Imperiex Probe vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Nuul
Who wins?

xJLxKing
Thanos

Q99
Thanos. Imperiax Probes were tough fights for top-tiers until they figured out how to deal with them, then the top-tiers were able to take them down pretty well.

You'd need a group of them to be a major threat to Thanos.

Kris Blaze
The probes are essentially Thanos-lite.

Priest
Thanos should handle a few fairly easily

h1a8
I disagree. I probe could cause Thanos some serious trouble.

Desaad
No way. Superman was tearing through them like tissue paper.

Thanos owns.

h1a8
Superman is far stronger than Thanos when unleashed. DD was tearing through them like tissue paper, Superman not quite.

psycho gundam
not this shit again facepalm

Desaad
I am going to assume this is a joke, and ignore you from here on out.

Imperiex probes are weak.

h1a8
Originally posted by Desaad

No they aren't. Probes>>>> Than most D.C. top tiers easily. WTH are you talking about.

shokosugi
2 Imperiex Probes > Thanos

JakeTheBank
Thanos can take at least several before being overwhelmed.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by h1a8
Superman is far stronger than Thanos when unleashed.

B.S.

Thanos would spank 3 of them. And I'm talking about Superman.

King Kandy
iirc, Aquaman alone killed an Imperiex Probe.

-K-M-
Originally posted by King Kandy
iirc, Aquaman alone killed an Imperiex Probe.

Context.

Mindset
Aquaman was wearing a speedo?

-K-M-
Damn you, no matter what I say next people will picture the speedo.

Q99
No they aren't. Probes>>>> Than most D.C. top tiers easily. WTH are you talking about.

Noo... Doomsday and Superman working together handled 4-5 in short order, and Superman killed one solo before that. Diana killed 1 or 2 in their first encounter with the league (really, I'm not sure, multiple attacked but the art is hard to follow. If two, then one was a group effort). Aquaman killed one with the Trident of Poseidon. One was killed by General Lane's atomic tank + Black Lightning.

One of the biggest problems was the backlash when they went, which tended to cause the lion's share of the damage.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by -K-M-
Damn you, no matter what I say next people will picture the speedo.

Your avatar roxx

-K-M-
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Your avatar roxx

Ill sell it to you for $75, oh and didn't you already tell me that?

Bouboumaster
Ill sell it to you for $75, oh and didn't you already tell me that?

Probably: I can't do nothing but admire the pure awesomness of The Mighty Lord Bruce Campbell

-K-M-
Probably: I can't do nothing but admire the pure awesomness of The Mighty Lord Bruce Campbell

Their making more Bubba Ho-Teps, but Campbell wont be in anymore sad

Bouboumaster
Their making more Bubba Ho-Teps, but Campbell wont be in anymore sad

Yeah, I heard that they want to use a new Elvis for each movies. I love that concept ^^

Have you seen "My Name Is Bruce"?

-K-M-
Only parts, I had to leave 20 minutes into the movie as I was going to be late for work.

Bouboumaster
Only parts, I had to leave 20 minutes into the movie as I was going to be late for work.

There was some funny part in it, but with the preview, I was hoping something... different.

-K-M-
There was some funny part in it, but with the preview, I was hoping something... different.

I was disapointed with his "Man with the Screaming Brain" and "Alien Apocalypse" movies.

Apparently their making a sequel to Evil Dead (no longer a remake)

Batman-Prime
The imperiex Probes aren't all equally powerful. Some were Team wreckers capable of defeating the entire JLA (incl. MM, Flash, Kyle etc.), or Zod and his buddies. The most powerful of those Probes should be able to defeat Thanos 6-7/10 times, while the weakest would probably need at least 3-4 to defeat the Titan.

Mshinu
Thanos Pimp Hands the probe`s head clean off

starlock
Thanos wins

Bentley
Thanos shoots a beam to Imperiex and sends him flying. biscuits

quanchi112
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
The imperiex Probes aren't all equally powerful. Some were Team wreckers capable of defeating the entire JLA (incl. MM, Flash, Kyle etc.), or Zod and his buddies. The most powerful of those Probes should be able to defeat Thanos 6-7/10 times, while the weakest would probably need at least 3-4 to defeat the Titan. This post proves you don't know who Thanos is.

Q99
The imperiex Probes aren't all equally powerful. Some were Team wreckers capable of defeating the entire JLA (incl. MM, Flash, Kyle etc.), or Zod and his buddies. The most powerful of those Probes should be able to defeat Thanos 6-7/10 times, while the weakest would probably need at least 3-4 to defeat the Titan.

I'll note that the one who attacked the JLA lost, and I think it had a buddy with it. It was strong for a probe, but part of it was surprise, the JLA wasn't expecting that much power, and once WW got into melee with it she cracked it open.

Philosophía
Co-sign.

Kris Blaze
lmfao @ people implying that Thanos would not dance through earth's military and Zod. I'd be highly surprised if Thanos could not eliminate a country with an energy blast, let alone blast through tank and shitty earth-technology. Furthermore, we notice how quickly the JSA's durability and ability to work as a team drops when a writer tries to hype up a foe. Just like how Wonder Woman isn't ACTUALLY better than Flash, John Stewart and Firestorm simply because she performed better against Konvikt.

Lesser names taking a dive so that the greater ones can shine is nothing new. It certainly wasn't in 2001 and isn't today.

Q99
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
lmfao @ people implying that Thanos would not dance through earth's military and Zod. I'd be highly surprised if Thanos could not eliminate a country with an energy blast, let alone blast through tank and shitty earth-technology. Furthermore, we notice how quickly the JSA's durability and ability to work as a team drops when a writer tries to hype up a foe. Just like how Wonder Woman isn't ACTUALLY better than Flash, John Stewart and Firestorm simply because she performed better against Konvikt.

Also, the JLA's performance tends to drop when offscreen smile We didn't actually see most of the fight against the probe.

Kris Blaze
This is true.

Looked like J'onn was floored by his own failed telepathy. Which fails like 80% of the time.

carver9
Thanos vs 12 probes. Thanos 10/10 without breaking a sweat. Their armor was weak and thanos have the tools to one blast them at any time.

Q99
Originally posted by carver9
Thanos vs 12 probes. Thanos 10/10 without breaking a sweat. Their armor was weak and thanos have the tools to one blast them at any time.

Nah, I think 12 could beat him. Remember, not only does he have to kill each one, but each time he gets hit by a powerful backblast. The exploding probes caused at least as much damage as actually fighting them did.

If I was Imperiax, I'd send 6 if I wanted a chance, and 12 if I wanted to be certain.

Batman-Prime
If I was imperiex i would send either 1 of the most powerful or 3-4 of the average ones.

Oh and I would redesign my costume sneer

carver9
Originally posted by Q99
Nah, I think 12 could beat him. Remember, not only does he have to kill each one, but each time he gets hit by a powerful backblast. The exploding probes caused at least as much damage as actually fighting them did.

If I was Imperiax, I'd send 6 if I wanted a chance, and 12 if I wanted to be certain.

The exploding blast didnt seem all the powerful if you ask me (from when the shell was cracked).

Lets not even name some of the things that cracked the shell and Thanos has the tools to do that easily.

The probes was nothing more than just a nuicance if you ask me and thanos should be able to withstand attacks from them..

The only interesting probe that I seen was the one that mongul and Supes fought in space that was building that machine to destroy earth and even then, I could see thanos crushing that one.

Q99
The exploding blast didnt seem all the powerful if you ask me (from when the shell was cracked).

It caused significant injury to Wonder Woman and Superman (more-so to WW since she was right on it when it happened, but Clark looked covered in burns too iirc). Killed Hippolyta in armor. Superman learned to use his heat vision to weld the armor whenever he attacked in close because otherwise it'd be too dangerous.

Yea, but that's not necessarily a good thing is what I'm saying. They have good firepower, and if you take one out, bam, a blast that causes significant injury to top-tiers in your face.

They did take down Kyle, J'onn (possibly, we didn't see what the Probe used to take him down. It was the same one that took down Kyle and Wally), Guy Gardner-Warrior, and others.

Their ability to take damage that was enough to overcome the armor wasn't high, but they had firepower. Glass cannons of sorts, though the armor wasn't that bad.

carver9
Originally posted by Q99
It caused significant injury to Wonder Woman and Superman (more-so to WW since she was right on it when it happened, but Clark looked covered in burns too iirc). Killed Hippolyta in armor. Superman learned to use his heat vision to weld the armor whenever he attacked in close because otherwise it'd be too dangerous.

Yea, but that's not necessarily a good thing is what I'm saying. They have good firepower, and if you take one out, bam, a blast that causes significant injury to top-tiers in your face.

They did take down Kyle, J'onn (possibly, we didn't see what the Probe used to take him down), Guy Gardner, and others.

Their ability to take damage that was enough to overcome the armor wasn't high, but they had firepower. Glass cannons of sorts, though the armor wasn't that bad.

I know the blast caused damage to Superman and Wonderwoman (the blast almost killed wonder woman and the blast temporarily knocked Superman out) but thanos doesnt have top tier durability, he has so much more.

I think its a good thing (cracking their armor) since the blast from the ending result wont do anything to thanos, especially if he has his shields up.

You forgot to add on to the fact that Dianas mom took out two probes with a space ship to the head. Thanos would crush them. Yes, I agree that the probes took down some of the jla but again, it was a caught off guard moment and it was more than one probe.

Q99
Like others have said, there's a couple qualities of probes too.

carver9
Originally posted by Q99
Like others have said, there's a couple qualities of probes too.

I agree, it is but the quality ones (besides the one that was trying to destroy the planet) didnt seem all that powerful.

UniOmni
There are no different quality probes. Its just poor writing at the root.
Superman meets probe with Mongul, Superman has tough time defeating it.
Superman meets second probe in kansas, same as above.
Superman learns to frown with determination, Superman is now steamrolling probes.

Heroes meet probes, heroes consistently look poor in comparison to them, and thus Superman.

Thanos would destroy many of them before he blinked out due to impatience.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by UniOmni
There are no different quality probes.

Thanos would destroy many of them before he blinked out due to impatience.

http://s673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/?action=view&current=probemisc4-1.jpg

And no. The probes are surely capable of taking on thanos, some even solo.

quanchi112
http://s673.photobucket.com/albums/vv95/galanphotos/?action=view&current=probemisc4-1.jpg

And no. The probes are surely capable of taking on thanos, some even solo. Another post reeking of ignorance. Do you know who Thanos is?

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by quanchi112
Another post reeking of ignorance. Do you know who Thanos is?

Not as good as your hand I guess, it has to work hard for this knowledge though, too hard imo.

Thanos is the dude you think is now above the Skyfather level, right? Your idol, your love, your passion, your wet dream, the father you wish, the mother you wish, the husband you wish. Did i forget something?

dur

quanchi112
Not as good as your hand I guess, it has to work hard for this knowledge though, too hard imo.

Thanos is the dude you think is now above the Skyfather level, right? Your idol, your love, your passion, your wet dream, the father you wish, the mother you wish, the husband you wish. Did i forget something?

dur He's the guy who took on Odin right after Odin took care of the Surfer with one blast. This is the guy you claim loses to a probe here and there. No one else would dare say such an ignorant thing. No one would claim a probe can beat the Surfer let alone Thanos.

Kris Blaze
Doesn't even have to be high herald to take a probe out....

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Doesn't even have to be high herald to take a probe out.... thumb up

Batman-Prime
Depends on the probe. And the circumstances which allowed some chars to defeat a probe.

Not all heralds are equally powerful.

quanchi112
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
thumb up I think Batman Prime forget about WW and really, really exaggerates everything which happened in owaw.

carver9
I think Batman Prime forget about WW and really, really exaggerates everything which happened in owaw.

He also forgot aquaman and black light and Supergirl. confused

quanchi112
He also forgot aquaman and black light and Supergirl. confused I was just giving him an example. It's been a while since I read that snoozefest.

-K-M-
Why do people ignore the context with Aquaman?

carver9

We know that aquaman was amped but to what stages though?

Did this amp put him above Wonder Woman?

Did this amp put him above Superman or Doomsday?

How about Thanos, did it put him on that level?

I dont think so.

Batman-Prime

Or Supergirl, or BL etc. Why? Because it supports their points better.

Kris Blaze
Doesn't really matter.

Beating the Flash and Kyle Rayner doesn't suddenly put you on Thanos' level....

quanchi112
Or Supergirl, or BL etc. Why? Because it supports their points better. What showing of Thanos supports your theory of a probe being able to take him on?

-K-M-
His trident he used was Poseiden's trident, and his armour was magical and given to him by deities. Also just before he defeated a probe he and Atlantis nearly died from it if it wasn't from Tempest telporting them into the past.

Not saying he is on Thanos level, but that's rather large context to ignore.

Kris Blaze
Aquaman is like Namor's level.... Of course he would require a powerup to take on a Probe.

Glimmerone
Thanos is like 90% low Skyfather. Inbetween solid-end teambuster and Low-end Skyfather, closer to low-end Skyfather. The only beings that can really defeat thanos are entry-level Skyfather or above. If you add in his tech, genius and attitude, he could stand up and close to stalemate a average-mid level Sky-father.

Some of the probes were that level, I recall seeing one battle liike several teams of heroes from different worlds. All the heroes were a combination of heralds, primes metas, enhanced metas etc.. They were still on the ropes with maybe up to 50-100 superheros, at least several teams against this one probe.

carver9
Originally posted by Glimmerone
Thanos is like 90% low Skyfather. Inbetween solid-end teambuster and Low-end Skyfather, closer to low-end Skyfather. The only beings that can really defeat thanos are entry-level Skyfather or above. If you add in his tech, genius and attitude, he could stand up and close to stalemate a average-mid level Sky-father.

Some of the probes were that level, I recall seeing one battle liike several teams of heroes from different worlds. All the heroes were a combination of heralds, primes metas, enhanced metas etc.. They were still on the ropes with maybe up to 50-100 superheros, at least several teams against this one probe.

This never happened and the probes that defeated a team of low metas.

Endless Mike
Thanos could likely take out at least half a dozen of them

KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos goes through many of them before being put down or just leaving to heal and coming back.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Thanos could likely take out at least half a dozen of them A lot more than twelve of these scrubs.

h1a8
This post proves you don't know who Thanos is.

This proves you don't know who Thanos or Probes are.

h1a8
A lot more than twelve of these scrubs.

Thanos can possibly lose to even 1 of them (depending on which one).

Kris Blaze
Thanos can possibly lose to even 1 of them (depending on which one).
Which one would that be, pray tell?

h1a8
The one fighting entire teams by his lonesome. Also the one where Superman first encountered would be a touch match for Thanos as well (not to say Thanos will lose of course).

quanchi112
This proves you don't know who Thanos or Probes are. This coming from the guy who really doesn't know who Thanos is.

What's the greatest feat from a probe?

Q99
This coming from the guy who really doesn't know who Thanos is.

What's the greatest feat from a probe?

Probably the one who attacked the justice league and took out J'onn, Wally, Kyle, possibly Plas, and then finally when it went up it's explosion wounded Diana.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Q99
Probably the one who attacked the justice league and took out J'onn, Wally, Kyle, possibly Plas, and then finally when it went up it's explosion wounded Diana. Do you give this probe odds against Thanos?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.