Bayonetta/Dante(DMC 4) vs Kratos/War

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

danteiscool
all are at full power (in Dante's and War's case, they're both in their transformed states). Dante only has rebellion, ebony and ivory, but has all of his styles from DMC4 and they're all fully upgraded.

DarkestSonata
Is this the Kratos from GoW2? If so does he have the Blade of Olympus?

Even if he does, as your thread implies, this will still probably be a 2-on-1 fight. War is pretty ridiculous but I don't know if he can handle both Bayonetta and Dante.

Then again Kratos could hold off one of the two long enough for War to finish with the other one. Once this is a 2-on-1 fight it should be fairly easy to eliminate the other one.

It all depends on whether or not Kratos will last long enough for War to kill one of the combatants, though he will probably fail.

BloodRain
Dante the only one to get nerfed? By transformed you mean chaos form and devil form? In that case chaos and majin stalemate.

Doubt War will kill one before one kills Kratos.

Maester_yoda
War has some BA abilities, but unless he can get some help from Kratos i don't know if he will win alone. His chaos form is invincible, but to be fair he should be able to get hurt while in that form

BloodRain
Majin form counters Chaos form.

redninjas
war and kratos 2 macho fighters vs 2 girls? give me a break ... dante is too gay to fight seriously look what nero did to him in a fight and bayonetta isnt powerful enough or durable enough to stand against war or even kratos

BloodRain
Kratos gets stabbed, dies, comes back, stabbed again, dies again, and is saved from death.
Now that is durability.... dieing twice, score erm

redninjas
kratos is too skilled and too much of a fighter for dante because dante is just a dancing clown nothing more, war takes out bayonetta while kratos humiliating dante and cut his head off immortal my ass

BloodRain
Thats the same as saying; Kratos wins 'cos Dante wont.
Seeing as Dante could slice his head of, clean his blade, wipe the blood splatter off his face, twitter Nero about what he did just did and do a 'singing in the rain' esk dance before Kratos' head hits the floor.

*cough* Unless you have a half-decent reason to how he can harm or even touch Team 2? War is the main/only threat,

redninjas
look at the wat nero owned dante in the beginning scene and in the boss fight... dante is just a joker he isnt a war dog like kratos for **** sake kratos is the god of war look at him ripping people apart with his bare hands dante is immortal but kratos can just grab him and tear his arm off or his leg he is too vocoius and skilled for dante he will murder dante

BloodRain
Yeah everyone by now knows that Dante put no effort into that fight, one play-through of the game and that becomes painfully obvious. From the acquiring Alastor cutscene i can safely say that the chaces of Kratos getting a hit in are 1 in 1000 (lowered for Kratos' sake), not to mention QS. It only takes one stab to kill the spartan. no expression

The ONLY thing he has over Dante is strength, alot of good thats gonna do if he's outclassed in every other way.

Oh, and Bay can take him too.

Maester_yoda
Dante is too good for the like of Kratos to win. despite him playing through most of the fight, he has to much going for him. Kratos gets shot....i don't think he is getting up from that. Bay is way to overrated. I know she can't do a thing to War. Maybe kratos will try and distract her long enough for War to kill her, who knows.

It all boils down to Dante vs War. I love both characters and they both have amazing feats, but i think it tips slightly in Dante's favor because of agility and time stop. War has fought teleporters before and they didn't pose to much of a problem. Plus dante doesn't have the strength to bring down the horseman. It just comes down to War, if he can hit Dante, cutting off Dante's head. Thats the only way i see team 2 winning

BloodRain
Now that i think of it a single bullet to he head would be instant death :/ and hes not really the bullet timer to evade.

He'd go down first then Bay. Would then be pretty equal if it wasnt for the fact that for a while, with kratos going down easy, it would be 2vs1 till Bay falls. By then War will have a bit more damage then Dante.

Close but leans to team 1.

redninjas
there is nothing dante can do to put war down, war is too strong and durable for dante he cant be hurt by dante , let me put it this way dante is just another demon for war ... war is above angels and demons he is the balance between them he is above both angels and demons and dante simple cant do any real damage to war he will tear dante apart

as for kratos who said dante will be landing a hit first? kratos got the reach advantage with the chaos blades i see him cutting dantes head off with the chaos blads or just tagging him and ripping his arms off

BloodRain
Kratos hos no durability from a blade or being pierced. Meaning a single stab or shot will end him. Yeah..... that balance, demons and angels thing, means nothing.

He'll get the first, last and all the hits. He's shown doing 5 full slashes in less then 0.1 seconds, his QS pretty much stops time and other means of proof that the weakest version of Dante can out manurer Kratos.

Unless you have proof that; 1. a stab wont kill him, 2. he has speed and agility faster then it takes to blink and 3. that he can do anything to get a hit in.

redninjas
you are wrong here because kratos is by far more vicious a better fighter and got range advantage over dante with the chaos blades he will kill him

Maester_yoda
Originally posted by redninjas
you are wrong here because kratos is by far more vicious a better fighter and got range advantage over dante with the chaos blades he will kill him

wait...you say he has more range than dante? The Sparde blade i think it was could extend much like BoO and uhh....Dante has guns

BloodRain

And what does vicious mean? A mad dog's more vicious then I am but a good kick will still take care of it no expression *cough*

No you're thinking mid-range, that they are even in (weaponry wise). Really think Kratos is a better fighter? Cause I can tell you now thats false. Urm, yeah it'll only take a few bullets :/

Phanteros
Yeah because a guy who went through several bronze roofs and and can summon dimensions is going to die from bullets. In god form Kratos is as big as a mountain, That and with gauntlet of zeus he has continential strength with this combination as in his regular form the gaunglet allowed him to force the are of a titan that can hold the earth's crust.

Maester_yoda
Originally posted by Phanteros
Yeah because a guy who went through several bronze roofs and and can summon dimensions is going to die from bullets. In god form Kratos is as big as a mountain, That and with gauntlet of zeus he has continential strength with this combination as in his regular form the gaunglet allowed him to force the are of a titan that can hold the earth's crust.

please stop...its over

Phanteros
Originally posted by Maester_yoda
please stop...its over If this is your rebuttal then I believe you need to stop since you don't apparently have an arguement so the debate isn't over.

BloodRain

Yoda's right... but i cant resist. As ive worked out and besides the obvious; Pierce<blunt, as shown when he was stabbed on two occasions and died and a bullet is closed to stab then to blunt. Not that i cant be bothered to go into that strength, well yeah i cant be bothered, but that has nothing to do with durability. Kratos wont hit Dante.

As mentioned its better to pit Bay against Kratos and Dante against War. Either way the winning team is the same.

Phanteros
Originally posted by BloodRain
Yoda's right... but i cant resist. As ive worked out and besides the obvious; Pierce<blunt, as shown when he was stabbed on two occations and died and a bullet is closed to stab then to blunt. Not that i cant be bothered to go into that strength, well yeah i cant be bothered, but that has nothing to do with durability. Kratos wont hit Dante.

As mentioned its better to pit Bay against Kratos and Dante against War. Either way the winning team is the same.
1 time in normal form
1. one time when he was weaken from being crushed

this is Kratos in full powered god mode and the size of a mountain his attacks with the sword and his weapons are going to be enormous AoE attacks especially with BoO and that fire attack from CoO. that and he can simple suck Dante in a wormhole. I doubt a gun is going to anything to him in that size.

Burning thought
I think depending on her form Bayonetta is the strongest and maybe even the most durable. And based on reflexes, possibly even the fastest. I also concede that Bayonetta can indeed use time powers any time she likes for limited durations.

Foxy Shazam
In Chaos form War is completely invulnerable, if the OP is trying to say War has no time constraint on Chaos form then War solos. There's nothing either Dante or Bayonetta can do to him in Chaos form.

Burning thought
Thats a no limit fallacy, what are the specifics on this chaos form? whats backing the power of it? and most importantly what feats does it have?

Assuming you can answer all those questions to my liking you can not only have a suger free lollipop:

http://www.aimfundraising.com/images/lollipop-fundraiser.jpg

But you can also then answer me how fast he is and if he can catch up to Bayonetta or Dante?

Foxy Shazam
No need to be smug pal, I'm just stating facts. If in fact the OP is saying that there's no limit on War's Chaos form then it would be a no limit fallacy seeing as it's meant to have a time limit. Anywho, War's chaos form is his true body, as a horseman of the apocalypse he's powered by the charred council. They are the supreme beings in the Darksiders universe. As far as feats go, he never uses it in of a cut scene but as I said before your totally invulnerable, you can just stand there and let anyone wail on you to no avail, bosses included. As far as speed goes War loses alot of his speed in chaos form, but that doesn't really matter if they can't hurt him.

Burning thought
Well assuming you are correct on all accounts then Kraots gets killed and War is just left chasing after them. He cant harm them because their too fast, they cant hurt him. I have my doubts however but I dont know much on War or the true intensions of this thread (its strange to make an invincability power last forever in a VS thread) so Ill not continue the matter.

But you can have a nice little lollipop out of any of those i presented. Which do you choose hun?

iChaos
look at the wat nero owned dante in the beginning scene and in the boss fight... dante is just a joker he isnt a war dog like kratos for **** sake kratos is the god of war look at him ripping people apart with his bare hands dante is immortal but kratos can just grab him and tear his arm off or his leg he is too vocoius and skilled for dante he will murder dante

Dante can rip people in half sad Besides, even though Dante would be stupid enough to taunt Kratos, I doubt he would stand there like an ass.

Didn't you claim that a bullet would kill Kratos? Or that it wouldn't take one bullet or some shit? Suck him in a wormhole? Nah, Kratos can't do that, and that's before a dimentional wormhole is put into his chest (if Majin Form is even allowed). But yeah, I agree, I doubt a gun is going to do anything to him.

BloodRain
You know if War get a constant Choas state then Dante gets a constant Majin state :/ who may i add actually gains speed.

Then it'll be a race of the two to kill the mortal ones first. With Wars speed I don't see him winning that race.

Maester_yoda
War's strength goes up exponentially in Chaos form and as Foxy stated he is invincible. His speed is the issue, which is rather slow. Dante's Majin Form would be allowed and it does make him stronger yes. In the end it comes down to Invincible War vs invincible Dante. War can sustain this form indefinitely, i don't know if Dante can. (its War's true from)

BloodRain
Devil forms have a limit but thats gameplay only as those forms are their true forms (think Sparda). Is there really a point in having to invincibles fight? Can only assume Wars stronger of the two so his form would be better physically, thought Dantes speed would even it up. Better just to judge them without these transformed states.

Maester_yoda
of a truth. Ok then so Dante vs War no transformations

War Has a demon gun that shoots four bullets with each shot and he can shoot about 6 shots a second. 6 x 4 = 24. So 24 shots a second and he can never run out of ammo

He also has a bladed glaive type weapon that tracks and hold whoever it hits in place. He has a hookshot that can zip him to whatever object it hits, or pull said object to him. He has a scythe that is kinda non important. He has the Armageddon blade, just a big BA blade, nothing to fancy.

He rides on Ruin who is a flame horse that can run pretty fast and can detonate itself, only to reform. He has Super strength, i don't know the tonnage, but its up there.

He is a slow character, but very durable. Can fall from any height, tank angelic and demonic blasts that easily kill other demons and angels. Can tank Lava blasts

Can turn entire body to stone, make his defense skyrocket and he can't be blown back
Can cause poison to come from himself, not damaging him but slowly killing those he infects
Can cause body to turn to fire and make others burn while he receives no damage

Also can momentarily glide....this helps him none in this battle but hey thought i'd just throw it out there

BloodRain

Maester_yoda

Dante'd have to do swordmaster a few slashes then trickster out of there and gunslinger some ranged moves, royalguarding any blow that come his way. (wanted to see if i could include the 4 styles in a single sentence :3

LOL, nicely done.

I think that Dante would have to get close, but thats when he gets in trouble. He prob couldn't go sword to sword with War, So he would pummel him with bullet fire while running like a mad man, occasionally trying to squeeze in and hit war. He could still devil trigger though yen? or is he still invincible in those modes....i forget

iChaos
Couldn't he just turn his chain into ice?

Also, Cerberus has pretty long range (@ 0:16-17).

7GEzYjvKFwQ&feature=related

@yoda: Well, fire can hurt neither. Anyway, how high has he fallen (jw)?

BloodRain
OP is only letting Dante use rebellion, ebony and ivory.

Not invincible but soo much stronger, but we'll see how normal Dante gets at it first. He could go sword to sword but in a more defensive way.

Maester_yoda
@chaos
From gameplay you call fall and die from going to the edge of the screen or level, but thats PIS. I would say comfortably that he has fallen from roughly 20 stories up? and no indication of getting hurt at all. i know Dante has ran down that huge demon tower in DMC 3 without getting hurt

danteiscool
to clear up an issue there is a 10 minute time limit (can't have it too long or it's just pointless) on Dante's devil trigger and War's chaos form. I forgot to add that earlier. sorry for the wait.

also once they turn back to normal, they can't transform for 15 minutes (again, saying this to try and keep all things fair).

BloodRain

iChaos
@chaos
From gameplay you call fall and die from going to the edge of the screen or level, but thats PIS. I would say comfortably that he has fallen from roughly 20 stories up? and no indication of getting hurt at all. i know Dante has ran down that huge demon tower in DMC 3 without getting hurt

Well, he fell from space unto Earth and was fine (Hell). He has fallen from some height(s), and shrugged it off.

Maester_yoda

FWahMaN
This goes for all vs threads created with Bayonetta in it and the one's to come...actually I'll post this in the Bayonetta vs Dante thread as well.

When it comes to punching the Buddha statue looking thing in the sun, Bayo's hair (which is her weapon) was merging with another females hair, that being the "white/non-gothic" version of Bayonetta which is like her counterpart. That doesn't count as a feat for Bayonetta, but a feat of Bayonetta+white-haired-chick's-name, although Bayonetta does contribute half of the power, I would say.

Maester_yoda
Originally posted by FWahMaN
This goes for all vs threads created with Bayonetta in it and the one's to come...actually I'll post this in the Bayonetta vs Dante thread as well.

When it comes to punching the Buddha statue looking thing in the sun, Bayo's hair (which is her weapon) was merging with another females hair, that being the "white/non-gothic" version of Bayonetta which is like her counterpart. That doesn't count as a feat for Bayonetta, but a feat of Bayonetta+white-haired-chick's-name, although Bayonetta does contribute half of the power, I would say.

very good info, thank you

FWahMaN
Oh, yer welcome. Someone actually likes me around here...kinda.

BloodRain
Me and yoda are actually your biggest fans ^^

sushi&toast
to tell you the truth i didnt like the game... i finished the game and all but i didnt like it and i do like devil may cry, the problem with this game is first of all very long loading times, second of all the cretures you fight are too wierd and idiotic looking i cant understand wtf are they suppose to be, you barelly fight any fighters most of the game you just fight a huge monster and repeat the same monster after 2 levels its like shadow of the colossus you fight a huge monster and thats the end of the level , and the last and most anoying thing is that the pace of the game is too fast and you cant understand wtf is going on all you see is bayonetta jumping and doing some moves that are too fast to be understood but you just press the evade move and continue to press the combos you remember without seing them or understanding them i am sorry but for me this game suck

Maester_yoda
Me and yoda are actually your biggest fans ^^

i support this message

And as far as Bayonetta being a good game, i dont know. Never played it, it looked interesting, but i think im going to pass. DMC is way better and i actually like Dante more then most other video game characters (*with the exception of Old Snake) big grin

Burning thought
I prefer Bayonetta, the bosses imo are more interesting and unusual.

BloodRain
Only played a lil bit at a mates but the combat to me is more filling in dmc. And other small details.

Burning thought
fullfilling? after playing both recently I feel the characters in DMC are a little more cumbersome and slow to react. Its a harder game to use the combos well because if you angle them wrong you can leave yourself open. This can be more interesting but then again, in Bayonetta your combos are faster and theres probably just as many. Their also flashier in Bayonetta, most of her powers can summon huge hangs or feet, explosions or a large anime esque sword wave.

BloodRain
Nope, 'filling'. Also not a huge fan of summons, like to get the blood on MY hands not a giants foot.

Maester_yoda
But i have to say i had fun using the summons in FFX....not to sound like a geek

Burning thought
Their not slow summons though, I am refering to a blast of energy, a huge fist made of fire or such that appears at the end of a high level combo. She does however summon torture devices and giant monsters on bosses, adding variety to number of ways to fight.

Phanteros
I like Darksiders boss in terms of character.

Maester_yoda
yeh, Abaddon was a really cool end fight i thought. its been a while since we have seen bosses with different forms and what not.

Phanteros
yeh, Abaddon was a really cool end fight i thought. its been a while since we have seen bosses with different forms and what not. yeah also been awhile to see Mark Hamil too.

my only complaint is War's characterization could of been better

FWahMaN
Me and yoda are actually your biggest fans ^^ ...my....fans? cry

Sin_Volvagia
Remove Dante so that this could be a more fair fight. But remove Bayonetta and Dante loses.

yeh, Abaddon was a really cool end fight i thought. its been a while since we have seen bosses with different forms and what not.

I preferred the fight with Uriel. Maybe I just like her better. It's kinda disappointing that Lilith and the three other horsemen didn't make an appearance (they're in the artbook and even have concept sketches).

Originally posted by FWahMaN

While there was white hair being combined with black hair, Jeanne was nowhere seen when Bayonetta summoned Queen Sheba.

sushi&toast
well its not just her hair i mean her attackes are too fast and wierd so you cant understand what she is doing and you also always have to keep an eye on theenemy so you basically just pressing the combos without seing or understanding what she is doing its like taz the tasmanian devil when he spins around cant see a shit , in games like god of war or darksiders or prince of persia pr even devil may cry you can see the moves but here its just too fast and weird looking to be understood now some people like it some dont i just dont

the huge boss fights sometimes repeat in the game most of them are not but still this is a 16 chapter game each chapter is a short level and some of the levels are just defeat the huge monster and thats it the level is over and you can beat the monster in like 2 minutes and when you finish the entire game you go like wtf did just happen? thats why people play thisgame again and again because when you finish it once you feel like you didnt do anything

Burning thought
My views were similiar until I played it for quite a while and got used to it. How long did you play? with me at first I was like "wtf how am I supposed to time an attack or combo when I cant even see my character?" but by the end of the game I was letting off all my attacks fairly easily and knew where I was going to end up and what I was doing. Maybe its because I hadnt got used to DMC/GOW like you have? since I hadnt played a game like them for a long time my senses were not particularly attuned to a certain game speed.

BloodRain
I played dmc3 dmd(hardest mode) in turbo mode and still i didnt like Bayonettas combat, speed wasnt the issue. Maybe cause i went into the game thinking it would be the same as dmc is why it didnt work out for me.

Maester_yoda
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
Remove Dante so that this could be a more fair fight. But remove Bayonetta and Dante loses.

I preferred the fight with Uriel. Maybe I just like her better. It's kinda disappointing that Lilith and the three other horsemen didn't make an appearance (they're in the artbook and even have concept sketches).

While there was white hair being combined with black hair, Jeanne was nowhere seen when Bayonetta summoned Queen Sheba.

I agree with the spoiler. i think it is setting up for a very nice sequel though

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.