The Hive Tyrant Hero (DoW2) runs a gauntlet.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ScreamPaste
http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo141/ShinTwist_ScreamPaste/swarmlord.jpg

The Hive Tyrant Hero is allowed all feats from lore, as these are the main canon to which the Hive Tyrant belongs. Each of these battles are one on one, but the Tyranid fleet is spectating from above the planets that they take place on. (This is relevant!)

After each battle, the Hive Tyrant returns to it's hive-ship to be re-outfitted with appropriate bio-weapons and mutations for the next fight.

1. Sephiroth: Pre-nib. The Hive Tyrant is allowed only his melee weapons, and inherent abilities. (Including those that stem from the Hive Mind). The fight takes place on an acre of perfeclty flat grassland, because I'm feeling unimaginative. Sephiroth need not kill the Tyrant to win, only survive for 24 hours. If he achieves this, the Tyrant packs his biomass, and returns to his hive ship for comfort food. (the ff7 party).

2. Kratos, with the blades of chaos. The Tyrant's weapons are restricted to melee again, as this will be an extremely brutal melee battle. It takes place inside the massive birthing chamber of a hive ship. The Tyrant has access to any biomorphs from lore, DoW, DoW2, or the various codexes, by may not take ranged weapons, or any weapon-like psychic powers. This excludes paroxysm, as it does not cause physical damage. IE, Toxic miasma, acid blood, bonded exo-skeleton, ect.

3. DMC4 Dante with Rebellion. In this battle the Hive Tyrant has his venom cannon, lash whip and bonesword, and all of his psychic powers, except for psychic scream, because head-explodings simply aren't fair. Takes place inside Union Station in Toronto. Dante may not run away without being BFR'd.

4. A Protoss base, lead by Pheonix (zealot). The Tyrant assaults, and must kill Pheonix to clear. The Protoss have only ground units. The Tyrant may take a retinue of two guards for this, and is equipt with the four bonesabres of the Swarm Lord, as well as all the biomorphs from the Kratos fight, and all of the psychic powers from the Dante fight, plus psychic scream.

The base is well defended with photon cannons and the like, but may not recieve air support.

BloodRain
1. Has a fair chance as he doesnt have to try and probably fail at taking down the coal burning MFing cyber demon thing (as you can see my knowledge here is extreamly low :nosweatsmile Seph could definitely survive in a city like area... one plain acre? No where to run so he'd have to defend and with the high risk of dieing.

2. Is in Kratos' area of expertise. Think the worst big sword wielder he went up against used one blade, this guy/thing using 4 and is probably very skilled at it. That alone is a problem without these other things it has.

3. Better chance then his spartan friend. He'd take it with all weapons, itd be tough but i think Dante can take it... unless this 'psychic powers' is strong. Oh and hed have to stay on his toes to avoid those poison shards, they'd be a real threat.

4. ...urrrmm..... yes?

<-- needs to do reserch.

ScreamPaste
I suppose I should provide some information on Hive Tyrants. stick out tongue Your input is appreciated, though. I can see it being an issue to construct an argument without knowing what exactly you're arguing against.

The Tyranid race is in truth, one highly psychic organism. The collective conciousnesses of every single being in the theoreticly infinite swarm makes up the hive mind. The Hive Tyrants are psychic enforcers of this hive mind, and embody it's will on the battle field, controling the lesser creatures of the swarm. They're very, very tough, and very, very strong.

The Tyranids are a race with one singular agenda: OMNOMNOMNOM. They eat galaxies, one system at a time. They invade, slay all defenders, and then strip the world of every single bit of nutrient matter on it. They suck up oceans, and atmospheres, process the soil, and NOMNOMNOM everything, then melt down their forces into biomass to use their newly aquired food to breed even larger armies. The Hive Tyrants are immortal in the conciousness of the hive mind, so to speak. Their bodies can be destroyed, removing them from the battle field, but their conciousness is implanted in the next Hive Tyrant grown. This connection to the Hive Mind gives them powerful psychic abilities. These include:
Warp Field: a psychic force field, get at me. Capable of stopping Las cannons, rail guns, power fists, melta guns, ect.
Warp Blast: Mind bullets capable of vapourising ceramite. (Space marine armour.) Or pierce tank armour. (some human weapons required to do this are capable of vapurising solid rock. Not liquifying, vapourising.)
Leech essence: Steals souls to heal it's body.
Psychic Scream: This has a few different interpretations, with the recent release of a new codex re-writing it. It's either a persistant mental aura that cripples your mind's ability to function, or an AoE that makes your godamn head explode.
Shadow in the Warp: A persistant aura given off by all Tyranid synapse creatures, it smothers psychic and magic power, they're essentially the same thing in WH40k, psychic powers can come from Chaos gods, for example. It can kill psykers, and is described as a constant scratching and chittering inside their head, before it causes them to burn out.
Paroxysm: Psychic pain. Cripples an enemy by inflicting unimaginable pain.
Physicly, the Tyrant is quite the imposing specimen, and is able to rip through the armour of the most heavily defended tanks. Hell, even Genestealers can do this, which are elite/shock infantry, standing about 6 feet high. The Tyrant stands 6 metres high, able to scythe down space marine infantry and tanks alike with relative ease. (Usually brought down by pure volume of anti tank fire power.)

Defensively, it's just as imposing, and it takes many shots of anti-vehicle weaponry to down a Tyrant. Some can regenerate rapidly, while others simply rely on the psychic powers to heal themselves by draining enemies. Some have both, and many have acidic blood, which will eat through armour if allowed to splash onto it. It also may have a warp field which will stop many of the shots aimed to take it down. On top of this, is an ability known as "The Horror". Tyrants are imposing psychic monstrosities that can cause even centuries old space marines to retreat by looking at them too hard, and can out match almost any individual immune to this fear.

A Hive Tyrant may also take ranged weaponry, all of which is biological in nature. some weapons fire flesh eating parasites which viciously devour their enemy, while others fire electrified kidney stones at hyper sonicspeeds to collapse tank armour. stick out tongue

All of a Tyrants weaponry is part of it, you cannot disarm a Tyrant without physicly removing it's limb, and it may regenerate, even if you do.

I can provide quotes and such of all of these things if you wish. I have access to multiple codices and a couple novels. stick out tongue

BloodRain

ScreamPaste
This one seems to be your specialty, so I'll start here.

I picked the battlefield because it'd be really awesome looking in my head, and because I'm there a lot.

http://individual.utoronto.ca/hendrik/images/fotos/toronto_12_24_02_004.jpg

Here, I'm curious if Dante has many defenses against Psychic attacks which don't damage his body. Mainly paroxysm. The pain from this power could slow Dante's reactions allowing the Tyrant to either land a blow in melee or: from his venom cannon.

The venom cannon is a pretty scary weapon.
http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo141/ShinTwist_ScreamPaste/venomcannontext.jpg
http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo141/ShinTwist_ScreamPaste/venomcannondetail.jpg

Edit: It's also worth noting that entanglement in the lash whip or being struck with the bonesword is probably a pile of d00m for Dante.

http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo141/ShinTwist_ScreamPaste/boneswordtext.jpg

BloodRain
Yeah i saw that cannon before and gave a ''O.o ...uh-oh'' Overall i dont think the Tyrants moves will be fast enough to strike him giving his speed and agility or parrying hits like Nero did to Berial. I admit that cannon will make him keep some distance at times but when he gets close enough his strikes will be able to inflict damage. Like using DT with QS to do an array of powerful moves.

Theres only been one time i can remember in DMC3 when he took an orb that drains you of your soul and causes the body alot of pain. He lowered the effects by using DT until he got rid of it. Now i know its not the same a this pain move but current stronger Dante in DT may be able to survive long enough to kill it.

ScreamPaste
Between it's warp field, and armour, I don't think he'll be able to take it down in a great hurry stick out tongue The Hive Tyrant is a defensive behemoth that can take more damage to put down than Imperial super-heavy vehicles. Dante will need time to wear the beast down. Does he need to breathe? If so, the Tyrant's toxic miasma (the smoke coming from the vents in it's back) will take a toll on Dante as well.

He can use his DT to resist psychic powers then, but with QS and his other abilities all running off of ther same 'energy' he'll tire out eventually. Paroxysm is designed to incapacitate entire units of space marines, and I have a feeling Dante will feel it, even with DT up. It may not totally cripple him, but the Tyrant is no simple lumbering hulk. A Tyrant is one of the most skilled close-combat fighters in the WH40k universe, second only in skill, to my knowledge, to the avatars of Khaela Mensha Khaine, the war god. Overall, though, they're more effective thanks to their blatantly asinine levels of physical power, and their incredible cognitive and psychic abilities.

Hive Tyrants act as the single mind of entire swarms of millions of Tyranids, seeing through each of their eyes at once, and directing each of their minds in turn. It's brain is inedibly advanced and it's reaction times are nothing short of super human. Tyrants are able to direct their blind body gaurds into the path of incoming fire without fail, all while keeping tabs on the entire enemy army, and his own swarm. If Dante is tired from exertion, over-using his DT to fend off paroxysm, and the Tyrant's toxic miasma, he would have a much harder time fending off the Tyrant, imho.

Phanteros
Tyrant slices Dante in half.

BloodRain
Ok i did NOT think about those vents >_> unless he has very strong lungs to hold his breath when near like he does in the unlimited time underwater in dmc1 but who can say for sure. All his defences are the reason i suggested DT+QS+the 3 Support Devil Heart, more then twice as strong and if we say he runs out then hed get more then enough hits to make it looks like Swiss-cheese through a shredder.... ok not that bad but you get my point.

(For the sake of sakeness ill agree that Dante has a limited energy)
True that DT and QS would drain him if he's not smart using it. Hoping that his buds arnt watching this fight or Dante will have nowhere to hide or anything, also thinking its strength would not be that far above Berial (being taller, most likely more mass making strength naturally height. Weilding a sword and being a higher-up in the demon ranks should make him at the anti-tank level too) so honestly saying physical assaults will not be a threat. Now back to those psychic kicks in the head. He wouldnt be just overusing DT, if he has to stay in DT for a period of time the best thing would be to reap the benefits and attack the Tyrant.

Even if his stamina runs low it replenished fast. Proven in 3 and 4. In 3 a fight with odds against him and two devil arms making his stamina close to death, he was able back to normal in a small moment. That being the first time with acquiring DT, with it now getting impaled with a devil arm (natural weakness) in the heart takes even less time to be back to 100%. This means that if he gets just a few seconds he can go from going to die to fighting fit.

Still staying with the 6:4 Dante at most as those psychic move will me the main thing to cause him problems.

ScreamPaste
The problem I see, is that, especially with the Tyrant's toxic miasma flooding Union station, and Dante expending so much energy all at once, while also under the strain of maintaining his own sanity from the scratching and chittering in his head, and the pain of paroxysm, Dante will get tired, even if only for a few seconds, and/or make a mistake. The monomolecular edge of a bonesword with the Tyrant's inhuman strength behind it could cleave Dante from crest to heel, and I'm reasonably certain it's psychic life-drain would inhibit his regeneration enough to at-least allow a second blow to land.

I'm also a hesitant to say Dante can mangle the Tyrant so severely before he reaches this point. In the novel Caves of Ice, Jurgen, Commisar Cain's smelly aide, vapourises solid rock with a melta gun to allow himself and Cain an escape from a tunnel full of Necrons. This is the sort of weapon used to breach tank armour in 40K(And it takes more than a one to cripple a heavy vehicle.). It takes quite a few of these sort of wounds to take down a Tyrant. Now, I'm aware it's a different kind of force, but I'm trying to illustrated ir's resilience. A better comparison would be a Tau railgun.

A Tau railgun is noted in lore for having pierced the armour of a tank, made of adamantium and ceramite, crumpling the side of the tank. On the other side of the tank was a small exit hole, through which the entire crew had been sprayed as a fine liquid. Even this is not enough to one shot a hive Tyrant. (Though it does leave one grievously wounded, Tyranids are extremely single minded, with no concept of pain or self preservation ,and a Tyrant will continue to fight until the damage done to it's body leaves it wholely incapable.)

What sort of strength feats does Berial have?
http://i370.photobucket.com/albums/oo141/ShinTwist_ScreamPaste/hivetyrantstrength.jpg Being anti-tank level in 40K is very different from being anti-tank in modern times. stick out tongue
I have no doubt that Dante would use his abilities to the best of his skill. Attacking a Tyrant doesn't distract it from it's psychic onslaught, though, and Dante has his work cut out for him here.

The Tyrant is a trifecta of physical power, near invulnerability, and mental assault. To say the least, this fight would look incredibly badass, no matter who won.

While this is helpful, a few seconds is longer than I think he can hope for from the Tyrant, who is incredibly skilled, powerful, and single-minded. (and deceptively swift, known for charging down tanks.)

Over-all, I'm undecided on a ratio.

BloodRain
I dont think his energy will deplete fast enough for Tyrant to get those moments of weakness as the worst Dante was exhausted was before he got DT and was in a fight where he could not win. 4Dante after all boss fights and when he was distracting Saviour, he didnt show the slightest signs of being tired. By the time that happens Ty will have a decent amount of damage on him or be defeated. Stupid to think of a few seconds of rest when the opponent is a killing machine <~<; though issuing a lil timestop to take a small breather would be possible by the rate his DT will replenish. He'll have to pray that he's in DT when the Tyrant makes that hit, at least that way the regen will be faster. Without that getting sliced would make him on the defensive for a while. Oh yeah by doing the same thing Nero did (moving his sword so fast to extinguish the fire) to create an opening in the toxic smog.

A well executed stab to the head? Hard to compare corrosive to stabbystabs but im getting a good picture. Ok, two stabs to the head then ;p
Lemme see, so Dante's sword damage has to be between a Melta gun and a Tau railgun? Melta gun vaporises rock while 3Dante could shatter rock with a small Fonzie style hit. That combined with several tanks being opponents in dmc2, im willing to bet that a good number of hits will be in that area. Just under half of the attacks used will put some damage on Ty.

No shown feats, just an innocent guess. Based off being over 1.5 Ty's height, most likely heavier and a sword using demon general lead me to think his strength cant be far from Ty's.

If DT+QS make his energy drop twice as fast, now over 3x stronger with Ty by Dante's view standing still, a few seconds in this form can give him what he needs. An issue is that if he does a stunt like this and doesnt kill or at least close to, Dante is screwed later. Turns him into a temporary glass-cannon :/

I see it playing out a bit like this; Dante fights how he would until he starts getting some damage on himself or poisen and screams pulsing through him. Now he can either keep going and fight harder or do that ^ combo. Said combo being bad if he doesn't get it right from the start or else he'll have to wait to get some DT back.

This fight will look like how all action-fantasy movies final fights should end.

ScreamPaste
Here, I think you're under-estimating the pure relentless offensive a Tyrant is capable of. It has no concern for self preservation, no fear, doesn't feel pain, and is extremely single minded in it's goals. It's also a physical specimen onlike Dante's ever seen. I do think that he would tire, a Tyrant is lightning quick, and he wouldn't really haver the time to consider that a rest is a bad idea, because he'd be too pre-occupied not getting scythed down, using DT to resist the pain of paroxysm, and the constant psychic assault it'd be laying down on him. He'd also be hard pressed to fatally wound a Tyrant. They're designed only for combat, and to be difficult to slay. They don't have the same sets of organs an independant creature does. They don't need to eat, because after a planet is conquered, they are melted down for biomass, and their conciousness is reabsorbed by the hivemind. They can, but wounding it's digestive tract is hardly fatal for example. Every aspect of it is engineered for survivability on a battlefield, and killing power. It's wounds seal themselves with a waxy mucus, or heal entirely, and it can shrug off the sorts of weapons that are used to crack open adamantium tanks. The only way to stop the Tyrant is to render it's body unable to fight further.

I think a time stop would take more energy than he could regain by resting. I'm also questioning the effectiveness of his regen against a blade wide enough to totally sever a limb and sit between the two, blocking their access to one another. The bonesword is huge, they look to be about two feet wide, to me. You can see they're actually larger than some of the corpses under the Swarm Lord. Granted, this Tyrant only has one, but it's big. I'd also like to point out, time spent diverting the toxic smog leaves him open.

Shattering rocks and vapourising them are pretty different. stick out tongue It's hard to really compare pressure and kinetic force to heat. I'll try to find a quote on a Krak missile, a high-powered kinetic weapon used to attack Tyrants and tanks alike. But I can tell you that they shrug off heavy bolters. (Imagine a fully automatic, rapid-fire grenade launcher), and they the places on their body where important things are, such as the head, are very well defended. The bones, and the chitinous exoskeleton are both armoured or laced with carbon fibres, adamantium, or other extremely durable materials.

I'm thinking that Dante could hurt a Tyrant with his strikes, but not severely with single strikes. It'd be like a tiger v.s. a psychic elephant.

Fair enough. I would still put my money on the Tyrant against Berial in a real hurry.

The bonesword is a psychic weapon that extuinguishes the life of a target, I think it'd be bad for Dante's regen. He could probably regen from the VC if it left him intact, though. Dodging is definitely his friend. The Tyrant also has the leech essense psychic power, which could slowly sap Dante's strength.

A scene like this needs to be made. It'd be so badass.

BloodRain
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Call it side-estimating, only way i can see him killing it would be to be completely serious about it. Sadly his two recent cannon games did not help, 4 he never putting effort in and 2 the enemies were aside from 2 all weak, but full powered Dante stands a chance. Sucks that unlike characters this things life is 100% kill >_> hard to get around. Hows it fair with decapitation?

Thinking DT with the recover devil heart would sustain him long enough, both of those increase his health regen. If the blade cuts right through then its regen together, no idea as of now what would happen if the blade stayed in place... have to play smart.

lol just getting at that some of his powerful hits may get some damage in. O.o if that tiger vs psychic elephant is on a space station youve just quoted my dream...

Hmm that fight would be like... well a centaur vs a psychic elephant

His trickster should do the job then. All i know is that he'll have to play his trump cards from the start as a long fight would place the ball in Tyrants court, like going majin and going nuts on it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.