The Dnepropetrovsk Maniacs

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Vinny Valentine
In short, three teens brutally captured, tortured and murdered 21 people. They recorded it, and did it as a hobby. The video's have just surfaced on the internet of one of their killings involving a hammer and screwdriver. I warn you, the video is without a doubt the worst thing I have ever witnessed on the internet. Take caution before looking for it.

More Information

(Check the wiki out, It does the best explination of the hold ordeal)

Was life sentence a fair judgment? Discuss.

vincent

Bardock42
Oh God, this video is the most disgusting thing I've ever seen, it's sick. A life sentence seems warranted.

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by Bardock42
Oh God, this video is the most disgusting thing I've ever seen, it's sick. A life sentence seems warranted.

It's time like this that make me believe that our idea of law is flawed. Where is the justice in a life sentence? I can't see it.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
It's time like this that make me believe that our idea of law is flawed. Where is the justice in a life sentence? I can't see it.

Permanent loss of freedom is generally seen as something you don't want. Hobbling the killers and forcing them into some sort of blood sport would be more satisfying but at the same time it could romanticize them.

Bardock42

I don't believe in an eye for an eye (yikes). They have obvious a severe disregard for other humans and should not be exposed to society under any circumstances, I find it wrong however to take their life I don't think it should be in the power of the system to kill anyone.

The Dark Cloud

No, they should be sent to medical research labs so we can save a few innocent rats who's lives are worth more than theirs.

Vinny Valentine
I don't believe in an eye for an eye (yikes). They have obvious a severe disregard for other humans and should not be exposed to society under any circumstances, I find it wrong however to take their life I don't think it should be in the power of the system to kill anyone.

I still just can't find the justice in that. They knew that it would happen and were willing to be taken from society. It's not just.

Bardock42
I still just can't find the justice in that. They knew that it would happen and were willing to be taken from society. It's not just. What do you think would be just?

jaden101
****in' hell. That was ****in' brutal. That's right up there with the beheading videos. Probably worse actually.

Vinny Valentine
What do you think would be just?

That's the real question. Other then death and imprisonment... What else is there really to do? What is the in between? There must be something harsher then imprisonment but less then death.

Mairuzu
I probably wont watch this video, but I also don't believe in taking another humans life.

Stickem in a cell and let them be stuck in their sick and twisted mind till they take their last breath.

That's the real question. Other then death and imprisonment... What else is there really to do? What is the in between? There must be something harsher then imprisonment but less then death. You might as well flat out say you want to torture them.

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by Mairuzu
I probably wont watch this video, but I also don't believe in taking another humans life.

Stickem in a cell and let them be stuck in their sick and twisted mind till they take their last breath.

You might as well flat out say you want to torture them.

No, there must be something else. Really.

I just don't find sticking them in a cell all that fair to the 21 families of the victims.

Ms.Marvel
you know ive always interpreted the general meaning behind prison/social discipline as a means to prevent unsavory members of society from disrupting the lives of other people weither it be stealing or hurting or injuring or any other form of disturbing the peace. executing people is a solution for those who are too sick to be educated whereas imprisonment is a method of reeducating offenders whilst keeping them away from the public.

that being the case i think the point of social discipline isnt to discipline a criminal simply for the sake of doing so, rather every punishment is performed with the welfare of the public in mind. so if thats true than whats the big deal about a life sentence or death sentence? either way theyre no longer a threat to the public so the powers that be are doing their job, no?

WickedDynamite

In short, three teens brutally captured, tortured and murdered 21 people. They recorded it, and did it as a hobby. The video's have just surfaced on the internet of one of their killings involving a hammer and screwdriver. I warn you, the video is without a doubt the worst thing I have ever witnessed on the internet. Take caution before looking for it.

More Information

(Check the wiki out, It does the best explination of the hold ordeal)

vincent

Yeah, but I would have prefer them in the gas chamber or lethal injection.

These videos are as evil as the Nazi beheading guy.

Mairuzu
No, there must be something else. Really.

I just don't find sticking them in a cell all that fair to the 21 families of the victims.

Let the families decide their fate?

Bardock42

That's not a different option, that's just a different way at arriving at one of the options.

Vinny Valentine

Possibly.

I just believe that there needs to be some sort of furthered discipline added to the life sentence. Not torture, but something.

Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
you know ive always interpreted the general meaning behind prison/social discipline as a means to prevent unsavory members of society from disrupting the lives of other people weither it be stealing or hurting or injuring or any other form of disturbing the peace. executing people is a solution for those who are too sick to be educated whereas imprisonment is a method of reeducating offenders whilst keeping them away from the public.

that being the case i think the point of social discipline isnt to discipline a criminal simply for the sake of doing so, rather every punishment is performed with the welfare of the public in mind. so if thats true than whats the big deal about a life sentence or death sentence? either way theyre no longer a threat to the public so the powers that be are doing their job, no?

Good point.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel

I share that POV mostly, I am also not a big fan of the "punishment" angle of the legal system.

Robtard
Considering they're young and will spend a large portion of their lives being anal-puppets, the life sentence seems alright.

But if the Ukraine tortured and killed them, I'd LoL.

Mairuzu
Vinny just wants some justice. Its like he's batman. There's really nothing much else we can do.

Robtard
Vinny just wants some justice. Its like he's batman. There's really nothing much else we can do.

I didn't watch the video, but I can sympathize with Vinny's POV on letting these clowns live, after what they did and why they did.

Batman's gay too, but Batman doesn't kill.

dadudemon
I cannnot watch this at work, obviously. But, I will when I get home.

As for the topic, this is an example of 100% guilt. There's no reason AT ALL to keep them alive and drain money out of the system. As soon as the verdict was passed down, they should have been marched into execution room and gotten a lethal injection. There's no reason to waste money on the system for a death sentence. (Cause a life sentence is a death sentence.)

Bardock42
Originally posted by dadudemon

As for the topic, this is an example of 100% guilt. There's no reason AT ALL to keep them alive and drain money out of the system. As soon as the verdict was passed down, they should have been marched into execution room and gotten a lethal injection. There's no reason to waste money on the system for a death sentence. (Cause a life sentence is a death sentence.)

It's not quite the same thing. Like I said I personally have a problem with the system having this much direct power to just kill someone.

Robtard

Are you sure you want to watch it? I don't, as I've seen similar already and this shit stays in your mind. Like the video of the Taliban putting boot to head and beheading a Soviet soldier with a knife, slowly.

It's to lets all the pansy liberal-minded feel good about themselves. So it serves that purpose, even on a without-a-doubt case like this.

Autokrat
You know, I dare say that I don't think I've ever seen anything as horrific. It was weird though, the violence itself didn't bother me, it was the fact that the creatures took entertainment out of it that did.

I say the creatures responsible should be donated to science as living test subjects.

Mairuzu
If only.

Robtard
If only.

Kid's got a point. Killing them or locking them up forever won't help society, it'll just keep it safe(which is good).

Using them as test subjects until they die of natural or unnatural causes could be a benefit to society while still staying true to the 'keeping society safe' aspect. It's like a win-win; who doesn't like that?

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard
Are you sure you want to watch it? I don't, as I've seen similar already and this shit stays in your mind. Like the video of the Taliban putting boot to head and beheading a Soviet soldier with a knife, slowly.

I'm more bothered by seeing that stuff with animals and children.

Definitely makes me upset to see an adult caught on camera, abusing a child, or an animal. It's the complete helplessness and innocence that makes me a tad angry.

But none of it ever makes me feel sick.

There's this website called machovideo that basically has all this stuff on it.

Example: there's was this one video on there where this middle aged couple was going through a nasty divorce and the wife had enough of it so the wife walked in one day at his store and unloaded 4 rounds into the husband, then walked around the other side of his desk and popped a couple of caps in his head and unloaded the rest into his body. He was DEFINITELY dead and what she did was literally, overkill. I laughed. sad

It's to lets all the pansy liberal-minded feel good about themselves. So it serves that purpose, even on a without-a-doubt case like this.

I'm not sure what "it" refers to here. The prison time or the killing of the obviously 100% for sure mass murderers?

Originally posted by Autokrat
I say the creatures responsible should be donated to science as living test subjects.

Indeed. I've stated this before. Why not use their forfeit lives to save many others? We could move some treatments (drugs) into phase II that we are unsure of. Help speed some stuff up.

Mairuzu
Kid's got a point. Killing them or locking them up forever won't help society, it'll just keep it safe(which is good).

Using them as test subjects until they die of natural or unnatural causes could be a benefit to society while still staying true to the 'keeping society safe' aspect. It's like a win-win; who doesn't like that? Would it be concidered Cruel and unusual punishment?

jinXed by JaNx
They should be executed. I don't understand why they haven't been executed. I'm at a complete loss. If ever there were a time where someone deserves to be executed this is it. twenty one RANDOM murders. I'll say that again..,twenty one RANDOM murders committed over a long period of time. Not only did these people murder random people while having no apparent motive, they also tortured them.

No one can justify any execution after the sentencing of this case. Unless there is no death penalty there is no reason why these kids shouldn't have been murdered as punishment.

Robtard
I'm not sure what "it" refers to here. The prison time or the killing of the obviously 100% for sure mass murderers?

Your: "There's no reason to waste money". Money wasted is to make people feel good about themselves.

Robtard
Would it be concidered Cruel and unusual punishment?

Depends who you ask. But if you ask me, that stance is silly. Some states have the death penalty, so we can kill a murderer, but it's wrong to cause them some pain? Nonsense.

dadudemon
Your: "There's no reason to waste money". Money wasted is to make people feel good about themselves.
AHA!

The Dark Cloud
The thing about life in prison is that there's no guarentee it will be for life. Often lifers are released because they're "old and no longer considered a threat to society". In the end, all that really means is they didn't pay for what they did. I disagree with Bardock on this one...I think not only does society have the right, it has the duty to execute criminals like this. I am opposed to the death penalty where there's only circumstantial evidence but that isn't the case here.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by The Dark Cloud
The thing about life in prison is that there's no guarentee it will be for life. Often lifers are released because they're "old and no longer considered a threat to society". In the end, all that really means is they didn't pay for what they did. I disagree with Bardock on this one...I think not only does society have the right, it has the duty to execute criminals like this. I am opposed to the death penalty where there's only circumstantial evidence but that isn't the case here. Bardock is apart of society and he disagrees. What do you mean by society? The majority?

Despite them being old and unable to harm anyone... they spent their whole entire life in prison (compared to what little they have left)

Is there really a rule to say you're too old for prison? I mean... they'll probably have to be hospitalized by saying they're "too old" and not nessicarilty free, right?

Bardock42
The thing about life in prison is that there's no guarentee it will be for life. Often lifers are released because they're "old and no longer considered a threat to society". In the end, all that really means is they didn't pay for what they did. I disagree with Bardock on this one...I think not only does society have the right, it has the duty to execute criminals like this. I am opposed to the death penalty where there's only circumstantial evidence but that isn't the case here.

I understand your point, I just personally don't think that it is right for "us" as a society to take anyone's life, since there are other options. I do think that criminals can be rehabilitated, too, or at least be useful to society while in prison.

The Dark Cloud
. What do you mean by society? The majority?

For the most part...yes. Society is our country, it's laws, customs, and traditions. Funny how it's ok to kill during war, but never any other time. In my opinion the only reason to possibly be opposed to capital punishment is you might execute the wrong person, which is why I'm in favor only in the case of hard physical evidence. Bardocks argument is "it shouldn't be in the power of the system to kill someone" but didn't the killers kill someone? Being able to do that and having society not being able to exact that as punishment makes the killer above the "system"

Mairuzu
Not all of society is for the war.

Bardock42
For the most part...yes. Society is our country, it's laws, customs, and traditions. Funny how it's ok to kill during war, but never any other time.

Not a big fan of war either. But potentially I think it is also right to kill in acute self defense.

The Dark Cloud
I understand your point, I just personally don't think that it is right for "us" as a society to take anyone's life, since there are other options. I do think that criminals can be rehabilitated, too, or at least be useful to society while in prison.

I agree some criminals can and are rehabilitated but they are the minority. For the most part prison only hardens and makes "better criminals" (for want of a better term) of the offenders.

Another part of prison is to be punished for what you did. I'd say that in the case of violent criminals it's more important for them to be punished than to be rehabilitated because they commited a violent act against someone else. I definitly think more leeway should be given to offenders involving non violent crimes.

Adam_PoE
I defer to Gandalf regarding the ethics of capital punishment:

"Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo? Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

Robtard
"The guilty must be punished." - Frank Castle

lil bitchiness
I've seen this while ago. According to sources, they did this for money. For a website that was going to be put up of people being, well brutally murdered.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
I defer to Gandalf regarding the ethics of capital punishment:

"Many that live deserve death. Some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them, Frodo? Do not be too eager to deal out death in judgment. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

That's all well and good until someone goes on a murder spree whilst having no moral response, especially when they get off on random and torturous killing.

Autokrat
If someone claims that using them as test subjects would be cruel and unusual. Then consider that beating someone with a hammer is cruel and unusual. Using someone who beats people with a hammer as a research subject is productively salvaging a bad situation.

dadudemon
Saw the vid. Buncha little shits.

I think that torture and mutilation would be appropriate in this instance.

And what was that yellow thing that dude was smacking the old man's head with at the beginning of the vid?

If someone claims that using them as test subjects would be cruel and unusual. Then consider that beating someone with a hammer is cruel and unusual. Using someone who beats people with a hammer as a research subject is productively salvaging a bad situation

lulz

I like your logic.

Mairuzu
If someone claims that using them as test subjects would be cruel and unusual. Then consider that beating someone with a hammer is cruel and unusual. Using someone who beats people with a hammer as a research subject is productively salvaging a bad situation. I was in favor for it. I just didn't want it to be considered that so we can take some action! evil face

Still tempted to watch the video....

Autokrat
I was in favor for it. I just didn't want it to be considered that so we can take some action! evil face

Still tempted to watch the video....

I wouldn't watch it, its... **** its just... wrong on every level I can think of.

shiv
A lifetime as research specimens for infectious diseases sounds good.

Originally posted by lil bitchiness
I've seen this while ago. According to sources, they did this for money. For a website that was going to be put up of people being, well brutally murdered.

You signed up for a subscription to this site?

Bicnarok
Put them down like the sick animals they are.

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by shiv
A lifetime as research specimens for infectious diseases sounds good.

You signed up for a subscription to this site?

I'll let you work that out, by re-reading the sentence and guessing which verb tense and mood has been used.

Mairuzu
I wouldn't watch it, its... **** its just... wrong on every level I can think of. I thought he actually had a link to it. I'm not gonna bother searching for it.

dadudemon
I thought he actually had a link to it. I'm not gonna bother searching for it.

I'll PM it to you, homie.

inimalist
I'm interested in what compelling research people think could be done on these individuals?

Ms.Marvel
pain thresholds?

Mairuzu
How many tinkies can they survive off of for the rest of their life.

Bardock42
Originally posted by inimalist
I'm interested in what compelling research people think could be done on these individuals? I hear they use pigs in narcosis in tests where they bomb them to find new medical strategies to help victims of bombings survive. That apparently has two problems a) they are pigs and b) they are in narcosis. Those guys would make much better test subjects as far as I can tell.

Robtard
I'm interested in what compelling research people think could be done on these individuals?

Cosmetics.

Mairuzu
hahahah

Symmetric Chaos

Obviously not much on them alone but I'm sure if we used all sufficiently evil people (we can start with Jews, I guess) for scientific testing we could learn a lot about the body.

shiv
I'll let you work that out, by re-reading the sentence and guessing which verb tense and mood has been used.

Your sauce intrigues me

Mairuzu
Kind of like how they used Cain to make a robocop 2

lil bitchiness
Originally posted by shiv
Your sauce intrigues me

The source is I can read Russian.

jaden101

Commie bastard.

shiv

hot sauce, but I'll need to check your credentials.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.