Black Bolt vs. Guy Gardner

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Original Smurph
They fight somewhere.

Original Smurph
Standard, GL Guy.

quanchi112
BB wins.

DarthDaniel1001
Black Bolt.

Kris Blaze
Gardner shoves his ring down Bolt's throat.

For a wholesome 5.5/10.

BattleMage
Black Bolt

The Nuul
BB

JakeTheBank
Guy Gardner uhuh

The Nuul
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Guy Gardner uhuh

Ummm...no he sucks.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by The Nuul
Ummm...no he sucks.

The deepest level of hell is reserved for blasphemers. ahah

Bentley
Normally I would give a healthy majority for a top GL against BB, but since we're talking Guy...

Guy wins 10/10 biscuits

jrodslam
GG.

Knowsbleed33
Bolt.

Badabing
For everyone who posted the truth that Guy wins...highfive

For all you other turds...uhuh

Prep-Man
Guy overall. He has the versatility as well. He'd likely devolve Bolt.

supremthor
current guy is overkill with the red and green ring.

shokosugi
Guy

manx422
Guy Gardner

Warlord
BB

AverageSavage
Guy Gardner

-Pr-
The deepest level of hell is reserved for blasphemers. ahah

that's the seventh.

the ninth is betrayers.

shame on you.

Prep-Man
CURRENT Guy? Shit, he'd own Blackbolt like he did with certain Black Lanterns. Green and Red ring= too much.

Survivor19
Black Bolt is too emo to win

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by -Pr-
that's the seventh.

the ninth is betrayers.

shame on you.

There's actually a hidden level, reserved only for those who blaspheme against Guy. biscuits

Original Smurph
Originally posted by Prep-Man
CURRENT Guy? Shit, he'd own Blackbolt like he did with certain Black Lanterns. Green and Red ring= too much. I actually prefer to read the threads I post in.

Too each his own, I guess.

Originally posted by Original Smurph
Standard, GL Guy.

-Pr-
There's actually a hidden level, reserved only for those who blaspheme against Guy. biscuits

laughing out loud

ankur29
GG

the ninjak
BB

His creates a 90 deg angle of pure destruction. If he turns around while speaking it hits everything.
WWH BB doesn't count as a loss due to he being a Skrull = weaker
BB wouldn't stop screaming if he was fighting a speed character.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by the ninjak
BB

His creates a 90 deg angle of pure destruction. If he turns around while speaking it hits everything.
WWH BB doesn't count as a loss due to he being a Skrull = weaker
BB wouldn't stop screaming if he was fighting a speed character.

Shields would protect guy.

the ninjak
Shields would protect guy.

Yes shields that emanate from a ring with limited power reserves, plus the fact that GL has to try and hit BB. The second GL tries to envelope BB in Green Light wound be like enclosing a fire cracker with your hand.
Goodbye hand.

BB FTW.

Kasper Gutman
I'm taking BB. I just don't think the shields would hold against a spoken word let alone a scream.

Prep-Man
Yes shields that emanate from a ring with limited power reserves, plus the fact that GL has to try and hit BB. The second GL tries to envelope BB in Green Light wound be like enclosing a fire cracker with your hand.
Goodbye hand.

BB FTW.

The ring could devolve BB on the fly. Guy has done it before. The shields will hold up enough for him to use it. Or he just burns the hell out Bolt. Red ring and all.

Warlord
no red ring for this fight

Prep-Man
My bad, but I'd still back on Guy. Versatility and power. the arc with Green Lantern Corpse shows he can hang with the tough crowd.

leonidas
bb's antennae are a weakness someone with a ring SHOULD be able to exploit.

Original Smurph
For a guy with such a glaring weakness, it doesn't get exploited often... maybe he protects it with electrons or some such. It'd be cool to see it explained in a comic.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by leonidas
bb's antennae are a weakness someone with a ring SHOULD be able to exploit. Are they a weakness? IIRC, the antennae simply allow him to better channel his powers and removing them is the equivalent of taking away Cyclops's visor; it makes Black Bolt's powers uncontrollable, and therefore, more dangerous to everyone around him.

carver9
My bad, but I'd still back on Guy. Versatility and power. the arc with Green Lantern Corpse shows he can hang with the tough crowd.

Black bolt is just as versatile.

carver9
For a guy with such a glaring weakness, it doesn't get exploited often... maybe he protects it with electrons or some such. It'd be cool to see it explained in a comic.

I dont think anyone wants to remove that object from his head unless they dont love themselves.

Thats what controls his powers, his scream. The attena direct his yell to other areas of his body which enhance his strength, durability and makes him versatile.

Without that attenna his yell would unleash at an uncontrollable pace and everyone around him would die.

quanchi112
The ring could devolve BB on the fly. Guy has done it before. The shields will hold up enough for him to use it. Or he just burns the hell out Bolt. Red ring and all. Why would you assume he has the red ring for this fight?

Prep-Man
Originally posted by carver9
Black bolt is just as versatile.

He can do everything a GL can?

carver9
He can do everything a GL can?

The versatility with the two is different.

Prep-Man
The versatility with the two is different.

How is BB as versatile? I know he can transmute, but that's about it.

carver9
How is BB as versatile? I know he can transmute, but that's about it.

Also create black holes. Matter manipulate, amp his physical stats, the scream, electron blast, anti matter blast, telepath, and the list goes on and please dont make me prove everything that I said, just trust me on this one because everything that I mentioned is true.

Prep-Man
Also create black holes. Matter manipulate, amp his physical stats, the scream, electron blast, anti matter blast, telepath, and the list goes on and please dont make me prove everything that I said, just trust me on this one because everything that I mentioned is true.

Oh, I trust you, but a top tier lantern can do a little more.

carver9
Oh, I trust you, but a top tier lantern can do a little more.

They probably could but that still dont give them the victory over everyone that isnt as versatile as them.

Example, they are more versatile than thor but I bet thor can whip that a**.

Blanket
Also create black holes. Matter manipulate, amp his physical stats, the scream, electron blast, anti matter blast, telepath, and the list goes on and please dont make me prove everything that I said, just trust me on this one because everything that I mentioned is true. I don't believe anything you just said.

You don't have a trusting avatar either.

Prep-Man
laughing out loud

Anyway, BB holds back, which will be his downfall.

Badabing
There's actually a hidden level, reserved only for those who blaspheme against Guy. biscuits You are quickly becoming a star on KMC.

Original Smurph
laughing out loud

Anyway, BB holds back, which will be his downfall. Not lately...

Prep-Man
Not lately...

So, he used his full scream? What was the damage?

Original Smurph
So, he used his full scream? What was the damage? Ah, because that equates to not holding back?

Right, of course. Thor hasn't used his god-blast lately... clearly he's just in the battles for kicks.

He actually did 'scream' against Vulcan though. I'm sure the scans are around somewhere.

Prep-Man
All heroes do it, but Bolt should use his full scream a lot more. It would be more bad ass.

Original Smurph
All heroes do it, but Bolt should use his full scream a lot more. It would be more bad ass. I'll let him know.

Regardless, he's been holding back far less as of late. When he DOES hold back, it's pretty much always out of concern for those around him- in a neutral setting like this, that's not the case.

So...

Prep-Man
If Guy can survive black holes with ease, I think he can take a whisper. And once Bolt realized he'd have to cut lose, Guy can transmute him or devolve him like he has done with a couple of villains before.

the ninjak
The intergalactic King of MU who took on Vulcan.
VS a human space cop.

It's just condescending to believe a GL could win this fight. Almost DC love.

Prep-Man
VS a human space cop.

It's just condescending to believe a GL could win this fight. Almost DC love.

Same space cops that can hold a big bang, time travel at will, devolve gods, take on living space sectors, take on an abstract of Death, etc...

Original Smurph
VS a human space cop.

It's just condescending to believe a GL could win this fight. Almost DC love. The fact that you support Black Bolt only reinforces the notion that Guy wins.

Your stupidity is like a super power. Use it responsibly.

If you really want to sway discussions in favor of a certain character, root for the other guy.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Badabing
You are quickly becoming a star on KMC.

thumb up

the ninjak
Cops is a plural

the ninjak
It's hard to level BB's blast....
Just a whisper levelled Sentry.

And Original Smurf geez relax
I was just comparing them based on status alone in a fight that is very balanced ....a comic writer would probably give it to BB. Being that he was King of the Galaxy. But that could just be Marvel love.

And don't call me an idiot ......you don't know me. smile

Original Smurph
And don't call idiot ......you don't know me. smile K, I can try, but you don't make it easy.

Kris Blaze
It's hard to level BB's blast....
Just a whisper levelled Sentry.
Right.

A whisper blew his hair back. It wasn't even aimed at the Sentry, but it did nothing no expression

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Silent_War_005_017_018.jpg
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Silent_War_005_019.jpg

the ninjak
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Right.

A whisper blew his hair back. It wasn't even aimed at the Sentry, but it did nothing no expression

Yeah It's a hard power to level. And Sentry is pretty much will based particles on a God level....? which is why I boiled the fight down to status. If people can see how BB's antennae being ripped off would decimate GL then how come focused strikes can't faze him?
The way I see it is if GL stands his ground against the scream hoping to strike afterwards, he is overwhelmed.
If he puts up his shields loosely then you will see a Green bubble fly miles away, giving BB the chance to just do again....any attempt to subdue him with the ring would end in disaster.

OneDumbG0
mmm

mhmm

... good to see that Guy's getting some respect! uhuh

Still Black Bolt 7/10.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/More%20Random/GuyGardner03.jpg

celeyhyga17
Guy 7/10

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.