Invictus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr Parker
Was surprised to seethat no thread has been made of this movie.Finally saw this movie the other night,found it kinda boring.didn't really get exciting till the end.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1057500/

jinXed by JaNx
I felt the same way. The best aspect of the movie for me were the Rugby scenes. I thought they were really exciting. It was a beautiful movie and i was interested in learning about Nelson Mandela but after about the first half hour i began to space out and was rarely pulled back in. I'm not sure exactly why this is. It could be because i never bothered to learn about Nelson Mandela or Africa in general but i think Morgan Freemans performance also distracted me. I really don't think he was a good choice.

Mr Parker
yeah the rugby scenes were the best part for me as well.

Tired-Hiker
Yeah, I used to have invictus, but I took some antibiotics, and what do you know....it's gone.

Hah haha, sorry. Just being gay.

Dreampanther
Watched it today. Sadly, for me Morgan Freeman as Madiba was the best part, and the rugby scenes the worst part. Really thought they could have made more of an effort.

Also seeing Matt Damon as the dwarfed version of Francois Pienaar was kinda surreal.

It ws kinda cool seeing it from the Clint Eastwood perspective, though...

SnakeEyes
Not a huge fan of Clint Eastwood; I think he's a pretty overrated director, but he usually makes decent movies so I'll probably check it out when it hits DVD. Not something I'll rush out and grab though.

Impediment
I have been told by three people that this movie is incredibly boring.

I shan't be seeing this. Not only because of the testimonials I have heard, but this really doesn't look like my kind of movie.

BruceSkywalker
I have yet to see this, but I may on ppv

The Nuul
Originally posted by Impediment

I shan't be seeing this. Not only because of the testimonials I have heard, but this really doesn't look like my kind of movie.

Make it four...Yeah this is very boring

K.Diddy

beer Yep, Same feeling here,Me being Australian I wouldn't know the first thing about Rugby,so I will be sitting out on this one as well

Kovacs86
I liked it. I don't give a shit about rugby and the film wasn't especially subtle or intelligent, but it was quite uplifting and certainly enjoyable. I can't see how anyone could call it boring...

Mr Parker

just when I thought this thread was dead.yeah you wont be missing much of anything missing this one.I was really surprised that I didnt like it cause I love most everything Eastwood has ever directed and I think he has really gotten better over the years as he has gotten older.Like I loved Grand Torino and Changeling.Changeling in fact is listed as one of my favorites of all time.This one though just had hardly anything to it to enjoy though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.