AMAZO against Libra

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

X-43D
Both AMAZO and Libra are power-copiers but who is actually the greatest power copier?

manx422
AMAZO

Galan007
Historically, Libra could only take on half of a character's power. Amazo, on the other hand, doesn't have that limitation.

X-43D
Originally posted by Galan007
Historically, Libra could only take on half of a character's power. Amazo, on the other hand, doesn't have that limitation.

So why was the Spectre helpless against Libra at one point?

Mindset
That didn't have anything to do with him copying powers.

Galan007
Originally posted by X-43D
So why was the Spectre helpless against Libra at one point? Because at the time God had forbade Spectre from judging Libra.

Omega Vision
Because at the time God had forbade Spectre from judging Libra.
Also I believe it was stated somewhere that Libra had been rescued by Desaad and turned into a New God by Darkseid to serve as the avatar of the ALE.

I really hope he returns especially given the fact that even his "killers" recognized that there was no way killing him would be that easy.

Galan007
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Also I believe it was stated somewhere that Libra had been rescued by Desaad and turned into a New God by Darkseid to serve as the avatar of the ALE.

I really hope he returns especially given the fact that even his "killers" recognized that there was no way killing him would be that easy. I'm sure Libra will be back at some point. Quite honestly, I don't think he can be perma-killed.

Omega Vision
I'm sure Libra will be back at some point. Quite honestly, I don't think he can be perma-killed.
As Sivana (or was it Luthor?) said: "That's a "You haven't seen the last of me!" If I ever saw one."

The only question is how he'll be reincorporated. Its like Darkseid, no chance he isn't coming back some day the only question is how they'll explain it after having him completely and utterly erased from existence. Perhaps he's in Limbo right now doing time with Merryman.

Q99
The one thing Libra has going over Amazo is creativity. Amazo's powerful as heck, but not always smart with his abilities. Libra, while less powerful, has the creativity and intelligence to make best use of his powers.

Same reason EXile Mimic beats 616 Mimic. EXile has his powers at half, 616 at full, but EXile's so much smarter I'd give him 9/10 easy.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Q99
The one thing Libra has going over Amazo is creativity. Amazo's powerful as heck, but not always smart with his abilities. Libra, while less powerful, has the creativity and intelligence to make best use of his powers.

Same reason EXile Mimic beats 616 Mimic. EXile has his powers at half, 616 at full, but EXile's so much smarter I'd give him 9/10 easy.
Plus he has half the intelligence of Batman which should make him a hundred times smarter than God by my estimate.

Galan007
As Sivana (or was it Luthor?) said: "That's a "You haven't seen the last of me!" If I ever saw one."

The only question is how he'll be reincorporated. Its like Darkseid, no chance he isn't coming back some day the only question is how they'll explain it after having him completely and utterly erased from existence. Perhaps he's in Limbo right now doing time with Merryman. It's like Highfather has said: "the energy a New God houses cannot be destroyed -- it can only change form" (or somesuch.)

Regardless, I hope they go that route with Darkseid's return, instead of just reintroducing him into continuity without giving any real explanations pertaining to how he returned.

Originally posted by Q99
The one thing Libra has going over Amazo is creativity. Amazo's powerful as heck, but not always smart with his abilities. Libra, while less powerful, has the creativity and intelligence to make best use of his powers. I don't hold Libra's intelligence in such high regard, I'm afraid. I mean, the one time Libra tried to use his powers wisely/to their max, he unwillingly spread his essence throughout the cosmos (an accident it would take him years to recover from.)

Q99

I don't hold Libra's intelligence in such high regard, I'm afraid. I mean, the one time Libra tried to use his powers wisely/to their max, he unwillingly spread his essence throughout the cosmos (an accident it would take him years to recover from.)

True. I just mean, he has more *capacity* to be clever with his powers than Amazo.

Omega Vision
It's like Highfather has said: "the energy a New God houses cannot be destroyed -- it can only change form" (or somesuch.)

Regardless, I hope they go that route with Darkseid's return, instead of just reintroducing him into continuity without giving any real explanations pertaining to how he returned.

I don't hold Libra's intelligence in such high regard, I'm afraid. I mean, the one time Libra tried to use his powers wisely/to their max, he unwillingly spread his essence throughout the cosmos (an accident it would take him years to recover from.)
(1) Either that or wait till the next major crisis to happen so you can reintroduce him without explanation.

(2) If bad judgment was that important in discerning the intelligence of comic book characters then Reed Richards would probably be a border-line retard.

Galan007
(2) If bad judgment was that important in discerning the intelligence of comic book characters then Reed Richards would probably be a border-line retard. That was just one example. Regardless, Libra may have quite a bit of potential, but he has never really impressed me much.

Imo, Amazo's ability to copy the full power of anyone/thing >> Libra's ability to copy half of *insert random variable(s) here* power.

Omega Vision
That was just one example. Regardless, Libra may have quite a bit of potential, but he has never really impressed me much.

Imo, Amazo's ability to copy the full power of anyone/thing >> Libra's ability to copy half of *insert random variable(s) here* power.
Agreed. I wonder what would happen if he used his transmorgifier (sp?) on Amazo.

Galan007
He'd get half of Amazo's power - but Amazo would also be capable of copying both the full power of Libra AND his weaponry. There's really no way Amazo can't win, me thinks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.