Are There Any Internet TV Software Programs That Works

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

meakerseeker
I'm living overseas & would like to watch tv
from around the world on my computer.

Are there any reliable software programs that
work & are not a scam that I can use to do this.

Bardock42
Originally posted by meakerseeker
I'm living overseas & would like to watch tv
from around the world on my computer.

Are there any reliable software programs that
work & are not a scam that I can use to do this.

Sadly there's nothing particularly good in that area. There are decent services for national television in most western countries as far as I know, but a lot of Online TV is limited to their own national audience. You could perhaps do something with proxy servers.

I am not sure if the army bases in Europe have American television, perhaps you could look into that and if they do see how, I could imagine that you could get foreign television through sattelite.

Symmetric Chaos
MediaPlayerClassic will let you play any sort of media. Then you go out and purchase the shows you want by mail or a nearby store. et voila

Bardock42
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
MediaPlayerClassic will let you play any sort of media. Then you go out and purchase the shows you want by mail or a nearby store. et voila

I don't know, I always thought that paying 30 bucks for something that other people can get for free (subsidized by advertisement) based on location is a bit much. If you can even get the shows where you live, or at all.

What do you pay for cable in the US? I think I'd be willing to pay a decent amount for good online television, I do think my location and time (possibly age, interests and gender as well) based viewing should be worth at least as much to advertisers as the random, unsure viewers they get now.

BruceSkywalker
facpalm

you have the same subject is in the tv forum...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f36/t523933.html

jaden101
Youtube does shows now...Tend to be older ones but it's still pretty decent. Not sure if it'll simply be a case of using a proxy server, deleting any cookies from youtube and then changing the country you say you are from and you'd get access to other country's tv shows. So far i've only watched UK shows anyway.

Red Nemesis
Hulu?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Bardock42
I don't know, I always thought that paying 30 bucks for something that other people can get for free (subsidized by advertisement) based on location is a bit much. If you can even get the shows where you live, or at all.

What do you pay for cable in the US? I think I'd be willing to pay a decent amount for good online television, I do think my location and time (possibly age, interests and gender as well) based viewing should be worth at least as much to advertisers as the random, unsure viewers they get now.

What you're paying for is partially the ability to watched the episode you want, when you want, where you want, without commercials. TV doesn't give you that option (at least not where I live).

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
Hulu?

hulu is going to be charging soon

Bardock42
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
What you're paying for is partially the ability to watched the episode you want, when you want, where you want, without commercials. TV doesn't give you that option (at least not where I live).
Perhaps, is not worth the 29 bucks extra to me, so I don't.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
Hulu? Doesn't work without proxy. And even with that bad at best.

RocasAtoll
Try Blinkx.com and watchmovies.com. Their streaming from a database though.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
hulu is going to be charging soon

nooooo!!!!

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
nooooo!!!!

my feeling exactly

LanceWindu
Just download the episodes you want to watch.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by LanceWindu
Just download the episodes you want to watch.

GASP!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.