Earth's Mightiest Superhero Team

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Placidity
The existence of all superheroes is about to be destroyed due to a plot by the Guardians, Monitors, Anti Monitor and all that stuff, since they are collectively becoming too powerful. However, they have given you a choice to save 7 of them to protect the Earth.

Create your ultimate DC/Marvel Team (7 Members), using characters from any of the below teams that the plot masters have deemed worthy.

* CIS Off

DC Justice League

Superman
Wally West
Batman
Wonder Woman
Martian Manhunter
Hal Jordan
Zantanna

Marvel Avengers

Thor
Sentry
Iron Man
Hulk
Scarlet Witch
Captain America
Hercules

Marvel X-men

Iceman
Magneto
Professor X
Rogue
Jean Grey (Phoenix)
Forge
Wolverine

Warlord
no jsa?

Placidity
Originally posted by Warlord
no jsa?

Most of them are too powerful or too weak to be on here I thought.

Batman-Prime
1. Superman
2. Flash
3. MM
4. Thor
5. Sentry
6. Zatanna
7. Hal

or

Batman x 7

Warlord
cool...let's see...

1. Thor
2. Martian Manhunter
3. Flash
4. Scarlet Witch (if she is at her chaos magic levels before going mad)
5. Sentry (if he can control his abilities and himself)/Hal Jordan (if sentry can't)
6. Zatana
7. Captain America (you need a field commander)/Iceman (if we only need power)

Slaanesh
1. Wally
2. Hal
3. Zatana
4. Sentry if it's the one that defeated MM
5. Iron Man
6. Capt America
7. Jean Grey (Phoenix)

The Nuul
Just need two....

Tiknas Sentry and Shokos Superman Prime.

Omega Vision
1. Batman
2. Wally West
3. Martian Manhunter
4. Thor
5. Superman
6. Scarlet Witch
7. Magneto
This would be a frightening team to fight.

DarthDaniel1001
Superman: Super strong, super fast, super everything. A no brainer.
Batman: The brains of the group and a guy who's taken down people much more powerful then himself before. Oh, and the arsenal of gadgets.
Wally West: Super-speed makes him virtually impossible to hit most of the time. Another no brainer.
Thor: More or less Superman's equal. Enough said.
Hal Jordan: Flight, Energy Manipulation, and, more to the point, force-field creation
Martian Manhunter: Better telepath then Xavier and can do things he can't, like....walk, for starters.
Captain America: Field leader. And then there's the shield...

basilisk
1. Superman
2. Wally West
3. Batman
4. Zatanna
5. Sentry (if in control and the version that beat MM) otherwise sub in Magneto
6. Hal Jordan
7. Jean Grey (Phoenix)

The Nuul
Which Sentry?

galactusischere
1.Flash
2.Batman
3.Zatanna
4.Thor
5.Planet Breaker Hulk
6.Forge(Ultimate Nullifier FTW)
7.Jean Grey(Phoenix)

Forge and Batman team up and create a version of the UN and send all the monitors to oblivion.

The Nuul
Sentry
Superman
Thor
Forge
Batman
Phoenix
Scarlet Witch

Sentry is only here to amp Supes, sundipped......shifty

Forge and Bats working together, imagine what they can do!!

tideoftime
Hmmm... if CIS being off means that the characters are, in fact, in full control of their abilities and mentally stable (assuming no outside/circumstantial influences), then:

Thor (Uber Physical Power, Mystical Power)
Sentry (Multi-uber powers/ability)
Phoenix (Uber Telepath, Uber Multi-Power)
Zatanna (Mystical Power)
Wally (Uber Speedster)
Superman (Uber Physical Power, Speedster, middle multi-power)
Batman (Brains/Organizational/Tactical, Gadgets, Batkick)

I could choose others combos, as well, but settled on this one, as this group can cover the limitations of each other more readily than virtually all the other combos. (Phoenix could compensate for Sentry's potential weak mental defenses; Zatanna can shield herself and Batman, as well as mitigate Superman's low resistance to magic; Batman can better strategize Wally and Thor in an over-arcing combat; et al...)

The Nuul
CIS could also mean HOM Wanda?

xJLxKing
I like thread.
(no order whatsoever)
1. Superman
2. Hal
3. Thor
4. Wally West
5. Zatanna
6. MM
7. Batman

The Nuul
Originally posted by The Nuul
Just need two....

Tiknas Sentry and Shokos Superman Prime.

I read the thread wrong, someone faceplam me...

Nihilist
Superman
Wally West
Thor
Sentry
Jean Grey (Phoenix)
Zantanna
Captain America

Q99
Hm, the base JLA team is pretty good...

I think I'd go:

Superman
Wally West
Batman
Wonder Woman
Martian Manhunter
Zatanna
Rogue

galactusischere
edit

Q99
Originally posted by galactusischere
The Endless aren't exactly "heroes".

Also I just noticed I was supposed to pick from the list, so edited ^^

Bouboumaster
1- Superman (Leader)
2- Martian Manhunter
3- Hal Jordan
4- Thor
5- Hulk
6- Sentry
7- Jean Grey

gogogadgetgo
1. Batman
2. Wolverine
nothing follow

JakeTheBank
1. Thor
2. Hal Jordan
3. Wonder Woman
4. Superman
5. Jean Grey
6. Wally West
7. The God Damn Batman

It's done, son. uhuh

Lord Feron
Jean Grey (Phoenix) - Why not have a abstarct level entity in your back pocket?
Superman - People love him and he is formidable.
Wally West - Speed.... kills
Thor - Takes out magica threat buit can also whoops some serious ass.
Scarlet Witch (if this is just normal wanda - replace with Zatanna) - Takes care of Magical threats
Batman - Prep master, and smart.
Captain America - Best damn field general there is.

A Bats and Cap, organizing a assault or defense with this lineup is going to be nigh unbeatable.

Placidity
Originally posted by tideoftime
Hmmm... if CIS being off means that the characters are, in fact, in full control of their abilities and mentally stable (assuming no outside/circumstantial influences), then:

Not necessarily.

The way I understand CIS, is that some characters are limited due to their own stupidity even though they could be more powerful given their powerset.

What you described doesn't fall into CIS, I think. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Placidity
Not necessarily.

The way I understand CIS, is that some characters are limited due to their own stupidity even though they could be more powerful given their powerset.

What you described doesn't fall into CIS, I think. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

CIS off means, in a nutshell, you can basically dictate what they do with their power sets. At least that's how it was explained to me.

Placidity
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
CIS off means, in a nutshell, you can basically dictate what they do with their power sets. At least that's how it was explained to me.

Yes, but if the character is written to be insane or unstable, or unable to control their powers, then nothing would change.

It's not because they were stupid that they couldn't before.

Lord Feron
^ Interesting point. With crazy people especially in Sentry's case where he doesn't really know what he is able to do. I mean yeah sure he could operate at MM destroying levels but he is still mentally unstable and would never want someone that powerful and that unstable around me or anyone else.

The Nuul
I just want normal Sentry to sundip supes.

tideoftime
Originally posted by Placidity
Not necessarily.

I know how CIS applies around here, both the listed definition and the occasional "amendments" by Mods. I was simply making that statement to mean that (for example), while Wanda would still probably be batsh!t crazy if she were in uber-mode (and therefore not "dependable"wink, Sentry might be in a better mental state to not second-guess himself on a regular basis, contextually speaking, if his CIS were off; with Jean (as Phoenix), it would indicate that (although a bit nutty herself), she would be essentially working with the team, as opposed to trying devour the sun for breakfast... (well, at least until she decides everyone else is "optional"...).

All characters, regardless of written intellect/understanding, can fall prey to relative instances of CIS -- that's why it is usually clarified in a given post as being on/off, even when the combatants in question are not generally known for being stupid/unintelligent/prone to making foolish mistakes. Same with PIS; for all our joking about Batman and the Batkick, much/most of what Bruce gets away with in the comics is due to PIS on "reality's" part -- even by comic standards, he gets away with some serious sh!t that nobody else gets away with. (Yeah, I know I am stating the obvious; just clarifying my statement).

chomperx9
1 phoenix
2 superman
3 hal jordan
4 xavier
5 thor
6 magneto
7 hercules

Konton
1. Thor (blah blah)
2. Jean (Phoenix is a trump card)
3. Wally (Imagine this team aided by the Speed Force...)
4. Zatanna (Huge mystical threat.)
5. Iceman (Assuming this is full potential, he can't die.)
6. Martian Manhunter (Couldn't decide between Kal and Prof. X.)
7. Wonder Woman (Equipment, skills, and wisdom)

Warlord
Originally posted by The Nuul
I just want normal Sentry to sundip supes.

that would be the case if his energies were solar.
I don't think this is the true

khazra
1. Iron Man (extremis)
Dont get why batman is making it into teams when stark has better prep and is more viable in a standard fight.

2. Superman
Big Blue consistantly has the feats etc to make him a major threat to anyone. Also has prep options

3. Thor
See above plus energy manipulation.

4. Magnteo
Pretty powerful, makes short work of anyone trying to out prep stark.

5. Sentry
My go to guy for the nasty work others wont do. he's reasonably happy to kill etc and unlike wolvie has the speed & flight to get ther and do it.

6. Martian Manhunter
Chuck vs J'onn is debatable teleptahically but when the whole powersets are considered MM leaves him in the dust. Dont want phoenix because shes unreliable.

7. Hal Jordan
Creative, independant & powerful.

I wanted to avoid the less consistant deus ex characters in favor of steady powerhouses.

I was tempted by WWH but felt that the entire team ebing airbound was an important factor.

Again, characters like iceman are powerful but arent great working alone whilst evryone here is independantly capable whilst being able to work oon a team too.

There are regular team members i would of like as options (eg Vision) who would of made it on this team too.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
So CIS off=the character in question now possesses Batman's cunning and skill?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Omega Vision
So CIS off=the character in question now possesses Batman's cunning and skill?

I wouldn't go that far, but with CIS off, anything a character has been shown or proven able to do, they can do it, even if they wouldn't be likely to do it.

khazra
i read it as them being competent but not to the level of PiS feats. So whilst thor will now do more than just hit things with a hammer, he wont be timestopping and godblasting every second of the fight either (though he may occasionally use these tactics).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.