Superman Vs Adamantium(wolverine)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
this is a durability test.
superman is standing still and cannot brace nor move block or defend.

1.Wolverine gets a running start and slashes at supes as hard as he can.
Does he cut him?

2. Colossus with wolverines claws now part of him takes a running start and slashes at superman as hard as he can.
Does he cut him?

3. Thor with wolverines claws does the same if 1 and 2 doesnt work.
does he cut him?

SoulDevourer
adamatium aint enuf w/o the strenght

only Thor cuts Supe here

JakeTheBank
I doubt Wolverine be able to draw blood from Superman, though I suppose it's possible. Colossus should be able to draw blood from Superman. Thor kills him.

Badabing
Guys, you have to remember how Superman's powers work. I doubt simply one shot from Colossus and even Thor will be enough to hurt Superman, regardless of the adamantium.

Think of when Superman first fought Doomsday. He completely brushed off Doomsday's first punch. The same Doomsday that was schooling the JLA. As the fight progressed and Superman's reserves were taxed, Doomsday went on to physically hurt him.

If it's several shots from, most likely Thor, then I could see Superman's defenses getting worn down to the point he gets hurt.

Merlyn
Superman vibrates at a counter-adamantium's frequency and disintegrates Wolverine. smile

Badabing
Originally posted by Merlyn
Superman vibrates at a counter-adamantium's frequency and disintegrates Wolverine. smile Oh boy, I was wondering when the chaos would start in this thread. laughing out loud

stick out tongue

HevyDevy
Originally posted by Badabing
Guys, you have to remember how Superman's powers work. I doubt simply one shot from Colossus and even Thor will be enough to hurt Superman, regardless of the adamantium.

Think of when Superman first fought Doomsday. He completely brushed off Doomsday's first punch. The same Doomsday that was schooling the JLA. As the fight progressed and Superman's reserves were taxed, Doomsday went on to physically hurt him.

If it's several shots from, most likely Thor, then I could see Superman's defenses getting worn down to the point he gets hurt. Supermans durabilty isn't going to withstand Thor taking a swipe at him with adamantium claws. Unless by reserves, you mean standing on the suns surface.

Batman-Prime
1. Scratch
2. Cut
3. Deep cut

rotiart
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C

Does he cut him?

2. Colossus with wolverines claws now part of him takes a running start and slashes at superman as hard as he can.
Does he cut him?

does he cut him?

1. cuts into him.
2. kills him.
3. wtf kills him.

galactusischere
1- Flesh wound
2- Deep wound
3- Kills

chomperx9

If it's several shots from, most likely Thor, then I could see Superman's defenses getting worn down to the point he gets hurt. sad

-Pr-
Wolverine aint doing shit.
Colossus has a chance, but a very, very slim one.
Thor can do it.

chomperx9
Originally posted by -Pr-
Wolverine aint doing shit.
Colossus has a chance, but a very, very slim one.
Thor can do it. i agree.

also please try to watch the language. its verry important that we KMC members try to keep the KMC community clean of using verbal language so we set an example for our minors that visit our site daily.

thank you

Harbinger
^Lawl.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by rotiart
1. cuts into him.
2. kills him.
3. wtf kills him. i lol'd

-Pr-
Originally posted by chomperx9
i agree.

also please try to watch the language. its verry important that we KMC members try to keep the KMC community clean of using verbal language so we set an example for our minors that visit our site daily.

thank you

Q99
Thor'll do a deep cut, but even then I doubt it'll be fatal unless it's in a vital place.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Q99
Thor'll do a deep cut, but even then I doubt it'll be fatal unless it's in a vital place.

Give Hercules the claws and a free shot and it will be the most vital part he has.

Mshinu
Wolvie scratches supes like he did to Thor
Colossus cuts him
Thor inflicts a serious, potentially fatal wound

Doctor-Alvis

If it's several shots from, most likely Thor, then I could see Superman's defenses getting worn down to the point he gets hurt.
So what you're saying is Superman has a ridiculous form of mana shield?

Mindship
1. Nothing
2. Scratch
3. Penetration

SoulDevourer
i agree.

thank you yo tbh i dont give a **** about clean language
big grin

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by Mindship

3. Penetration hoho

Warlord
colossus could do it

Mindship
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
hoho Glad to see someone had their morning coffee.

Juntai
I don't see metal cutting Superman regardless of who swings it, unless it's enchanted in some form.

Galan007
^ Agreed. Maybe if Batman had an adamantium spike attached to his leg, and swung with that, there would be enough force exerted to penetrate (giggity) Superman. Maybe.

Sans that though..... ermmnone

manx422
Superman ain't getting cut

roughrider
Originally posted by Mshinu
Wolvie scratches supes like he did to Thor
Colossus cuts him
Thor inflicts a serious, potentially fatal wound

Thor's skin is easier to pierce than Superman's. I don't believe Wolverine does more than irritates him.

Colossus has a shot at drawing blood.

Thor manages to plunge them deeper.

The only precedence for this is Doomsday's bone spikes, and how much damage they did to Superman. Otherwise it would take kryptonite or magic based weapons to pierce his skin.

nicamarvin
Originally posted by roughrider
Thor's skin is easier to pierce than Superman's. I don't believe Wolverine does more than irritates him.

Colossus has a shot at drawing blood.

Thor manages to plunge them deeper.

The only precedence for this is Doomsday's bone spikes, and how much damage they did to Superman. Otherwise it would take kryptonite or magic based weapons to pierce his skin. How about if its Juggernaut and he is allowed to use his Momentum?.. confused

Lord Feron
Draws a tiny bit of blood but nothing at all serious.

Colossus with all his might should be able to plunge it deep into his chest or skull for a kill.

Thor stabbing supes would be more like a normal person stabbing another normal person with a super sharp knife. It's gonna get messy, think of that dude in bathroom during Scarface.

Lord Feron

The only precedence for this is Doomsday's bone spikes, and how much damage they did to Superman. Otherwise it would take kryptonite or magic based weapons to pierce his skin.

And the fact that supes gets hurt, damage, bleed from things that are not magical or k-nite related... just that...fact...

-K-M-
shifty

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f188/A_Flight5/adamantiumcutta4wd.jpg

Lord Feron
Originally posted by -K-M-
shifty

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f188/A_Flight5/adamantiumcutta4wd.jpg
stick out tongue

Parmaniac
Good example why Cross overs aren't canon

the ninjak
I've seen a vampire pierce Supes neck!
If you made a sword out of vampire teeth you can take Supes head off eek!

galactusischere
Yup, Crucifer did it.

tideoftime
Originally posted by the ninjak
I've seen a vampire pierce Supes neck!
If you made a sword out of vampire teeth you can take Supes head off eek!

Vampire's fangs are *inherently* supernatural, so that is to be expected. (Similar to how The Cheetah's claws can cut Clark, especially when backed by superspeed.)

Wolverine: a scratch, at best. Logan doesn't have the strength or momentum capability to back adamantium's durabilty/harm potential.

Colossus: *Might* have the ability to to make a moderate wound, but it would take all of his strength.

Thor: Has the strength to back adamantium's potential damage ability -- Supes will be pretty hurt, possibly in a potentially lethal manner. Not a definite kill, as it won't do what, say, Mjolner would be capable of (as it doesn't have Mjolner's magical backing), but still pretty bad.

As far as the cross-over pic above, what might be being overlooked is that the beam is indicated as being able to cut through adamantium; supes tanks it with at best as superficial wound;comparitively you would need tremendous strength to back an adamantium weapon, as such, to penetrate Supes defenses/durability. Hence, Logan's out, Colossus is marginal, and Thor fits the bill, though not for a definite kill.

EDIT: Yikes. My edit ate words. Never edited mid-sentence before, and didn't realize it didn't bump, but removed and contracted, so my one sentence droped stuff: should have said "at best a superficial wound/easily shrugged-off pain."

chomperx9
Originally posted by Parmaniac
Good example why Cross overs aren't canon i think it should be decided on the writter not the title if a book is cannon or not. theres alot of books that are cannon that dont make sense sometimes just like the non cannon books. it all depends on the writer

tideoftime
i think it should be decided on the writter not the title if a book is cannon or not. theres alot of books that are cannon that dont make sense sometimes just like the non cannon books. it all depends on the writer

Now, *that* is true; contextually, that is why various characters have high and low showings. The cross-over pic could be interpreted as a high-showing for Supes, by some people, while others might consider it a standard showing. I am one of the former, contextually, but can see the arguement from both perspectives.

Mshinu
Thor's skin is easier to pierce than Superman's.

Agreed, Supes durability is slightly better at least against sharp attacks.

rotiart
I compare reasonably that superman durability as equivalent to thanos...
And if wolverine can cut thanos...and thing ... Who both have decent durabilty...

But just now I realized... Wasn't there an issue where wolverine couldn't cut colossus?

And then I thought wouldn't Supermans durabilty be colossus level or better...

If the colossus thin is right then I change my answer to:
wolverine bounces off
colossus pierces like when wolverine tagged thanos.
Thor hurts superman pretty good that if he were a normal guy he'd need to fin medical attention...

But a single stab may not be enough to kill superman unless the stabs are going straight to supermans head instead of say his torso

Batman-Prime
Equus cut Superman...

SoulDevourer
Thor's skin is easier to pierce than Superman's. only *classic* Thor (who was still bulletproof but BIG bullets hurt him, now he bearly feels them)

Colossus-Big C

If it's several shots from, most likely Thor, then I could see Superman's defenses getting worn down to the point he gets hurt. brute force is different from piercing force though.

you can survive some one punching you in the face but if that person now has spikes on his hands........

carver9
Wolverine isnt damaging Supes
Colossus kills him
Thor kills him

Spire
laughing out loud

roughrider
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Equus cut Superman...

Apparently his claws were magic based? Just like the ones used by Vixen - she cut Superman.

Allankles
I'm not even sure Adamantium can kill Superman. It might very likely just bend after it has broken his skin.

So Collosus and Thor will breach the bio aura and open his skin, but his sub atomically dense muscle will likely just bend the metal once his skin is pierced through.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Allankles
I'm not even sure Adamantium can kill Superman. It might very likely just bend after it has broken his skin.

So Collosus and Thor will breach the bio aura and open his skin, but his sub atomically dense muscle will likely just bend the metal once his skin is pierced through. superman still has a heart. there for if someone or something is strong enough to use something as sharp and indestructible as adamantium then its possible.

carver9

So Collosus and Thor will breach the bio aura and open his skin, but his sub atomically dense muscle will likely just bend the metal once his skin is pierced through.

confused WTF

nicamarvin

Originally posted by carver9
confused WTF

this makes more sense

I'm not even sure Adamantium can kill Juggernaut. It might very likely just bend after it has broken his skin.
. ... laughing

Batman-Prime
Apparently his claws were magic based? Just like the ones used by Vixen - she cut Superman.

IIRC there was noe magic involved, just science.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equus_(comics)

Colossus-Big C
OKay wha does IIRCC means?

Batman-Prime
OKay wha does IIRCC means?
If I recall correctly

means I'm not 100% sure. embarrasment

SoulDevourer
Apparently his claws were magic based? nope

h1a8

Does he cut him?

Does he cut him?

does he cut him?

Also one must understand that not only Superman has nigh impenetrable skin but he has a force field above his skin. Superman's force fields can't be cut through by less than DOS DD force (without PIS). This is like trying to cut through a typical force field in comics with a knife (not going to happen).

I'm taking Superman at his best of course and not his average or lows.

SoulDevourer
confused Supe w/o his FF is no more durable then normal human

and DD aint the only one who cut thru his FF w/o magic or cryptonite

h1a8
confused Supe w/o his FF is no more durable then normal human

and DD aint the only one who cut thru his FF w/o magic or cryptonite

No it was explained in the return of Superman that Superman's skin without his FF can't be cut by conventional means.

I said no one can do it with LESS THAN DOS DD force without it being PIS.

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by h1a8
No it was explained in the return of Superman that Superman's skin without his FF can't be cut by conventional means.

I said no one can do it with LESS THAN DOS DD force without it being PIS. Equs is canon ^^

btw got a scan about the Supes skin w/o FF thing?

Q99

Even if it's *stopped*, it won't bend, no way.

h1a8
Equs is canon ^^

btw got a scan about the Supes skin w/o FF thing?

you got a point on the Equus thing. Be he was pretty strong anyway. Also different writers chose not to use Superman's invulnerability being tied to a force field, others have.

As far as the return of Superman thing, its been a long time. I'm not 100% sure I read it in the novel (by Roger Stern-the same author as the comic) or in the actually comic. It was explained when they were trying to sample Superman to create a clone (which turned out to be Superboy).

the ninjak
To me Supes' biology is much like Thor's.
Their molecules represent one unified construct.
Thor is a primal god so even though he has a heart and bones, to manipulate one would mean a strike on an equal level.
Adamantium is an element that if sharpened to a fine point can cut into a wall of diamond.
But against these two the particles in there bodies wouldn't even react to the Adamantium .......Unless Godlike force was applied......maybe
Supes wins-
Logan = not at all
Colossus _= not at all
Thor = maybe

Blanket

So Collosus and Thor will breach the bio aura and open his skin, but his sub atomically dense muscle will likely just bend the metal once his skin is pierced through. Did this post make sense to you when you wrote it?

Blanket
you got a point on the Equus thing. Be he was pretty strong anyway. Also different writers chose not to use Superman's invulnerability being tied to a force field, others have.

As far as the return of Superman thing, its been a long time. I'm not 100% sure I read it in the novel (by Roger Stern-the same author as the comic) or in the actually comic. It was explained when they were trying to sample Superman to create a clone (which turned out to be Superboy). I'll help you out.

You didn't read it in a comic, or a novel, as you don't read either.

psycho gundam
without getting too into this, imo adamantium of the same thickness as superman's skin should be slightly less durable than the kryptoinian's. the hulk is a notch below the stuff at similar thickness (on average) and superman's "hide" is more durable via cell field(s).

imo colossus should be able to cut big blue with those claws, those things are sharper than they appear, and the claws bending is kinda horse shit since that would presume the striker could bend them to shit but superman would be still intact....yeah right. the blunt force alone would lascerate him

(i heard a theory that the edges of the claws are close to a monolayer due to the strength of adamanium's atomic structure)

h1a8
Originally posted by Blanket
I'll help you out.

You didn't read it in a comic, or a novel, as you don't read either.
Childlike argument huh? Ok.
I have read both. I doubt you have read any comics.

Note: having comics or seen them is not the same as reading them.

OneDumbG0

Does he cut him?

Does he cut him?

does he cut him? 1. Wolverine's claws can cut pretty much anything. So yes.

2. Not anymore than he would in scenario one. That's comics for you.

3. Logically, it should. But I don't think much more than the first two scenarios.

h1a8
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
1. Wolverine's claws can cut pretty much anything. So yes.

3. Logically, it should. But I don't think much more than the first two scenarios.

Wolverine can't cut Colossus. He can't even scratch him.

psycho gundam

Note: having comics or seen them is not the same as reading them. you better edit that lest ye be e-slammed

OneDumbG0
Wolverine can't cut Colossus. He can't even scratch him. He could. He can.

h1a8
He could. He can.

He tried. He failed.

OneDumbG0
^ Scans?

manx422
Superman

godking
1. Wolverine's claws can cut pretty much anything. So yes.

3. Logically, it should. But I don't think much more than the first two scenarios. Your forgetting tthat spuerman also has a forcefield Wolverine lacks the physical strength tp get through supermans forcefield.

SamZED
wolverine's stabbed Thor before. Supes has been stabbed before. Dont see any rason why claws shouldnt hurt supes.

Mshinu
Originally posted by godking
Your forgetting tthat spuerman also has a forcefield Wolverine lacks the physical strength tp get through supermans forcefield.

Boneclaw wolvie breached Onslaughts forcefield.

StiltmanFTW
He tried. He failed.

Actually he succeeded.

zeel

Yes but in the Doomsday senerio supes defences were up. In this senerio they are down thor would flat out kill supes in one shot provided adamantium is more durable then supes, this im not sure about. But thor has easily and i mean easily sufficant force to take a object thats more durable and pierce supes skin with it. And if supes is not prepeared it will penetrate him. Colossus would need many attemptes to do this and logan.....well it just aint happening.

-Pr-
Equus was a low showing, and even then, he had very impressive super strength.

also, Superman doesn't have his bio aura anymore.

Blanket

Note: having comics or seen them is not the same as reading them. That was a statement, not an argument.

Doubtful, considering you show no knowledge of comics at any and all times.

That explains my contributions to respect threads. My respect threads, and even posting whole issues. I merely use my mind to insert the comics I look at into the KMCs. More use of a mind though IMO, than making arguments that make no sense in every thread 'someone' posts in.

psycho gundam

also, Superman doesn't have his bio aura anymore. don't tell me he willed past the need for it and is just that durable now.

darthgoober

also, Superman doesn't have his bio aura anymore.
When did this happen? Did he actually "lose" it, or was it rectonned away?

OneDumbG0
^ No clue.

What Equus showing is everyone talking about? The time he was slashing Supes? They're angel's wings, why is that a low showing?

h1a8
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Actually he succeeded.

Actually he didn't.

h1a8
Originally posted by Blanket
That was a statement, not an argument.

Doubtful, considering you show no knowledge of comics at any and all times.

That explains my contributions to respect threads. My respect threads, and even posting whole issues. I merely use my mind to insert the comics I look at into the KMCs. More use of a mind though IMO, than making arguments that make no sense in every thread 'someone' posts in.

You just look at the pictures until you see some good action. Posting doesn't prove you read anything. Isn't this is how kids talk? You started it. stick out tongue

StiltmanFTW
Actually he didn't.

Sparks are indication of damage, it was outright stated he scored his armor and that it was no much for pure adamantium.

Tha C-Master
Sad part is nowadays I wouldn't be surprised if Wolverine cut Superman.

h1a8
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Sparks are indication of damage, it was outright stated he scored his armor and that it was no much for pure adamantium. Theoretically u are right but Wolverine sparked Hulk's chest once and not one scratch was shown. I don't remember anything saying wolverine scored Colossus. To be sure what issue was this (or post the scans).? But if so then you are right he cut Colossus, but slightly. And Colossus must have a healing factor because he doesn't have any score marks today.

-Pr-
Originally posted by psycho gundam
don't tell me he willed past the need for it and is just that durable now.

Originally posted by darthgoober
When did this happen? Did he actually "lose" it, or was it rectonned away?

i read it in an interview with the superman editor. philo has the link. he was asked if superman still had his aura. he said no, and that it was just pure durability nowadays.

^ No clue.

What Equus showing is everyone talking about? The time he was slashing Supes? They're angel's wings, why is that a low showing?

angel's wings?

OneDumbG0
^ When Mr. Orr describes the enhancements they gave Equus, he mentions that the claws are actually angel's wings.

-Pr-
^ When Mr. Orr describes the enhancements they gave Equus, he mentions that the claws are actually angel's wings.

oh. i'd forgotten that. my bad.

StiltmanFTW
Theoretically u are right but Wolverine sparked Hulk's chest once and not one scratch was shown. I don't remember anything saying wolverine scored Colossus. To be sure what issue was this (or post the scans).? But if so then you are right he cut Colossus, but slightly. And Colossus must have a healing factor because he doesn't have any score marks today.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus%20durablity/ColossustakingWolverinedown.jpg

credit to snoop

manx422
Superman

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by manx422
Superman

facepalm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.