pocket universe

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
is it true that there is a poket universe the size of an atom?
like if someone shrunk to that size(even though its not possible)
if they shrink to the size smaller than an atom you find your self in a pocket universe?

King Kandy
...why is this in philosophy? And as far as I can tell this only science fiction.

inimalist
no, this is not true

Symmetric Chaos
There was an old philosophical argument (but not a scientific one) that said each atom was a miniature solar system with the nucleus as a star and the electrons as planets. That was trivial to disprove at the time and total gibberish now.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
There was an old philosophical argument (but not a scientific one) that said each atom was a miniature solar system with the nucleus as a star and the electrons as planets. That was trivial to disprove at the time and total gibberish now.

That idea showed up in Animal House during the "smoke weed with the professor" scene.

Mindship

Digi
Big C, weren't you purporting to be studying physics in college just a few days ago over in the religion forum? Or am I thinking of someone else?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Digi
Big C, weren't you purporting to be studying physics in college just a few days ago over in the religion forum? Or am I thinking of someone else?

He claims to be an astronomy student but also thinks that each galaxy was created in its own Big Bang . . .

Colossus-Big C
Big C, weren't you purporting to be studying physics in college just a few days ago over in the religion forum? Or am I thinking of someone else? yea it was me, this is my second month in the course we hardly got into anything yet really.....

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
He claims to be an astronomy student but also thinks that each galaxy was created in its own Big Bang . . . i was actually talking about universes each having a big bang

King Kandy
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
yea it was me, this is my second month in the course we hardly got into anything yet really.....
lol then maybe you shouldn't act like it gives you credentials...

Mindship
i was actually talking about universes each having a big bang chaotic inflation?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaotic_inflation

smokin'

Digi
Originally posted by Mindship
chaotic inflation?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaotic_inflation

smokin'

Yes, yes. He was talking about exactly this all along.

All. Along.

uhuh

Mindship
Yes, yes. He was talking about exactly this all along.

All. Along.

uhuh ...and then he was gone.

Chaotic deflation, perhaps.

Shakyamunison
is it true that there is a poket universe the size of an atom?
like if someone shrunk to that size(even though its not possible)
if they shrink to the size smaller than an atom you find your self in a pocket universe?

Yes, this one! cool

inimalist
(I can't believe I missed this until now...)

Is that a universe in your pocket....?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.