Prop 8 battle in California

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Robtard

Shakyamunison
What doe this have to do with Prop 8? confused

Robtard
Everything, Shaky, everything.

More importantly, it's humorous.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Robtard
Everything, Shaky, everything.

So, they are trying to say that because of polygamy in the past, that the current ruling of one man one woman is invalid? The problem with that argument is that homosexuality was a death sentence in the past. If the view on homosexuality can chanced for the better, then the definition of marriage can also change for the better.

That is not my view, but...

Mairuzu
I say the marijuana issue is more important than this.

Robtard
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
So, they are trying to say that because of polygamy in the past, that the current ruling of one man one woman is invalid? The problem with that argument is that homosexuality was a death sentence in the past. If the view on homosexuality can chanced for the better, then the definition of marriage can also change for the better.

That is not my view, but...

No, more so that the head of the American Institute for Marriage is a silly biased clown. Just read what he said, guy's a tool.

Robtard
Originally posted by Mairuzu
I say the marijuana issue is more important than this.

It's being legalized as we speak, sir. Matter of time before you can stop fearing being thrown in a Federal pound-you-up-the-ass prison over your degenerate addiction.

Ms.Marvel
hm... so this is where darth bane really got his ideals from... mmm

King Kandy
He needs to go back to kindergarten. 5 =/= 2.

The Dark Cloud
Prop 8 is what the voters wanted, if it's overturned then let's just get rid of democracy alltogether.

Bardock42
Originally posted by The Dark Cloud
Prop 8 is what the voters wanted, if it's overturned then let's just get rid of democracy alltogether.

I second that! Lets get rid of it.

Robtard

There's something called The Constitution, maybe you've heard of it; if a law is elected that goes against that, it can/should be overturned. Not saying this is indeed the case here as undeniable fact, but it's being argued.

Would you feel the same if slavery was voted on and it passed? How about rape on Asians? Death to retards? Second-class status to women?

The Dark Cloud
Originally posted by Robtard
There's something called The Constitution, maybe you've heard of it; if a law is elected that goes against that, it can/should be overturned. Not saying this is indeed the case here as undeniable fact, but it's being argued.

Agreed

It depends on how you look at it. I do not put the gay marriage issue on the same level as any of those. I've already made my views on the issue clear. In my view NOBODY, not just gays, should be able to legally marry. Using your argument voter approved bans on things like smoking in public places should be overturned. Illegal immigrants would no longer be illegal. Voters basically should have no voice. We should only do what government and corporations tell us to.

Robtard
Agreed

It depends on how you look at it. I do not put the gay marriage issue on the same level as any of those. I've already made my views on the issue clear. In my view NOBODY, not just gays, should be able to legally marry. Using your argument voter approved bans on things like smoking in public places should be overturned. Illegal immigrants would no longer be illegal. Voters basically should have no voice. We should only do what government and corporations tell us to.

Good.

No, see above with your agreement, The Constitution is there to serve as "the supreme law of the land"; when it doubt if a law is legal or not, refer to it. That goes for everything you've said, from banning smoking(which can be harmful to others, I believe this is the reason) to illegal aliens.

Those against Prop-8 have a right to appeal, if it fails, then it fails. But looking into the case here and there, they're making a better case than those who support Prop-8.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.