Ghosts and the paranormal

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Dark Cloud
Do you believe in this stuff? I don't.

dadudemon
I do.

The Dark Cloud
Originally posted by dadudemon
I do.

Why? There's never been any credible proof.

you get thorns
Seen it, lived it, through second guessing it.

dadudemon
Originally posted by The Dark Cloud
Why? There's never been any credible proof.

I'm more of a "have to see it do believe it" type of person.

no expression

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by The Dark Cloud
Do you believe in this stuff? I don't.

I do not believe in ghosts or the paranormal.

Mindship
<--- open to possibility, suspect some incidents in personal life reflective of paranormal activity, but yet to be convinced.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Mindship
<--- open to possibility, suspect some incidents in personal life reflective of paranormal activity, but yet to be convinced.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Shakyamunison
^ Why?

dadudemon

This more fits what I think. Except, I would amend the last part for myself to, "but still have doubts as to what I experienced."

Symmetric Chaos
No.

King Kandy
No. The fact that not a single person has been able to give non-anecdotal evidence ever really hurts it in my mind.

Mindship
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
^ Why?
Case in point: When I was in college, there was this girl in one of my classes who I thought was cute but otherwise didn't pay much mind to (eg, we never talked). A few weeks into the term, I had a dream one night that the next day she would sit next to me and start talking to me.

The next day, she came and sat next to me (the exact spot I dreamt about), and started talking to me. I was so amazed, I actually told her about the dream.

Now, was this precognitive? Possibly. AFAIK, I paid no more attention to her in class than I did with any other girl I thought was cute, so while it's still possible, I don't think I "subconsciously" incited her to sit next to me (certainly not in the exact spot, though there were other empty seats around me).

There have also been the here-n-there incidents of knowing who was calling when the phone rang (home phone, with no ID features), though this I have (up to a point) considered coincidence. And I have also had my moments of predicting where I would find a parking spot in neighborhoods notorious for bad parking (man, I wish this parking-spot radar was more consistent).

So again: absolute proof? No. Food for thought? I think so. Keep in mind that I also keep in mind that what some consider paranormal could be a heightened sensitivity to, eg, electromagnetic fields (as some ghost research suggests).

Oh, and as far as ghosts go (since I've been talking about ESP type stuff), I've yet to personally experience Any event which even remotely suggested the presence of a disembodied spirit. That being so, I would very much like to spend a night in a house reputed to be haunted just to see what happens.

LanceWindu
I have had a couple personal experiences to suggest that ghosts may exist. But I won't say conclusively if they are real. I guess you can consider me a skeptic who is leaning more to one side of the fence.

One day, I plan to do a ghost hunt in a known "haunted" building in my local area.

dadudemon
she came and sat next to me

Wow. That's hot. laughing

Would be even hotter if you reverse those around.

Shakyamunison
Case in point: When I was in college, there was this girl in one of my classes who I thought was cute but otherwise didn't pay much mind to (eg, we never talked). A few weeks into the term, I had a dream one night that the next day she would sit next to me and start talking to me.

The next day, she came and sat next to me (the exact spot I dreamt about), and started talking to me. I was so amazed, I actually told her about the dream.

Now, was this precognitive? Possibly. AFAIK, I paid no more attention to her in class than I did with any other girl I thought was cute, so while it's still possible, I don't think I "subconsciously" incited her to sit next to me (certainly not in the exact spot, though there were other empty seats around me).

There have also been the here-n-there incidents of knowing who was calling when the phone rang (home phone, with no ID features), though this I have (up to a point) considered coincidence. And I have also had my moments of predicting where I would find a parking spot in neighborhoods notorious for bad parking (man, I wish this parking-spot radar was more consistent).

So again: absolute proof? No. Food for thought? I think so. Keep in mind that I also keep in mind that what some consider paranormal could be a heightened sensitivity to, eg, electromagnetic fields (as some ghost research suggests).

Oh, and as far as ghosts go (since I've been talking about ESP type stuff), I've yet to personally experience Any event which even remotely suggested the presence of a disembodied spirit. That being so, I would very much like to spend a night in a house reputed to be haunted just to see what happens.

laughing out loud I was asking Colossus-Big C why did he just quote your post, but no commit.

dadudemon
laughing out loud I was asking Colossus-Big C why did he just quote your post, but no commit.

NO COMMIT!

NOOOO COMMIIT, DUDE!

Single fer life!

laughing

Shakyamunison
NO COMMIT!

NOOOO COMMIIT, DUDE!

Single fer life!

laughing

Oh, well. I can't spell, and my spell checker can't check words that are spelled correctly.

dadudemon
Oh, well. I can't spell, and my spell checker can't check words that are spelled correctly.

Dude, lol....

I know.

I do the same thing. That's why I thought it was funny.

NO COMMIT! laughing

Mindship
Wow. That's hot. laughing

Would be even hotter if you reverse those around. laughing I was not that type of guy. *sigh*

laughing out loud I was asking Colossus-Big C why did he just quote your post, but no commit. Oh.

http://img.skitch.com/20080925-1qugb97bqfb6wehg75qqxgtm97.jpg

jaden101
Z7gdtojQ0W4

GHOSTS!!....FACT?...OR PEANUT JUICE?

Jack Daniels
edit: I didnt see the u tube...

Wild Shadow
i am willing to stay open to the possibility... i think their may be unexplained occurrences that we attribute to ghost but have yet to discover and explain what some might consider the paranormal in a more scientific way.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.