Bub and Bob met Mario in a bar

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cub
They mistook him for a monster and battle raged. Luckily they had just come back from a mission with all their powerups still active. Mario about to leave the bar to save Zelda was wearing his Tanooki suit when he was forced to defend himself from these monsters.

How did it go?

XanatosForever
Wow, old school for the win. I like you. smile

Getting serious for a minute, though, I say Mario wins, though it is fun to picture him bubbled up. laughing

Cub
If you want difficulty, you need to look back and not ahead big grin

There are two of them and they both wear shoes and they have eaten all their candy. I am sure the battle is not so easily given to Mario. He is not that much faster.

XanatosForever
I'll admit I'm probably just going off of biased knowledge at this point. Think you could fill me in on Bub and Bob's abilities beyond the bubble?

Cub
Since they did not carry around any other items than their powerups when they entered the bar, all they have are their powerups. This makes fast bubbles, running shoes, extra many bubbles and should they so wish then they have their fire bubbles from their magic potion.

XanatosForever
Hmm, it's still kind of hard to tell. Did they ever have to deal with particularly durable foes? Y'know, ones that didn't get one shotted by a bubble, because I'm thinking Mario has durability to tank some bubbles as he closes in for a stomp.

Cub
You shot lightning at Grumple Gromit. Bubbles could not not capture him until you hit him often enough with lightning.

XanatosForever
Hrm...the team may be able to eke out a win if they work together flawlessly, but I give a majority to Mario.

Cub
And if they got fire bubbles the whole way? smile

XanatosForever
Actually, I think that still wouldn't help much, and I might have to change my mind entirely about this match-up. Here's why: The Tanooki Suit, like most if not all of Mario's flight based power-ups, has a secondary function, and that is as a deflector. By spinning with the suit on, he can negate projectiles. Using this ability, he could just pop the bubbles before they even reach him.

Cub
What if the bubbles are stronger than his tail?

XanatosForever
Well, now we're entering the realm of speculation, which could devolve a never ending struggle based on what ifs.

How durable are Bub and Bob's bubbles?

Cub
The fire bubbles pass through Bubble Buster. I think he is metal smile He looks metal.

XanatosForever
Can we find a video of it? no expression

Cub
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gggp9JkY1Pk

Bubble Buster is the only enemy for the first couple of levels smile

XanatosForever
Those things seemed really to defeat. I don't think they're fully metal, though. Mechanical, sure, they had the little pin going to show that, but mechanical doesn't always mean metal.

I just think Mario would be more durable than that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.