Kilowog vs Quasar

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
Who wins? Any and all feats can count.

Warlord
quasar (wendel)

quanchi112
Quasar.

rotiart
Ill go with quasar
there was once a study in like issue one showing that the bands absorb every know frequency of energy from the em spectrum

which makes sense to me why deathurge and magic can bypass the bands...
But WTF about the cosmic rod that annihilus wears...

I'll go with quasar... Cause if dr light can manipulate gl constructs I have to believe quasar can too

Desaad
Kil. My basic opinion is that the GL energy isn't in the EM spectrum, so Quasar isn't going to absorb, so then it comes constructs vs constructs for the most part. And Kil's natural durability would probably help out a bit too.

Then again, we'll have to see what the new Quasar is capable of.

psycho gundam
i say kilowogg, but depending on the nature of current quasar's body.

is it still pure quantum energy cause i missed a bunch of his more recent stuff.

Desaad
I'm pretty sure he is still pure quantum energy, but then when he went into the rift he might have become physical again.

vansonbee
Originally posted by rotiart
Ill go with quasar
there was once a study in like issue one showing that the bands absorb every know frequency of energy from the em spectrum

which makes sense to me why deathurge and magic can bypass the bands...
But WTF about the cosmic rod that annihilus wears...

I'll go with quasar... Cause if dr light can manipulate gl constructs I have to believe quasar can too Didn't know Dr. Light can do that. Any chance you recall the issue?

Quasar either forms wins!

Desaad
Originally posted by vansonbee
Didn't know Dr. Light can do that. Any chance you recall the issue?

Quasar either forms wins!

He did it to Kyle in Green Lantern 3D. He actually failed to do it to Hal in v3, a Gene Ha drawn christmas issue.

But it doesn't mean much, because he's demonstrated the ability to manipulate forms of energy outside the electromag spectrum, like magic lightning.

Don Corleone
stomp

Warlord
Originally posted by Desaad
He did it to Kyle in Green Lantern 3D. He actually failed to do it to Hal in v3, a Gene Ha drawn christmas issue.

But it doesn't mean much, because he's demonstrated the ability to manipulate forms of energy outside the electromag spectrum, like magic lightning.

Quasar is not limited to EM spectrum also.
He did it with Jack of Hearts' energies which are not stated to be electromagnetic.

Marvel has stated that quantum energy is the origin of all energy in the universe so eventually he can do it to anything but darkforce

rotiart

when you mean manipulate outside the em do you mean dr light or quasar?

Warlord
he meant dr light

Desaad
Originally posted by Warlord
Quasar is not limited to EM spectrum also.

Tell it to his creator, Gruenwald, who was adamant that he was.

Well, they're not stated NOT to be either. Zero Energy is pretty broad.

As set out by Gru, the Quantum Zone was the origin of all electromagnetic energy that has ever or will ever exist, as I understand it.

That isn't to say he's helpless against all non electromagnetic energies, but I wouldn't count on his abilities to manipulate them. Perhaps, due to the will-controlled nature of the GL energy, he might have better luck, but I'd bet on any GL over Quasar to have more will (and experience).

Warlord
so his creator said that Quasar can ONLY affect EM based energy?
as for JoH his Zero energies are not stated to be EM oriented and to say otherwise is just speculation.
I'd bet on Quasar against any GL for the simple fact that his power source does not run out like a GL and unlike GLs I don't remember him being drained before.
So if one of them is going to be that would be the Lantern IMO

Knowsbleed33
Wendell.

Philosophía
Kilowog.

starlock
Quasar for the win

Lord Feron
Any ftw, so any Kil and any quasar we choose to use (don't think a few ppl got that earlier in the thread). Anyway I don't know enough about Kilowog,s feat but since run on energy and is a part of the em spectrum (so i heard) and they are LIGHT CONSTRUCTS, quasar should easily absorb/manipulate them or the ring's power.

Batman-Prime
I would be a battle of wills. My Quasar days aren't up to date, the last comic i read from him, he fought a rogue Watcher and the Stranger was also there IIRC.
I say 50-50.

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by psycho gundam
i say kilowogg, but depending on the nature of current quasar's body.

is it still pure quantum energy cause i missed a bunch of his more recent stuff.

I'm pretty sure he is still pure quantum energy, but then when he went into the rift he might have become physical again.

He's back to his physical self again after entering the Fault. He's also being chased by Lovecraft creatures while the Fault's own Quasar made it back to Earth.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.