king thor vs superman prime

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

redninjas
who wins

JakeTheBank
Prime

Philosophía
Prime.

Batman-Prime
Prime

galactusischere
King Thor.

iceman24567
Prime

Blanket
Thor wins because Prime is not actually immune to magic like he said and shown he was.

Lord Feron
Prime and a it would be a great fight!

shokosugi
Originally posted by Blanket
Thor wins because Prime is not actually immune to magic like he said and shown he was.

Happy Dance

OneDumbG0
Prime is not more durable than Cap's shield. He'd get vaporized by King Thor's eye beams, let alone everything else that he could do to him.

Blanket
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Prime is not more durable than Cap's shield. He'd get vaporized by King Thor's eye beams, let alone everything else that he could do to him. All his magic powers would be the bane of Prime.

Galan007
KT one-shotted Desak in the Destroyer armor. Love Prime, but I can't imagine him shrugging off that same type of attack -- nor can I imagine Prime tanking KT's shield-slagging eye beams. And even if Prime possesses a Guardian amp in this battle, the overall outcome would probably be the same, as the amp could likely be absorbed by mjolnir.

Slaanesh
Prime

shokosugi
Originally posted by Galan007
KT one-shotted Desak in the Destroyer armor. Love Prime, but I can't imagine him shrugging off that same type of attack -- nor can I imagine Prime tanking KT's shield-slagging eye beams. And even if Prime possesses a Guardian amp in this battle, the overall outcome would probably be the same, as the amp could likely be absorbed by mjolnir.

Wrong.

batdude123
All his magic powers would be the bane of Prime.

laughing out loud

The Nuul
Galan, dont you know that SBP/Superman > Galactus?

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by The Nuul

Originally posted by shokosugi
Wrong.

Galan, dont you know that SBP > Superman > Galactus?

Fixd. smile

Wild Shadow
King Thor...ftw.

i dont see prime actually being immune to magic just resistant and their is more options then just blasting prime with magic blast to take him down.

Blanket
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
King Thor...ftw.

i dont see prime actually being immune to magic just resistant and their is more options then just blasting prime with magic blast to take him down. Just resilient. Like he was shown. Like that one time magic hurt him only a little bit (never happened)?

King Thor's whole thing was blasting people down. Everything that people have said on the side of Thor here have been that very tactic as well...

OneDumbG0
All his magic powers would be the bane of Prime. As I'm sure magic was the bane of Cap's shield... ?

Blanket
As I'm sure magic was the bane of Cap's shield... ? Cap's shield has a magic immunity placed on it.

Did not know this. Issue #?

Because if it's just invunerable... then that's not the same as magic being tickle spray. Especially when the guy has shown a higher durability feat than Cap's shield as well...

OneDumbG0
^ Cap's shield is magically immune since... ?

This is question, as was the first one.

Blanket
I don't know. That's why I asked for an issue number. Although scans would work too.

OneDumbG0
^ And that's why I asked the question. Since Cap's shield has no magic weakness, yet is invulnerable... supposedly just like Superman Prime... but King Thor still nonchalantly vaporized it.

shokosugi

oh wow Null trying to be a smartass. Happy Dance

so bitter big grin

Blanket
^ And that's why I asked the question. Since Cap's shield has no magic weakness, yet is invulnerable... supposedly just like Superman Prime... but King Thor still nonchalantly vaporized it. There's a difference between being 'indestructible' with no bias between attacks, and being 'indestructible' while having an immunity to the types of attacks Thor uses.

OneDumbG0
^ Show me where Superman Prime has an "immunity" to magic attacks, other than not being vulnerable to magic and having his own relative invulnerability standing up to it like any other attack.

King Kandy
I never saw any evidence that SBP was more invulnerable to magic than he is to anything else. He's pretty much invulnerable to most any attack, including magic.

Blanket
^ Show me where Superman Prime has an "immunity" to magic attacks, other than not being vulnerable to magic and having his own relative invulnerability standing up to it like any other attack. Better question:
Show me where magic does anything to him to even suggest on panel statements/showings are a lie?

Originally posted by King Kandy
I never saw any evidence that SBP was more invulnerable to magic than he is to anything else. He's pretty much invulnerable to most any attack, including magic. So what was the point of bringing up a magic immunity when it's really attributed to his durability?

OneDumbG0
Better question:
Show me where magic does anything to him to even suggest on panel statements/showings are a lie? Same can be said of Cap's shield. And it still got destroyed by King Thor's attack.

Blanket
Same can be said of Cap's shield. And it still got destroyed by King Thor's attack. You know what can't be said of Cap's shield though? That it is immune to magic.

OneDumbG0
^ Same can't be said of Superman Prime either. Which is the point.

Blanket
^ Same can't be said of Superman Prime either. Which is the point. Correction: It can, because it has been.

OneDumbG0
^ By all means, convince me.

Blanket
Warning, complex logic incoming:

Prime said he was immune. Magic hasn't done anything to Prime.

OneDumbG0
^ So show me where he said he was immune. And show me where magic hasn't done anything.

Batman-Prime
This might become entertaining eat

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Galan007
A convert.

Blanket
^ So show me where he said he was immune. And show me where magic hasn't done anything. Page 5 of his respect thread.

OneDumbG0
^ I didn't see where he said he was "immune."

Blanket
^ I didn't see where he said he was "immune." What did you look at?
And there's also the 'it tickles', magic doesn't effect me, etc.

JakeTheBank
IIRC, Prime said he was only tickled by Black Adam's punches, tells Zauriel that magic doesn't hurt him, is only tickled by Mordru's magic, and is uneffected by Kinetix's assault. If Prime isn't "immune" to magic, he's incredibly resistant to it.

OneDumbG0
What did you look at?
And there's also the 'it tickles', magic doesn't effect me, etc. I looked at the "it tickles" scan. Where is the scan where Prime says he's "immune" to magic?

Blanket
I looked at the "it tickles" scan. Where is the scan where Prime says he's "immune" to magic? Then you're on the wrong respect thread.
Even so, I take it you're going to keep posting the same thing until you get the exact words 'immune' from a comic panel?

OneDumbG0
^ I looked at both. Neither had any scan where Superman Prime said he was "immune" to magic. That's what you led me to believe. But glad we cleared that up.

In any case, I'm sure a lot of things "tickle" Superman-Prime. But let me ask you this as an initial question... if King Thor smacked Superman Prime with Mjolnir... would it tickle?

Blanket
^ I looked at both. Neither had any scan where Superman Prime said he was "immune" to magic. That's what you led me to believe. But glad we cleared that up.

In any case, I'm sure a lot of things "tickle" Superman-Prime. But let me ask you this as an initial question... if King Thor smacked Superman Prime with Mjolnir... would it tickle? Right, because immunity is the only word that means the same thing. "Magic doesn't hurt me", etc, is not a case of immunity as it doesn't say 'immune'. Great logic. thumb up

I can't judge hypothical cases as they haven't happened word for word in comics. smile

OneDumbG0
^ A lot of things can't hurt Superman Prime. Heat. Cold. Poison. Paper-cuts. That doesn't mean he's "immune" to them.

K. So in other words, you're conflating "not being vulnerable" with the concept of "immunity." By all means, we are all entitled to our own opinions. Thought you were speaking of some instance where he said he was "immune." But again... glad we cleared that up.

Omega Vision
^ A lot of things can't hurt Superman Prime. Heat. Cold. Poison. Paper-cuts. That doesn't mean he's "immune" to them.

K. So in other words, you're conflating "not being vulnerable" with the concept of "immunity." By all means, we are all entitled to our own opinions. Thought you were speaking of some instance where he said he was "immune." But again... glad we cleared that up.
There isn't much practical difference tbh. If Mordru could only tickle SBP then King Thor won't do much better.

OneDumbG0
^ Pretty confident that Mordru would have only "tickled" Cap's shield with those finger-blasts considering what it has tanked. And that doesn't mean magic turns to so-much-as-feathers once it contacts Cap's shield.

Blanket
^ A lot of things can't hurt Superman Prime. Heat. Cold. Poison. That doesn't mean he's "immune" to them.

K. So in other words, you're conflating "not being vulnerable" to "immunity." By all means, we are all entitled to our own opinions. Right, which is why he makes a stance against magic everytime it's used. I'm sure Mordu would have done more than tickle him had his power been something other than magic, but then, I'd be assuming... yes, assuming...
BTW, if heat, cold, and poison 'can't' hurt him, then how exactly would that not make him immune to them?

Were those my exact words/conclusion? Because I don't think they were. Proof?

The funny thing is, that all this wordplay is just distracting from magic doing nothing against Prime in comics.

OneDumbG0
^ Because sufficient heat attacks have hurt him.

Your exact words/conclusion are that he is "immune" to magic. If you think I'm putting words into your mouth, then by all means clarify your position by answering my questions. The first, "If King Thor smacked Superman Prime with Mjolnir... would it tickle?"

A lot of things didn't do anything to Cap's shield. Doesn;t mean it's immune to those things. Which again... is the point.

Batman-Prime
To compare an Shield to an Character is a pretty bad example IMHO. Yes, KT hitting SBP would seem more effective at first, like Black Adams punches, but not enough effective imo.
Yeah, BA's punches and Modrus magic might be not able to destroy Cap's shield (- might - depends on the writer) but that doesn't mean that an blast from Thor would do the same damage to SB as it did to the shield.

Though I bet SBP could rip caps shield apart. WRITTEN to his best.

OneDumbG0
^ Cap's shield has demonstrated the capacity to tank as much, if not more than, Superman Prime. The only issue here is whether Superman Prime is "immune" to magic and thus any and all magic would be so-much-as-feathers to Superman Prime.

Not really.

Batman-Prime
Cap's shield is a shield for crying out loud. The writers are damn creative about the things it can do, you know. An living being takes damage in a different way. And SBP tanked blasts and punches from Monarch, even when the amp was "almost" gone he took the U-destroying blast. Anyway, it really doesn't matter if an dead object is more durable then an living person in a comic, it's only important to know if SBP magic resistance is good enough for him to take KT best shots without real damage and judging from the Modru, BA appearances it seems to be that good. He doesn't have to be completly immune, a high resistance is more then enough.

Blanket
^ Because sufficient heat attacks have hurt him.

Your exact words/conclusion are that he is "immune" to magic. If you think I'm putting words into your mouth, then by all means clarify your position by answering my questions. The first, "If King Thor smacked Superman Prime with Mjolnir... would it tickle?"

A lot of things didn't do anything to Cap's shield. Doesn;t mean it's immune to those things. Which again... is the point. You just destroyed your own example then. And ignored the question.

It wasn't because of the 'not vunerable' thing though, like you led me to believe. You have misled me sir.
I wouldn't doubt it would tickle. It's not like a smack is that hard.

Shield = really hard object with no immunities. smile

JakeTheBank
Plus this is all assuming Prime is going to stand there at allow Thor to hit him in the first place erm

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Cap's shield is a shield for crying out loud. The writers are damn creative about the things it can do, you know. An living being takes damage in a different way. And SBP tanked blasts and punches from Monarch, even when the amp was "almost" gone he took the U-destroying blast. Anyway, it really doesn't matter if an dead object is more durable then an living person in a comic, it's only important to know if SBP magic resistance is good enough for him to take KT best shots without real damage and judging from the Modru, BA appearances it seems to be that good. He doesn't have to be completly immune, a high resistance is more then enough. I understand. I pretty much fully agree with you. Superman Prime tanked blasts/punches from a guy that contained the power to destroy a universe. Which is why I think he has enough durability that him being "tickled" by magic attacks that he isn't especially vulnerable to, is consistent with him just being insanely durable.

But there are few things that are more durable than Cap's shield. And Superman Prime was hurt by things that wouldn't have done crap to Cap's shield. And King Thor nonchalantly destroyed Cap's shield. Hence, my position. Originally posted by Blanket
You just destroyed your own example then. And ignored the question.

It wasn't because of the 'not vunerable' thing though, like you led me to believe. You have misled me sir.
I wouldn't doubt it would tickle. It's not like a smack is that hard.

Shield = really hard object with no immunities. Except, we don't know what sufficient magic would do to Superman Prime.

Which leads me to the same initial question (the first of several), "If King Thor smacked Superman Prime with Mjolnir... would it tickle?"

The same could be said of Superman Prime... which is the point.

Blanket
At ODG

How is that an argument? We don't know what it would do? I didn't know we argued based on future events, because as of right now... nothing.

I thought I just answered that.

Replace 'no immunities' with 'magic immunity', and the same can be said of him. Otherwise, we speculate that 'Magic can't hurt me' actually means 'I don't know why I singled out magic, but what I meant to say was that blasts or in your case, a sword can not hurt me as I am too durable for that.'

Batman-Prime
I understand. I pretty much fully agree with you. Superman Prime tanked blasts/punches from a guy that contained the power to destroy a universe. Which is why I think he has enough durability that him being "tickled" by magic attacks that he isn't especially vulnerable to, is consistent with him just being insanely durable.

But there are few things that are more durable than Cap's shield. And Superman Prime was hurt by things that wouldn't have done crap to Cap's shield. And King Thor nonchalantly destroyed Cap's shield. Hence, my position. Except, we don't know what sufficient magic would do to Superman Prime.

Which leads me to the same initial question (the first of several), "If King Thor smacked Superman Prime with Mjolnir... would it tickle?"

The same could be said of Superman Prime... which is the point.

Cap's Shield, as already said is an dead object, it's easier to handle it in a comic then an living being. That said, SBP was hurt by things that wouldn't do crap to the shield, this might be true in some cases but in this case it's quite the contrary. The shield was destroyed by an MAGICAL attack of an Skyfather being while SBP was tickled by the blasts of another.
With that fact in mind, the Shield destroyed by an magical blast, don't forget the magic nature of the attack, the answer is pretty easy. The smack from KT would make SBP bleed a little bit, because of the strength of the blow, but the magic which would be fatal to the shield would only tickle SBP. So KT hit though annoying would lack the magic boost to do some serious damage to prime.

OneDumbG0
^ If we compare what Cap's shield has taken without ill effect and what Superman Prime has taken without ill effect, I'd daresay your conclusions are incorrect.Originally posted by Blanket
At ODG

How is that an argument? We don't know what it would do? I didn't know we argued based on future events, because as of right now... nothing.

I thought I just answered that.

Replace 'no immunities' with 'magic immunity', and the same can be said of him. Otherwise, we speculate that 'Magic can't hurt me' actually means 'I don't know why I singled out magic, but what I meant to say was that blasts or in your case, a sword can not hurt me as I am too durable for that.' At Blanket

No. This is the crux of the argument. Because you're assuming that magic, of whatever sufficient measure or amplitude, would be utterly useless against Superman Prime. Don't project the "futurity of possibilities" criticism at me when you're the one already assuming that King Thor's attack would be useless. This future result is what I am contending with, by measuring whether your assessment that Superman Prime is utterly "immune" is reliable or not.

So King Thor smacking Superman Prime with Mjolnir would tickle. Ok, second question, "If Juggernaut smacked Superman Prime in the face... would it tickle?"

Only, everybody and their mother knew that Superman was vulnerable to magic, hence... there is a perfectly valid reason why he would say "Magic can't hurt me."

Batman-Prime
^there is nothing to compare except:
Cap's shield destroyed by the MAGICAL blast of an skyfather < SBP not affected by the MAGICAL blast of Modru (Skyfather too)

OneDumbG0
^ I guess your confident opinion comes from an exactingly quantifiable comparison between Mordru's finger blasts and King Thor's eye blasts then. By all means, enlighten us.

Batman-Prime
If i stick my finger in you eye it hurts you. If you "push" your eye on my finger it still hurts you more. So finger > eye.

OneDumbG0
^ And that represents a quantifiable comparison between Mordru's finger blasts and King Thor's blasts how?

psycho gundam
just putting this out there: the odin force allows odin (or whomever wields it) to use cosmic energy as well as magic.

Batman-Prime
ODG. in the same way as the cap's shield - SBP durability comparison.

OneDumbG0
^ Except Cap's shield has utterly resisted as much, if not more than Superman Prime, without any harm whatsoever...

... so... not so much... ?

xJLxKing
Prime will survive that attack. IF he was able to survive a universe going BOOM! then I don't see why he can't do so with a less powerful attack.

quanchi112
^there is nothing to compare except:
Cap's shield destroyed by the MAGICAL blast of an skyfather < SBP not affected by the MAGICAL blast of Modru (Skyfather too) False. They are not the same characters so quit acting like King Thor is equal to Mordru when he isn't.

Also resisting one blast isn't proof of complete immunity against all types of magic.

Originally posted by Omega Vision
There isn't much practical difference tbh. If Mordru could only tickle SBP then King Thor won't do much better. What? Are you serious?

Was that Mordru's best? Do you have any idea what King Thor is capable of?

Originally posted by King Kandy
I never saw any evidence that SBP was more invulnerable to magic than he is to anything else. He's pretty much invulnerable to most any attack, including magic. Agreed.

Originally posted by shokosugi
Wrong. Actually, he's right.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Prime will survive that attack. IF he was able to survive a universe going BOOM! then I don't see why he can't do so with a less powerful attack. I don't see why a sapling that survived a universe going BOOM! couldn't do so with a less powerful attack either. thumb up

Batman-Prime
I know where you want to take the discussion but i'm not willing to play along. Cap's shield was destroyed by an magical blasts, we agree on this. SBP resisted magical attacks better then other attacks (physical for example), we can agree on this too I guess.
Cap's shield is an dead object that doesn't fight back.
SBP is an character who fights back.

quanchi112
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Prime will survive that attack. IF he was able to survive a universe going BOOM! then I don't see why he can't do so with a less powerful attack. So a Monitor's shields can survive this sort of attack? Do you realize how devoid of logic the stance you are clinging to actually is?

quanchi112
I know where you want to take the discussion but i'm not willing to play along. Cap's shield was destroyed by an magical blasts, we agree on this. SBP resisted magical attacks better then other attacks (physical for example), we can agree on this too I guess.
SBP is an character who fights back. He doesn't have the power to put down King Thor. King Thor is more powerful, thousands of years of experience, and just as durable if not more so.

OneDumbG0
SBP is an character who fights back. I wouldn't agree. Yes, Cap's shield is inanimate. And SBP is animate. And this doesn't really matter.

Batman-Prime
I wouldn't agree. Yes, Cap's shield is inanimate. And SBP is animate. And this doesn't really matter.

You don't agree that caps shield was destroyed by an magical attack?

You don't agree that SBP's showings against magical attacks are better then his showings against physical attacks?

And it does matter, not to you, but anyway. (waiting for the Captain America's Shield respect Thread)

Blanket
^ If we compare what Cap's shield has taken without ill effect and what Superman Prime has taken without ill effect, I'd daresay your conclusions are incorrect.At Blanket

No. This is the crux of the argument. Because you're assuming that magic, of whatever sufficient measure or amplitude, would be utterly useless against Superman Prime. Don't project the "futurity of possibilities" criticism at me when you're the one already assuming that King Thor's attack would be useless. This future result is what I am contending with, by measuring whether your assessment that Superman Prime is utterly "immune" is reliable or not.

So King Thor smacking Superman Prime with Mjolnir would tickle. Ok, second question, "If Juggernaut smacked Superman Prime in the face... would it tickle?"

Only, everybody and their mother knew that Superman was vulnerable to magic, hence... there is a perfectly valid reason why he would say "Magic can't hurt me." Except it isn't. What if in the future Prime takes a full on assault by Spectre and laughs it off? What if that happens in the future instead of him getting hurt? My future prediction is just as good as yours is, isn't it? I'm going to take a firm stance on what has happened so far in comics, though. IE, with Prime never being affected by magic.
Hell yes I assumed that King Thor's 'smack' would be useless, as a 'smack' is less than what Mordu did. I hope you appreciate the irony. smile

I'm guessing a Juggernaut 'smack' would be less than a King Thor 'smack' with Mjolnir... so, ya.

K. So, 'Magic can't hurt me', now directly goes into Superman's history, instead of the obvious implications of that statement. My writer intention guessing is as good as yours, so I'm going to say that's not what the writer meant at all.

---

The funny thing I find about this argument, is that for someone who was trolling me based off of the direct use of a word sure as hell makes an assload of assumptions. smile

SoulDevourer
The shield was destroyed by an MAGICAL attack of an Skyfather being KT use magic to make that blast, that dont mean the blast itself is magic. its just super strong energy blast

its like saying "Force lightning" lol, its just electricity but the sith use the Force to make it

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
KT use magic to make that blast, that dont mean the blast itself is magic. its just super strong energy blast

its like saying "Force lightning" lol, its just electricity but the sith use the Force to make it

So it wasn't magical in nature you say? The blast i mean?

quanchi112
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
KT use magic to make that blast, that dont mean the blast itself is magic. its just super strong energy blast

its like saying "Force lightning" lol, its just electricity but the sith use the Force to make it To act like Thor's hammer would just bounce off Prime's face is one of the most hysterical and ignorant stances I have ever heard on this board. Keep in mind we have h1 running lose on here perpetuating lies and half truths.

quanchi112
So it wasn't magical in nature you say? The blast i mean? Do you honestly think Thor's hammer won't hurt Prime at all?

OneDumbG0
Except it isn't. What if in the future Prime takes a full on assault by Spectre and laughs it off? What if that happens in the future instead of him getting hurt? My future prediction is just as good as yours is, isn't it? I'm going to take a firm stance on what has happened so far in comics, though. IE, with Prime never being affected by magic.
Hell yes I assumed that King Thor's 'smack' would be useless, as a 'smack' is less than what Mordu did. I hope you appreciate the irony.

I'm guessing a Juggernaut 'smack' would be less than a King Thor 'smack' with Mjolnir... so, ya.

K. So, 'Magic can't hurt me', now directly goes into Superman's history, instead of the obvious implications of that statement. My writer intention guessing is as good as yours, so I'm going to say that's not what the writer meant at all.

---

The funny thing I find about this argument, is that for someone who was trolling me based off of the direct use of a word sure as hell makes an assload of assumptions. Your future prediction isn't as good. Because you're taking off-color statements to their furthest possible extreme without accounting for what it could mean. You're stretching them to their utter limits without accounting for all circumstances. Which will be further revealed once you finish answering my line of questioning.

Ok, so King Thor smacking Superman Prime would be useless. And Juggernaut smacking Superman Prime would be useless. So then beings like, Spectre, or Radiant or Zauriel punching Superman Prime would be useless also, right?

Yes, it does go to Superman's history, since Superman Prime read all of Superman's comics and would react in such a way to rub it in people's faces that he wasn't vulnerable in the same way as his idol, Superman, to prove he was better.

Only, you're the one who led us to believe that such a word as "immune" was ever applied to Superman Prime. So call it trolling all you like. I'm just arguing with your position.

SoulDevourer
So it wasn't magical in nature you say? The blast i mean? nope the blast itself aint magical. & its kinda obvious when u look at panel cool

Blanket
Your future prediction isn't as good. Because you're taking off-color statements to their furthest possible extreme without accounting for what it could mean. You're stretching them to their utter limits without accounting for all circumstances. Which will be further revealed once you finish answering my line of questioning.

Ok, so Juggernaut smacking Superman Prime would be useless. So then beings like, Spectre, or Radiant or Zauriel punching Superman Prime would be useless also, right?

Yes, it does go to Superman's history, since Superman Prime read all of Superman's comics and would react in such a way to rub it in people's faces that he wasn't vulnerable in the same way as his idol, Superman to prove he was better.

Only, you're the one who led us to believe that such a word as "immune" was ever applied to Superman Prime. So call it trolling all you like. I'm just arguing with your position. Mine is as good. And considering you downgrade my ability to tell the future based on really nothing, then I say your future telling isn't as good since I'm using comics.
Anyway, taking something from comics to the extreme is still a better guage than using nothing at all, don't you say? Magic doesn't hurt Prime so far in comics. If it happens next Wednesday, or next year that he gets utterly decimated by a blast of pure magic, then it will still be irrelevant to what is happened so far. Can you not see this? If he is exposed, then so be it. It will still be irrelevant to this conversation. And besides the obvious joking around of my last post, what if he is indeed shown to tank Spectre's blasts? What if he does tank someone with extremely high magical powers (cough Mordu)? Certainly that thought has to enter your head when you think of such things as exposing it as a myth, does it not?
Which is why you can't use the future as an indication for what is happening here and now.

I'll give you a serious response, and a ODG literal response to this question.
First, ODG literal.
Well, I'm betting Spctre doesn't 'smack' that hard, and Radiant doesn't look like she can 'smack' hard either.

Serious.
Considering all the times Spectre failed against something, and if Prime is indeed immune like what we are led to believe, then it's not far fetched to say that he fails there. Especially if it happens in a comic... because I guarantee it would happen.
Radiant is a little different I believe, as I don't believe she's actually been stated as magical, and iirc (been a while), her power is basically what God wants to happen. It wouldn't end well for Prime.
And Z. Well, we already saw what happened to him against Prime...

Is that exactly what was meant by it? You can't take it any other way? Because that is certainly an option, but when it goes onto things like Mordu, and smashing an angel's sword... I don't think it's just a way of rubbing it in Superman's face. Especially when he outright says it doesn't hurt him/it tickles. If something isn't hurting him, especially an angel's sword, then... it's not just a case of that being a rub and tug of himself. Especially since you also have to assume a bit to get to where you got.

---

And that's what I've been doing ever since you brought that ridiculous argument up. smile

OneDumbG0
Mine is as good. And considering you downgrade my ability to tell the future based on really nothing, then I say your future telling isn't as good since I'm using comics.
Anyway, taking something from comics to the extreme is still a better guage than using nothing at all, don't you say? Magic doesn't hurt Prime so far in comics. If it happens next Wednesday, or next year that he gets utterly decimated by a blast of pure magic, then it will still be irrelevant to what is happened so far. Can you not see this? If he is exposed, then so be it. It will still be irrelevant to this conversation. And besides the obvious joking around of my last post, what if he is indeed shown to tank Spectre's blasts? What if he does tank someone with extremely high magical powers (cough Mordu)? Certainly that thought has to enter your head when you think of such things as exposing it as a myth, does it not?
Which is why you can't use the future as an indication for what is happening here and now.Except I was steering you to something that happened on-panel... watch: Originally posted by Blanket
I'll give you a serious response, and a ODG literal response to this question.
First, ODG literal.
Well, I'm betting Spctre doesn't 'smack' that hard, and Radiant doesn't look like she can 'smack' hard either.

Serious.
Considering all the times Spectre failed against something, and if Prime is indeed immune like what we are led to believe, then it's not far fetched to say that he fails there. Especially if it happens in a comic... because I guarantee it would happen.
Radiant is a little different I believe, as I don't believe she's actually been stated as magical, and iirc (been a while), her power is basically what God wants to happen. It wouldn't end well for Prime.
And Z. Well, we already saw what happened to him against Prime...Ok, so Spectre smacks Superman Prime and fails to hurt him. And maybe Radiant smacks Superman Prime and fails to hurt him? And since we already saw what happened to Zauriel and Prime... Zauriel smacks him and fails to - except wait... Zauriel did smack him and did hurt him. Yes that is Zauriel's fist... and that is Superman Prime yelling, "That hurts!" Doesn't get more clearly on-panel that this:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/More%20Random/SupermanPrime01.jpg Originally posted by Blanket
Is that exactly what was meant by it? You can't take it any other way? Because that is certainly an option, but when it goes onto things like Mordu, and smashing an angel's sword... I don't think it's just a way of rubbing it in Superman's face. Especially when he outright says it doesn't hurt him/it tickles. If something isn't hurting him, especially an angel's sword, then... it's not just a case of that being a rub and tug of himself. Especially since you also have to assume a bit to get to where you got.

---

And that's what I've been doing ever since you brought that ridiculous argument up. Oops on you! peaches

manx422
superman prime

Blanket
Except I was steering you to something that happened on-panel... watch: Ok, so Spectre smacks Superman Prime and fails to hurt him. And maybe Radiant smacks Superman Prime and fails to hurt him? And Zauriel smacks him and fails to - except wait... Zauriel did smack him and did hurt him. Yes that is Zauriel's fist... and that is Superman Prime yelling, "That hurts!" Doesn't get more clearly on-panel that this:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/More%20Random/SupermanPrime01.jpg Oops on you! peaches Do we also ignore him gushing blood and getting hit by other people at the same time?

OneDumbG0
^ Do we ignore that he wasn't immune to Zauriel's punch? Which is pretty much diametrically opposed to your prediction?

Blanket
His head moved from Zauriel, while getting hit by other heroes.
Must have been all Zauriel.

OneDumbG0
^ The punch was all Zauriel. And the cry of pain was all Superman Prime. *shrugs*

Blanket
The punch in the face was.
The choke, the apparent punch in the back, and the punch in the stomach wasn't though.

OneDumbG0
^ Zauriel's punch still hurts. Unlike your prediction that it would tickle. peaches

Blanket
Nope. That's the part that took away from the pain of the stomach punch. The tickling distracted him.

Warlord
Is it safe to say that a spell would not work on prime?
What if thor tries to stop time for example?

Blanket
Originally posted by Warlord
Is it safe to say that a spell would not work on prime?
What if thor tries to stop time for example? Then Prime would freeze Thor around the stopped time.

Warlord
definitely

Slaanesh
Except I was steering you to something that happened on-panel... watch: Ok, so Spectre smacks Superman Prime and fails to hurt him. And maybe Radiant smacks Superman Prime and fails to hurt him? And since we already saw what happened to Zauriel and Prime... Zauriel smacks him and fails to - except wait... Zauriel did smack him and did hurt him. Yes that is Zauriel's fist... and that is Superman Prime yelling, "That hurts!" Doesn't get more clearly on-panel that this:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/More%20Random/SupermanPrime01.jpg

isn't that a severely weaken Prime??he send them flying the moment he got a little sunlight..

DarkOdin
1 The Odinforce is not magic it is divine, If you need a further defintion of divine compared to magic "a least in Odin's case." The Odinforce is Odin's godly energy and that of his two brothers.

2. We have seen the flashes hurt prime and BFR him with the speed force so time stop or BRF will work on Prime.

3. Thor could just amp his strength, Durability, speed etc.. to fight prime.

4. Captain American's sheild has been dented by king Thor's amp mjolnir blows also so yes prime will feel this.

5. This fight is close to classic Thor and Reg. Superman battle but on a higher scale.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Slaanesh
isn't that a severely weaken Prime??he send them flying the moment he got a little sunlight.. Yes, but the point is he isn't completely invulnerable to magical attacks/punches. he's very resistant to it but he can't take on the Spectre or anything and just laugh off his attacks anyways.

gogogadgetgo
Except I was steering you to something that happened on-panel... watch: Ok, so Spectre smacks Superman Prime and fails to hurt him. And maybe Radiant smacks Superman Prime and fails to hurt him? And since we already saw what happened to Zauriel and Prime... Zauriel smacks him and fails to - except wait... Zauriel did smack him and did hurt him. Yes that is Zauriel's fist... and that is Superman Prime yelling, "That hurts!" Doesn't get more clearly on-panel that this:

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/More%20Random/SupermanPrime01.jpg Oops on you! peaches

are those....tears?

Warlord
it's Prime...of course they're tears...wink

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Warlord
it's Prime...of course they're tears...wink laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.