Batdude's Match #5: Leonidas/Galan007 vs. Kris Blaze/KM

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

batdude123
Team Leonidas/Galan007:

Thor: Leo
Nate Grey: Both
Walter West: Galan

vs.

Team KM/Kris Blaze:

Shaman/Talisman II: KM
Loki: Kris Blaze
Captain Comet: Both

The battle will take place on Europa with a breathable atmosphere.

Prep Time:
- Each team will have access to a "team lounge" measuring 15x15 meters with a couple of couches, satellite tv, refrigerator, washroom, and an assortment of snacks and drinks for 5 minutes prior to each fight where they can use their prep time. . No extending of that prep time via any means (ie speed force or time manipulation).

Here's a link to the rules of the tourney:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t522335.html

Judges:

TBA

batdude123
Team Leo/Galan's opening post:

batdude123
Team KM/Kris Blaze's opening post Part I:

batdude123
Team KM/Kris Blaze's prep post Part II:

Digi
I haven't been contacted, so I assume I'm not a judge for this. I'll be reading it regardless, though, as it should be a good match. Good luck to both sides.

-K-M-
Unofficial post, sorry just to clarrify the battle is on Mars not Europa (that was our last battle).

batdude123
^ What he said.

Kris Blaze

batdude123

Kris Blaze

batdude123

leonidas

leonidas

Kris Blaze

leonidas
uh-oh . . . . going with the "well, he's REALLY trying this time" defense, eh? never a great strategy. erm

all loki did was run around and distract surtur in that battle. the point is, loki was too drained to continue the battle, tried to run and was casually shot from the sky.

wut? not sure where this healing instance comes from. i thought the scan would show it but it really shows . . . nothing? loki fighting a mortal thor? physically?? irrelevent i'm afraid since it's the use of magic that drains him . . .

as for the other scans showing him using multiple spells--come on . . .

first, you've SKIPPED some! so we don't even know for sure how much time those series of scans are stretched over! one thing is for DAMN sure--it wasn't 5 minutes! and even if it were, you're STILL having him do more in this battle!

next, he didn't "create the chains!" the hell? he used some herbs to spy on thor and SAW HIM ALREADY IN CHAINS!

also, in none of those feats was he pouring power into anything--no amping, or granting of power. nothing you showed comes CLOSE to comparing with what you want him to do IN 5 MINUTES.

nice golden age drivel though.

a close call? nate's mind was designed to destroy WORLDS.

http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/2138/hr17ct2.jpg

his TP has gathered fragments of a broken mind from across the MULTIVERSE.

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/8250/16gk0.jpg
http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/2830/18iy6.jpg

close? i don't really think it was very close. even assuming comet MIGHT match him, it would take all his focus, rendering him useless and defenseless against either thor or walter whose speed would remain undiminshed as nate would balance comet's attack out.

lol serves to FURTHER burn out loki's power reserves!

no. i asked about the DUST's range. still haven't seen a scan showing its area of effect. doesn't matter anyway. why?

first, before you CAN cast it, you're tk frozen.

secondly, thor negates it even if it IS cast!

finally--were we actually INSIDE your forcefield with you, maybe THEN we'd be worried! lol you guys are really good at doing our job FOR US! first loki casts the death globes INSIDE the forcefield/adamantium--now talisman puts loki to sleep because HE casts a spell INSIDE the forcefield/adamantium! sound strategy gents. good thing for you at least that there is no proof loki CAN create adamantium! lol

oh, and one last thing--the dust wouldn't bother nate anyway who has become immune to, well, damn near everything . . .

http://s663.photobucket.com/albums/uu355/ankur29/?action=view&current=Dark_X-Men_03_0012-1.jpg

no . . . it sounds ludicrous. let's say for one nano-second anyone actually BELIEVES this magnetic wooden viking disaster--when mjonir was attracted to it, what exactly do you think would happen to your viking once mjolnir hit it?? you're still laboring under the idea loki could somehow grant this thing all these uber abilities AFTER performing all those other spells! never happen.

and recall: MJOLNIR IS SPINNING AROUND CANCELLING MAGICAL ENERGY IN THE BATTLEFIELD!

really? scans of him creating this adamantium-coated team?? the avengers statues you are referencing ALREADY existed! loki just brought them to life. he's NEVER created adamantium. your claim is entirely misleading and does not--IN ANY WAY AT ALL--support the idea he can whip up adamantium at will.

really? i've my thoughts on this issue. PROVE ss was depowered when loki amped him. good luck with that. and if he was as weak as you claim, that's really BAD NEWS for you, since that 'weakened version' matched loki power level-for-power level! assuming you're right it doesn't say much for loki. and the boost STILL wasn't enough to push him past thor. and our thor is more than 10x as powerful!

what the scan shows is that he CAN take away what he WANTED to take away. and that power stemmed from a being who is beyond a skyfather. that he retained his strength is irrelevent.

lol

yeah, you're proof that he gets 'dumb' all of a sudden is what exactly? because he wanted to beat adam to death with his HANDS? please. he doesn't become an animal. he gets to the field, throws his hammer. hardly quantum physics . . .

lulz? setting aside for a moment his overall BURNED OUT USELESSNESS in this battle, loki (on top of everything else he's done) is now going to do something like absorb ambient telekinetic energy from the air? blink kidding, yes? i'm sure you've proof to support that idea . . .?

proof?

"anything"? you gotta stop saying things like that. is the pouch going to absorb telekinetic energy too? lol

negated by mjolnir or pummelled to rubble by thor and walter. do you realize how STRONG this version of thor would be?? a po'd thor--as a FROG--already effortlessly smashed through loki's forcefields and had loki scared out of his mind!

and the superpowered threnody. less reasonable than your scan merely SLOWING DOWN some NORMAL HUMANS and claiming you can slow down a flash with cl100 strength and a wm thor amped with PSIONIC ARMOR?? come on now.

oh, and this was CABLE's reaction to that freeze:

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/413/cable03011.jpg

AWESTRUCK. and i don't have to tell anyone that cable knows something about psi power.

he built the armors which i proved he doesn't need to concentrate on so they are meaningless. while the armor existed i showed him restructuring matter. he is also shielding our minds and has a shield. once he sees what is happening, we have him tk freeze everything. hell, REGULAR nate could do those things, forget about the shaman we drafted! see, we know exactly how bad it looks when you stretch a character too thin and have him try and do too much at once. smile

honestly--i can guarantee no one buys this--we have flash-level perceptual abilities. we can see, react and battle in hyperspeeds. hell, WITHOUT shared speed nate himself is capable of moving in PLANCK TIME (that's really REALLY small increments of time . . .)

http://s663.photobucket.com/albums/uu355/ankur29/?action=view&current=Dark_X-Men_03_0016-1.jpg

and with his over "300 ways of seeing" we'll know what you do BEFORE you do!

our speed advanatge over you guys is overwhelming and inescapeable.

so you have a scan that shows thor can't override this spirit? cuz i've only ever seen ZEUS counter thor's control. regardless, thor could at LEAST counterbalance it again, negating the attack. though mjolnir's negation would keep the spirit from being summoned anyway (though why summoning a spirit is legal, i've no idea . . .)

loki=useless. scans showing multiple pouches?

proof of flash-level combat speeds?

lol

bats dodges lasers. bats>lightspeed? trying to attribute lightspeed combat and reactions speeds to loki is about the most ridiculous thing i've seen in this match--i mean it's no magnetic wooden viking, but it IS close . . .

your forcefields are negated. if not, we just wait for you to come out of hiding (if you're still alive in there! note judges--no further mention of 'death globes . . . lol) or pummel them to nothingness. oh, and immune to physical attacks, are you . . .?

http://img69.imageshack.us/i/shamanchop.jpg/

heh

sure, over lengthy periods of time. NEVER in the quantity and of the magnitude you're trying to pass off.

we said he throws it away. no expression

so, yeah. thanks to a comedy of errors and an exhausted loki, due to being simply overpowered and far too slow, due to the fact that we have logically countered every single one of their attacks, we win this rather handily. smile

Galan007

-K-M-

Galan007

-K-M-

-K-M-

Kris Blaze

leonidas

Galan007

leonidas

-K-M-

-K-M-

leonidas
quickie and likely my last post--

note judges--MORE ELIZABETH SCANS. and his defense? well somewhere, in some handbook or some narration, it SAYS he has all her powers. sweet. masterson had thor's hammer and IT had all it's powers too. guess i could use thor's feats for masterson. a rookie's gl ring is as powerful as hal's ring so i could use hal for a rookie. i really hope everyone can see how preposterous what he's doing really is. he wanted the pouch AND the talisman. couldn't do it with liz so drafted a featless michael and used liz's feats as support. that cannot be considered viable.

--show the creation of the second pouch then please. how was it done?

--comet STILL has no speed feats at all, and loki's amps are small. they Have ZERO counter to our speed, hnce we dictate how the match goes.

--love how he critcizes the part where nate says he has power to destroy a planet (backed up by others) but then wants everyone to accept comet's statement that he is fast as flash. lol? hypocritical much?

--we need 'blood of the arctic gods' to pull off the talisman? LOL nice speculation but a load of BS. i read that issue and NOWHERE does it say that you need to specifically have the 'arctic god blood' in you to pull off the talisman. thor blitzes and rips the thing off and the fight is over.

--again, no counter to our speed, not enough power to crack our armors or hurt a thor who feels no pain. nate can counter any psi attack, freeze them, mentally drain them from the outset, all depending on what they do

--and if it's so easy for magicians to cast from behind all-encompassing shields, SHOW A SCAN! they were surrounded by not only their OWN shields, but also all THREE shields! makes a LOT of sense to think all their spells would penetrate all THREE levels of shield. hell, why put them up!? if they can get through, the hell is stopping US?? not to mention their lol adamantium. fact is--they blundered and didn't consider this fact. their screwed from the outset.

-K-M-

Kris Blaze

Galan007

Kris Blaze

leonidas

-K-M-
===
Page #1
1. Leo-Jan 26th, 2010 10:09 PM
2. Leo-Jan 26th, 2010 10:09 PM
3. Leo-Jan 27th, 2010 10:32 PM
4. Galan-Jan 30th, 2010 03:08 PM
5. Galan-Jan 30th, 2010 07:13 PM

Page #2
6. Leo-Yesterday 08:04 PM
7. Galan-Yesterday 08:21 PM
8. Leo-Yesterday 08:55 PM
9. Leo-Today 07:38 AM
10. Galan-Today 01:56 PM
11. Leo-Today 04:50 PM

Honest mistake as you didn't number your posts.

leonidas
@#!$%

-K-M-
Originally posted by leonidas
@#!$%

We still love ya

leonidas
embarrasment sorry. wasn't trying to be sneaky. you don't waste 40mins tryng to be sneaky. i'm just dumb. sad

-K-M-
No I know, I knew it was an honest mistake.

leonidas
thanks. btw, your sig freaked me out the whole match. no expression

batdude123
Mission accomplished, KM.

He knew what he was doing.

-K-M-
Ain't I a stinker?
http://www.allamericanblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/stinker.jpg

rotiart
I'm working on a post at home to sum up my thoughts. I expect to have it in tonight most likely or tomorrow night at the lastest. I'm actually racking my head against the wall thinking about the posts and how I see the outcome.

Jesus I worked on your tourney for like 3-4 hours last night and I'm still thinking about it the next day here at work

-K-M-
Then both teams did a job well done thumb up

But to help, just vote -K-M- shifty

Digi
This b*tch over? Give me until tomorrow. I'll vote then.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Digi
This b*tch over? Give me until tomorrow. I'll vote then.
No, Bada still has a little bit life left in him biscuits

rotiart
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
No, Bada still has a little bit life left in him biscuits

??? This thread is over...What life are you talking about bringing up the baba?

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by rotiart
??? This thread is over...What life are you talking about bringing up the baba?
I'm just joking with Badabing.

The thread is done and over. Sorry for the confusion smile

rotiart
fixed

rotiart

Starscream M

rotiart
Starscream... I'm gonna throw you out the side of astrotrain

and I don't expect my vote to go down well with everyone. But if anyone would like to explain why my votes were wong... I suggest pming Kahn and batdude for choosing me as a judge... In fact I say spam them for the heck of it :-P

I'm kidding please don't spam them

batdude123
Well, this is kinda awkward. Kris has been permanently banned, so I don't see how him and KM can win this thing...

Galan007
^ Yeah he went on quite a rant in the comic books forum. Surprised he got a perma-ban out of it though.

xJLxKing
Someone should take his place

Original Smurph
Judges should still vote though... at least for the sake of feedback.

King Kandy
Maybe KM can get a replacement partner? If he found someone, I wouldn't object.

"Id"
I think the best option for now, is to let the competitors rest, while the judges look over the matches. Once the winners are declared, if K-M is still in the game, I am sure Khan/Bats can work out a means to solve this dilemma.

King Kandy
Yeah, regardless of the ban I think at least the judging on this match should finish normally. After all part of the advantage of having teams is in case of things like this.

rotiart
How about we let the judges vote. If km/ kris win then maybe one of the losers of the other/earlier rounds can switch up with km...

Tbh I hope kris doesn't get a ban... It's a little ridiculous.,,

leonidas
so, anyone else plan on voting on this match . . .? confused

-K-M-
Patience.

leonidas
suck up. no expression

stick out tongue

Bentley
Not every judge can be as efficient as me.

stick out tongue

rotiart
Originally posted by Bentley
Not every judge can be as efficient as me.

stick out tongue

mad

Bentley
Ok, I flipped through this match a couple of times, and maybe I got up in the unbeliever side of the bed this morning but I had a hard time to buy many things that were proposed in this match. However, I'll be concise when voting simply because there is not much to highlight that hasn't been somewhat addressed before. Here my short-reasoning:

The simplest prep proved to be the best this time, KM and Blaze did good in dividing shores between characters, but it still came out kind of heavy from Loki's side, also they got messy while misinterpreting some feats and Leo did the right argument saying Loki would be tired. Now, K and K DID backed Loki's stamina with scans (good job guys) but to make worthy shields, worthy invisibility, worthy boosts and a worthy wood giants in just five minutes, Loki WILL be tired. A mirror situation came on when the battle starts and team L/G tried to make up for their team lack of flexibility: Nate is detecting ambient energies, seeing through illusions, contracting against Comet's telepathy, guiding Warrior Madness Thor (who has to be guided if you want him to pull the fancy tricks you wrote in your opening post) and holding shields and armor for himself. Speed help to do this multitasking, but I find it naive to think he would do it all without any trouble. WM Thor is a gamble because suddenly the magnetic wood giant becomes a big factor. If WM Thor throws his hammer and I believe team K and K, no spell would be dissipated and suddenly all your battle plan depends on Nate: That was the gamble, you make Thor enter WM and suddenly Nate has to do everything, which seemed to be your plan. Nate won't beat three heralds by himself (if Nate falls intangible Loki may as well solo the team).

Shush is illegal. TK freezing is not because movement can oppose that tactic. Shaman needs to throw things from his pouch so the whole discussion about getting things out of the tk shield seems valid, Loki doesn't, but Shaman can be considered handicapped for the time being. About the Flash momentum thing, maybe Walter can scape it, but the others won't. Actually, an uber fast WM Thor may as well be crappy using his speed.

Now, into the ratings:

Originality

Kris Blaze/KM: 2/5
Leo/Galan: 1/5

Other than having a giant-wood magnetic fighter in one side of the field both plans were rather basic. Empower, mesh, boost somehow, mindlink/experience share. One plan was totally over the top and complicated and the other as basic as they come.

Effectiveness

KB/KM: 1/5
Leo/Galan: 1/5

Nor one nor the other seemed rather effective. WM Thor antics and depending on speed and Nate may have sounded like a good plan, but magnetic wood and characters that get empowered by magic aren't the right enemies to use such tactic. The throwing bauble and the giant weren't particularly tailor made for the battle either, the whole force field deal was iffy. All in all, the plan stumbled on one another.

Debating

KB/KM: 5/10
Leo/Galan: 7/10

Leo and Galan showed their experience countering points, discarding scans and deciding the pace of the debate. To me this was the big deciding factor. KB and KM held their ground, questioned the WM strategy, Walter super speed and Nate's overall power. But there were many missed opportunities and they overdid it with Loki, they could've easily made their plan more consistent but they didn't.

I don't know if I missed something essential. I vote Leo and Galan but it could have been different under other circumstances, so don't get overconfident because your plan was as boring as they come big grin .

Good job to KM and KB, I was impressed by you, you just need to predict your opponents and stick to simpler plans and you're on your way to take on big names.

Nice match, good game!

leonidas
i'm not one for plans so the originality thing is meh. as i said in the discussion thread--there was a time long, complex preps were the in thing, that time seems to have passed. anyway, thanks for the break down and the timely vote. smile

illadelph12
Delph's Vote:

First off I want to apologize for the delays.

As for my judgment, Very interesting match. KM and KB had a very creative plan (for a change) but it might possibly be to their detriment given time a legality restraints. As stated by Leo and Galan, time manipulation is banned, and that puts a lot of tactics into the gray area. The temporal pouch is likely illegal because it requires retrieving a time displaced copy (displaced, as in, not from your native time). The scan of Captain Comet's slow down clearly states "And twelve time-slowed minutes later..." in the narration so it's also a legal gray area (was it a telekinetic feat or time altering as the narration alludes to?), and we also have the infamous "shush" which I really don't know what to call.

On the flipside, speed most certainly kills, and I didn't see anything that made me believe both teams would be operating on the same level speed-wise, which is truly a shame because given the lack of a speed cap and proper drafting, battles can be won or lost by slight miscalculations in prep within the opening moments of battle, which is basically what happened here. Leo and Galan would be operating at an extremely faster pace, and since the opening attack of KM/Mungi entails casting out a wind driven projectile coupled with Comet's "slow down" (which would likely slow down the spread of the dust as well), it could likely be evaded, negated or halted given said speed advantage, and it's more likely than not that Leo & Galan would be determining all future terms of combat from that point forward with their speed advantage, even with KM/KB's intangibility.

Vote: Leo & Kahn

Now for the point allotments.

Originality:

Leo/Kahn 2/5
KB/KM 4.25/5

Kris and Mungi had a very creative plan. I liked pretty much everything they did (legality be damned). If they'd had a means to even the speed gap for the entire team it could likely have given them the advantage. It's a shame the Wooden Viking didn't play a bigger role. That was dope. With the speed advantage he can pretty much be ignored by Leo/Kahn's team.

Leo and Kahn stuck with the meat and potatoes kind of tactics. Simple but sufficient.

Effectiveness:

Leo/Kahn 4/5
KB/KM 2/5

Another match which had some heated exchanges, but both teams held their own. A couple rule infractions and ambiguities didn't help. Too bad they weren't caught beforehand upon submission to Batdude/Khan so they could be fixed before the battle.

Debating Skill:

Leo/Kahn 3/5
KB/KM 3/5

Organization against experience. A very hotly contested match, but in the end Leo/Kahn had the advantage that Mungi/Kris couldn't contend with:

Speed.

Good match.

leonidas
cool. congrats, kahn. laughing out loud

-K-M-
Congrats to Leo and Galan, good luck in the finals guys. I wish you the best.

Bentley
Originally posted by leonidas
cool. congrats, kahn. laughing out loud

Khan did most of the work for you uhuh

leonidas
Originally posted by Bentley
Khan did most of the work for you uhuh

no expression

and thanks KM. i had a good time during that match. sorry again for the way it started. hopefully you both know it certainly was never personal.

-K-M-
Its all good as the match turned into what I expected and couldn't be happier. Once again good luck you guys, you earned this

"Id"

King Kandy
Originally posted by illadelph12
Delph's Vote:

First off I want to apologize for the delays.

As for my judgment, Very interesting match. KM and KB had a very creative plan (for a change) but it might possibly be to their detriment given time a legality restraints. As stated by Leo and Galan, time manipulation is banned, and that puts a lot of tactics into the gray area. The temporal pouch is likely illegal because it requires retrieving a time displaced copy (displaced, as in, not from your native time). The scan of Captain Comet's slow down clearly states "And twelve time-slowed minutes later..." in the narration so it's also a legal gray area (was it a telekinetic feat or time altering as the narration alludes to?), and we also have the infamous "shush" which I really don't know what to call.

On the flipside, speed most certainly kills, and I didn't see anything that made me believe both teams would be operating on the same level speed-wise, which is truly a shame because given the lack of a speed cap and proper drafting, battles can be won or lost by slight miscalculations in prep within the opening moments of battle, which is basically what happened here. Leo and Galan would be operating at an extremely faster pace, and since the opening attack of KM/Mungi entails casting out a wind driven projectile coupled with Comet's "slow down" (which would likely slow down the spread of the dust as well), it could likely be evaded, negated or halted given said speed advantage, and it's more likely than not that Leo & Galan would be determining all future terms of combat from that point forward with their speed advantage, even with KM/KB's intangibility.

Vote: Leo & Kahn

Now for the point allotments.

Originality:

Leo/Kahn 2/5
KB/KM 4.25/5

Kris and Mungi had a very creative plan. I liked pretty much everything they did (legality be damned). If they'd had a means to even the speed gap for the entire team it could likely have given them the advantage. It's a shame the Wooden Viking didn't play a bigger role. That was dope. With the speed advantage he can pretty much be ignored by Leo/Kahn's team.

Leo and Kahn stuck with the meat and potatoes kind of tactics. Simple but sufficient.

Effectiveness:

Leo/Kahn 4/5
KB/KM 2/5

Another match which had some heated exchanges, but both teams held their own. A couple rule infractions and ambiguities didn't help. Too bad they weren't caught beforehand upon submission to Batdude/Khan so they could be fixed before the battle.

Debating Skill:

Leo/Kahn 3/5
KB/KM 3/5

Organization against experience. A very hotly contested match, but in the end Leo/Kahn had the advantage that Mungi/Kris couldn't contend with:

Speed.

Good match.

What's funny is that Leo won the vote, but KB/KM have more points in the spread...

-K-M-
Originally posted by King Kandy
What's funny is that Leo won the vote, but KB/KM have more points in the spread...

Sssssh....we don't need anymore drama stick out tongue

As I mentioned in the main thread, not sure why judges banned things that were ok'ed by Batdude and Khan.

leonidas

that's not hard to believe at all. our originality is very low. if everything else was very close, we'd naturally lose on points. originality is pretty meaningless anyway.

Digi
Congrats to the winners, and I apologize for my role in the delay. I hadn't yet gone through the match when the Kris situation came up. And while I trust myself to be fair, the matter was contentious among a lot of people, and I didn't want to compromise the tourney with my position as a mod. As such, I stepped down as a judge. I'll be back up and judging next round though, if needed.

illadelph12
laughing

My bad. Leo and Kahn teamed up in a different tourney and I mixed up the names.

Congrats Leo and Khellendros. stick out tongue

Digi
lmao, Khell...

Original Smurph
What's funny is that Leo won the vote, but KB/KM have more points in the spread... Haha, same thing happened in the match between Me/Jake and Goob/BW.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.