Inspiring quotes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xJLxKing
Basically, this topic is to post any inspiring, and intense quotes bad by characters. The quotes that some would say would inspire generations, people, or anyone. There is just one catch. Try not to post a dozen of them

Here is one
Made by Superman
It's not about where you were born. Or what powers you have. Or what you wear on your chest. It's about what you do; It's about action

Badabing
Batman: I'm Batman.

Hulk: Hulk smash.

Warlord
Avengers Assemble!

willRules
From the Ultimate Cap respect thread........

http://img419.imageshack.us/img419/3974/ultimates12p252ug.jpg

willRules
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/37849/838762-2439831057_23a77ebbac_super.jpg

Apologies if the text is too small. It reads:

Danger Room Robot: You're a brilliant scientist Dr McCoy, you must know you can't win this.

Beast: You've got your scenarios running, I'm sure. Very complex. Mine's simple.

I'm a Cat. You're a Bird.

And the day I can't outhink a computer..........I may as well give up.

xJLxKing
This is one of my favorite quotes (at one point)
Darkseid: Super or otherwise, you are merely a man... and I am a GOD!

Then there is the other one
Darkseid: I hope you appreciate, Kal-El, that everything that happens from this point is on your hand. The skies will rain fire, the oceans will boil, the streets will run red with the blood of billions. Only then, after your last pitiful hope is extinguished, will I end your life. Let's go.

AlmightyKfish
One quote I really like was as Kal-El and Kal-L fighting, and Kal-L is talking about how his Earth was perfect. Kal-El replies-

'If you're from this Earth, it can't be perfect. Because a perfect Earth doesn't need a Superman.'

xJLxKing
Yeah, I remember that. I was like OWNED surprise

H. S. 6
My favorite Captain America quote, from Civil War:

Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world - "No, you move."

willRules
It's weird because I associate Bendis as writer renowned for his dialogue. Lots of talking in a Bendis comic.

Whereas a writer like Mark Millar, more known for his action packed balls to the wall cinematic style of writing. Yet for me, more often than not, Millar has some really memorable quotes or one liners.

One that made me both laugh and jump was Ultimates 2 #9. Just as Black Widow is revealed to Stark, mid sex, as the traitor on the team, she kills Jarvis as he enters the room, bringing in Stark's food. Tony has ordered an Ostrich egg and Jarvis' final words are....

"I'm afraid I couldn't find any Ostrich eggs, Sir but I did manage to find a quail's egg and a rather good magnifying glass."

JakeTheBank
One of my favorite exchanges of dialog is in Green Lantern: Rebirth.

Batman is basically talking all this negative BS about Hal, claiming that Hal never should have been trusted, that he was trying to corrupt the Spectre to his own ends, etc. John Stewart steps up, and fed up with the Batgod, says this memorable speech:

"No. I'm tired of this. I'm tired of the disrespect Batman slings Hal's way. You always had a thing against him, haven't you? And I finally see why. Hal is the one person in this world that didn't buy what you're selling. Hal was the man without fear. And what is "The Batman" when you're not afraid of him? Just a man."

Owned.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
One of my favorite exchanges of dialog is in Green Lantern: Rebirth.

Batman is basically talking all this negative BS about Hal, claiming that Hal never should have been trusted, that he was trying to corrupt the Spectre to his own ends, etc. John Stewart steps up, and fed up with the Batgod, says this memorable speech:

"No. I'm tired of this. I'm tired of the disrespect Batman slings Hal's way. You always had a thing against him, haven't you? And I finally see why. Hal is the one person in this world that didn't buy what you're selling. Hal was the man without fear. And what is "The Batman" when you're not afraid of him? Just a man."

Owned. clapping

Endless Mike
John Constantine has some great ones but I can't recall them off the top of my head

Entity
"And all the whores and politicians will look up and cry, 'save us!.' And I'll whisper....No." - Rorschach

"I want you to remember, Clark... in all the years to come... in all your most private moments... I want you to remember the one man who beat you... I want you to remember my hand at your throat..." - Batman

"Die! Die! Why won't you die?... Why won't you die? " - Creedy
"Because beneath this mask there is more than flesh and blood. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof." - V

And the greatest comic line of all time!

"With great power comes great responsibility." - Uncle Ben

Juntai
Originally posted by Entity

And the greatest comic line of all time!

"With great power comes great responsibility." - Uncle Ben Originally Uncle Ben didn't say it. It was the narrator. Wasn't until like the 80s or 90s I think when they started doing flashbacks and making Ben say it.

http://www.newsfromme.com/images3/greatpower.jpg

Deadline
Originally posted by H. S. 6
My favorite Captain America quote, from Civil War:

Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world - "No, you move."

Closing. The threads done.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.