Manhunter vs She-Hulk with a twist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Omega Vision
The Joker is on trial for mass-murder (among other things) and Kate Spencer (Manhunter) is the prosecutor. The Joker has hired Jennifer Waters (Shulkie) as his defendant. Will the Joker escape justice again?

Omega Vision
bump

galactusischere
No idea who Kate Spencer is so I can't tell.

Omega Vision
She's DC's greatest criminal prosecutor who moonlights as the Manhunter to take down the criminals that slips through Justice's fingers.

The Pict
That was a great comic

Omega Vision
^ I've been meaning to read it for quite some time now. What I've seen on the net has been pretty good so far.

The Pict
Originally posted by Omega Vision
^ I've been meaning to read it for quite some time now. What I've seen on the net has been pretty good so far.

It was great. I didn't get all the issues though, most of them so I dunno how it ended.

Good reviews as well, just didn't shift enough issues.

Q99
I'm going to note not only could any halfway decent lawyer convict the Joker even with a good defense, She-Hulk isn't going to try any loophole-y defense (she will defend very will conventionally, that's it), and if he was somehow found innocent, Manhunter would blast him.

DarkSaint85
Well...he could be let off on insanity charges. Which is pretty evident to anyone at the trial.

She-Hulk could very well win.

Q99
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Well...he could be let off on insanity charges. Which is pretty evident to anyone at the trial.

She-Hulk could very well win.

Insanity pleas doesn't work that way- it requires one to not be conscious of what they were doing, not just 'killed someone on purpose but is nuts.' Joker's version of insanity doesn't qualify.

Also, they still end up with the person incarcerated, usually for longer than the normal length of time associated with the charges.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by Q99
Insanity pleas doesn't work that way- it requires one to not be conscious of what they were doing, not just 'killed someone on purpose but is nuts.' Joker's version of insanity doesn't qualify.

Also, they still end up with the person incarcerated, usually for longer than the normal length of time associated with the charges.

He needs to be unconsicous that what he is doing is wrong, which, in some cases, he actually is unaware of (see Killing Joke). As far as he was concerned (IIRC) he was actually doing Gordon a favour.

A good precis, if you're that way inclined, can be found here:

http://www.worldfamouscomics.com/law/back20030401.shtml

maxivitopowe
double post

maxivitopowe
Originally posted by Omega Vision
She's DC's greatest criminal prosecutor who moonlights as the Manhunter to take down the criminals that slips through Justice's fingers. so she is Daredevil?

Q99
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
He needs to be unconsicous that what he is doing is wrong, which, in some cases, he actually is unaware of (see Killing Joke). As far as he was concerned (IIRC) he was actually doing Gordon a favour.

Joker is fully aware people don't like being murdered, poisoned, etc.. He often uses fear and intimidation, he doesn't think people *like* what he does.

You could maybe write off *some* of his crimes that way, but definitely not all of them.

Originally posted by maxivitopowe
so she is Daredevil?

Sorta partway between Daredevil and Punisher. She kills villains.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.