State if the Union

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ATX/UT ND Money
I wonder how many people are going to swayed by obama's propaganda?

jaden101
Obviously lots...Otherwise he wouldn't be president.

Shakyamunison
It was a good speech, but too long.sleep1

King Kandy
I didn't listen to it... did he say anything important, or just restate stuff that's been on his platform for the last year?

BruceSkywalker
yeah what did he say.. i was too busy playing mafia wars

Rogue Jedi
"If the Union."

Robtard
Found it annoying, filled with BS that isn't going to happen and I couldn't abide the sycophantic constant clapping from the peanut gallery.

Don't mean to dump on Obama, this is normal for the Union Address.

ATX/UT ND Money
Well from what I picked up from the captions scrolling while I was on the the treadmill, he wants to give taxbreaks to the middle class and obviously keep trying to patch up the economy. Of course he pointed out all the temporary benefits of the bailouts but there are signs that growth/support is over. It was it only a matter of time since the growth and improvements the market saw where due to goverment funding and can't be sustained any longer. He talked about the importance of new energy sources, which I think the next/best hope we have at a real recovery in the future. Too bad any of the stuff out there is not yet feasible. Just wondering how cutting taxes while continuing to fund a war, economic stimulus and persuit of a health care bill will be feasible?

ATX/UT ND Money
Originally posted by jaden101
Obviously lots...Otherwise he wouldn't be president.

Obviously. I was wondering of the supporters that lost faith in him or possible new ones...

Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
"If the Union."

That's what happens when you type on a cell phone while runing and reading the TV captions

ATX/UT ND Money
Originally posted by Robtard
Found it annoying, filled with BS that isn't going to happen and I couldn't abide the sycophantic constant clapping from the peanut gallery.

Don't mean to dump on Obama, this is normal for the Union Address.

Took me a while to realize he wasn't in DC...why was he in VA?

jinXed by JaNx
What if the union does what?

Coming from someone who doesn't support, Obama, I thought it was a great speech. It is the first time i ever sensed any kind of genuinely positive inspiration from the man. Instead of arguing his points it felt like he was instead discussing them. I'm sure nothing that he boasts will come to pass but as always, i'll give him a chance . I agree, the incessant applause feels nothing but choreographed and self indulgent. Although, I guess you don't go to the dog and pony show if you don't want to see theatrics. Still...,good speech.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.