Four Lions.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jaden101
dZVfyQyu9RY&feature=player_embedded

Looking like potentially the funniest film in ages. Chris Morris comes up with the controversial comedy gold again.

I was howling with laughter at just that small trailer.

Impediment
Wow.

That was just..............not funny at all. Leukemia is funnier to me than what I just saw.

I don't think I will even read reviews on this.

The Nuul
Look like shit and not funny at all.

xJLxKing
I don't understand it whatsoever. Is it suppose to be funny, or something to that effect?

Rain Dog
What are you lot on?

Are you all American? That's probably it.

I can't wait for this. I love Chris Morris and the clip's only made me more excited.

Impediment
Suuuure. 'Cause we're American, we don't know humor.

Eff off and die. Wanker.

Rain Dog
Originally posted by Impediment

Eff off and die. Wanker.

Not at all, there's a lot of great American comedy. It's just there's a certain type of humour that's very popular in Britain and has been for ages, that is not appreciated in America.

You probably wouldn't like The Day Today, Brass Eye, Nathan Barley etc either. It doesn't mean you don't know humour, it means you don't appreciate that kind of humour.

Apologies if it came off as xenophobic.

BruceSkywalker
i will not even see this free

Robtard
Originally posted by jaden101

Looking like potentially the funniest film in ages. Chris Morris comes up with the controversial comedy gold again.

Hahaahaaa, "IRA voice". This looks great.

Rain Dog
Good man, I knew you'd get it.

Alpha Centauri
Chris Morris is the best comedic mind ever, I can't wait for this.

Eff off and die. Wanker.

Yeah, it probably is because you're American.

No offense, but there are too many Americans who can't even begin to grasp any British humour that isn't Monty Python.

Nobody's saying Americans don't get humour, it's just that a lot of Americans don't get British humour.

It's just a stone cold fact that you have to be British and have experienced British culture and mannerisms to grasp and understand certain comedies.

-AC

jaden101

Eff off and die. Wanker.

Normally someone would get banned for that...I guess you won't though...No point in reporting you is there...I'd be reporting you to...you.

I don't expect most non Brits to get the humour in Chris Morris' work. Even a lot of Brits find his stuff offensive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7jVnrfoZD8

Have a watch of this for example. Which got a huge amount of criticism not so much for the content but because they duped loads of British celebrities to take part thinking that it was a serious show about paedophiles and it just made them look totally stupid because they were willing to believe and repeat anything just for some positive PR.

xJLxKing
Maybe, it's you "British" people and you humor that are the problem. Nobody else gets it. Hmmm, I wonder why

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Maybe, it's you "British" people and you humor that are the problem. Nobody else gets it. Hmmm, I wonder why

How is that a problem for "us" or me? If that was meant as a jab, it was about as effective as a candle in a hurricane.

I get it, I find it funny. That's all that matters. I couldn't actually care any less who else gets it or finds it funny. The FACT is that it is a very specific kind of humour that Americans really do not tend to grasp. British humour, that is. It's, on average, way more sophisticated and thus it provokes one of two kinds of reaction from Americans.

1) "I'm gonna pretend I love it and really act like I'm into it because I wish I was.".

...or 2) "It's you Brits that think you're so funny, your humour is shit.".

The fact is, some of my favourite shows ARE American, America DOES have amazing comedians. I'm not saying British humour is better all over, I'm saying that no matter what it is, most Americans just can't seem to grasp the style or references.

Add to the fact that Four Lions is even more specific in that it's a kind of humour that most Brits don't even get, and it's not likely Americans will.

It's just fact.

-AC

jaden101
Certainly isn't a problem for me. The argument can't even be made that it's the subject of the humour because it's not like the Brits haven't experienced Islamic terrorism.

The bit when he covers his beard...Hahaha...Gold.

Alpha Centauri
For the record, I do think Imped was joking with the "Eff off and die." thing.

Though, you're speaking to a lost cause regarding the Chris Morris paedophilia stuff. The man has a kid, you know?

This inherently stops most people from seeing the points he made and why it's funny. I could be wrong, Imped might be one of the more rational ones.

-AC

jaden101
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
For the record, I do think Imped was joking with the "Eff off and die." thing.

Though, you're speaking to a lost cause regarding the Chris Morris paedophilia stuff. The man has a kid, you know?

This inherently stops most people from seeing the points he made and why it's funny. I could be wrong, Imped might be one of the more rational ones.

-AC

I questioned whether to bother responding due to the use of the word "wanker" being an invariably British term and this was his way of countering the "Americans won't get it" angle.

Still not necessary though, joking or not.

I'm sure Leukemia won't be as funny to him if his child "gets" it.

Robtard
Normally someone would get banned for that...I guess you won't though...No point in reporting you is there...I'd be reporting you to...you.

I don't expect most non Brits to get the humour in Chris Morris' work. Even a lot of Brits find his stuff offensive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7jVnrfoZD8

Have a watch of this for example. Which got a huge amount of criticism not so much for the content but because they duped loads of British celebrities to take part thinking that it was a serious show about paedophiles and it just made them look totally stupid because they were willing to believe and repeat anything just for some positive PR.

Holy shit, that was great too. Chillmeistergen told me about Brasseye long again, never looked into it though, my loss.

"Had a nine year old nephew with a pink ass and no hair on his balls." LoL.

Robtard

. The FACT is that it is a very specific kind of humour that Americans really do not tend to grasp. British humour, that is. It's, on average, way more sophisticated and thus it provokes one of two kinds of reaction from Americans.

1) "I'm gonna pretend I love it and really act like I'm into it because I wish I was.".

...or 2) "It's you Brits that think you're so funny, your humour is shit.".

I find it to be genuinely funny, simply because it is.; don't think I'm the one-in-a-million American either. You're painting with a far to wide brush in making that comment, imo.

Alpha Centauri
I can only go by experience, and that's my experience.

Obviously there are exceptions, but they are so few in my experience that I'd literally have to name the people, and I can't be bothered.

-AC

Impediment
.....Jesus Christ... I was kidding, people, with the eff off wanker comment. I meant no offense. Apologies if I did offend.

I'm sure Leukemia won't be as funny to him if his child "gets" it.

That's American humor for you.

Going back to topic, I fail to grasp the concept of "British humor", but, as AC said, most of my British comedy viewings are, in fact, Monty Python and Simon Pegg films.

jaden101
.....Jesus Christ... I was kidding, people, with the eff off wanker comment. I meant no offense. Apologies if I did offend.

That's American humor for you.

Going back to topic, I fail to grasp the concept of "British humor", but, as AC said, most of my British comedy viewings are, in fact, Monty Python and Simon Pegg films.

Simon Pegg's stuff is damn good...No doubt.

You ****ing big dirty **** prick bastard arsehole shite.

Impediment
I have been told that I would love "Spaced". Is it any good?

jaden101
I have been told that I would love "Spaced". Is it any good?

It uses a lot more of his love of referencing other movies and games...But yeah...it's exactly the same type of humour. Extremely funny stuff.

That ACDC Chick
the ending bit was kinda funny ill admit that
"Cause she's got a beard"

jaden101
The IRA voice bit is classic...The 2nd time he says "Can I have...12 bottles of bleach please" I just feel so sorry for him. Hahaha...

Impediment

-AC

I love a good pedophile and/or dead baby joke. What good is it being a dad if you can't make a disturbing joke every once in a while?

I've never heard of Chris Morris. Is he recommended to the likes of me? Most anyone here knows my comedy likings. If not, then just look at my lengthy profile.

jaden101
I love a good pedophile and/or dead baby joke. What good is it being a dad if you can't make a disturbing joke every once in a while?

I've never heard of Chris Morris. Is he recommended to the likes of me? Most anyone here knows my comedy likings. If not, then just look at my lengthy profile.

He is one of the greatest satirists ever. He never flinches about what he targets in his comedy. Paedophiles, terrorists. He plays on what the media are making people hysterical with panic and paranoia about and turns the mirror on it to show how ridiculous the fear is.

If you're the type of person who finds themselves shouting at the news every time they show a story about anything even mildly incendiary then you'll find his stuff grossly offensive.

If you want to delve in at the deep end then "Brass Eye"...His series of mock documentaries is where to start. Although it was really of its time as he wrote about all the issues that were in the press daily in the UK...(think about someone in the US doing a satire comedy about paedophilia at the height of the Jesse Timmendequas case and you'll see why he's considered so offensive as the UK equivalent)

Scythe

Haha, I want to watch this.

kevinash
The characters are no laughing matter; instead, their bumbling tendencies suggest a universal human fragility: The joke is on all of us.

jaden101
http://video.uk.msn.com/watch/video/four-lions-world-exclusive-trailer/2tsw3k9z

New trailer.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.