Annihilation Wave takes on Blackest Night

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
All characters involved in this both good and bad go to war with each other. Each side has 2 weeks prep time. The fight takes place in a galaxy three times the size of the Milky way.

Who wins?

galactusischere
A-Wave

manx422
Blackest Night

the ninjak
The annhiliation wave crushed the Nova Corps in minutes....
it would mess them up too

quanchi112
Originally posted by manx422
Blackest Night Did you read annihilation?

manx422
yes

quanchi112
yes Why did Thanos turn on the a-wave?

the ninjak
what could a bunch of zombie making lanterns do against a near endless army of negative zone insectoids of phalanx....... even worse if it were the Phalanx!

manx422
annihilus wanted to b last survivor
he wanted 2 kill every1
when thanos came 2 know ths he turned on a-wave

quanchi112
he wanted 2 kill every1
when thanos came 2 know ths he turned on a-wave Ok, you actually knew the answer. How do they win iyo?

the ninjak
he wanted 2 kill every1
when thanos came 2 know ths he turned on a-wave

sure...... but whats your point.

quanchi112
Originally posted by the ninjak
sure...... but whats your point. Follow the posts and you can see he is answering my question.

manx422
nekron solos by sending black rings to catch thanos and galactus
galactus then quashes a-wave

the ninjak
Originally posted by quanchi112
Follow the posts and you can see he is answering my question.

I meant why does he think Zombie lanterns can win

Prep-Man
BN ftw.

the ninjak
Thanos and Quasar did die during it but Galactis was captured. The dead Nova Corps would not have any power Nova absorbed all of it. Quasar was also disintergrated.
But thats beside the point this is one of the anhiliation waves vs the black lanterns. And can black rings ressurect phalanx warriors? And millions of hive mind bugs?

Q99
I meant why does he think Zombie lanterns can win

The BN lanterns do have a fair amount going for them. One, they don't die, they just keep coming back, and it's really hard to destroy even individual rings. Two, they have members from all the dead in DC, so a lot of them are quite powerful even before the lantern powers. Three, they keep adding to their numbers as casualties mount. Every time a Seeker, Centurion, or parasite-controlled super dies, they'll be added to the lanterns.

The Annihilation Wave is > any lantern corps, but the Black Lanterns are taking on all seven plus all of Earth's heroes at the same time and doing quite well.

It's also interesting how similar their goals are. The Annihilation Wave wants to kill all but one, the BLs want to make sure there's no one in there smile

the ninjak
But do Black Lantern rings work on technological beings, like Ultron and the Phalanx?

Q99
But do Black Lantern rings work on technological beings, like Ultron and the Phalanx?

Not directly, at least I don't know of any BL androids.

Not that the Phalanx is here, and the BLs have plenty of conventional force to deal with them anyway.

the ninjak
But Ultron and his Phalanx were an anhiliation wave

Q99
But Ultron and his Phalanx were an anhiliation wave

No. Their series was called 'Annihilation Conquest' but the Annihilation Wave refers specifically to Annihilus's forces. Those bunch were just called the Phalanx and no-one called them a Wave (I'm not sure if they called them Annihilation for that matter, but at the least there's a difference between the Conquest and Wave forces and the Conquest ones weren't called an Annihilation Wave).

the ninjak
Depending on how many Black Lanterns enter the fray? 100 a 1000. Billions and billions of Hive mind Supersoldiers, Negative Zone Silver Surfers, and Annhilis with quantum bands.....all attacking at the same time.... literally a wave.

It would be a good fight.

But for arguments sake Ultron and his cronies wound mess them up. But they dont count miffed

Q99
Depending on how many Black Lanterns enter the fray? 100 a 1000.

There are definitely thousands and thousands of BLs at the very least, probably tens of thousands. Their total number is currently unknown.

---

Ultron's Phalanx force is a lot smaller in number than Annihilus's forces, though IMO individually more badass, and their Select got 100% of the power of the converted, unlike the resistance the parasited people the Wave took over like Terrax.

quanchi112
nekron solos by sending black rings to catch thanos and galactus
galactus then quashes a-wave They aren't dead.Originally posted by the ninjak
I meant why does he think Zombie lanterns can win He loves dc.

-Pr-
Blackest Night, if the previews are to be believed.

Juntai
How does anyone propose they kill one of the lanterns?

xJLxKing
Lanterns in a HUGE stomp. There is little the A wave can do. They can temporarily BFR them, and kill them, but nothing else. Eventually, Black Lanterns will with minimum death/bfrs

quanchi112
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Lanterns in a HUGE stomp. There is little the A wave can do. They can temporarily BFR them, and kill them, but nothing else. Eventually, Black Lanterns will with minimum death/bfrs Did you read the Annihilation Story? Do you know who Galactus is?

xJLxKing
Did you read the Annihilation Story? Do you know who Galactus is? Do you know know who the Spectre is? Guess not.

iceman24567
Black Lanterns

quanchi112
Do you know know who the Spectre is? Guess not. Yes, a character who'd get owned by Galactus.

id369
Blackest Night wins.

Omega Vision
Blackest Night. Without any plot device powers it will be difficult for the AW to actually put down any of the BLs. Spectre BL could probably solo the majority of the A Wave's forces.

comicfan11
Blackest Night.
AW doesn't have anything to put a BL down for good but the BL's have some heavy hitters.
Plus anything that dies can instantly become a BL.

JakeTheBank
Blackest Night wins.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Blackest Night. Without any plot device powers it will be difficult for the AW to actually put down any of the BLs. Spectre BL could probably solo the majority of the A Wave's forces. Galactus? You serious?

Omega Vision
Galactus? You serious?
Was he in the Annihilation Wave's forces? And yes the Spectre could beat him.

iceman24567
This is lopsided as hell

xJLxKing
Yup.

Not only did he say all the good guys and bad, but he did put a limit on how strong. Basically, you got an entire rainbow army and black lantern along with the JLA, and sooo many more. In fact, it's the entire Universe that is being effected. Stomp anyone?

Parmaniac
Seriously how the f@ck are they're supposed to take down the BL?

They have no way of killing them maybe the BL are overwhlemed at first but sooner or later every single insect will be crushed like... well an insect

galactusischere
A-Wave basically had 3 Galactuses. And I haven't read all of BN was the Spectre backed by Presence?

quanchi112
Was he in the Annihilation Wave's forces? And yes the Spectre could beat him. Originally posted by quanchi112
All characters involved in this both good and bad go to war with each other. Each side has 2 weeks prep time. The fight takes place in a galaxy three times the size of the Milky way.

Who wins? Read the opening post next time. Nothing the Spectre has done in this arc has proven he can defeat galactus.Originally posted by Parmaniac
Seriously how the f@ck are they're supposed to take down the BL?

They have no way of killing them maybe the BL are overwhlemed at first but sooner or later every single insect will be crushed like... well an insect You really think Thanos, Annihilus, Galactus, tenebrous, and aegis couldn't kill a black lantern?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by galactusischere
A-Wave basically had 3 Galactuses. And I haven't read all of BN was the Spectre backed by Presence?

No. The Spectre is currently trying to resist the Black Lantern ring.

quanchi112
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
No. The Spectre is currently trying to resist the Black Lantern ring. Ps didn't impress me at all when he attempted to attack the spectre. Very insignificant showing for Ps.

galactusischere
No. The Spectre is currently trying to resist the Black Lantern ring.

Then how does he beat three abstract level characters?
Spectre without backing is a puss.

quanchi112
Then how does he beat three abstract level characters?
Spectre without backing is a puss. He doesn't. Galactus himself would stomp an absolute mudhole in him.

Q99
Something to note about the Spectre is, pretty much nothing phases him for long.

If you saw his fights with the Lords of Order, he didn't stomp all of them. Shazam was able to inflict a lot of harm, for example. It's just even if you inflicted a major wound on him, it'd be gone in no time. Likewise, when he fought Parallax, Parallax blasted him and he dispersed. Then, he showed up again in peak condition.

The Spectre's already dead and it doesn't seem like it's possible to really hurt him. So he wears down other cosmic beings in prolonged fights.

---

Personally, I'm assuming Nekron is putting a *lot* of effort into that ring trying to take him over and/or the Spectre has some weird specific power-bypassing vulnerability due to his nature as a spectre.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Q99
Something to note about the Spectre is, pretty much nothing phases him for long.

If you saw his fights with the Lords of Order, he didn't stomp all of them. Shazam was able to inflict a lot of harm, for example. It's just even if you inflicted a major wound on him, it'd be gone in no time. Likewise, when he fought Parallax, Parallax blasted him and he dispersed. Then, he showed up again in peak condition.

The Spectre's already dead and it doesn't seem like it's possible to really hurt him. So he wears down other cosmic beings in prolonged fights.

---

Personally, I'm assuming Nekron is putting a *lot* of effort into that ring trying to take him over and/or the Spectre has some weird specific power-bypassing vulnerability due to his nature as a spectre. Shazam injured him badly and had it not been for the absorption thing he'd have probably beaten him. Marvel crushed the Spectre also.

Galactus doesn't use magic so the Spectre is screwed here.

Q99
Shazam injured him badly and had it not been for the absorption thing he'd have probably beaten him. Marvel crushed the Spectre also.

Galactus doesn't use magic so the Spectre is screwed here.

But Parallax-Hal did more to the Spectre than Shazam did and the Spectre bounced back from that.

Also Galactus is just a gun here. Spectre doesn't have to take him power to power, he can just fight to free him... not that I'd really include the Spectre in the BL forces.

galactusischere
Originally posted by Q99
But Parallax-Hal did more to the Spectre than Shazam did and the Spectre bounced back from that.

Also Galactus is just a gun here. Spectre doesn't have to take him power to power, he can just fight to free him... not that I'd really include the Spectre in the BL forces.

Galactus is the least of BN's worries, with the Proemial gods there.

Q99
Yea, I guess I have been overlooking the pair. They so often get left out of these things.

But, on the flip side, the Black Lanterns will have Nekron himself, who's no slouch himself.

manx422
They aren't dead. He loves dc. they are the ressurected

Omega Vision
Ps didn't impress me at all when he attempted to attack the spectre. Very insignificant showing for Ps.
Because its the Spectre. Why is it a low showing for him to fail in combat against the Spectre? More of your crazy lowballing of the Wrath of God because you think Odin can beat him?

xJLxKing
laughing out loud It Quan logic

quanchi112
Originally posted by Q99

Also Galactus is just a gun here. Spectre doesn't have to take him power to power, he can just fight to free him... not that I'd really include the Spectre in the BL forces. Different Spectre.

Galactus has the power to defeat the Spectre.

they are the ressurected No. Death is on their side in this thread and this only has to do with dc characters not marvel ones.Originally posted by Omega Vision
Because its the Spectre. Why is it a low showing for him to fail in combat against the Spectre? More of your crazy lowballing of the Wrath of God because you think Odin can beat him? I didn't lowball the Spectre. I simply laughed at someone acting like the Phantom Stranger is impressive. Shazam and Nabu proved themselves to be effective or a threat while the Phantom Stranger proved to be pathetic against him.

I never stated that you noob.Originally posted by xJLxKing
laughing out loud It Quan logic You mean it's quan logic. You have typos in virtually all of your posts. Clean it up.

WhiteWitchKing

Who wins?

So this is basically everyone from the United Alliance + A-Wave against all Lanterns Corps? Or is this just the A-Wave against all the Lantern Corps?

Teleportation tech to move the Black Lanterns into the Negative Zone or into a black hole like Brainiac did.

manx422
Different Spectre.

Galactus has the power to defeat the Spectre.

No. Death is on their side in this thread and this only has to do with dc characters not marvel ones. I didn't lowball the Spectre. I simply laughed at someone acting like the Phantom Stranger is impressive. Shazam and Nabu proved themselves to be effective or a threat while the Phantom Stranger proved to be pathetic against him.

I never stated that you noob. You mean it's quan logic. You have typos in virtually all of your posts. Clean it up. Nekron is the gaurdian of death evil face

Survivor19
What would stop BL Superman from taking out A-Wave command structure? Even Drax could make his way to one of Annihilus' queens.
Once that is done and coordiantion in A-Wave goes to hell, BLs go happily on their insect hunt...

Mind you, i'm pretty sure Thanos is quite able to cook some technological solution that deactivates BL rings en masse. In fact, it all comes to that. With tech to take high-level BLs or their rings out of fight permanently A-Wave wins. Without it - loses. It boils down to the question if A-Wave cannon fodder is up to the task of holding BLs until Thanos or somebody else comes up with a solution.

the ninjak
Annhilis could just create tonnes of white light around the Black Lanterns.

Parmaniac
You really think Thanos, Annihilus, Galactus, tenebrous, and aegis couldn't kill a black lantern?
How? It's not like no one in DC already tried and failed except the light/emotion characters and it's not like that all the thousands of GLs are sitting there and wait, plus a lot of top tiers are in the BL corps.

Galactus was not in a good shape though

quanchi112
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
So this is basically everyone from the United Alliance + A-Wave against all Lanterns Corps? Or is this just the A-Wave against all the Lantern Corps?

Teleportation tech to move the Black Lanterns into the Negative Zone or into a black hole like Brainiac did. It's every character associated in any of these titles both good and bad. Originally posted by manx422
Nekron is the gaurdian of death evil face Mistress Death is death.

Originally posted by Parmaniac
How? It's not like no one in DC already tried and failed except the light/emotion characters and it's not like that all the thousands of GLs are sitting there and wait, plus a lot of top tiers are in the BL corps.

Galactus was not in a good shape though Go after the bigger guns. I hope you aren't suggesting that Thanos wouldn't be able to figure out a way to sever the connection or to go the source itself.

I do admit maybe I created this thread a little too soon.

Because he was drained. He won't be in the same shape as he was later in the story anyways. he was also still powerful enough to take out three star systems worth of the a wave.

manx422
how do they stop Nekron
white light does nothing 2 him
Nekron>Mistress Death

Desaad
Annhilis could just create tonnes of white light around the Black Lanterns.

Generally speaking, the mere ability to manipulate energy - even cosmic energies - doesn't really translate into being able to create enough pure white light to defeat a Black Lantern.

The only non ring-bearer I know of who has accomplished it has been Dr. Light, the female, who has been known to channel enough energy to mess with the Anti-Monitor on occasion. Beyond that...?

On the Black Lantern side, the 'named' guys would be...

Nekron
Spectre
Phantom Stranger
Black Hand
All the Guardians
All the Emotional Spectrum entities (Parallax, Ion, Predator, etc)
Star Sapphires + Zamarons
Larfleeze
Sinestro Corps
Green Lantern Corps (including the now insanely badass Mogo)
Blue Lantern Corps
Red Lantern Corps
Indigo Lanterns
A legion of Black Lanterns, many of which have the power of various dead superheroes, all of which essentially can't be destroyed by any conventional means (including Harbinger, who killed the Monitor)
All DC Earth heroes
New Krypton and all of it's inhabitants (brought into the event in Blackest Night: Superman)
Brainiac 2/Vril Dox + REBELS
Etc.

It's really too much man. The event is too widespread in DC, covers too many groups of characters.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Desaad
Generally speaking, the mere ability to manipulate energy - even cosmic energies - doesn't really translate into being able to create enough pure white light to defeat a Black Lantern.

The only non ring-bearer I know of who has accomplished it has been Dr. Light, the female, who has been known to channel enough energy to mess with the Anti-Monitor on occasion. Beyond that...?

Nekron
Spectre
Phantom Stranger
Black Hand
All the Guardians
Larfleeze
Sinestro Corps
Blue Lantern Corps
Red Lantern Corps
Indigo Lanterns
A legion of Black Lanterns, many of which have the power of various dead superheroes, all of which essentially can't be destroyed by any conventional means (including Harbinger, who killed the Monitor)
All DC Earth heroes
New Krypton and all of it's inhabitants (brought into the event in Blackest Night: Superman)
Etc.

It's really too much man. The event is too widespread in DC, covers too many groups of characters. Are you saying it's a one sided stomp, astro?

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Desaad

Nekron
Spectre
Phantom Stranger
Black Hand
All the Guardians
Larfleeze
Sinestro Corps
Blue Lantern Corps
Red Lantern Corps
Indigo Lanterns
All DC Earth heroes
Etc.

It's really too much man. The event is too widespread in DC, covers too many groups of characters.
You missed more, but you still made your point

shokosugi
Blackest Night

quanchi112
You missed more, but you still made your point Don't forget Galactus has the un.

Desaad
You missed more, but you still made your point

Indeed, I'm sure there are a number of characters and groups I am forgetting. A resurrected planet Xanshi, for example.

Annihilation was just too small of an event to have those kind of numbers. A better battle would have been the actual Annihilation Wave forces vs Nekron's forces.

Even then, though, how do you defeat a group of foes who essentially can't die, and who immediately take control of any enemy that they are capable of killing?

xJLxKing
Don't forget Galactus has the un.
Good, remind if he'll ever use it again. Besides, Superman has MM.

quanchi112
Good, remind if he'll ever use it again. Besides, Superman has MM. This is a forum battle he can use it at any time he wants. How will it defeat Galactus?

xJLxKing
laughing out loud

manx422
This is a forum battle he can use it at any time he wants. How will it defeat Galactus? laughing

quanchi112
laughing out loud Also who defeats mistress death?

laughing Care to explain? Or would you rather laugh your way through this debate?

Omega Vision
Are you saying it's a one sided stomp, astro?
It looks to be that way. Essentially its *some* Marvel Cosmics and all of Marvel Space vs the entire DCU. Blackest Night has a more widespread scope as it encapsulates everything, there are even Black Lanterns traveling through time to Jonah Hex's time and even some on Earth Prime.

Juntai
Blackest Night.

Bouboumaster
Galactus, Tenebrous and Aegis ftw

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Galactus, Tenebrous and Aegis ftw
Yeah. They're the biggest threats to the BL Corps.
And they're the only ones strong enough to challenge Nekron.

Blanket
Somebody tell me how Mistress Death wound up in this thread?
I know who brought it up of course, but why?

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Blanket
I know who brought it up of course, but why?

It's not the Annihilation wave against the BL corps(e) as everyone thought at first, Quan listed the contenders and it seems he means EVERYONE who was in the story doesn't matter wich side they were or what their role was and IIRC at the end Thanos weas black and is at the side of mistress death

Omega Vision
It's not the Annihilation wave against the BL corps(e) as everyone thought at first, Quan listed the contenders and it seems he means EVERYONE who was in the story doesn't matter wich side they were or what their role was and IIRC at the end Thanos weas black and is at the side of mistress death
That's pretty flimsy though. In that case the Anti-Monitor is in as well.

JakeTheBank
Wouldn't he just be the power battery for the Black Lanterns at this point?

xJLxKing
Yeah, he is

Blanket
It's not the Annihilation wave against the BL corps(e) as everyone thought at first, Quan listed the contenders and it seems he means EVERYONE who was in the story doesn't matter wich side they were or what their role was and IIRC at the end Thanos weas black and is at the side of mistress death Death. Who didn't move for three panels is fighting on the Annihilation side...

Also, so that means pretty much everybody in DC is on the Blackest Night side?

JakeTheBank
Pretty much, yeah.

Blanket
Let me try and narrow down the rosters here off the top of my mind.

Marvel:
Tenebrous
Aegis
Galactus
Thanos
Surfer/all other heralds (even Morg's corpse is fighting)
Nova and Guardians of Galaxy
Annihilus
Ravenous
Annihilation Wave
Skreet
Maker Corpse
Dead Nova Corps
Destroyed Skrull/Kree empire
Ronan
Quaser
Super Skrull
Edit, oh ya, how could I forget Death...

DC:
All of it.

This thread should stay open.

xJLxKing
Lol

quanchi112
It looks to be that way. Essentially its *some* Marvel Cosmics and all of Marvel Space vs the entire DCU. Blackest Night has a more widespread scope as it encapsulates everything, there are even Black Lanterns traveling through time to Jonah Hex's time and even some on Earth Prime. The heavy hitters from the dcu aren't on par with the marvel heavy hitters from these two crossovers.

Originally posted by Blanket
I know who brought it up of course, but why? The better question would be why wouldn't she be included within the parameters of this thread?

It's not the Annihilation wave against the BL corps(e) as everyone thought at first, Quan listed the contenders and it seems he means EVERYONE who was in the story doesn't matter wich side they were or what their role was and IIRC at the end Thanos weas black and is at the side of mistress death Yep.Originally posted by Omega Vision
That's pretty flimsy though. In that case the Anti-Monitor is in as well. The state these characters are in in this story is the state they are in for this thread.

Prep-Man
BN FTW.

manx422
Blackest Night

the ninjak
Fighting the Black Lanterns is like losing to a black deck in a Magic the Gathering game. Their power is just too perfectly designed to acheive their goals. Only the Technocracy would be able to lessen the numbers but if they possess the Big hitters then they win! But they won't go down easy, Misstress Death would protect Thanos, the dead Nova Corps would have been powerless due to Nova absorbing all of their power. And Galactus Silver Silver and Annhilus would have tag teamed the BLs with white light!

manx422
galactus and thanos become bls
Nekron>death as he is the existence before life and death
he stopped death from claiming superheroes
how do they stop Nekron
Black rings copy powers

quanchi112
galactus and thanos become bls
he stopped death from claiming superheroes
how do they stop Nekron
Black rings copy powers False. They didn't die in the dc u so they have no power over the marvel characters especially since marvel death is right by their side here.

Prep-Man
Do BN get Nekron?

manx422
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Do BN get Nekron? yes

manx422
Nekron>death

galactusischere
Nekron>death

Galactus=<Death
Teneberous=Galactus
Aegis=Teneberous/Galactus

and im pretty sure Death>Nekron, seeing that this is 616 Death.

quanchi112
Do BN get Nekron? Of course.

manx422

Prep-Man
Then, BN. Nekron is the opposite of God.

quanchi112
Nekron>death as he is the existence before life and death This doesn't prove he is more powerful than the concept of death of marvel. In fact it has nothing to do with it.

galactusischere

616 Death is pretty much multi-death, seeing that 616 Eternity is.

manx422
nekron predates death

galactusischere
nekron predates death
So Nekron is beyond the multi-verse?

Prep-Man
So Nekron is beyond the multi-verse?

As per his description from Johns, he is beyond Death. He's the exact opposite of God. Like Great Evil beast. But we haven't seen much of Nekron yet.

manx422
yes
black rings took over alex luthor and went 2 earth prime

WhiteWitchKing
Then, BN. Nekron is the opposite of God.

LOl. No he isn't since the Guardians contained. Unless you actually think the Guardians can contain the Presence.

Black Lantern's aren't as unbeatable as everyone is claim. Options include blackholes, core of a planet or sun, and BFR to another dimension. Galactus would just teleport them with a thought into the Crunch were they all die. He moved Rom's galaxy across the universe with a thought.

xJLxKing
Actually, he just might be opposite of God. He doesn't have to be as strong as God to be his opposite. By definition, he is the opposite. He is the first ruler of the universe. He was there before "the presence/supreme being" gave life to the universe. By his definition life as well as the Supreme Being invaded his existence. Nekron is the dark.That is why he is destroy the universe. He wants to leave it lifeless as it was before "god" said, "let there be light."

The nature of the prison Nekron was in will be explained. We don't know how they did it, or why. How do we know they didn't use the white light, or something like that? How do you know Spectre didn't come? His history is being rewritten by Johns.

Prep-Man
LOl. No he isn't since the Guardians contained. Unless you actually think the Guardians can contain the Presence.

Black Lantern's aren't as unbeatable as everyone is claim. Options include blackholes, core of a planet or sun, and BFR to another dimension. Galactus would just teleport them with a thought into the Crunch were they all die. He moved Rom's galaxy across the universe with a thought.

That was oldschool Nekron. Johns has upgraded him so it seems. We'll know more about hiim later.

galactusischere
@xJLx.. so not powerwise? then why is that even being brought up here?

Prep-Man
^ so not powerwise? then why is that even being brought up here?

We don't know yet. Have patience.

xJLxKing
@xJLx.. so not powerwise? then why is that even being brought up here?
Well, the reason I said power wise is because we haven't seen much power. Besides his ability to reanimate dead, we don't know much. He apparently can't be killed by anything including the white light as the Dead man and Phantom Stranger found out. He also has the ability to make the ones who were dead and reborn, dead again. This means, if anyone including Thanos..etc were onces dead, they become black lanterns. That alone makes him powerful. With a little PIS, and CIS he has the entire universe on his knees and he hasn't done much more then say a couple of words.

galactusischere
Well, the reason I said power wise is because we haven't seen much power. Besides his ability to reanimate dead, we don't know much. He apparently can't be killed by anything including the white light as the Dead man and Phantom Stranger found out. He also has the ability to make the ones who were dead and reborn, dead again. This means, if anyone including Thanos..etc were onces dead, they become black lanterns. That alone makes him powerful. With a little PIS, and CIS he has the entire universe on his knees and he hasn't done much more then say a couple of words.

I see thumb up

Prep-Man

Did Phantom Stranger do anything?

Plus, it seems Nekron is way above Spectre and we all know how powerful he can GET.

WhiteWitchKing
Actually, he just might be opposite of God. He doesn't have to be as strong as God to be his opposite. By definition, he is the opposite. He is the first ruler of the universe. He was there before "the presence/supreme being" gave life to the universe. By his definition life as well as the Supreme Being invaded his existence. Nekron is the dark.That is why he is destroy the universe. He wants to leave it lifeless as it was before "god" said, "let there be light."

The nature of the prison Nekron was in will be explained. We don't know how they did it, or why. How do we know they didn't use the white light, or something like that? How do you know Spectre didn't come? His history is being rewritten by Johns.

Yes he does. You're trying to claim that he's greater than Mistress Death because he's God's opposite, implying that he's God's equal. He was beaten by the Guardains and he ain't God so I don't see how you could say he's more powerful than Death itself.

That was oldschool Nekron. Johns has upgraded him so it seems. We'll know more about hiim later.

New Nekron was imprisoned by the Guardians; you do see the chains around his neck right? He ain't as powerful as the Presence which you guys are trying to pass it off as.

Prep-Man
HOW was he imprisoned by the Guardians, because even OLD school Nekron defeated the Guardians, Pre-crisis and even scared the crap out them.

Was this ever explained? And also, New Nekron has feats that put him above old Nekron. I'm just explaining what Geoff Johns has said in an interview.

Wait for issue 7 and 8, he even stated that both Black Hand and Nekron will have some major scenes.

Prep-Man
And if it's so easy imprisoning Nekron, why don't the Guardians simply do it again? I don't think it's as easy as it seems.

vansonbee

Plus, it seems Nekron is way above Spectre and we all know how powerful he can GET. Bold statement, but GOD doesn't give a care for Spectre currently...

wut? stick out tongue Basically Spectre isn't a good comparison on rector scale.

Prep-Man
Yeah, Spectre is Gods red headed step child.

the ninjak
Mistress Death would'nt allow Necron to take souls especially on account that she and Thanos hook up in Annhiliation. Especially once the Celestrials and the Elder Gods get involved. Necrons forces would look like a cancer they would have to cut off. Didnt Galactis just blast heaps of the wave?

Prep-Man
Celestials and Elder Gods are in this now? Doesn't matter, Nekron could probably one-shot them. But let's wait and see on how powerful he truly is.

xJLxKing

Plus, it seems Nekron is way above Spectre and we all know how powerful he can GET.
Nekron's power allows him to controls Spectre, but who knows what happens if the Presence steps in.

The Phantom Stranger knew the secret from the beginnings. However, his position in the universe doesn't allow him to intervene directly, just guide somebody. In this case, he had to guide dead man to find the secret to help Hal

Listen, I am not trying to claim that he is god equal in power, just the opposite. You don't have to be equal in power to represent the opposite side of the coin. Not to me anyways. PLEASE post the scans of the guardians beating him and their methods, I'd love to see it.

Try to understand the story, if not the story, read the interview.

galactusischere
Celestials and Elder Gods are in this now? Doesn't matter, Nekron could probably one-shot them. But let's wait and see on how powerful he truly is.

How is Nekron going to one-shot celestials? Even Thanos with IG couldn't

xJLxKing
Maybe because Thanos is not as all power as you claim him too be stick out tongue

Seriously though, Spectre will solve it. If not, a Black Ring might do it laughing out loud

the ninjak

Of course... The Annhiliation waves were forces of nature, Gods had no right to get involved unless immediately threatened. Secret invasion on the other hand, Earth Gods fought for their lives.

But this a threat to everyone including all Marvel Universe Gods!
Lucifer Eternity Dormammu ect

Bouboumaster
"Herald... My Rage!"

Pow. No more Black Lantern.

Prep-Man
Of course... The Annhiliation waves were forces of nature, Gods had no right to get involved unless immediately threatened. Secret invasion on the other hand, Earth Gods fought for their lives.

But this a threat to everyone including all Marvel Universe Gods!
Lucifer Eternity Dormammu ect

Celestials were in AW?

Desaad
PLEASE post the scans of the guardians beating him and their methods, I'd love to see it.

No such scans exist.

In Nekron's original showing, he WAS a manifestation/representation of Death, just as Mistress Death is in Marvel, or Death of the Endless is (I'll get back to that). In the original arc, the death of a Guardian lead to small portal opening between the physical universe and Nekron's realm of death. Nekron decided he wanted to go through that portal, to explore a new, living realm. Problem 1 - to do that, he needed to kill more Guardians. The inherent contradiction of an immortal dying was the only way for the portal to open further. Problem 2 - As the portal opened and Nekron came closer and closer to stepping into the physical universe, the universe was being destroyed. It was re-compressing down to the primal atom from which it had burst forth during the big bang. Had he fully manifested in the physical universe, the universe would have been no more.

Basically, he empowers Krona (the rogue Oan, not Guardian..the difference is important when talking about power level) with insane levels of power (he's killing Guardians left and right) and with an army of demons to do his work for him.

Eventually the GL Corps confronts them, goes to the portal, Hal Jordan dives into the realm of death and inspires all the dead GL's from the past in Nekron's realm to rise up and rebel. The rebellion surprises and weakens Nekron -- who Jordan says can never be truly defeated -- and allows the Guardians to gang up and defeat Krona, then close up the portal.

And that is how that gets solved. Later he tends to get watered down, but the excuse that he's never 'fully manifested' can be used. And then now we see that Geoff Johns is retconning his origin a bit.

Previous to the retcon, a Captain Atom issue clarified that the Black Racer, Endless's Death and Nekron each represent one facet of death (BR represents death as an inevitability, Gaiman's Death is death as a release/compassion, Nekron is death as the eternal enemy of mankind). This, reportedly, greatly upset Gaiman who had always conceived his death to encompass ALL facets, aspects and implicit qualities of death. As such, it has never been mentioned again, to my knowledge.

Desaad
Mistress Death would'nt allow Necron to take souls especially on account that she and Thanos hook up in Annhiliation. Especially once the Celestrials and the Elder Gods get involved. Necrons forces would look like a cancer they would have to cut off. Didnt Galactis just blast heaps of the wave?

Nekron doesnt take the souls. He just takes control of the bodies.

the ninjak
Celestials were in AW?

No as I said, Gods didnt interfere with the AWs because its the natural flow of life. In Secret invasion Earth Gods had to fight for there lives.
But if Necron arrived to destroy everything! Yeah then they would get involved.

Prep-Man
Thanks for the info, Desaad. Fully manifested Nekron should crush AW on his own.

Desaad

New Nekron was imprisoned by the Guardians; you do see the chains around his neck right? He ain't as powerful as the Presence which you guys are trying to pass it off as.

I think the chains are supposed to be the work of the Presence/Original Light.

Desaad
No as I said, Gods didnt interfere with the AWs because its the natural flow of life. In Secret invasion Earth Gods had to fight for there lives.
But if Necron arrived to destroy everything! Yeah then they would get involved.

True enough, but the original thread isn't "Black Lantersn invade the MU"...it's just "every character in Annihilation" vs 'every character in Blackest Night'

WhiteWitchKing
HOW was he imprisoned by the Guardians, because even OLD school Nekron defeated the Guardians, Pre-crisis and even scared the crap out them.

Old school or new school, Nekron isn't the Presence. When has the GEB, the Presence, or TOAA been beaten by anybody like Nekron has been?

I am as well. He says Nekron is the opposite of God but was chained by the Guardians. Nekron was chained by the Guardians. When as any truly supreme being of either companies been chained?

His feat so far has been imprisoning a dying SC Anti-Monitor and beating a bunch of skyfather level characters. That doesn't put him above Mistress Death.

Yes, we will see.

Prep-Man
He also killed a bunch of Guardians and is a representation of Death, like Desaad is saying.

Bouboumaster
What if Death don't allow her partners to die? wink

Prep-Man
Nekron could do the same. If we're using fully powered Nekron.

Desaad
To be clear, HE didn't kill the Guardians. A being empowered with a small bit of his own power did. His Silver Surfer, so to speak. Krona at those levels also took a blast composed of the energy from 1/3rd of the entire GL Corps and didn't even fall down. He was a beeaasstt. (previous to this Krona was disembodied and had no power of his own, only capable of taking control of bodies).

And again, I don't know where this idea came from that the Guardians imprisoned Nekron came from. It could get revealed later on, but the obvious implication from the original stories (where he had the shackles around only his wrists, I believe) was that he had been imprisoned by the Presence/God/Whatever.

JakeTheBank
Essentially, this is the Annihilation Wave vs. DC Earth, the entire emotional electromagnetic spectrum, and lord knows what else.

Prep-Man
So, Guardians imprisoning Nekron is debunked?

the ninjak
Blackest Night FTW due to lack of setting.

Desaad
Essentially, this is the Annihilation Wave vs. DC Earth, the entire emotional electromagnetic spectrum, and lord knows what else.

I had forgotten about Alex Luthor, for instance. With THAT kind of power, you run the risk of having a guy who could just bomb the real world marvel offices and be done with it.

kevdude
Nekron seems to be a the Guardian of Death not Death itself. From his early history he's a extremely powerful demon who controls the realm right before the dead pick where to go, Hell or Heaven. Seems he could have been formed before the physcial world of the universe came to be. How this relates to The Source/God and Darkseid who declares himself as well the dark side of The Source is unknown (for now).

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by kevdude
Nekron seems to be a the Guardian of Death not Death itself. From his early history he's a extremely powerful demon who controls the realm right before the dead pick where to go, Hell or Heaven. Seems he could have been formed before the physcial world of the universe came to be. How this relates to The Source/God and Darkseid who declares himself as well the dark side of The Source is unknown (for now).

In Green Lantern 49, the second story of the book it's explained that Nekron is the Guardian of the Darkness. The universe has always existed whether it was just filled with Darkness or a balance of Light/Life and Darkness.

How this fits into the Presence is hard to explain. But we can always assume that the Presence created the universe so that their was a beginning. It's just that Nekron believed the universe has always been without a beginning. However, Nekron is not God. He's a Guardian of the Darkness that makes up the universe.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
What if Death don't allow her partners to die? wink I want to rule that out as well. She isn't allowed to rez fallen characters either. I need to make it fair for blackest night.

I still don't see anyone powerful enough to take down Galactus, Tenebrous, Aegis, and Mistress death.

Well, the reason I said power wise is because we haven't seen much power. Besides his ability to reanimate dead, we don't know much. He apparently can't be killed by anything including the white light as the Dead man and Phantom Stranger found out. He also has the ability to make the ones who were dead and reborn, dead again. This means, if anyone including Thanos..etc were onces dead, they become black lanterns. That alone makes him powerful. With a little PIS, and CIS he has the entire universe on his knees and he hasn't done much more then say a couple of words. No, this only works against dead dc characters. I have already explained unless killed in battle here this isn't a valid topic especially since marvel's death is here on the side of annihilation.

xJLxKing
I want to rule that out as well. She isn't allowed to rez fallen characters either. I need to make it fair for blackest night.

I still don't see anyone powerful enough to take down Galactus, Tenebrous, Aegis, and Mistress death.

No, this only works against dead dc characters. I have already explained unless killed in battle here this isn't a valid topic especially since marvel's death is here on the side of annihilation.
laughing out loud

quanchi112
laughing out loud Who defeats these four heavyweights from blackest night?

Laughing is just trolling.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by kevdude

It looks like the only one powerful enough to defeat him was the Presence. Nekron was a beast most of the time.

Omega Vision
Nekron seems to be retconned into being a GEB type being if we're to believe Johns.

manx422
Who defeats these four heavyweights from blackest night?

Laughing is just trolling. NEKRON evil face

xJLxKing
Nekron was just recently created. He was created when the darknesses needed it's own guardian to fight the light

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>