Deep Rising versus the Kraken.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
The creature from "Deep Rising":

E0A072D511904EB6&index=23

E0A072D511904EB6&index=21

Versus

The Kraken from Pirates of the Caribbean:

RTVWlMuQeZs&feature=related

Fight takes place in the ocean, durh, pissing contest to see hwo is the biggest, baddest creature of the sea.

Placidity
Deep Rising

Famke was hot in that.

Rogue Jedi
I think Deep Rising has sheer mass as an advantage.

Yeah she was.

Placidity
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
I think Deep Rising has sheer mass as an advantage.

And intelligence? I remember it was smart I think.

Rogue Jedi
It pursued the the people throughout the ship, that's all it showed for intelligence.

chilled monkey

Yeah she was.

I agree. She was awesome in this movie and very beautiful.

It pursued the the people throughout the ship, that's all it showed for intelligence.

I haven't seen this film for a while, but I recall a scene where they discussed the possibility that they were being herded to specific locations or something like that. I remember Joey exclaiming "you're telling me these things can think!"

Rogue Jedi
So it can think, most creatures can.

chilled monkey
So it can think, most creatures can.

Um, you do realise, don't you, that Joey meant 'think' as in figure things out, form plans etc? Not 'think' as in 'has brainwave activity.'

Rogue Jedi
Maybe, but whats it matter? A fight is a fight, its not like the more intelligent combatant wins all the time.

Mindship
I give it to this guy: Harryhausen's 6-arm giant from "It Came From beneath The Sea."

http://www.dreadcentral.com/img/reviews/itcame2b.jpg

http://www.dreadcentral.com/img/reviews/itcame1b.jpg

This thing was absolutely immense (way bigger than Deep Riser). It dwarfed a sub; its tentacles were a few hundred feet long. If it hadn't been repelled with electricity, it would've taken down the Golden Gate Bridge.

Sorry, I know it wasn't a choice, but this immediately came to mind when I saw this thread.

Kazenji
Rogue Jedi failed

Deep Rising clip is'nt showing.

Rogue Jedi
It did at first, I guess youtube disabled it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.