Pick the best and worst X-Men games.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CrowRoboto
Best:
X-Men Origins: Wolverine Uncaged edition for PS3.
X-Men arcade.
X-Men Legends 1 & 2 for Gamecube and PS2.
X-Men vs. Street Fighter.
Capcom vs. Marvel.
X-Men mutant apocalypse for SNES.
X-Men 1 & 2 for Genesis.
X-Men Dimensions for Gamecube.

Fair:
X-Men for Gamegear.

Medicore:
Wolverine for NES.

Worst:
X-Men for NES.
Children of the Atom for PS1.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by CrowRoboto
X-Men Dimensions for Gamecube.
That one is called Next Dimension, and it's for the PS2 and regular X-Box as well.

Mandrag Ganon
X-Men Origins: Wolverine Uncaged edition and X-Men arcade are the only two I've really played. They were both ok, wouldn't buy either of them for more than $10 though.

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
That one is called Next Dimension, and it's for the PS2 and regular X-Box as well.

I don't think he was listing out all of systems that each game was on, because Origins Uncaged was also on the 360 and Legends 2 was on X-box.

And as I think about it, if Marvel vs. Capcom is there where is Marvel vs. Capcom 2?

Darth Jello
I haven't played too many of them-

Best:
Uncanny X-Men (arcade)
X-Men 2: Clone Wars (Genesis)
X-Men Mutant Apocalypse (SNES)

Okay:
X-Men Children of the Atom (Arcade)
X-Men (Genesis)
X-Men: The Official Game (Game Cube, etc.)
X2: Wolverine's Revenge (GBA)
X-Men the Official Game (GBA)

Worst:
Marvel's X-Men (NES)
Wolverine (NES)
Wolverine: Adamantium Rage (SNES and Genesis)
Spider-Man/X-Men: Arcade's Revenge (SNES, etc.)

No End N Site
BEST= X Men VS Street Fighter/Marvel VS Capcom/Marvel VS Capcom 2

FAIR= Spider-Man/X-Men (sentimental value)

WORST= X-Men (NES)

jinXed by JaNx
Best--
X-men arcade
X-men origins; Wolverine
X-men legends 2
Ultimate Alliance
X-men Legends
X-men Mutant Apocalypse
X-men 2
Xmen Vs Street Fighter
X-men (sega)
Wolverines Revenge
Children of the Atom

WORST

X-men; official game
Wolverine
X-men (nes)
Ultimate Alliance 2

Kazenji
Best--
X-men arcade
X-men Legends
X-men legends 2
Ultimate Alliance
X-men Mutant Apocalypse
X2: Woverines Revenge
Xmen Vs Street Fighter
X-men (sega)
X-Men: Next Dimension

WORST

Wolverine: Adamantium Rage
X-Men: Mutant Academy

Ridley_Prime
I can tell Adamantium Rage is one of the worst just by the title haermm, though I've only played a small portion of these games overall.

Demonic Phoenix
GOOD -
i) X-Men Legends 2: RoA. (Despite the considerable number of flaws in this game and the lack of number of things I would have liked, I still love it.)

ii) Children of the Atom

iii) X-Men Legends (Gave rise to my favorite X-Men game)

FAIR -
i) Ultimate Alliance & UL2 (IMO just an "upgraded" expanded version of XML & XML2:RoA)

ii) X-Men Origins: Wolverine (Boy, I sure loved the brokenness of Lunge. Gore was alright)

CRAP -
i) X-Men: The Official Game (Worthless piece of sh*t)

~ Those are the only ones I've played. The X-Men series has a number of games, but only a few are worth playing.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
i) X-Men Legends 2: RoA. (Despite the considerable number of flaws in this game and the lack of number of things I would have liked, I still love it.)
Same here. I like how the game's storyline was basically an alternate version of The Twelve saga. Sinister secretly sabotaging Apocalypse's machine though was WTFrandom. Not to mention, teh real Apocalypse would've foresaw Essex plotting against him like he did in the comics.

All and all though, pretty good game regardless, as are its cutscenes.

As for the other ones I played, X-Men Mutant Apocalypse was incredible for its time too, but as for Next Dimension, Gambit was broken with all the infinite combos you could do with him and the kinetic card glitch...

1jY4crwixzM

Not that I'm complainin. 131

Kazenji
They should make another X-men Fighting game along the lines of Next Dimension but a lil better of course.

Alpha Centauri
The Vs Capcom games aren't X-Men games, they're Capcom games.

Best, speaking from a solely X-Men point of view, is probably Uncanny X-Men. The one with Wendigo, Emma Frost, Pyro etc as bosses. It also had very bad English.

It was fun, though. I wonder why it's not on Xbox Live Marketplace yet.

I thought Wolverine's Revenge was alright.

Worst...? Out of the ones I've played: Mutant Academy. DIRE.

-AV

CrowRoboto
Wolverine's revenge was medicore and so was the NES Wolverine game.

As for NES's X-Men game, what did you expect from Laughing Joking Numbnuts?

Kris Blaze
Your lists essentially have 2 times as many "best" games as they have "worst" games.

X-Men Legends was the best game, easily.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Kazenji
They should make another X-men Fighting game along the lines of Next Dimension but a lil better of course.
I pretty much agree, but better in what way exactly?

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
It was fun, though. I wonder why it's not on Xbox Live Marketplace yet.
If it makes it there, I'll have to give it a try. thumb up

Kazenji
Originally posted by CrowRoboto
Wolverine's revenge was medicore and so was the NES Wolverine game.

At least Wolverine's revenge was better then Adamantium Rage and also it had some decent stealth parts

have'nt played that new Wolverine but from what i've seen i did'nt see any of that in it.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Same here. I like how the game's storyline was basically an alternate version of The Twelve saga. Sinister secretly sabotaging Apocalypse's machine though was WTFrandom. Not to mention, teh real Apocalypse would've foresaw Essex plotting against him like he did in the comics.

All and all though, pretty good game regardless, as are its cutscenes.

Sinister interfering was fairly obvious and it was telegraphed earlier I think. I wish they had made a sequel to the game though, with Sinister being the obvious antagonist.
Also, I care nothing for the plot, it's just there to give us a way to kill/defeat fools stick out tongue.

Iron Man was badass in the game. It's a pity he played virtually no part in the plot.

Cutscenes were alright, though they were few in number, like 1 after every Act >__>.

Darth Jello
Playing the older ones it amazes me that LJN got the license. DC had most of their games coming out pretty good with Dataeast, Sunsoft, and Konami. Marvel just had....LJN and sometimes the crappier teams at Activision until Children of the Atom and Mutant Apocalypse. That's just sad.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.