Onslaught vs. Thanos.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pinksushi1
Both are at full power and both are blood lusted.

Onslaught (Xavier, Magneto, X-Man and Franklin Richards)

Thanos does not have the IG or the HOTU.

Any ideas?

confused confused

galactusischere
Take out Franklin, and u have a fight.

pinksushi1
Is Thanos immune to reality warping powers?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by pinksushi1
Is Thanos immune to reality warping powers?
He has some resistance but he isn't immune.

Mindset
Is Thanos immune to reality warping powers? Yes, he is protected by Quan.

Merlyn
Even with Frank what did Onslaught do that was so damn impressive? I mean it has been a while since I read that god awful saga, but I cannot recall any "OMG teh UBER" feats right off hand. Creating a sun maybe?

Meh Thanos ftw.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Mindset
Yes, he is protected by Quan.
laughing out loud

ares834
laughing

Omega Vision
His protection is so great he can retcon defeats by arbitrarily deciding things aren't canon for Thanos. smile

King Kandy
I don't think the reality warping is the biggest threat here.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Omega Vision
His protection is so great he can retcon defeats by arbitrarily deciding things aren't canon for Thanos. smile
lol, when has he ever claimed something was non canon that wasn't? Squirrel girl is the only possible area of contention I see there.

ares834
Originally posted by King Kandy
lol, when has he ever claimed something was non canon that wasn't? Squirrel girl is the only possible area of contention I see there.
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b385/Orlando716/thanos.jpg
Too tricky for his own good... lol

King Kandy
that is non-canon. It happened in the electric company crossover.

pinksushi1
"Yes, he is protected by Quan."

LOL.

What about the scan here?

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/proteus-vs-thanos/528869/#15

pinksushi1
"I don't think the reality warping is the biggest threat here."

What is then?

King Kandy
IDK... Onslaught probably just has more raw power than Thanos.

shokosugi
Onslaught > Odin >> Thanos

batdude123
Shut up, skank. uhuh

pinksushi1
Any other thoughts?

I was also trying to make an Onslaught vs Blackheart and

Onslaught vs Silver Surfer thread, but couldn't. embarrasment embarrasment embarrasment

Batman-Prime

laughing

galactusischere
Onslaught is alooot more powerful than Surfer and Blackheart. It would be spite.

King Kandy
That's a pretty dumb argument since Thanos is also beyond those two.

pinksushi1
Blackheart can probably defeat Surfer. Thanos is above the two though.

Nihilist
Thanos ftw

Alot of Onslaughts hype was based on what he could of done and what lvl he could of become.

Batman-Prime
I really love Thanos, he is in fact my most beloved character, tell you the truth, I'm Thanos but even I have to admit that I can't win this fight.

nono

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
I really love Thanos, he is in fact my most beloved character, tell you the truth, I'm Thanos but even I have to admit that I can't win this fight.

nono

....lol. *gets it*

bbrem123
i really think thanos win this...he has gone against much worst

Warlord
onslaught

Mshinu
Even with without full use of Franklin Richards` powers, Onslaught is too much for Thanos

Bouboumaster
On paper, Onslaught should stomp his face.

However, Thanos win because Onslaught sucked badly in comic apparences.

Xplosive
Onslaught stomps him.

the ninjak
Xavier FTW

Galan007
Originally posted by Nihilist
Thanos ftw

Alot of Onslaughts hype was based on what he could of done and what lvl he could of become. thumb up He was a lot like Hyperstorm in that regard.

Priest
Thanos wins imo

quanchi112
Originally posted by galactusischere
Onslaught is alooot more powerful than Surfer and Blackheart. It would be spite. LOL. Thanos is more powerful than Onslaught.

WhiteWitchKing
Originally posted by Batman-Prime

nono

In other words, you're gay for Superman.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos ftw imo.

Want constitutes a win anyways... would he just have to break open his armor? Regardless, I just don't see Onslaught mind raping thanos nor putting him down.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Galan007
thumb up He was a lot like Hyperstorm in that regard. Agreed thumb up

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
In other words, you're gay for Superman.

Are you flirting with me?

quanchi112
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
In other words, you're gay for Superman. laughing out loud

pinksushi1
Originally posted by Mshinu
Even with without full use of Franklin Richards` powers, Onslaught is too much for Thanos

Well, without Franklin's powers, Onslaught should be able to defeat the Silver Surfer and Thanos has easily defeated the Silver Surfer in the past. So, it depends.

Warping reality should have a devastating effect on Thanos.

galactusischere
Thanos is somewhat resistent to reality warping.

pinksushi1
Somewhat resistant won't cut it for a guy, Onslaught, who is almost always blood lusted and who has 85% of Franklin's reality warping powers.

quanchi112
Somewhat resistant won't cut it for a guy, Onslaught, who is almost always blood lusted and who has 85% of Franklin's reality warping powers. What did he actually do which makes you act like he has a chance against Thanos here?

galactusischere
He created a sun laughing out loud . and got his physical ass handed to him by Hulk.

pinksushi1
Well, that is the problem. He should have been able to do more than create a sun. Obviously, since he has most of Franklin's powers.

Why he did not manage to fight characters like the Silver Surfer or Thanos is beyond me. Maybe he will in the future. Tell the comic book writers. I would love to see the battle.
smile smile smile

Hulk did not hurt Onslaught at all. Cracked him armor at the expense of his hardest hit. Hulk has battled Thanos before as well, and he should have been able to defeat the Hulk in a coulpe of seconds.

galactusischere
He casually pimp slaps Hulk and Surfer before breakfast. Thanos is one bad dude.

pinksushi1
And so would Onslaught. Onslaught can defeat Hulk, as well as the SIlver SUrfer.

galactusischere
Yes he can.
But can he defeat Morg with WOL? Can he give Odin a fight? those are the real questions.

pinksushi1
Did Thanos accomplish said feats with items like the IG? The OP states that Thanos can only use his powers without any other devices or items, like the IG, HOTU, etc.

quanchi112
Did Thanos accomplish said feats with items like the IG? The OP states that Thanos can only use his powers without any other devices or items, like the IG, HOTU, etc. Thanos didn't have the ig or any other item of power when he challenged Odin.

pinksushi1
I wonder if Thanos enters Onslaught and he is just overwhelmed. Can Thanos take on "everyone," like Onslaught did?

quanchi112
I wonder if Thanos enters Onslaught and he is just overwhelmed. Can Thanos take on "everyone," like Onslaught did? Who did Onslaught take on again which so impressed you?

galactusischere
Onslaught didn't beat anyone impressive. Other than Phoenix which was all an illusion.

pinksushi1
Onslaught can't even defeat the Silver Surfer.

quanchi112
Onslaught can't even defeat the Silver Surfer. I wouldn't go that far.

pinksushi1
The Silver Surfer has the Power Cosmic and can destroy planets easily. When has Onslaught?

galactusischere
He created a sun...

pinksushi1
I meant without the reality warping powers from Franklin, because in that case it would be an obvious win for Onslaught.

quanchi112
The Silver Surfer has the Power Cosmic and can destroy planets easily. When has Onslaught? That doesn't mean he can defeat a character who hasn't destroyed a planet on panel.

Mindset
Planet > Sun

Everyone knows that.

quanchi112
Planet > Sun

Everyone knows that. I've even heard about this gay fellow who never destroyed a planet with his hands on panel hold a black hole in his hands before. Now that's just crazy if you ask old quan.

pinksushi1
Originally posted by quanchi112
I've even heard about this gay fellow who never destroyed a planet with his hands on panel hold a black hole in his hands before. Now that's just crazy if you ask old quan.

If Onslaught, without Franklin, could really destroy planets like Silver Surfer can, then he would have. That is what he wanted to do. He wanted to destroy all of Earth and re-create it the way he wanted it to be.

TheTyrant
Thanos wins.

Prep-Man
Onslaught.

quanchi112
If Onslaught, without Franklin, could really destroy planets like Silver Surfer can, then he would have. That is what he wanted to do. He wanted to destroy all of Earth and re-create it the way he wanted it to be. Earth never gets destroyed.

King Kandy
If Onslaught, without Franklin, could really destroy planets like Silver Surfer can, then he would have. That is what he wanted to do. He wanted to destroy all of Earth and re-create it the way he wanted it to be.
Now that is one stupid argument. Obviously he didn't do things like that because it would not serve the plot.

Xplosive
When did Earth get destroyed (except in some very very rare cases; HOM Wanda)?
Thanos didn't have the ig or any other item of power when he challenged Odin.
Power wise, he still wasn't even close match for Odin (who was holding back).

Onslaught power wise should stomp Thanos badly. It's only that he wasn't written as he should be due to what massive power he had. He could be taking on extremely powerful cosmic beings.

the ninjak
Onslaught was put down before he could play his end game.
But with X-man + Franklin abilities destroying the Earth wouldn't have been too hard.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Xplosive
When did Earth get destroyed (except in some very very rare cases; HOM Wanda)?

Power wise, he still wasn't even close match for Odin (who was holding back).

Onslaught power wise should stomp Thanos badly. It's only that he wasn't written as he should be due to what massive power he had. He could be taking on extremely powerful cosmic beings. How wasn't he close to Odin if Odin didn't beat him? Not only this but add an upgrade into the mix and you really don't have a leg to stand on.

So basically you are saying who you want to win and don't have any showings to back you up.

Thanos wins.

carver9
How wasn't he close to Odin if Odin didn't beat him? Not only this but add an upgrade into the mix and you really don't have a leg to stand on.

So basically you are saying who you want to win and don't have any showings to back you up.

Thanos wins.

He wasnt close to Odin quan.

Show me Thanos putting a scratch on Odin.

quanchi112
Originally posted by carver9
He wasnt close to Odin quan.

Show me Thanos putting a scratch on Odin. I don't have to. If he wasn't close to Odin then Odin would have put him down and wouldn't have saluted him as a great opponent.

carver9
I don't have to. If he wasn't close to Odin then Odin would have put him down and wouldn't have saluted him as a great opponent.

But to be close to someone in power you have to inflict damage, not just take it.

Thanos caused no harm at all to odin, not even a scratch but Thanos was on his knees, injured and almost koed.

That was just a show of thanos durability, nothing more, nothing less.

He was a pest to Odin but I'm not going to discredit the feat, it was a good showing for thanos, durability wise.

quanchi112
But to be close to someone in power you have to inflict damage, not just take it.

Thanos caused no harm at all to odin, not even a scratch but Thanos was on his knees, injured and almost koed.

That was just a show of thanos durability, nothing more, nothing less.

He was a pest to Odin but I'm not going to discredit the feat, it was a good showing for thanos, durability wise. Thanos just ran through a concentrated blast of Odin's. That is why he looked as bad as he did. I don't seem to recall Odin running through any long drawn out energy discharges from Thanos do you?

If he was nothing more than a pest Odin wouldn't respect the shite out of him now would he.

carver9
Thanos just ran through a concentrated blast of Odin's. That is why he looked as bad as he did. I don't seem to recall Odin running through any long drawn out energy discharges from Thanos do you?

If he was nothing more than a pest Odin wouldn't respect the shite out of him now would he.

Using your argument, no one would be above anyone.

Wolverine stalemated the Hulk but we all know who is more powerful by a big gap.

Thor stalemated an enraged Celestial but we all know who is more powerful (thor didnt drop not once against the fury of a celestial).

Wonder Woman lasted against Superman but you tend to say that Supes is greater.

The list goes on and on.

What I'M going by is the fact that again, thanos got his a** whipped and badly. It doesnt matter if Thanos walked through a blast because again, I told you that it was a test of Thanos durability.

What you need to realize is that Thanos didnt even scratch or harm Odin in that fight. He did nothing but take pain on himself.

Now again, can you show me anything in that fight that made you think Thanos was a threat to Odin. Show me an attack that made you think Odin=Thanos or that Thanos was on Odins level.

TheTyrant
Im pretty sure Galactus has destroyed the earth twice(not 616)

quanchi112
Using your argument, no one would be above anyone.

Wolverine stalemated the Hulk but we all know who is more powerful by a big gap.

Thor stalemated an enraged Celestial but we all know who is more powerful (thor didnt drop not once against the fury of a celestial).

Wonder Woman lasted against Superman but you tend to say that Supes is greater.

The list goes on and on.

What I'M going by is the fact that again, thanos got his a** whipped and badly. It doesnt matter if Thanos walked through a blast because again, I told you that it was a test of Thanos durability.

What you need to realize is that Thanos didnt even scratch or harm Odin in that fight. He did nothing but take pain on himself.

Now again, can you show me anything in that fight that made you think Thanos was a threat to Odin. Show me an attack that made you think Odin=Thanos or that Thanos was on Odins level. Hulk's put down wolverine before.

Celestials dismiss Thor as nonthreats and have shown the ability to undo his actions. Celestials don't try to kill Thor which is a big difference with Odin and Thanos. Context.

Yes, because Superman ko'd her rather quickly with an all out punch. Thanos wasn't ko'd in the fight against odin was he? did he snap his wrist easily and use squirrels to buy Thanos time to escape Odin's wrath or did he actually run through his blasts themselves?

No, he didn't.

Thanos just waded through a concentrated blast of energy.

The Galactus showing or maker one proved it to me. You ask a question I have answered multiple posts before which makes me think you don't even understand my posts.

pinksushi1
Planet > Sun

Everyone knows that.

I meant to say that Onslaught without Franklin could not defeat the Silver Surfer.

the Darkone
Thanos still wins, more powerful and a lot smarter with tech. Thanos all day, I wouldnt pass Thanos if he cam e up with a weapon that would drained Onslaught of his powers.

Mr Marvel
I may take a little slack for this...but honestly i don't feel that Onslaught can actually put Thanos down! sad sad

pinksushi1
Can Onslaught absorb mutant Inhumans?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.