Michael Myers versus Marv

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Rogue Jedi
I couldn't find a thread on this here, but if it has been done, apologies....

Marv from "Sin City" is looking for Goldie's killer, he is combing the streets of Basin City. He runs into Michael Myers (From both "Rob Zombie's Halloween"wink, and thinks Michael is the killer.

Michael is armed with a butcher knife, Marv with a hatchet. Fight is to the death, at night.

Impediment
Marv is faster, smarter, and more experienced than Myers, bar none.

Marv also has more damage soak seeing as how he took a lot of abuse from Kevin, the hookers of Old Town, and even from the electric chair.

Myers is too slow for even a chance against Marv.

Rogue Jedi
Speed? Marv was slow as molasses.

Strength? Michael lifted a car.

Damage soak? Michael was shot 4 times with a .357. Once in the face, right?

Impediment
Marv demonstrated his speed when he fled Goldie's apartment, flew down the steps, through the cruiser's windshield, and then into the water to evade police capture.

He's fast.

Rogue Jedi
Wait, Marv falling through the air is a speed feat?

Impediment
Besides that, Marv evaded the law dogs. I mean, is there any other way to see it?

Myers would just stand there like a monolith.

Rogue Jedi
Dogs as in woof?

Impediment
No, I mean the cops. Law Dogs. Remember from "Tombstone"? Ike called Earp and his boys Law Dogs.

Rogue Jedi
He escaped......in a car.......He didn't like outrun them.

Impediment
Agreed.

Marv ran, though. He moves.

Mike just stands there and acts in order to kill.

In Halloween II, he stood there and let the rednecks beat him down, then he got up, slowly, I might add, and, then, killed them.

I mean, just going by screen feats, Marv would stick & move, with the hatchet you say he has, and carve Mikey up like Turkey Day, IMO.

Rogue Jedi
How many of Michael's victims demanded tha he do more than just stand there and stab away? Zero if I recall correctly.

"I'm Joe Grizzly, *****!!!"....He got violated like a whore on Halloween. Odds are Michael will get ahold of Marv, stab away, away and away, until Marv is no more.

Think about the scene where Marv pwns the group of cops with the hatchet, Michael, he didn;t look any faster than Michael. Speed: Probably even, MAYBE slightly towards Marv.

Also, think about when Marv was shot after killing Rutger Hauer. He was hit by like 5 or 6 9mm bullets, and he was down for the count, ended up in the ER. Michael? He took I think four .357 rounds from the Doc then one to the face from Laurie, and he recovered on his own. Damage soak: Michael.

Michael overturned a car with Laurie inside. Strength: Michael.

Impediment
Marv still wins. 131

Myers has damage soak, I agree, but Marv, crazy as he is, is still cognizant of his surroundings and has combat skill.

marwash22
Michael bench presses small cars and tanks bullets, hangers to the grill and fire. Marv would cut his head off though.

Rogue Jedi
yvPWp2A-lkQ

the ninjak
Zombie's Myers would die.

The real Michael Myers has teleportation ability and would stab Marv from behind.

Rogue Jedi
The latest version of Myers would kill Marv. Quite violently.

Lestov16
As I recall, in Halloween 4, Michael Myers single-handedly killed the entire Haddonfield Police Force. I'd say he takes it quite handedly

Impediment
We're discussing Zombie's Michael Myers, not the original.

Myers dies quickly.

Rogue Jedi
OK Mattie, what was Marv's greatest strength feat?

Impediment
His ability to use strategics via his cunning mind.

Marv showed us more feats, mental and physical, than Myers ever did.

Yes, Mike lifted up a compact car and turned it upside down.

Yes, Mike showed us his ability to overpower grown men like Joe Grizzly, Ismael the orderly, and the rest of the security guards at the hospital.

Yes, Mike has some serious damage soak since he survived being riddled with bullets by Laurie, not to mention one in the face.

It doesn't change the fact that Michael did most of these feats very slowly and without much emotion.

Marv has tact, cunning, and, most importantly, experience. There is no effing way that Marv would be taken down by Mike.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Impediment
His ability to use strategics via his cunning mind.

Marv showed us more feats, mental and physical, than Myers ever did.

Yes, Mike lifted up a compact car and turned it upside down.

Yes, Mike showed us his ability to overpower grown men like Joe Grizzly, Ismael the orderly, and the rest of the security guards at the hospital.

Yes, Mike has some serious damage soak since he survived being riddled with bullets by Laurie, not to mention on in the face.

It doesn't change the fact that Michael did most of these feats very slowly and without much emotion.

Marv has tact, cunning, and, most importantly, experience. There is no effing way that Marv would be taken down by Mike.

OK, so strength goes to Michael.

Marv wasn't a rocket scientist, dude. He had a simple goal, find Goldie's killer, it's not like he was hacking the matrix.

Read the OP, this is a toe to toe battle to the death. Michael is gonna bury his blade hilt deep in Marv's face.

Impediment
Doesn't change the fact that Marv used strategy.

He scoured the criminal underground and methodically tortured people.

He bought specific items from the hardware store to combat Kevin.

He knew how to untie specially tied knots.

And if you wanna argue strength feats, Marv wins here. When Marv was looking for information, you could see Marv driving a car and, with one hand, no less, holding up a fully grow man while his face dragged on the asphalt. He also help up another fully grown man to shove his face in a shitty toilet bowl. Finally, he was strong enough to saw through all four of Kevin's limbs and tie tourniquets. Say what you will, but sawing through meat is no easy task.

Marv has strength in spades here.

He could throw his hatchet right into Mike's masked face and then tackle him to finish the job.

Rogue Jedi
Doesn't change the fact that Marv used strategy.

He scoured the criminal underground and methodically tortured people.

He bought specific items from the hardware store to combat Kevin.

He knew how to untie specially tied knots.

And if you wanna argue strength feats, Marv wins here. When Marv was looking for information, you could see Marv driving a car and, with one hand, no less, holding up a fully grow man while his face dragged on the asphalt. He also help up another fully grown man to shove his face in a shitty toilet bowl. Finally, he was strong enough to saw through all four of Kevin's limbs and tie tourniquets. Say what you will, but sawing through meat is no easy task.

Marv has strength in spades here.

He could throw his hatchet right into Mike's masked face and then tackle him to finish the job.

All what you just said, Marv aint gonna have time to develop a strategy, dude, he had time to prepare and plan for all of what you just said.

Here, Michael is in his face, and it's on like donkey kong in the blink of an eye.

BruceSkywalker
Marv wins.. the halloween remakes are shit...

Impediment
If there is no prep, then Marv still has the advantage, says I.

He knows unarmed combat and how to brawl.

Marv could dodge, weave, and hit very methodically.

Mike is just entirely too slow.

Rogue Jedi
Shit or not, Michael is more of a beast.

Impediment
And Marv is more of a man, hence he has all the edge.

Rogue Jedi
Er, ok.

Impediment
Marv still wins.

(I'm at work watching Sin City on my laptop.)

KuRuPT Thanosi
We're discussing Zombie's Michael Myers, not the original.

Myers dies quickly.

Even in the remake I think much of the police force was killed in a shot of the police station.

RJ 2.0
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Er, ok. T13YkZYmDIU

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by RJ 2.0
T13YkZYmDIU

laughing laughing laughing

Genesis-Soldier
so was the hazadous chemicals injected into michaels face in the remake (can never remember). anyway Michael LOVES games and taking his time, pretty sure thats something he can have a lot of. marv had been cut up, electrocuted, beaten up but startergy wise i dont think he would go to well. Marv does have some kinda level of heightened hearing so that might help but i doubt it. eventually Michael wins

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.