Governaments claim us behind earthquake

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
a couple of goverments are doing investigation because many believe the US has developed tech that can slightly alter or affect tectonic plates.
they claim that the us was running a series of test which out of effect caused the earth quake.
russia to is also suspected to have the same technology, there are lawsuits being made.

what do you guys think of this?
i mean ive been told we have the tech to affect weather in college because this type of chemical they put in the air that affect patterns and may other things.
its 2010 guys theres so much tech being developed behind doors that we dont know about..

Lord Lucien
Lawsuits? What are they planning on providing as evidence? The Core?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
a couple of goverments are doing investigation because many believe the US has developed tech that can slightly alter or affect tectonic plates.
they claim that the us was running a series of test which out of effect caused the earth quake.
russia to is also suspected to have the same technology, there are lawsuits being made.

i mean ive been told we have the tech to affect weather in college because this type of chemical they put in the air that affect patterns and may other things.
its 2010 guys theres so much tech being developed behind doors that we dont know about..

Link?

Shakyamunison
The government can change weather in collages? eek!

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
The government can change weather in collages? eek!

They certainly tried to control the weather in Vietnam. Didn't work.

Mairuzu
X-Men

WickedDynamite
Conspiracy forum...

inimalist

the claims are untrue

BackFire
Mulder and Scully are on the case.

Symmetric Chaos
It's amazing how brainwashed people are. The US government is evil, fact, they're like a hundred Bond villains tossed together in one place, of course they have an earthquake machine. It would be moronic to think anything else.

One Free Man
Yeah and a rocket to destroy the moon so the resulting meteor shower destroys the vatican. Good thing that failed. God we're evil. And stupid.

I think, next, obama is going to authorize a plan to make a drilling machine that makes the foundation of land weak so that it falls into the ocean, like atlantis, or new orleans!

Then we can go over to africa and kill all the poor starving black children with our machines of doom.

inimalist
Originally posted by One Free Man
Then we can go over to africa and kill all the poor starving black children with our machines of doom.

aids?

Darth Jello
If this were true, people on the coasts of Florida and Texas would be reporting radiation burns right now.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Darth Jello
If this were true, people on the coasts of Florida and Texas would be reporting radiation burns right now.

Obviously it's satellite based.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Obviously it's satellite based.

I thought it was hidden in that secret moon base.

Symmetric Chaos
I thought it was hidden in that secret moon base.

The moon is Earth's largest natural satellite.

Bardock42
Originally posted by BackFire

Do your job and move this to the conspiracy forum, slave!

One Free Man
1. Why would america try to destroy their own moon base?

2. Yes, we invented aids in order to kill all those pesky homosexuals who think they have the right to do whatever the hell they want. Because we are dictators.

Shakyamunison
1. Why would america try to destroy their own moon base?

They opened a portal to another universe and something come through. eek!

Ordo
America would never risk its own moon base. This is ridiculous.

One Free Man
Originally posted by Ordo
America would never risk its own moon base. This is ridiculous. Which begs the question.... why were they nuking the moon? confused

Bardock42
Which begs the question.... why were they nuking the moon? confused Chinese secret moon base?

FistOfThe North

someone's been watching one to many syfi channel original movies.

One Free Man
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
someone's been watching one to many syfi channel original movies. COWBOYS VS GIANT BUGS ftw

Wild Shadow
sigh............ their actually is a weather study station in Alaska isolated completely isolated from ppl........ they have a farm of antennas and solar plate collectors... their purpose is to see if they can alter weather patterns using certain freguency's and whatnot.....

the thing is their has bn more then one scientist that has stated that they can use the frequencies and directed into the ground to create seismic activity...

and a similar technology is used to help locate oil deposits by corporate company...

b4 you guys laugh at some one make sure you know if the tech exist or if it is remotely feasible

erm

One Free Man
1. What would we have against haiti?

2. Why would we chose to use this technology on a populated area before we used it on Bikini Atoll?

3. Substantiate the second stanza of your post.

magicturtle
ok.. my god your all either stupid or its hard to tell your sarcastic, THERE IS NO MOON BASE

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by magicturtle
ok.. my god your all either stupid or its hard to tell your sarcastic, THERE IS NO MOON BASE

eek! Then what did we blow up?

One Free Man
ok.. my god your all either stupid or its hard to tell your sarcastic, THERE IS NO MOON BASE We know that, silly. We disintegrated it with our nuclear explosives.

Ours is on the dark side of the moon. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Wild Shadow

2. Why would we chose to use this technology on a populated area before we used it on Bikini Atoll?

i am not here to defend either side i am more of a smart@$$ so my response would reflect that... also if i were serious it would be nothing more then assumptions that would boarder on the conspiracy thing..

not sure what you want me to substantiate..... confused

HAARP is the name of the program.. their is also old interview footage were 1 or more scientist have argued against the program and have stated concerns about side effects and government funding and possible use as a future weapon...

i personally dont care is it possible? yes... i have no reason to doubt that the program is paid and funded for a specific reason if the US military is paying for it.. i have no reason to suspect the scientist and dismiss their claims, everyone has a right to be concern weather justifiable or not...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi1nLmlicxU&feature=related

Bardock42

That's what they want you to think.

Wild Shadow

i can tell you what i would have against haiti.....

poor third world country a drain of various resources an incompetent government that would be better off if forced to merge with its neighbor...

more likely to become more responsive to outside ideas wink

inimalist
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
i have no reason to doubt that the program is paid and funded for a specific reason if the US military is paying for it..

right

the same way they shelled out money on such revolutionary technologies as psychic spies, the gay bomb, and some nutcase who said he could intercept Al Qaeda plots through Al Jazeera broadcasts

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by inimalist
right

the same way they shelled out money on such revolutionary technologies as psychic spies, the gay bomb, and some nutcase who said he could intercept Al Qaeda plots through Al Jazeera broadcasts

your implying that their is no return value and a waste of government money? confused

Red Nemesis

BURDEN OF PROOF!!!!!

LanceWindu
Hi, I'm Jesse Ventura and welcome to Conspiracy Theory, you won't believe what you don't know!

Sabu935
Well the Government must have Dinosaurs that are extinct to.

I wonder if they have a Tyrannosaurus Rex?

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Sabu935
Well the Government must have Dinosaurs that are extinct to.

I wonder if they have a Tyrannosaurus Rex? its in a government ware house in the middle of the desert

inimalist
your implying that their is no return value and a waste of government money? confused

I'm not sure what the actual use of the isolated Alaska site is, and I am highly skeptical that they are attempting to manipulate tectonic activity, so I can't say that, specifically, it is a waste of money.

However, if they are spending money on weather and climate manipulation they are wasting government money and time, much like they were with psychics, gay bombs, and computer programs that attempt to find Al Qaeda messages in news broadcasts.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
someone's been watching one to many syfi channel original movies. i learned about the weather thing in school the us can affect weather get over it . and 2nd, this came from a presidents of other countrys they are tring to build up a law suit, they have videos of there people conducting test that will be used as evidence

Wild Shadow
who would moderate the court process? as we have already seen the UN although help started by the USA for that specific reason we as a country dont exactly follow what we preach.... we be damn if we allow a UN world court to impose any ruling

Colossus-Big C
I'm not sure what the actual use of the isolated Alaska site is, and I am highly skeptical that they are attempting to manipulate tectonic activity, so I can't say that, specifically, it is a waste of money.

However, if they are spending money on weather and climate manipulation they are wasting government money and time, much like they were with psychics, gay bombs, and computer programs that attempt to find Al Qaeda messages in news broadcasts. actually more than one scientist there claims the base main purpose is to affect climate and tectonic activity.

Colossus-Big C
who would moderate the court process? as we have already seen the UN although help started by the USA for that specific reason we as a country dont exactly follow what we preach.... we be damn if we allow a UN world court to impose any ruling this is true.

inimalist
actually more than one scientist there claims the base main purpose is to affect climate and tectonic activity.

link?

also, see: gay bomb, psychic spies, Al Jazeera broadcasts containing Al Qaeda plans (hint: The American army wastes billions of dollars on items that there is no reason to believe could work in the first place)

Colossus-Big C
nvermind

jaden101
WTF? i learned about the weather thing in school the us can affect weather get over it . and 2nd, this came from a presidents of other countrys they are tring to build up a law suit, they have videos of there people conducting test that will be used as evidence
The weather gets manipulated daily across the world.

It's how they clear fog from airport.

Silver Iodide.

They used it prior to the China Olympics to clear pollution from the air.

Wild Shadow
the haarp science does work.......... no expression

the only think that Haiti would need to prove is that the US has managed to shrink down the science to a manageable transportable unit.... to a location near haiti rather then the alaska project which has fields of antennas and massive power supply

inimalist
ive found 1 video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p69yRKx9vss

this guy is explaining the tech our military has or is funding that can tamper with tectonic plates

LOL

Hugo Chavez?

Colossus-Big C
link?

also, see: gay bomb, psychic spies, Al Jazeera broadcasts containing Al Qaeda plans (hint: The American army wastes billions of dollars on items that there is no reason to believe could work in the first place) your right they may not work. but whats the possbility that something eventually works? know that some of those things were being done years ago, we are smarter and have far more tech now scientist have better understandings of things.
the claim the US accidentaly caused the earth quake during research and testing.

inimalist
the haarp science does work.......... no expression

link to something academic that talks about the American military's ability to create earthquakes?

Colossus-Big C
LOL

Hugo Chavez? only video yet to be deleted.....

inimalist
only video yet to be deleted.....

you know Hugo Chavez said, literally, that President Bush smelled like brimstone and was the spawn of Satan?

also he is a lying manipulative tyrant?

Wild Shadow
ive found 1 video

this guy is explaining the tech our military has or is funding that can tamper with tectonic plates [/QUOTE

also i should slap you... how you going to link to a spanish interview....... i think it be better if you allowed ppl with a little more credibility to try to argue your point of view otherwise your just adding fuel to your own witch burning wink

Colossus-Big C
ive found 1 video

this guy is explaining the tech our military has or is funding that can tamper with tectonic plates yea your in the military you do know things far better than i. cool

Wild Shadow
link to something academic that talks about the American military's ability to create earthquakes?

you realize that Haarp is a government project your not going to find military applicable research papers for your review... what you can find is what they hope they can do later down the road and even scientist who work or worked on the project talking about it and its possible application on news interviews...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dT1UUXNgMA&feature=fvw

inimalist
you realize that Haarp is a government project your not going to find military applicable research papers for your review... what you can find is what they hope they can do later down the road and even scientist who work or worked on the project talking about it and its possible application on news interviews...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dT1UUXNgMA&feature=fvw

le sigh

I'm supposed to trust a youtube video about the NWO and mind control with regard to its knowledge of geology.

Give me a name, not some video I wont watch. I'll look up whoever is saying this and find out if I trust them as academics

Wild Shadow
if you watch the video which was edited from an actual news report and then added to youtube you can hear the names of the scientist and you can research their name at least take the time to review the video before you dismiss its credibility.

inimalist
at least take the time to review the video before you dismiss its credibility.

ok

inimalist presents: inimalist's review of some youtube video

00:36 - already numerous claims, some outright lies, all based on ambigious statements, no citations

01:54 - conspiritorial claims about Tesla that have never been verified, going so far as to claim he invented free energy, which he didn't

02:25 - claim Tesla's work was used to design HAARP. No reference, in fact, narrator even says "it is believed", indicating there is no hard evidence

4:10 - "possible applications of the patents include... and weather manipulation" What patents? we are supposed to assume Tesla's, but we are not told. this is a typical device of documentary editing. Note, the physcist is only talking about the potential applications of the patents, never shown to work, and is not discussing HAARP proper

6:22, ok, I'm done, I gave it enough. I assume the "scientist" you are talking about is Brooks Agnew, who is a 2012 conspiracy theorist and hollow earth believer.

ya, not going to find answers on youtube, no matter how much you want it to be that easy

Wild Shadow
Dr. Bernard Eastlund
rich garcia director of public relations haarp
Dr. Patrick flanagan- electromagnetic
Dr. nick Begich
Dr. beverly Rubiks- talks about unforseen biological effect on life
Dr. joseph kan- advisor to haarp

anyways all these ppl talk about the possible consequences and how the haarp project actually work and how it can be modified for other effects...... both Haarp and outside scientist talk about how haarp actually effects the magneto sphere, ocean and earth....... and how it has bn applied...

Symmetric Chaos

That's probably because she's worried that it might disrupt the energies used by faith healers . . .

inimalist
/facepalm

in the video there are two types of guests, dupes and the "in-crowd". The dupes are people who are representatives of HAARP whose interviews are clearly edited to sound ambigious and often placed after someone in the "in-crowd" makes a scary remark, for ironic effect, making the dupe look foolish. These are likely professional scientists who thought they were talking with serious film makers (people who do these documentaries are notorious for lying and inventing phony production companies to get interviews with scientists), hence the name, "dupe".

For instance:

Bernard Eastlund:

great scientist, I already pointed out how his discussion of patents was deliberatly edited, and it follows the same.

Rich Garcia - talks cordially about what could be included in a tourist brochure of HAARP

The "in-crowd" is made up of a collection of fringe-science whackos who propose pseudoscience that doesn't quite contradict eachother, and thus they ally to fight the tyrrany of empirical evidence. Their interviews are rarely edited, they get to make long, unchallenged comments, and have cool fancy images of things only partially related to what they are saying, though are sensationally scary, help force the message home.

For instance:

Patrick Flanagan - from wiki:

Nick Begich - runs Earthpulse Press, which publishes books about ESP and mind control

Beverly Rubiks
aside from her inane and irrelevant commentary on chaos theory, this link should suffice:

http://www.brainmeeting.com/maxspeakers/reports/speaker57.html

namely, the title of the confrence, "Futurehealth Winter Brain, Optimal Functioning & Positive Psychology and StoryCon Meeting", and her interest in "alternative and complimentary medicines". basically, she is a quack.

what else do you want me to say?

Wild Shadow
That's probably because she's worried that it might disrupt the energies used by faith healers . . .

i think she was referring to radiation if the magneto sphere were to be damaged or altered and the earth were bombarded with various forms of radiation and if altering certain frequency would not only effect radio and military technology but human brain chemistry as well...... cool big grin

inimalist
i think she was referring to radiation if the magneto sphere were to be damaged or altered and the earth were bombarded with various forms of radiation and if altering certain frequency would not only effect radio and military technology but human brain chemistry as well...... cool big grin

a claim that, even if her accredation as a biophyscist were credible, is well outside of her expertise to make

I'm telling you there is no way space radiation could control the human mind

Colossus-Big C
le sigh

I'm supposed to trust a youtube video about the NWO and mind control with regard to its knowledge of geology.

Give me a name, not some video I wont watch. I'll look up whoever is saying this and find out if I trust them as academics many of the people who know this stuff are sworn to secrecy even if they know its true and you asked them they would lie and say theres no such thing. why would they risk other governments finding out?

Symmetric Chaos

Given that the Northern Lights don't erase people's brains I can't say we should be concerned even there were an efficient way to alter the planets magnetosphere for a long time over a large are.

inimalist
many of the people who know this stuff are sworn to secrecy even if they know its true and you asked them they would lie and say theres no such thing. why would they risk other governments finding out?

right, no evidence for something is evidence that it is true!

Symmetric Chaos
many of the people who know this stuff are sworn to secrecy even if they know its true and you asked them they would lie and say theres no such thing. why would they risk other governments finding out?

Ah yes the old "absence of evidence is just as good as evidence" argument. You'll get that PhD yet, my boy.

Colossus-Big C
right, no evidence for something is evidence that it is true! no, theres no evidence to the general public...people of high goverments know these things, hence law suits...

Colossus-Big C
Ah yes the old "absence of evidence is just as good as evidence" argument. You'll get that PhD yet, my boy. i never said there was no evidence i only said they will tell you its not true. goverments of other countries are building up on evidence..... also people in the military know this.

inimalist
no theres no evidence to the general public...people of high goverments know these things, hence law suits...

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

"I can't produce the evidence, but trust me or these totally, TOTALLY, TOTALLY!!!!!! true youtube videos, because they are way more credible than mainstream science"

Wild Shadow
a claim that, even if her accredation as a biophyscist were credible, is well outside of her expertise to make

I'm telling you there is no way space radiation could control the human mind

so your telling me that if you were to stick you head out in space with a helmet that protects you only from the vacuum of space but allowed the radiation to bombard you,.... you dont think it would effect your mind? roll eyes (sarcastic)

also i wasnt stating that radiation and frequency were the same.... just that shooting high density frequency for the sole purpose to alter and change the magneto sphere can and could cause an alteration on the earths magneto sphere causing all kinds of effects including the brain...

have you ever seen high frequency studies on the human brain? ppl go into seizures and collapse its funny as all hell.... and all they had to do is stick them inside a room with a generator stick out tongue

Colossus-Big C
riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

"I can't produce the evidence, but trust me or these totally, TOTALLY, TOTALLY!!!!!! true youtube videos, because they are way more credible than mainstream science" what you tube videos? i seen a show of the governments and scientist in labs explaining the possibility of using tech to tamper with these things. they even demostrated using a computer model. also i was watching this outside our country. MANY scientist have said of this kind of tech is not impossible to even our current time

Ms.Marvel
so your telling me that if you were to stick you head out in space with a helmet that protects you only from the vacuum of space but allowed the radiation to bombard you,.... you dont think it would effect your mind? roll eyes (sarcastic)

also i wasnt stating that radiation and frequency were the same.... just that shooting high density frequency for the sole purpose to alter and change the magneto sphere can and could cause an alteration on the earths magneto sphere causing all kinds of effects including the brain...

have you ever seen high frequency studies on the human brain? ppl go into seizures and collapse its funny as all hell.... and all they had to do is stick them inside a room with a generator stick out tongue

theres a fundamental difference between controlling someones brain/brain patterns and simply frying it no expression

thats like saying that you can control someones heart functions with a gun because if you shoot them there heart will stop.

chomperx9
crybaby im guilty for the earthquake.

Rain Dog
If you take a picture of yourself in a tin foil hate, I'll definitely give your claims the time of day.

I expect the picture within twelve hours.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
theres a fundamental difference between controlling someones brain/brain patterns and simply frying it no expression

thats like saying that you can control someones heart functions with a gun because if you shoot them there heart will stop.

i was just trying to be funny..... embarrasment

and you made me cry when i looked at ur profile sad seriously...

jaden101
Dr. Bernard Eastlund
rich garcia director of public relations haarp
Dr. Patrick flanagan- electromagnetic
Dr. nick Begich
Dr. joseph kan- advisor to haarp

anyways all these ppl talk about the possible consequences and how the haarp project actually work and how it can be modified for other effects...... both Haarp and outside scientist talk about how haarp actually effects the magneto sphere, ocean and earth....... and how it has bn applied...

Nothing in Flanagan's research makes him qualified to talk about HAARP at all....A last chunk of his research is based on quackery in relation to the dreaded (because of media hype) "Antioxidants".

Begich has a medical Doctorate and so has nothing to do with HAARP

Rubik had a decent start and then fell into complete quackery that she calls "frontier science". aka alternative medicine.

botankus
There must have rumors regarding base closings. Thus, the need to justify the budget forced the US to "quake" out the Haitians. Now they can allot thousands of mainland troops and vehicles to the loading and transport of Dasani bottles. Makes perfect sense.

Deano
one word

haarp

research it

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Deano
one word

haarp

research it

We already did, and then soundly destroyed the claims that it could have done this.

Also, haarp isn't actually a word...

Colossus-Big C
so they basicly send incredibly high frequencys down spots in the earths plates that alters/or affects them?

Symmetric Chaos
so they basicly send incredibly high frequencys down spots in the earths plates that alters/or affects them?

That's the claim. But then again I could claim they've discovered a way to turn homosexuality into a food source and are keeping it a secret.

Colossus-Big C
That's the claim. But then again I could claim they've discovered a way to turn homosexuality into a food source and are keeping it a secret. yes but the first claim sounds far more possible.

jaden101
When someone can show me a way of electromagnetically transporting the energy equivalent of 35 Hiroshima bombs across thousands of miles to a specific target through the atmosphere then i'll show you my 15 inch black and orange penis that hangs from my left elbow.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by jaden101
When someone can show me a way of electromagnetically transporting the energy equivalent of 35 Hiroshima bombs across thousands of miles to a specific target through the atmosphere then i'll show you my 15 inch black and orange penis that hangs from my left elbow. i bet this is very possible considering how much scientist understand now....

jaden101
i bet this is very possible considering how much scientist understand now....

I'll bet you it's not. I should know...I AM a scientist.

Shakyamunison
i bet this is very possible considering how much scientist understand now....

Were would they have done it from?

Shakyamunison
I'll bet you it's not. I should know...I AM a scientist.

Beer science does not count. stick out tongue

Wild Shadow
one word

haarp

research it

do you actually believe all the propaganda or is it just ur hobby kinda how some of us read comics? confused

jaden101
Beer science does not count. stick out tongue

Does too.

Shakyamunison
Does too.

Under normal circumstances I would meat this defiance with a beer changeling, but I know I would loose, hands down. laughing out loud

Colossus-Big C
Were would they have done it from? deep underground facility or under the ocean?

jaden101
meat

laughing

Rain Dog
one word

haarp

research it

Hahaha, this fella's still about?

Why haven't you been sectioned yet, mate?

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by BackFire

So is Jesse Ventura wink We're definitely going to find out the truth now.

Deano
do you actually believe all the propaganda or is it just ur hobby kinda how some of us read comics? confused

do YOU actually believe all the propaganda from the newspapers and tv? Or do you pretend to because of fear of ridicule if you believe otherwise

jinXed by JaNx
I want evidence

inimalist
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
I want evidence

the evidence is that there is no evidence, duh

THEY are hiding it from you

Robtard

No shit, friend, no shit. It's scary what the government has in it's arsenal. Google a search for "Project Grundgleboxt", this has the potential to be a world-breaker, government is doing it's best to keep it secret, if the masses knew, there'd be chaos.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Robtard
No shit, friend, no shit. It's scary what the government has in it's arsenal. Google a search for "Project Grundgleboxt", this has the potential to be a world-breaker, government is doing it's best to keep it secret, if the masses knew, there'd be chaos.

Dude, they're forcing Google to censor references to it.

Ms.Marvel
N Google a search for "Project Grundgleboxt", this has the potential to be a world-breaker, government is doing it's best to keep it secret, if the masses knew, there'd be chaos.

like the fool that i am... sad

Robtard
Dude, they're forcing Google to censor references to it.

Not surprised. Keep an eye out now, they've obviously found the reference here and will be monitoring all who know now. I better implement my safety protocols, stat.

Robtard
like the fool that i am... sad

Shit, they got to you too.

Rogue Jedi
Conspiracy forum?

jinXed by JaNx
I'm not sure this belongs in the conspiracy forum. If it's true that other countries are trying to build a case against the United States for starting Earthquakes it's not a conspiracy. I have heard a passing report on the news that Venezuela believes America is behind the Earthquakes.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,583588,00.html

Robtard
LoL, Chavez.

Be funny if Venezuela gets hit next, mind, you, I don't want anyone to die, but it'd be funny.

dadudemon
LoL, Chavez.

Be funny if Venezuela gets hit next, mind, you, I don't want anyone to die, but it'd be funny.

A 6.0 should get his attention but not kill anyone.

overlord
it's true

Wild Shadow
i think any earthquake in venezuela might be suspicious after he called us out..

might not help us in deniability

Robtard
i think any earthquake in venezuela might be suspicious after he called us out..

might not help us in deniability

Or people can apply reason and deduce that the US doesn't really have the Earthquake-O-Matic, as it would require super-massive amounts of energy to power, let alone the technology to create it in the first place.

Edit. Strike out that second part, the US does have the technology, as the 1947 Roswell space-craft has been successfully reverse-engineered.

Ms.Marvel
no one here is qualified to fly that thing though.

jinXed by JaNx
other than, Will Smith of course.

Ms.Marvel
we dont even know if its capable of flying!

jinXed by JaNx
I'm sure, Jeff Goldblum can make it fly.

Robtard
I'm sure, Jeff Goldblum can make it fly.

Goldblum didn't make it fly, he just programmed a super-virus that would not only attack, but disable completely alien technology that was vastly more advanced. Oh, he also did this in a matter of minutes.

I think he was using a Mac though.

inimalist

clearly the aliens were outmatched /spite film

jinXed by JaNx
Goldblum didn't make it fly, he just programmed a super-virus that would not only attack, but disable completely alien technology that was vastly more advanced. Oh, he also did this in a matter of minutes.

Dude...,he's Jeff Goldblum. He can do anything.

Like you said, within minutes he devised a computer virus that was able to disable the alien technology. I don't think he needed to figure out how to make the spaceship work, it came with instructions laughing out loud If he had to though, he could have figured it out.

dadudemon
Well, the premise was Jeff Goldblum's character was literally the only one of the planet to decipher the alien communication based on math. He's supposed to be a super genius and a "one of a kind" human.

If he could slightly figure out the alien code..aka, decrypt/decipher, then from there, it would be as simple as syntax. It actually would only need to be as simple as creating a virus that attacked their systems ability to operate their shields. Jeff's character got decades of information from their scientists, as well. They had figured things out to such a point that they almost completely figured out the controls. Knowing that, it is as simple as designing a virus that takes down the system for the shields.

It's also possible that the system for the shields was very simplistic, making it a much more logical choice for attack.

The aliens obviously had far superior technology...based slightly on organics. However, they may not have anything remotely related to computer viruses in their society. For all we know, it is a completely foreign concept. Since the movie portrayed it as such, we have no choice but to accept that the aliens were not used to the human form of computer viruses.

I remember Siskel and Ebert criticizing the crap out of ID4 because of the dogfight with Will Smith. They were saying it was illogical or unlikely that an alien species with superior technology, would have a dog fight with our primitive fighter jets. That doesn't bode well with me. The shielding technology on those fighters was intelligent in that, it permitted objects/energies below certain velocities/yields, but blocked anything above certain threshholds. That's fairly advanced AND quick technolgy. It makes sense that an alien force that is accostumed to wiping out the indigenous sapients would use smaller ships that are quick and nimble: it would make it much easier to wipe them out from the air and then clean up with ground units, just like in the film.

Robtard
Na dude, humans had little to no idea how the alien-tech worked, as the space-fighter didn't activate itself until the mother-ship came close to Earth. Remember when Data's character said something like: "we've been unable to replicate their energy source all these years."

Goldblum making a computer virus that attacked completely foreign and completely advanced technology was retarded, super-genius or no.

dadudemon
Na dude, humans had little to no idea how the alien-tech worked, as the space-fighter didn't activate itself until the mother-ship came close to Earth. Remember when Data's character said something like: "we've been unable to replicate their energy source all these years."

If that were true, then they wouldn't have been able to repair that small fighter craft.

Since they did do it, they literally had a "working knowledge" of the technology.

Goldblum making a computer virus that attacked completely foreign and completely advanced technology was retarded, super-genius or no.

No it wasn't. I already explained why. In fact, more than one person on Earth should have been able to do that. Tons, actually.

If it is data, it can be hacked/understood with time.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by dadudemon

So in ten minutes he learned an a programming language designed by aliens and with no knowledge of how their computers are protected designed a virus that would disrupt systems of an alien spacecraft he knew almost nothing about and uploaded it onto a computer designed by aliens?

That's well beyond supergenius. His brain should have collapsed into a black hole.

Colossus-Big C
Or people can apply reason and deduce that the US doesn't really have the Earthquake-O-Matic, as it would require super-massive amounts of energy to power, let alone the technology to create it in the first place.

Edit. Strike out that second part, the US does have the technology, as the 1947 Roswell space-craft has been successfully reverse-engineered. no. it uses extremely powerful frequences that it sends into the earth and in time it affects the plates. theres really nothing high tech about it

Symmetric Chaos
Ah, yes, is there anything "frequencies" can't do?

Robtard
If that were true, then they wouldn't have been able to repair that small fighter craft.

Since they did do it, they literally had a "working knowledge" of the technology.

No it wasn't. I already explained why. In fact, more than one person on Earth should have been able to do that. Tons, actually.

Na dude, what I said. Data said the ship was inoperable until very recent, as they couldn't replicate the energy source, so any of the computer programs in the ship would have only been available to the human scientist for a very short time.

Being able to solder a motherboard, doesn't mean that person knows how to program or hack the operating system on the computer. Poor comparison.

It's not just "data", it's alien data, for all we know, they don't use Ones and Zeros.

Robtard
no. it uses extremely powerful frequences that it sends into the earth and in time it affects the plates. theres really nothing high tech about it

And a super-massive amount of power would be needed to produce these tectonic plate shifting "frequencies."

jinXed by JaNx
Well, the premise was Jeff Goldblum's character was literally the only one of the planet to decipher the alien communication based on math. He's supposed to be a super genius and a "one of a kind" human.

If he could slightly figure out the alien code..aka, decrypt/decipher, then from there, it would be as simple as syntax. It actually would only need to be as simple as creating a virus that attacked their systems ability to operate their shields. Jeff's character got decades of information from their scientists, as well. They had figured things out to such a point that they almost completely figured out the controls. Knowing that, it is as simple as designing a virus that takes down the system for the shields.

It's also possible that the system for the shields was very simplistic, making it a much more logical choice for attack.

The aliens obviously had far superior technology...based slightly on organics. However, they may not have anything remotely related to computer viruses in their society. For all we know, it is a completely foreign concept. Since the movie portrayed it as such, we have no choice but to accept that the aliens were not used to the human form of computer viruses.

I remember Siskel and Ebert criticizing the crap out of ID4 because of the dogfight with Will Smith. They were saying it was illogical or unlikely that an alien species with superior technology, would have a dog fight with our primitive fighter jets. That doesn't bode well with me. The shielding technology on those fighters was intelligent in that, it permitted objects/energies below certain velocities/yields, but blocked anything above certain threshholds. That's fairly advanced AND quick technolgy. It makes sense that an alien force that is accostumed to wiping out the indigenous sapients would use smaller ships that are quick and nimble: it would make it much easier to wipe them out from the air and then clean up with ground units, just like in the film.

you're awesome, dude. laughing out loud Not only are you willing to feed a joke with an in depth study but you actually go one better and try to defend the ridiculous writing in, ID4.

Personally, i think, Jeff Goldblum could do anything. I think devising a virus that renders alien technology useless is nothing compared to his true potential.

The problem i have with that movie is not that, Jeff Goldblum was the smartest man alive, but rather everyone else in the movie was dumb as dog shit. I would hope that the scientists first priority would be trying to figure out how to disable, block or slow the aliens signals. Apparently, though, the Governments smartest minds were all pre-occupied with trying to figure out how to turn a rogue spaceship on.

The fact that the Aliens needed to engage in a dog fight is definitely stupid. It makes absolutely no sense what so ever. I don't have a problem with this because it's a movie and it served as some memorable action scenes but if you're going to look at it seriously it just makes no sense. The logical thing for the aliens to do would be to simply keep dropping bombs or launching attacks from behind the safety of their impervious mother ships. Had the movie been written by a good writer. The Alien ships wouldn't have been deployed until the Aliens shields were defeated.

As for the Virus thing. That was never to much of a problem for me. It's really not that ridiculous. What was ridiculous is how little time and explanation was spent on that revelation. Even though it seems complete idiotic that such a technological advanced species could be duped by a primitive computer virus it reminded me of, War of the Worlds. Such an intelligent species didn't even bother to check the atmosphere and what kind of bacteria inhabited, Earth. Seriously, though, those aliens didn't have a firewall? laughing out loud

Ms.Marvel
maybe they did have firewalls but their computer systems were weakened by all the internet porn they accidentally downloaded when they tapped into our signals

jinXed by JaNx
maybe they did have firewalls but their computer systems were weakened by all the internet porn they accidentally downloaded when they tapped into our signals

good point laughing ...mmmmm...,alien porn eek!

dadudemon
you're awesome, dude. laughing out loud Not only are you willing to feed a joke with an in depth study but you actually go one better and try to defend the ridiculous writing in, ID4.

lulz

It's called...I support a large portion of users in DC, so I didn't have much to do yesterday. big grin

Personally, i think, Jeff Goldblum could do anything. I think devising a virus that renders alien technology useless is nothing compared to his true potential.

Especially if he was the ONLY one to figure out the "code." You know, something that not even the "smartest" scientists in the world at Area 51 couldn't figure out.

The problem i have with that movie is not that, Jeff Goldblum was the smartest man alive, but rather everyone else in the movie was dumb as dog shit. I would hope that the scientists first priority would be trying to figure out how to disable, block or slow the aliens signals. Apparently, though, the Governments smartest minds were all pre-occupied with trying to figure out how to turn a rogue spaceship on.

It was only the US government trying to figure out the alien technology, and it was for decades that they were trying to do it. And, jamming the alien signals would have been impossible as they took over the entire satellite network and then some. Not such "global" jamming device exists, nor could it exist due to the power requirement and multiple locations.

Their first and only priority whould have been saving as many lives as possible.

The fact that the Aliens needed to engage in a dog fight is definitely stupid. It makes absolutely no sense what so ever. I don't have a problem with this because it's a movie and it served as some memorable action scenes but if you're going to look at it seriously it just makes no sense. The logical thing for the aliens to do would be to simply keep dropping bombs or launching attacks from behind the safety of their impervious mother ships. Had the movie been written by a good writer. The Alien ships wouldn't have been deployed until the Aliens shields were defeated.

Not at all. The "maga" blaster worked in a "blast radius" that was circular. The ships were slow moving, and it took time to charge the blaster. It would be quite difficult to take out highly mobile targets like the fighter jets. If they sent in their ground troops to finish the human genocide, they would have lost many lives to the mobile fighter jets..and other types of mobile war machines. The most effective option/choice would be a mobile fighter that not only flies, but has it's own shielding technology.

Their mobile fighters were piloted by the aliens. Will Smith was one of the very best fighter pilots, so the probability that his character would encounter a fighter and it end up in a dog fight is really high. The fact that Will outsmarted the alien fighter with superior flying skills should not be a suprise due to both pilots being...organic.

One thing I liked and picked up on about the aliens is a difference in the type of technologies we had. The aliens had to use OUR network for that communication. Something tells me the aliens weren't too big into wireless data. Else they pilot their own ships and fighters? big grin

They focused on high defenses, but dumb offensive weapons (meaning, no smart guided stuff, it was straight line for their "green sh*t."

As for the Virus thing. That was never to much of a problem for me. It's really not that ridiculous. What was ridiculous is how little time and explanation was spent on that revelation. Even though it seems complete idiotic that such a technological advanced species could be duped by a primitive computer virus it reminded me of, War of the Worlds. Such an intelligent species didn't even bother to check the atmosphere and what kind of bacteria inhabited, Earth. Seriously, though, those aliens didn't have a firewall? laughing out loud

Exactly. It would be foolish to think that an alien sapients would have the same exact concepts of computing as we do. Their species obviously works much more closely together than ours does. They were highly coordinated and never once did we see disodence from their groups, but we see quite a bit from the humans. If you have such a "hive mind" species, something like "hacking" or even stealing may seem completely foreign.

What I see in the film is a very intelligent depiction of what an invading alien species would be like. The first time I watched the film, I saw many things that I had read or heard about the potential sociology and technololgy from an alien species.

An advanved alien species would not necessarily be benevolent and loving to others, but they may be very "cooperative" with each other. Their technologies would not develop in the same paths as ours so we would see things like, highly advanced biology-related technology, but little robotics, or highly advanced offensive weapons, but very little communication technology...bla bla bla.

This is why I liked the depiction of the aliens in ID4. They obviously perpared, biologically, and they had "biologically" developed technology. But their weapons weren't very smart, their communications were not as developed as ours were, and they had little to no defense against a system specific virus/worm.

Bardock42

This is true if you apply the specific movie logic. It did happen, so it could happen, so those are the reasons. The idea itself is still rather insane.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Bardock42
This is true if you apply the specific movie logic. It did happen, so it could happen, so those are the reasons. The idea itself is still rather insane.

Of all the things in my post, that's the only thing you got out of it.

And, yes, that's exactly correct. It's their fictional universe, their fictional alien species: a one-of-a-kind computer genius was able to use decdades of research to devise a virus that took down only 1 system out of hundreds to thousands of systems from that alien species.

Definitely faulty logic. Wait, it's not. It's fiction, and that's what happened in that fictional universe.

Reality: it's far more likely that dozens, hundreds, maybe thousands of people would have figured out that same thing as Goldblum's character.

Robtard

Reality: it's far more likely that dozens, hundreds, maybe thousands of people would have figured out that same thing as Goldblum's character.

Reality: If a species that advanced attacked, the humans would have lost.

dadudemon
Reality: If a species that advanced attacked, the humans would have lost.

Reality: the aliens would have been taken down sooner by various hackers that figured out how they are communicating, wirelessly, with the entire satellite system. The Aliens' technology would have fallen much faster as they obviously didn't understand the concept of malicious code.

Obviously, you didn't read my wall posts.

Robtard
Reality: the aliens would have been taken down sooner by various hackers that figured out how they are communicating, wirelessly, with the entire satellite system. The Aliens' technology would have fallen much faster as they obviously didn't understand the concept of malicious code.

Obviously, you didn't read my wall posts.

Obviously, you didn't follow the movie.

-Goldblum couldn't email his super-virus to the mother-ship, he needed the space-fighter to deliver. So hackers couldn't have done it.

-The humans didn't have "decades of research" on the aliens computer systems, as the ship only activated itself 2 days prior.

Come on dude, you're being dense, creating a computer virus in a matter of hours is hard enough, creating one based on a technology/operating system that is alien, I mean completely alien, is impossible.

ArtificialGlory
If I recall the movie correctly, the whole plan was a massive longshot. And in movies, longshots tend to work, especially towards the end.

inimalist
I think what is most absurd is that a technologically superior race with technologies that are the exact analog of human computers don't have a simple anti-virus program or any other simple defenses against what would be archaic electronic warfare.

It'd be like if we built tanks that weren't impervious to spears.

EDIT: also, the dog fighting was retarded. Any species with the technology for interstellar travel would be able to render all electronics (therefore military planes) inoperable. WE have this technology, or things very close to it.

Ms.Marvel
maybe we're just smarter than they are big grin

though TBH i dont know how you can make that assumption... i mean if you look at the aliens entire attack strategy throughout the movie they suck. using beams that can destroy a few miles with every blast seems woefully inefficient in eradicating an entire species, having super suits that are susceptible to bullets, etc.

just because they achieved interstellar travel doesnt mean that theyre mentally superior in every way imaginable... it seems to me that they suck at military tactics in general.

which makes sense. everyone knows nerds cant fight. big grin they build the weapons they dont use them.

dadudemon
Obviously, you didn't follow the movie.

-Goldblum couldn't email his super-virus to the mother-ship, he needed the space-fighter to deliver. So hackers couldn't have done it.

Correct, because he need a physical connection in order to upload it because, get this, the aliens had little to no wireless technology. And, yes, you really didn't read my wall text posts because you would have known I made that point already.

-The humans didn't have "decades of research" on the aliens computer systems, as the ship only activated itself 2 days prior.

Incorrect, they had been studying the aliens for decades. Brent Spiner's character mentioned the space-ship coming alive, recently, but they had literally been studying the aliens for decades, since the crash. They knew about their technology, so well, that they even successfully repaired the ship into working condition. AKA, working knowledge. You'd have known that had your read my post.

Come on dude, you're being dense, creating a computer virus in a matter of hours is hard enough, creating one based on a technology/operating system that is alien, I mean completely alien, is impossible.

Not impossible if you have several items:

A working knowledge of how the hardware communicates, which they had.

A data system that has no concept/thought of what a virus is.

The worlds most intelligent hacker/computer programmer.

Don't be dense. Just because you don't understand how these things work, doesn't mean it couldn't happen.

This is fiction.

dadudemon
I think what is most absurd is that a technologically superior race with technologies that are the exact analog of human computers don't have a simple anti-virus program or any other simple defenses against what would be archaic electronic warfare.

It'd be like if we built tanks that weren't impervious to spears.

EDIT: also, the dog fighting was retarded. Any species with the technology for interstellar travel would be able to render all electronics (therefore military planes) inoperable. WE have this technology, or things very close to it.

Logic circuits, math, and data passing with hardware will be have near universal similarities. Working Boolean algebra is hardly a "recent human invention" if you know what I mean.

Reverse engineering logic circuits would take quite some time, but it's not impossible. In the cyber security world, we call these NP-Complete and NP-Hard problems.

Most likely, it would be an NP-Hard problem, intially, but due to the requirement of some sort of boolean circuitry, we would eventually surmise information enough to turn subsequent reverse engineering into NP-Complete problems. Then, we would arrive at the ability to restore/repair the technology (the point it was in the movie), and finally, fully replicate the technology (a point they had not yet reached in the film.)

Robtard

Don't be dense. Just because you don't understand how these things work, doesn't mean it couldn't happen.

This is fiction.

Hahaaha, that was funny, coming from the guy defending a movie Swiss-cheesed with plotholes and nonsense. Let me guess, you'll defend Will Smith KO'ing an alien through his bio-suit?

Exactly, this is why things worked in the movie the way they did, realistically, humans would have lost.

Ms.Marvel
dont diss will smith betch.

he can knock anyone out with one punch

even cable.

dadudemon
Hahaaha, that was funny, coming from the guy defending a movie Swiss-cheesed with plotholes and nonsense. Let me guess, you'll defend Will Smith KO'ing an alien through his bio-suit?

Exactly, this is why things worked in the movie the way they did, realistically, humans would have lost.

Haha, that was great. Coming from the guy that makes points that were already addressed and countered. Lemme guess, you think a rigid bio-suite completely absorbed all kinetic energy from the alien's precious brain when Will Smith punched him?

Exactly, this is why worked in the movie they way the did, and, realistically, you're failing at playing devil's advocate.

inimalist
Logic circuits, math, and data passing with hardware will be have near universal similarities. Working Boolean algebra is hardly a "recent human invention" if you know what I mean.

Reverse engineering logic circuits would take quite some time, but it's not impossible. In the cyber security world, we call these NP-Complete and NP-Hard problems.

Most likely, it would be an NP-Hard problem, intially, but due to the requirement of some sort of boolean circuitry, we would eventually surmise information enough to turn subsequent reverse engineering into NP-Complete problems. Then, we would arrive at the ability to restore/repair the technology (the point it was in the movie), and finally, fully replicate the technology (a point they had not yet reached in the film.)

so it is your argument that all spoecies in the universe will invent compatible hardware when I had to return a BRAND NEW printer because it wasn't windows 7 compatible?

really?

Robtard
Haha, that was great. Coming from the guy that makes points that were already addressed and countered. Lemme guess, you think a rigid bio-suite completely absorbed all kinetic energy from the alien's precious brain when Will Smith punched him?

Exactly, this is why worked in the movie they way the did, and, realistically, you're failing at playing devil's advocate.

No, you've yet to counter a point I've made. I would think when building a protective bio-suit, that protects the wearer from say a crash-landing, it would be resistant to at least one punch. Call me crazy and illogical.

Then why defend it outside the realm of fiction as you are?

Umm, you're the only one defending the validity of this movie in terms of the real-world, so you'd be the Devil's Advocate, son.

Ms.Marvel
maybe microsoft and apple are the exceptions to the rule?

dadudemon

Missed this the first time around...even though I quoted it.

That's not true or untrue. You've incorrectly assumed that another species, that developed on another planet, would even have the concept of an EMP as a weapon.

Their technology would develop in different ways than ours. Many factors contribute to how and what technologies develop...and at what rates.

Here are a few things:

1. The planet's available resources.

2. The sapients' ability to obtain those resources.

3. The sociology of that species: a very social but un-aggressive species would develop technologies much faster than an aggressive, unsocial one.

4. The current "relations" of the species: if they are constantly warring, technological development could go either way: too much warring and technology would be hard to develop; limited warring, and the "factions" that developed their technologies the most effectively, would win out.

5. Even the brain chemistry would play a role. It's possible or even highly likely that humans just have an affinity for math; something that may not be present/abundant in another species.

Then there is the simple fact that species may simply develop difference technologies sooner than others. For all we know, there's another species out there, with very similar anthropology and intelligence, that developed quantum computing before electronic computing.

One thing we can never do: assume that the other species does and should have similar technological developments as we do.

The film in question presented that to be the case: the aliens obviously had a clean, destructive, super weapon. But, it is not "smart" meaning it's a "point and aim" weapon. That species also appears to have integrated technology better into their "biology" with their, "bio-mechanical suits." It would seem the "writers" captured the reality that our technologies wouldn't exactly be the same. They would be superior in some ways, and we would be superior in others, even if they were far more advanced, on the whole.

inimalist
the problem is, their technology is basically an advanced version of our own.

Basically, for your compatability argument to be true, they would have a similar enough technology to understand at least the basics of disabling it. If they had such different technology that the concept of EMP or similar devices (as EMP isn't the only way to disable electronics) there is no way a laptop computer would be able to interface with it.

dadudemon
No, you've yet to counter a point I've made.

I've countered all of them. Some of the counters occured before even made those points.

You've yet to successfully counter anything I've made, though.

I would think when building a protective bio-suit, that protects the wearer from say a crash-landing, it would be resistant to at least one punch. Call me crazy and illogical.

The alien had a "nice and soft" glided crash landing.

And, your point is very close to being a strawman. You need to account for where that kinetic energy goes when Will smith hits him. Get this: sometimes, amatueur boxers get knocked out, even with head-gear.

Also, the aliens appear to be smaller and more regile: hence the bio-mechancial suits.

Not crazy, yes, illogical: else we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Then why defend it outside the realm of fiction as you are?

'Cause it so happens that some of the criticisms people have for it are based on reality, ignorant, and/or illogical. Also, it passes the time on a slow afternoon.

Umm, you're the only one defending the validity of this movie in terms of the real-world, so you'd be the Devil's Advocate, son.

Not from my perspective, dad. Also, you don't know what "playing devil's advocate" means because you're a stupid-head. PWNED!

Robtard
I've countered all of them. Some of the counters occured before even made those points.

You've yet to successfully counter anything I've made, though.

And, your point is very close to being a strawman. You need to account for where that kinetic energy goes when Will smith hits him. Get this: sometimes, amatueur boxers get knocked out, even with head-gear.

Also, the aliens appear to be smaller and more regile: hence the bio-mechancial suits.

Not crazy, yes, illogical: else we wouldn't be having this conversation.

'Cause it so happens that some of the criticisms people have for it are based on reality, ignorant, and/or illogical. Also, it passes the time on a slow afternoon.

Not from my perspective, dad. Also, you don't know what "playing devil's advocate" means because you're a stupid-head. PWNED!

No dude, you've YET to counter that the humans only had access (if any) to the alien systems and programs of the ship for a maximum of two days. As Data clearly said, the ship only became operable when the mother-ship came close to Earth. This being one of many points.

Head-gear isn't a large Bio-suit. You've brought up a great point though, the aliens did seem rather frail, probably why they wore the suits, ergo, the suits would be made to protect them, yes, even from a Will Smith-punch. Wait, let me guess, the aliens have no concept of a punch?

Most of the criticism is valid, when looking at it from a realistic pov. But in the end, this is a cheesey action flick, shouldn't be taken for more than that.

I accept your concession on the Devil's Advocate issue.

Also, how did we get from Earthquake Conspiracy to debating the nonsense that was ID?

Ms.Marvel

this is the only thing that i dont really agree with... the ship went from going several hundred miles an hour to 0 in about 12 seconds, and in terms of flying there is no such thing as a nice and soft landing when hitting the ground. the amount of force that pulled on the body would have been extraordinary. Data said that theyre not much less fragile then us so realistically it would have been torn to shreds if not for the suit.

so unless the ship had really good airbags, which it might have had stick out tongue will smith > the kinetic energy of going from 100+ MPH to 0 near instantly.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>