Would you buy a ipad?why?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lindeepeng
You must heard that Apple have new product,ipad.
It has some good advantage,also some bad.
What do you think?

Bardock42
Probably not.

It was a bit of a let down, but the way it was hyped that was to be expected. The product still seems pretty good, probably the closest to what I think a Tablet PC should be, but it is lacking in many ways.

All in all these are the reasons why I won't get it for now though (besides financial)

http://blog.headius.com/2010/01/five-reasons-to-wait-on-ipad.html

And I don't like you, spammer uhuh

dadudemon
I will definitely wait. Retarded to buy any apple products on their first hardware release. Same with Nintendo.

Bardock42
Originally posted by dadudemon
I will definitely wait. Retarded to buy any apple products on their first hardware release. Same with Nintendo. It has some pretty good ideas, anyways. Will also see how that develops.

Darth Jello
does ipad have wings? Is it more absorbent than the leading brand?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Darth Jello

Lol, that's clever, haven't heard any sanitary towel jokes about it yethttp://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa158/Bardock42/sarcmarc.jpg

Bicnarok
Ive never bought or will ever buy anything from apple, all too expensive compared to other similar products.

This pad thing is in between an blackberry and a netbook, and I have no need for such an item.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Bicnarok
Ive never bought or will ever buy anything from apple, all too expensive compared to other similar products.

This pad thing is in between an blackberry and a netbook, and I have no need for such an item.

I think it is more directly competing against a netbook, in-between a smartphone and a laptop. I do have use for such a device, just this one doesn't fullfill all my needs, one big turn off is the lack of a camera. Then there's also no multitasking, no USB ports, Apple's horribly closed approach to their platforms, etc.

LanceWindu
No multi-tasking, no flash, no USB ports, you have to lay the thing down to type properly...

Not my thing.

Shakyamunison

laughing

Bardock42
Originally posted by LanceWindu
No multi-tasking, no flash, no USB ports, you have to lay the thing down to type properly...

Not my thing.

Well, I hope Flash dies already, but I guess we are still too far away from having a decent Internet experience without it.

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Bardock42
Well, I hope Flash dies already, but I guess we are still too far away from having a decent Internet experience without it.

I agree. If we can get a streaming video filetype that will play on all devices and not require additional downloading, I'd be happy.

Darth Jello
Lol, that's clever, haven't heard any sanitary towel jokes about it yethttp://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa158/Bardock42/sarcmarc.jpg Mad TV did it years before the ipad was announced.

Bardock42
Mad TV did it years before the ipad was announced.

It's weird though, you'd think someone at Apple would have mentioned it.

Darth Jello
I know that even saying this makes me into an old fart but I don't like touch screens. I think it comes from working at a cell phone company for 2 months and getting a thousand complaints from people muting mid-conversation cause of their cheek hitting the phone.

That or the whole concept of a 30 gig touchscreen flashy ipod being more expensive than a 160 gig classic.

Mairuzu
600 bucks? Nah.

Bardock42
I know that even saying this makes me into an old fart but I don't like touch screens. I think it comes from working at a cell phone company for 2 months and getting a thousand complaints from people muting mid-conversation cause of their cheek hitting the phone.

That or the whole concept of a 30 gig touchscreen flashy ipod being more expensive than a 160 gig classic.

I think the iPod touch has additional features. I personal like touchscreens, and didn't have any problems with my G1 for the year I have it now. There are solutions to help with the phone thing, but even then it wouldn't be a problem with the iPad, since you wouldn't put it to your face...probably.

Darth Jello
I think the iPod touch has additional features. I personal like touchscreens, and didn't have any problems with my G1 for the year I have it now. There are solutions to help with the phone thing, but even then it wouldn't be a problem with the iPad, since you wouldn't put it to your face...probably. I personally don't think watching movies on a relatively tiny screen or playing Metal Gear Solid with your finger is worth it.

WickedDynamite
Originally posted by lindeepeng
What do you think?

iDon't Think so...

Bardock42
I personally don't think watching movies on a relatively tiny screen or playing Metal Gear Solid with your finger is worth it.

I don't know, having an extremely portable screen to surf the internet or watch a movie anywhere you are. I already see the advantage on a 3 inch smartphone screen, a 8-10 inch tablet would honestly be my perfect device, if the specs were right.

Symmetric Chaos
Not a fan of touchscreens and I just bought a new computer.

Robtard

Not my thing.

Yeah, same here, I like women who are open to having all their orifices plundered and into more positions than just missionary.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Robtard
Yeah, same here, I like women who are open to having all their orifices plundered and into more positions than just missionary. That's basically what Dave Winer said.

Vinny Valentine
Presentations.

MildPossession
Looks like a fail. Horrible looking thing too.

Bardock42
I've seen some hands on videos, and it is pretty fast and smooth looking. Unlike the Asus EeePC 901 I own, which is rather slow at times.

Robtard
That's basically what Dave Winer said.

Don't know who that is, but he seems alright.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Robtard
Don't know who that is, but he seems alright.

He's been a significant part of the development of RSS. And he blogs a lot, pretty cool guy, doesn't afraid of anything, etc.

jinXed by JaNx
I don't see the point in owning an interactive magazine that's to big to fit in my pocket, so no i wouldn't buy an ipad.

dadudemon
Lol, that's clever, haven't heard any sanitary towel jokes about it yethttp://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa158/Bardock42/sarcmarc.jpg

Wow. That sarcmark is working out NICELY. I would have thought you were serious by thinking his joke was funny.

Note: There is NO sarcmark in my post...cause I'm serious.

Bardock42
Wow. That sarcmark is working out NICELY. I would have thought you were serious by thinking his joke was funny.

Note: There is NO sarcmark in my post...cause I'm serious.

I know, right? I couldn't be more excited about it.

Peach
No interest in it at all.

But then again, I'm not really much of an Apple fan. I've got an iPod, yeah (two, in fact), but they were gifts. In general, their stuff is not nearly worth the price it costs, the computers especially. My laptop cost me a fraction of what a comparable Apple laptop would cost - and that'd be their top of the line model (and my laptop is nowhere near top of the line).

I'm looking into getting a netbook because they're downright convenient, but this? It looks ridiculous and it's lacking in a lot of features. No USB, wtf is that? Useless. Not to mention way too expensive.

dadudemon
I know, right? I couldn't be more excited about it.

Yup. Case in point, the feminine pad jokes ran the gamut at the office here, yesterday, and then I had to go through a second round at school...and I'm in an IT degree program.

NO MOAR IPAD JOKES! laughing

Also, I have a large interest in this device. The internal processor is much too slow, though. I love to draw and I was told that this was supposed to be a really nice drawing device. I will by the second or third generation device, just the same as the iPhone 3GS that I have. BTW, the 3GS should have been the first release. no expression

Bardock42
Yup. Case in point, the feminine pad jokes ran the gamut at the office here, yesterday, and then I had to go through a second round at school...and I'm in an IT degree program.

NO MOAR IPAD JOKES! laughing

Also, I have a large interest in this device. The internal processor is much too slow, though. I love to draw and I was told that this was supposed to be a really nice drawing device. I will by the second or third generation device, just the same as the iPhone 3GS that I have. BTW, the 3GS should have been the first release. no expression

It's supposed to be incredibly fast. The Apple Processor is apparently the best out there now. We have to stop thinking in terms of Windows speed, too, you know the droid only has a 500 Mhz processor, as does the iPhone, I believe, the Nexus One has the Snapdragon 1Ghz, which is apparently also crazy fast for their needs.

I do however still agree with you, and multiple bloggers I follow, this, as most apple devies, is a "wait for the next generation" deal.

http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/5_reasons_to_wait_for_ipad_20.php?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed& amp;utm_campaign=Feed:+readwriteweb+(ReadWriteWeb)

shiv
This product is whack

dadudemon
It's supposed to be incredibly fast. The Apple Processor is apparently the best out there now.

I did some research on it and it is much better than I thought. It's the A4 which is a bunch of stuff shoved together. The A4 is called that because it is...get this...4 processers. So, it is a quadcore...sort of.

It's got graphics core on it, as well.

Not really sure on the actual specs for this, but it looks like a frankestein processor.

I'd really like to see some benchmarking done or at least a FLOPS number.

We have to stop thinking in terms of Windows speed, too, you know the droid only has a 500 Mhz processor, as does the iPhone, I believe, the Nexus One has the Snapdragon 1Ghz, which is apparently also crazy fast for their needs.

I do however still agree with you, and multiple bloggers I follow, this, as most apple devies, is a "wait for the next generation" deal.

http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/5_reasons_to_wait_for_ipad_20.php?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed& amp;utm_campaign=Feed:+readwriteweb+(ReadWriteWeb)

The iPhone 3GS is also not a tablet computer (it is...but not the common use of "tablet computer". It is a mutli-touch screen smartphone.) It has the cortex A8 processor: speed of 833Mhz, but is underclocked to 600Mhz. It is also a single core, though, so it doesn't compare to the A4 frankestein. In other words, apples to oranges...well, almost.

However, the iPad should be much much faster since it is a multicore system. It's not nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. Obviously, the second or third generation will greatly improve on performance. I'll buy it then. Hopefully, it's out before the fall school semester starts. lol

Mindship
does ipad have wings? Is it more absorbent than the leading brand? I hope so, cuz it needs to be moistened to work.

http://blog.modernmechanix.com/mags/qf/c/ModernMechanix/1-1932/med_relief_pad.jpg

Bardock42
I did some research on it and it is much better than I thought. It's the A4 which is a bunch of stuff shoved together. The A4 is called that because it is...get this...4 processers. So, it is a quadcore...sort of.

It's got graphics core on it, as well.

Not really sure on the actual specs for this, but it looks like a frankestein processor.

I'd really like to see some benchmarking done or at least a FLOPS number.

The iPhone 3GS is also not a tablet computer (it is...but not the common use of "tablet computer". It is a mutli-touch screen smartphone.) It has the cortex A8 processor: speed of 833Mhz, but is underclocked to 600Mhz. It is also a single core, though, so it doesn't compare to the A4 frankestein. In other words, apples to oranges...well, almost.

However, the iPad should be much much faster since it is a multicore system. It's not nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. Obviously, the second or third generation will greatly improve on performance. I'll buy it then. Hopefully, it's out before the fall school semester starts. lol

It's not so much apples to oranges, my point for comparison was that the iPad is using a modified iPhone OS, which means that it's low end needs are served well by the processor, it doesn't have the same needs as a full Windows 7 would have.

I haven't read the quadcore thing yet, do you have a link to the specifics of the A4?

dadudemon
It's not so much apples to oranges, my point for comparison was that the iPad is using a modified iPhone OS, which means that it's low end needs are served well by the processor, it doesn't have the same needs as a full Windows 7 would have.

I haven't read the quadcore thing yet, do you have a link to the specifics of the A4?

1. My previous post was ATROCIOUS! Misspells and typos galore. I apologize. That post hurt even my eyes. I was swamped at work so I tried to get that post up quick.

2. I see what you mean now. I still think it's apples to oranges as the mobile devices you referred to do not have nearly the strain on their CPUs as a desktop PC does. The iPad is much more comparable to a netbook than it is a mobile device, in terms of power and size. I still want to see some stats on it's processor.

3. No. I don't have any links. You might be lucky if you google searched A4 processor or something.

Kazenji
Same with Nintendo.

Why Nintendo ?

usually its Microsoft's gaming consoles that you dont buy on first day

Peach
Originally posted by Kazenji
Why Nintendo ?

Yeah, that was a bit odd. It's Nintendo that has a reputation for making and selling systems that have minimal bugs and issues and are practically indestructible.

kgkg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQnT0zp8Ya4

dadudemon
Originally posted by Kazenji
Why Nintendo ?

Originally posted by Peach
Yeah, that was a bit odd. It's Nintendo that has a reputation for making and selling systems that have minimal bugs and issues and are practically indestructible.

All both of you sexy posters had to do was read a tad farther in the thread to put that particular post in context:

I will by the second or third generation device, just the same as the iPhone 3GS that I have. BTW, the 3GS should have been the first release. no expression

Obviously, both Apple and Nintendo have a rep for making good hardware: it's the subsequent releases and additional gizmos that they release to milk the market, that I was referring to. In the tech world, the milking of the market by subsequent hardware devices and hardware updates is legendary among Nintendo and Apple.

Peach, I'm sure you're old enough to remember all of the hardware shit Nintendo released for the NES.

AsbestosFlaygon
Nah.

It's the same old tactic from Apple.

I'd rather wait the next 3 months for iPad v2.

AsbestosFlaygon
9_EcybyLJS8

Bardock42
God, I am craving an iPad so bad, but I know I will be pissed when the good one comes out a few weeks later.

I just wish there was a consumer device of that stature. Perhaps the upcoming Dell Mini, though it seems too small, and I am not sure Android's the perfect platform for this kind of device.

dadudemon
Guys, I know why the "iPad" sounds so familar:

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/80900519/

Watch the damn vid, guys. Watch it.

I remember watching that vid on TV, a long time ago. Apple should have called it the iSlate, like everyone thought they were going to. Such a stupid name for their device. Stupid stupid stupid. They BOUGHT the friggin' name for iSlate...so what's the reason they went with the gayest name possible?

Bardock42
No way, dadudemon, you aren't claiming that Originally posted by Darth Jello
Mad TV did it years before the ipad was announced.

are you?

The reason they named it iPad is obvious of course. It fits well with the rest of their products iPod, iPhone, iPad... they figured that recognizability is better I assume.

LanceWindu
Guys, I know why the "iPad" sounds so familar:

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/80900519/

Watch the damn vid, guys. Watch it.

I remember watching that vid on TV, a long time ago. Apple should have called it the iSlate, like everyone thought they were going to. Such a stupid name for their device. Stupid stupid stupid. They BOUGHT the friggin' name for iSlate...so what's the reason they went with the gayest name possible?

Everyone I knew called it the Apple Tablet before the announcement. Which, IMO, is a much better name than iPad or iSlate. Get rid of the "i" names and mature your products, Apple!

Bardock42
Everyone I knew called it the Apple Tablet before the announcement. Which, IMO, is a much better name than iPad or iSlate. Get rid of the "i" names and mature your products, Apple!

I agree, they tanked with that whole "i" idea, time to move on.

Anyways, one blog said they should call it the Applet...which is kinda funny.

dadudemon
No way, dadudemon, you aren't claiming that

are you?

The reason they named it iPad is obvious of course. It fits well with the rest of their products iPod, iPhone, iPad... they figured that recognizability is better I assume.

Damn...

I didn't read that post of DJ's. I thought his post was a reply to an argument (which it was) that I didn't really care much about beyond his first post.

So, I skipped over that post of his...

Edit - I saw that he replied to you, and decided to keep scrolling. I do that...a lot.

WickedDynamite
I can picture it now...people driving and using their iPads.

AsbestosFlaygon
If Apple could put a 120+ GB flash mem on an iPod, why not the iPad?

64 GB for a tablet pc the size of a netbook is way too low.
And no multitasking? This thing is a joke laughing out loud

This is just a marketing scheme. I'm pretty sure they will be releasing an upgraded version with more mem (hopefully 320+ GB) like they do to their other products

dadudemon
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
If Apple could put a 120+ GB flash mem on an iPod, why not the iPad?

64 GB for a tablet pc the size of a netbook is way too low.
And no multitasking? This thing is a joke laughing out loud

Indeed. What a useless piece of shit. Some peoples' music library is bigger than 64GB.

This is just a marketing scheme. I'm pretty sure they will be releasing an upgraded version with more mem (hopefully 320+ GB) like they do to their other products

Bingo. Wait a release or 2 and you'll have the product that you're looking for.

AsbestosFlaygon
It was kinda funny when they released iPhone 3G.

The promo ads had huge fonts saying:
NOW WITH VIDEO CAPABILITY AND 3G!

LOL that was weird considering the fact that Apple had always been known to deliver cutting-edge tech.

Even the Nokia 6630 (AKA "The Legendary Penis Phone"wink had video capability AND 3G. And that was waaaaayyyyy back in 2004 laughing out loud

Bardock42
It was kinda funny when they released iPhone 3G.

The promo ads had huge fonts saying:
NOW WITH VIDEO CAPABILITY AND 3G!

LOL that was weird considering the fact that Apple had always been known to deliver cutting-edge tech.

Even the Nokia 6630 (AKA "The Legendary Penis Phone"wink had video capability AND 3G. And that was waaaaayyyyy back in 2004 laughing out loud

Apple has a history of leaving out certain features. Perhaps to deliver a better working product, that they can later update. The iPad is an important announcement in its own right anyways, although the specs aren't the most cutting edge.

chiaki
Originally posted by lindeepeng
What do you think?

eh....my hero does that....piece o shit mad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.