Namor, Ironman, Warmachine, Ares(Marvel), Ms.Marvel Vs. Wonder Woman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

galactusischere
Standard gear for all combatants.
PIS, CIS, and jobbing are all off.

fight to death.

carver9
Team wins this.

Q99
Hm, none of the enemies have superspeed and one can't fly, but it is a lot of them...

JakeTheBank
I think Team takes this with difficulty. While Diana is the fastest and strongest person on the field, she's going to be dealing with people with comparable strength and speed continuously assailing her. I think she's bound to take out at least a couple of the others though.

carver9
Originally posted by Q99
Hm, none of the enemies have superspeed and one can't fly, but it is a lot of them...

All of them have Super speed, its just not up there with Wonder Womans BUT these are top tiers and I can see them over whelming her almost every time.

Q99
Originally posted by carver9
All of them have Super speed, its just not up there with Wonder Womans BUT these are top tiers and I can see them over whelming her almost every time.

I wouldn't call any of them top tier. On a fairly high tier, but not top, and Namor's the highest.

carver9
Originally posted by Q99
I wouldn't call any of them top tier. On a fairly high tier, but not top, and Namor's the highest.

I agree; didnt mean to say top tier BUT they are good enough.

Juk3n
WW can out pace Ms Marvel and Namor in the air, prolly fast enough to get to either Ironman or Warmachine and start ripping chunks off at the 'go'. if she can down the machines fast i think she has a shot at not totally getting buggered.

Machines down, she can (flying her absolute fastest) bfr Ares. Then again employing the same tactic, full throttle to ms Marvel - rear naked choke - and go straite up as fast as she can, pound the shit out of ms marvel for a good few seconds it'd take namor to reach and assist. All that could be accomplished in about 20 seconds since the PIS and CIS are off, that means we're talking asbout the WW powerset more than actually WW.

Superman could do it. stick out tongue

Martian_mind

I'm gonna say Wonder Woman. Very tentatively.

the ninjak
Only Ironman and Namor are usefull here Ironmans force fields and inertial dampening can allow him to assault her senses ( like her hearing)
Once Namor gets a hold of her its a free for all.

Juk3n
^ Tis would be true, if Namor was anywhere even CLOSE to being able to move at WW top speed. CIS is off, she will be going at her peak speed and fighting at her peak speed, dodging, smashing, tearing all at her best. They have a slim chance of restraining her.

Lord Feron
Tough fight for Wondy ... With everything off, I can see WW taking it to be honest.

Q99
Yea, it's still hard, but with a series of repeated hit and runs... definitely need to use the tiara...

DarkOdin
I think the team could do some serious damage but WW with no cis/pis would must likly just pound and wear them out before they take her out. Iron man what armour is he in.

WW for a soild 7 out of 10

Sasaraixx
She could do it. She could also be overwhelmed if she doesn't utilize her speed and weapons.

tideoftime
Generally, Diana takes the team, about 6-7/10 or so, though it will be a drag out for awhile (Ms. Marvel and Namor are going down last); Team can make for some good wins if A: WW underestimates any of them, even for a moment B: Namor can somehow get her underwater (though she is still stronger, he'll narrow the difference, and if the IronMn and Ms. Marvel can help underwater...) and/or C: Namor and Ms. Marvel run interference while Ironman and WarMachine jury-up a powerful electrical attack that she's not in position to deflect, and then Ms. and Namor pound like their lives depend on it... 'cus it will...

Diana still takes the majority, as she's too strong/fast and has equipment to help her, but the team has some possibilites.

redhotrash
Namor gets her into bed.

Blanket
Namor wears Iron Man/War Machine as his legs. Ms Marvel is the left arm. Ares is the right.

Namor wins.

Kasper Gutman
Ares could screw up WW if he brings some godly weapons. I'm seeing a scenario where WW is fighting off 2 or 3 at a time and Ares jumps in and does some damage. Fits in with many of his showings in team fights.

manx422
Wonder Woman

Warlord
team

tideoftime
Originally posted by Kasper Gutman
Ares could screw up WW if he brings some godly weapons. I'm seeing a scenario where WW is fighting off 2 or 3 at a time and Ares jumps in and does some damage. Fits in with many of his showings in team fights.

That's another possiblity of the Team making a win. The trick is, with CIS/PIS off, Diana is just too fast to get really nailed by Ares -- she's fought multiple foes with god-weapons before (most recently against 4 of her fellow amazons who are the best at what they do, in terms of the god weapons they were using, and who were not holding back, not to mention the battles with Achilles, who is superior to Ares(M) in this context). But that is definitely a possibility. Still sticking with WW: 6-7/10.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Blanket
Namor wears Iron Man/War Machine as his legs. Ms Marvel is the left arm. Ares is the right.

Namor wins.

WTF is he Voltron? laughing out loud

Bouboumaster
Team win

namorsubby
I don't think what would possess anyone here to believe that wonder woman could prevail against such odds.........but the sheer notion is ridiculous.

Q99
They don't have super-speed. It's not like WW is just going to rush in and start trading blows with the lot of them, she'll use tactics and break it up into a series of smaller engagements where she'll have local superiority.

namorsubby
they all have "super-speed".......meaning they're all superhumanly fast.

no chance here, at all.

Juk3n
Originally posted by namorsubby

no chance here, at all.

not nearly as fast as a CISless wonerwoman, don't delude yourself.

namorsubby
Originally posted by Juk3n
not nearly as fast as a CISless wonderwoman, don't delude yourself. yeah, I'll keep that in mind. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I don't know what singular feat you guys have recently witnessed by Wonderwoman that has caused this momentary "WW can take on the world if she really wanted to " craze(marked by these excessively spiteful feats), but I'm sure that if I you give it a while, it'll all die down soon enough.

But yeah, sure, for now........Wonderwoman FTP roll eyes (sarcastic)

Juk3n
So what you're saying is , you havnt read a comic with wonderwoman in, and you don't know her peak capabilities? Because if you DID, you'd know that she out classes each of these guys. No one here is as fast as her, thats a fact. As strong? prolly not, As skilled? mm nah!. No ones saying she stomps, but CISless it's hard to see them getting there hands on her is all.

Q99

no chance here, at all.

Yea, like a few hundred mph for the best of them. Wonder Woman is *fast*, 'can catch speedforce users like Jesse Quick' fast, and has reflexes faster than Superman's.

They're not remotely near her speed league.

namorsubby
Originally posted by Juk3n
So what you're saying is , you havnt read a comic with wonderwoman in, and you don't know her peak capabilities? Because if you DID, you'd know that she out classes each of these guys. No one here is as fast as her, thats a fact. As strong? prolly not, As skilled? mm nah!. No ones saying she stomps, but CISless it's hard to see them getting there hands on her is all. no, what I'm saying is that these characters are far too formiddable to lose to Wonderwoman as a whole. it's just plain silly.

many of these characters have substantial superhuman speed and flight, most are comparable and possibly superior in other areas.plus, it's 5 on 1........if this was toad, angel, jubilee, gambit, and eye-scream, then maybe i'd reconsider.

namorsubby
Originally posted by Q99
Yea, like a few hundred mph for the best of them. Wonder Woman is *fast*, 'can catch speedforce users like Jesse Quick' fast, and has reflexes faster than Superman's.

They're not remotely near her speed league. no, like past mach speed for almost the lot of them.

but yeah, I guess that's that feat I was talking about.

iceman24567
Her speed is great flying into the speedforce = lightspeed but her insane reflexes makes me believe she can take this 8/10

Q99
no, like past mach speed for almost the lot of them.

but yeah, I guess that's that feat I was talking about.

Mach speeds are not particularly impressive to her. And for most of them, they can only manage that when flying in a strait line with full afterburners.

It's 5 on 1 vs a character who's in Superman's tier. She can wreck most of them pretty fast, just a few blows each will put the majority of them down. Namor's pretty much the only one tough enough to take some damage for her, if it weren't for him to try and keep her busy the team'd be in big trouble.

Wonder Woman also has the lasso to tie up one or more of them, the tiara which can slice through any of them with ease... she's dangerous.

tideoftime
no, what I'm saying is that these characters are far too formiddable to lose to Wonderwoman as a whole. it's just plain silly.

many of these characters have substantial superhuman speed and flight, most are comparable and possibly superior in other areas.plus, it's 5 on 1........if this was toad, angel, jubilee, gambit, and eye-scream, then maybe i'd reconsider.

That's true, many of them do have substantial superhuman speed. And all of their speed pales compared to hers. Now I didn't give her 8/10 like Iceman did, but she clearly takes at least 6+ here. She's stronger than any of them (even Ms. Marvel and Namor, together), and her combat speed is monstrous in comparison to the team's. I did, however, give several examples of how the Team can eke out some wins in my posts above. But all general things considered, Team is going down, some of them hard. (War Machine and Ironman -- the latter I like quite a lot -- will get torn apart like Omacs by her, even with Tony's forcefield, if they don't let Ms. Marvel and Namor run interference. Ares in Marvel just pales compared to Diana, across the board. She can literally take down 2-3 of the Team before any of their viable attacks connect with her. Seriously.)

namorsubby
if all this is true, then why is it that just recently all of a sudden threads like these have been popping up for ole WW?

like I said, recently, she must have done something pretty impressive, and in that instance she was probably stated to be "going all out". I also assume that feat involved the use of her super-speed(which everyone had always known she had before the feat BTW).Now, because of this singular, or perhaps a couple showings, her repuation here has been temperarily boosted to insane levels, but, let me ask you this:

if she always had this speed, and she's always been able to perform at this level when she's not "restraining herself", then why does it always take one or a few hyped feats for these characters to maintain such a rep, and only for mere moments at that?

thing is, if you look at consistent feats of all these characters including WW, you'll realize that there's no way that she will be taking this marvel team single-handily, even once.

what about all of these other characters and their high end feats, huh?

Q99
if all this is true, then why is it that just recently all of a sudden threads like these have been popping up for ole WW?

like I said, recently, she must have done something pretty impressive, and in that instance she was probably stated to be "going all out". I also assume that feat involved the use of her super-speed(which everyone had always known she had before the feat BTW).Now, because of this singular, or perhaps a couple showings, her repuation here has been temperarily boosted to insane levels, but, let me ask you this:

To my knowledge? She hasn't. It's just her book is good at the moment and she's getting BN tie-ins, so people are taking interest in her, looking at the respect thread, etc..

The 'catching Jesse Quick at the edge of the speed force' thing was decades ago. In Morrison's and Waid's JLAs, she was used as 'one of the only members capable of moving faster than thought' on several occasions (when kidnapped by Adam Strange, and when checking on all the White Martians on Earth to make sure they weren't waking up from their imposed identities). She tagged Zoom toward the end of Rucka's run, which was... I think 4~5 years ago. And so on.

It's nothing new, it's been a regular thing for her.

Dunno. Though, as mentioned, there's no single feat I know of, I think it's just people are bringing it up more.

Speed of Hermes is just one of her abilities. It's pretty much the exact same speed that Captain Marvel has. Nothing newsworthy about that.

I think you're just not familiar with her feats. There's a half-dozen just off the top of my head.

I don't think any of them have feats that match her in speed or strength. I could see maybe in one-offs, though I doubt it, but as mentioned, her speed definitely isn't.

The Nuul
WW is stronger, faster and way better fighter, than anyone on T1. She easily tips the favor to T2 side FTW!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.