Death of the Endless Vs 616 Death

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

galactusischere
The second oldest of the Endless(gaiman's version) vs 616 mistress Death(multi-death).
Neron, Mephisto, and Thanos watch. PIS, CIS, and Jobbing are all off.

Fight to the death... confused

Power Cosmic II
i'm still reading through sandman. On issue #54 or so. So far the endless haven't impressed me in terms of cosmic scale feats but from statements and implied powers they are heavyweights.

That's my opinion so far. It may well change when i finish up sandman.

Omega Vision
Sandman wasn't about "OMG look how many people's asses I can kick!" but Gaiman made it pretty clear that they were above Gods and Demons but below Mike and Lucy.

galactusischere
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Sandman wasn't about "OMG look how many people's asses I can kick!" but Gaiman made it pretty clear that they were above Gods and Demons but below Mike and Lucy.

They didn't have any combat feats though. They were only said to be powerful. And Death wasn't really scared of Lucy in the Lucifer series.
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/43469/937068-lucifer_26_p07_super.jpg

Juntai
Originally posted by galactusischere
They didn't have any combat feats though. They were only said to be powerful. And Death wasn't really scared of Lucy in the Lucifer series.
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/4/43469/937068-lucifer_26_p07_super.jpg
But he punks her in this one.
She is scared of him. Just like Dream. All the endless are. He is beyond them.
http://static.flickr.com/47/127132181_64cf8bd931_o.jpg
But this thread wasn't about Lucifer, so I'm not sure why you posted that here.

Colossus-Big C
i guess this is power wise because neither can kill each other...

Omega Vision
Death is the ultimate personification of death in DC/Vertigo according to Gaiman whereas 616 Death is just the Death of one universe. Death of the Endless' MU equivalent would be Multi-Death.

galactusischere
So umm.. who wins here, even if they can't finish each other off, who is more powerful?

Omega Vision
One would think Death of the Endless since she's a multiversal abstract. Really though it probably falls under which you like better since there's no real incontrovertible way to tell. I'll vote for Gaiman Death cuz she's hotter.

Colossus-Big C
Death is the ultimate personification of death in DC/Vertigo according to Gaiman whereas 616 Death is just the Death of one universe. Death of the Endless' MU equivalent would be Multi-Death. 616 abstracts are the multi's unless its told that its there single universe selve

quanchi112
616 wins. These concepts weren't impressive to me anyways.

Endless Mike
Endless Death wins because she's hotter love

Omega Vision
Originally posted by quanchi112
616 wins. These concepts weren't impressive to me anyways.
Gaiman's Death is much more "impressive" than a skeleton wearing a robe.

Q99
Originally posted by Power Cosmic II
i'm still reading through sandman. On issue #54 or so. So far the endless haven't impressed me in terms of cosmic scale feats but from statements and implied powers they are heavyweights.

That's my opinion so far. It may well change when i finish up sandman.

Did you get to the part where Morpheus gets handed a universe as a trinket?

There is a strong implication that the Endless are their concept everywhere, throughout the multiverse.

kevdude
Death of the Endless would win, she is not a part of any cosmic balance like 616 Death. Destiny is the only one who seemed not to be afraid of Lucifer, he is usually calm even during extreme moments.

Q99
Originally posted by kevdude
Death of the Endless would win, she is not a part of any cosmic balance like 616 Death. Destiny is the only one who seemed not to be afraid of Lucifer, he is usually calm even during extreme moments.

Destiny knows exactly what is going to happen after all.

I don't think Death's afraid of Lucifer either.

kevdude
I think she was taken back by his threat, knowing he could have a very good chance at it, Death reminded him it wouldh't help his cause though, after that she didn't bother him again.

quanchi112
Gaiman's Death is much more "impressive" than a skeleton wearing a robe. Death can take any shape she wants. How i she more impressive?

comicfan11
Gaiman's gothgirl

Omega Vision
Death can take any shape she wants. How i she more impressive?
She looks like a hot goth girl. My pants were much more impressed by her than Marvel Death.

galactusischere
you guys know that 616 abstracts are multi-versal right?

quanchi112
She looks like a hot goth girl. My pants were much more impressed by her than Marvel Death. Marvel death can take any shape. This is a battle not a beauty pageant.

Omega Vision
Marvel death can take any shape. This is a battle not a beauty pageant.
Battles are meaningless. Death is a higher personification than 616 Death since she is the Death of the entire DCU and Vertigo, not just one Universe.

galactusischere
Battles are meaningless. Death is a higher personification than 616 Death since she is the Death of the entire DCU and Vertigo, not just one Universe.

616 Eternity was show/told to be multi-versal. 616 Infinity stalemated Oblivion who is multi-versal. When 616 Galactus died the multi-verse would have been destroyed if it were not for the UN. So im fairly positive that 616 Death is actually multi-death.

Power Cosmic II

yes that's extremely obvious. But still the endless have almost no feats that couldn't be duplicated by silver surfer. To the extent that i've read of course. How else are you supposed to debate with them, based on creator statements erm

quanchi112
Battles are meaningless. Death is a higher personification than 616 Death since she is the Death of the entire DCU and Vertigo, not just one Universe. False. That's absolutely atrocious debating. That's like saying a king with more land is more powerful than a king with less land in combat.

Harbinger
She looks like a hot goth girl. My pants were much more impressed by her than Marvel Death. Oh Dear.

Endless Mike
False. That's absolutely atrocious debating. That's like saying a king with more land is more powerful than a king with less land in combat.

Well more land = more space to recruit and train soldiers and build weapons.

King Kandy
I hate using endless in debate. They have absolutely nothing that would give them the win over anyone.

I was way more impressed in terms of power and scope by the death in dr strange than the endless... but it's all meaningless.

shiv
But still the endless have almost no feats that couldn't be duplicated by silver surfer. To the extent that i've read of course.

facepalm

Juntai
yes that's extremely obvious. But still the endless have almost no feats that couldn't be duplicated by silver surfer. To the extent that i've read of course. How else are you supposed to debate with them, based on creator statements erm Originally posted by Juntai
And in Sandman, Dream gathered all his power and still thought he was no match against Lucifer. He thought he was off to battle Lucifer and die, said his farewells and all. For an idea of how powerful Dream is---A portion of Dream's power stored in the form of Morpheus' Dreamstone powered the Materioptikon and enabled the formation of alternate realities and futures.
Ever see Silver Surfer manipulate a timeline directly or create a reality?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Well more land = more space to recruit and train soldiers and build weapons. It isn't about two nations here it's one ruler or embodiment of death vs. the other.Originally posted by King Kandy
I hate using endless in debate. They have absolutely nothing that would give them the win over anyone.

I was way more impressed in terms of power and scope by the death in dr strange than the endless... but it's all meaningless. I agree. It's like debating fc darkseid.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.