Mimic (exiles) vs Hercules

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Who wins?

khazra
Exiles mimic has a well rounded powerset:
Class 60ish, very fast, good damage potential, great damage soak

BUT..im not sure if he has quite enough to take down herc. Eitherway its a drawn out long fight IMO.

Kris Blaze
This fight will last a while.

Morph will inflict damage fairly slowly on Hercules, but it'll take a while for Herc to take him down. Eventually though I can see Morph.

khazra
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
This fight will last a while.

Morph will inflict damage fairly slowly on Hercules, but it'll take a while for Herc to take him down. Eventually though I can see Morph.
Its mimic, not morph.

-K-M-
Well depends on what power duplication Mimic has? Does he have Colossus's armor? Northstar's speed? Wolverine's healing factor and claws, etc? This all depends on what powers he has.

Q99
Originally posted by -K-M-
Well depends on what power duplication Mimic has? Does he have Colossus's armor? Northstar's speed? Wolverine's healing factor and claws, etc? This all depends on what powers he has.

He always has Colossus's armor and Wolverine's healing factor, as well as Cyclops' optic blasts. He briefly had Angel's wings before trading them for Northstar speed (and as a side-effect, some of Northstar's durability too for when he's less metalled-up). Finally his fifth power was Beast's strength/agility/etc. for most of the time, eventually replaced by Deadpool's regen shortly before his death.

In general it's safe to assume he's Colossus/Wolverine/Cycs/Northstar/Beast, since that was easily his most common set that he had through the majority of the run.

Kris Blaze
Hurr durr me, it's Mimic and not Morph.

I can see Mimic taking it.

Badabing
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Hurr durr me, As a mod of the people I will oblige.

dur

-K-M-
Originally posted by Q99
He always has Colossus's armor and Wolverine's healing factor, as well as Cyclops' optic blasts. He briefly had Angel's wings before trading them for Northstar speed (and as a side-effect, some of Northstar's durability too for when he's less metalled-up). Finally his fifth power was Beast's strength/agility/etc. for most of the time, eventually replaced by Deadpool's regen shortly before his death.

In general it's safe to assume he's Colossus/Wolverine/Cycs/Northstar/Beast, since that was easily his most common set that he had through the majority of the run.

He has copied more then that, he copied Professor X, Jean Grey, Iceman, and numerous others.

Q99
He has copied more then that, he copied Professor X, Jean Grey, Iceman, and numerous others.

EXiles Mimic. He can do five at a time and doesn't like to switch around.

616 Mimic copies people a lot more often, but maybe as a result doesn't have the same skill with said powers.

The Nuul
Originally posted by Badabing
As a mod of the people I will oblige.

dur

Faceplam would be better. facepalm

-K-M-
Originally posted by Q99
EXiles Mimic. He can do five at a time and doesn't like to switch around.

616 Mimic copies people a lot more often, but maybe as a result doesn't have the same skill with said powers.

Im talking about Exiles Mimic.

The Nuul
Doesnt Mimic only copies about half power of the real characters?

KingD19
Yep

carver9
Exiles mimic had Northstar/Cyclops/Colossus/Beast/Wolverine Powers and this is the one that I'm using.

He had these powers mostly, throughout the run and this is the powers that he use to curb stomp namor.

-K-M-
Originally posted by The Nuul
Doesnt Mimic only copies about half power of the real characters?

Yes, and he has shown to go half the speed of light with Northstar's speed so ideally Hercules shouldn't be able to touch him.

Q99
Im talking about Exiles Mimic.

He only did those before the comic started though.

He has two modes of copying, temporary and permanent. Those were all temporary. Since doing temporary also involves giving up a slot and he doesn't know the next time he'll be able to hang around a suitable replacement for an hour (the time needed to make it stick), he generally only does temporary when in trouble once on the team.

Yes, but it's also stacked so it works out pretty well. His durability honestly seems about the same as Colossus's. Colossus's power is 'turn to omnium' after all, and I guess even at half power that's still omnium, just like he still has just as many claws as wolverine, just half the healing factor. So it may be that Colossus's power is a bit of a cheat, but that also might just be due to having half Colossus's + half Northstar's + half Beast's + half Wolverine's toughnesses all together.

He is less strong than Colossus but the claws and such make up for it- he did beat down Namor.

-K-M-
Originally posted by Q99
He only did those before the comic started though.

He has two modes of copying, temporary and permanent. Those were all temporary. Since doing temporary also involves giving up a slot and he doesn't know the next time he'll be able to hang around a suitable replacement for an hour (the time needed to make it stick), he generally only does temporary when in trouble once on the team.

No he did them during as well, as mentioned he had residual Jean Grey telepathy as that's why they couldn't reach Mimic via telepathy when he was in his Colossus form.

I know how his powers work, and those powers were listed as "copies". Hence why I said which powers are we using here as it does matter.

Q99
No he did them during as well, as mentioned he had residual Jean Grey telepathy as that's why they couldn't reach Mimic via telepathy when he was in his Colossus form.

No, his Colossus form had always blocked telepathy (which one of the EXiles commented on at the time), that's just part of the form. That had nothing to do with having Jean Grey telepathy, and Jean Grey's abilities would make him easier to contact anyway. They mentioned her at the time because he was saying his Jean could never read him in that form.

He might have some minor latent residual due to copying them in the past, but without a Cerebro/Cerebra, that's pretty much useless unless someone else makes contact first. He doesn't show having telekinesis or telepathy worth mentioning once during the run.

Those powers only appeared in flashbacks, though. They really are hardly worth mentioning, he doesn't really 'have' them at any point in the run.

Only 7 powers ever get permanent slots that we see.

-K-M-
Originally posted by Q99
No, his Colossus form had always blocked telepathy (which one of the EXiles commented on at the time), that's just part of the form. That had nothing to do with having Jean Grey telepathy, and Jean Grey's abilities would make him easier to contact anyway. They mentioned her at the time because he was saying his Jean could never read him in that form.

He might have some minor latent residual due to copying them in the past, but without a Cerebro/Cerebra, that's pretty much useless unless someone else makes contact first. He doesn't show having telekinesis or telepathy worth mentioning once during the run.

Those powers only appeared in flashbacks, though. They really are hardly worth mentioning, he doesn't really 'have' them at any point in the run.

Only 7 powers ever get permanent slots that we see.

No it was later revealed to be residual of Jean's telepathy they just believed it to be from Colossus form.

They are still part of his powerset

Once again still part of his powerset

That's nice, but he still has showed other abilities. Not sure why your so opposed to clarification to what powerset Mimic has here.

Q99
Ok, so it was due to Jean residuals... they're still mere shadows that he can do practically squat with, that's not really worth mentioning.

-K-M-
Once again still part of his powerset

carver9
No one voted on who'll win this fight.

-K-M-
Mimic ideally.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.