Thanos with infinity gems vs pre-crisis nigh omnipotent Spectre.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
Who wins?

lawest9
Moderator Please make the correction: Thanos WITH infinity gaunlet vs pre crisis nigh omnipotent Spectre.

Thanks in advance.

Nihilist
Why not just edit your opening post? you have 20 mins to do so i think

AsbestosFlaygon
This would be like a walk in park for PC Spectre.. he would overpower the gems, and toy with Thanos before ripping his heart out.

the ninjak
Thanos IG

lawest9
Originally posted by Nihilist
Why not just edit your opening post? you have 20 mins to do so i think Thanks buddy.....I wasn't aware of that method before.smile

Nihilist
Originally posted by lawest9
Thanks buddy.....I wasn't aware of that method before.smile k,no problem.

galactusischere
Thanos

quanchi112
Thanos, easily.

lawest9
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos, easily. ???????????????????????????????

quanchi112
??????????????????????????????? Against the Spectre here, absolutely.

lawest9
Against the Spectre here, absolutely. Pre crisis Spectre gave the Anti-Monitor all he could deal with, A being so powerful who was easily destorying many different universes, Thanos with the IG is not "easily" going to defeat PC Spec that "easily" if at all.

The Nuul
Thanos doesnt need the gems to win.

Juntai
Pre crisis Spectre gave the Anti-Monitor all he could deal with, A being so powerful who was easily destorying many different universes, Thanos with the IG is not "easily" going to defeat PC Spec that "easily" if at all. Spectre could win on panel in a canon book and Quan would still say Thanos wins, and that there's no proof he doesn't. lol.

galactusischere
Thanos IG defeated all abstracts of the universe with ease. Each a universe buster. He wins here

Batman-Prime
Regular Spectre loses. CoiE Spectre wins.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by galactusischere
Thanos IG defeated all abstracts of the universe with ease. Each a universe buster. He wins here MOST not all

iceman24567
Spectre beats Thanos with a couple ***** slaps

galactusischere
Wow. Again this is a battle betweem who likes marvel and who likes DC.

Batman-Prime
Wow. Again this is a battle betweem who likes marvel and who likes DC.

No it's again a battle of Universal vs Multiversal powers.

I still see LT (at his best) to be (at his best) Spectres peer.

Both are > IG. And < Reeds Gun stick out tongue

galactusischere
So you think AM/Spectre can easily defeat Eternity, Death, a few celestials, Galactus, Love, Hate, Chaos, Order, heroes of earth + Doom + Thanos?

and AM>LT since AM defeated the Spectre. And then Mxy would be Beyonder by that logic.

Batman-Prime
So you think AM/Spectre can easily defeat Eternity, Death, a few celestials, Galactus, Love, Hate, Chaos, Order, heroes of earth + Doom + Thanos?

and AM>LT since AM defeated the Spcetre. And then Mxy would be Beyonder by that logic.

WF Mxy = Pre-rectal Beyonder, yes.

CoiE AM was defeated by some heroes and plot devices. And at his best yeah (after absorbing all the energies), you are right.

You can look at it this way. Scathan > Protege (= Black Alice on drugs) > Spectre wink.

galactusischere
Was mxy MILLIONS of times more powerful than the omniverse? Did mxy shatter a barrier more powerful than the omniverse with ease?

I know he destroyed a messed up multi-verse(only 52 universes) with a snap but nothing on the level of big B.

and I didn't get what EJ did that was so impressive. Anything he did wasn't beyond even Abraxas.

I mean if Abraxas really wanted to destroy all reality he could have, but it wouldn't have been as much "fun" to him IMO.

galactusischere
Oh crap scratch the Abraxas part. But still 52 universes isn't much to the LT.

Batman-Prime
52 DC Universes = Marvel Omniverse

uhuh

Blanket
Was mxy MILLIONS of times more powerful than the omniverse? Did mxy shatter a barrier more powerful than the omniverse with ease?

I know he destroyed a messed up multi-verse(only 52 universes) with a snap but nothing on the level of big B.

and I didn't get what EJ did that was so impressive. Anything he did wasn't beyond even Abraxas.

I mean if Abraxas really wanted to destroy all reality he could have, but it wouldn't have been as much "fun" to him IMO. I read half of this post and all I could think of was 'shut up'.

Juntai
Originally posted by Blanket
I read half of this post and all I could think of was 'shut up'. thumb up

quanchi112
Pre crisis Spectre gave the Anti-Monitor all he could deal with, A being so powerful who was easily destorying many different universes, Thanos with the IG is not "easily" going to defeat PC Spec that "easily" if at all. The Am is vastly overrated. The ig would decimate the Am or the Spectre.Originally posted by Juntai
Spectre could win on panel in a canon book and Quan would still say Thanos wins, and that there's no proof he doesn't. lol. I see no reason as to see how the Spectre defeats Thanos here with the gems.

Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Regular Spectre loses. CoiE Spectre wins. Based on?Originally posted by iceman24567
Spectre beats Thanos with a couple ***** slaps Did you read ig?Originally posted by Batman-Prime
No it's again a battle of Universal vs Multiversal powers.

I still see LT (at his best) to be (at his best) Spectres peer.

Both are > IG. And < Reeds Gun stick out tongue Lt's clearly above any Spectre I have ever read including coie spectre.

manx422
Spectre

Juntai
Lt's clearly above any Spectre I have ever read including coie spectre. You haven't read any, so I guess it's true in a sense.

Prep-Man
SPECTRE WINS.

AsbestosFlaygon
Spectre at his peak, merged with either The Source (Jim Corrigan) or The Logoz (Hal Jordan) would toy with the gauntlet.

Either 'nigh omnipotent' version of Spectre would kill Thanos with the IG with just a gesture.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Juntai
You haven't read any, so I guess it's true in a sense. Ah, you're hurt I guess. I read enough to know scrooge basically held the Spectre prisoner for a time. I read enough to know the Spectre needed an amp in coie. I read enough to know the bn have restricted the Spectre and enslaved him. I've read enough to know Marvel rocked him in dov. Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Spectre at his peak, merged with either The Source (Jim Corrigan) or The Logoz (Hal Jordan) would toy with the gauntlet.

Either 'nigh omnipotent' version of Spectre would kill Thanos with the IG with just a gesture. Based on what? We've seen far less take on the Spectre so what showings do you have of beings manhandling the ig to support this? I bet it's more of the same and there's actually no proof whatsoever just a fan wanting his character to win.

rader
Space-Allows the user to exist in any location (or all locations), move any object anywhere throughout the universe and warp or rearrange space.
Mind-Allows the user to boost mental power and access the thoughts and dreams of other beings. Backed by the Power Gem, the Mind Gem can access all minds in existence simultaneously.
Soul-This gem is sentient and allows the user to steal, manipulate and alter souls, living or dead. The gem is the gateway to an idyllic pocket-universe.
Reality-Allows the user to fulfill wishes, even if the wish is in direct contradiction with scientific laws.
Time-Allows the user total control over the past, present and future. Allows time travel, can age and deage beings and also be used as a weapon by trapping enemies or entire worlds in unending loops of time.
Power-Accesses all power and energy that ever has or will exist, and can back the other gems and boost their effects. Allows the user to duplicate almost any physical superhuman ability and become invincible.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now I don't know who Spectre is... Sorry I'm a little ill informed when it comes to DC, but i figured the information for the infinity gems might be useful. I'm not saying Thanos will win. I am a marvel fanboy, and have yet to read a single DC comic, and I intend to keep it that way.

lawest9
The Am is vastly overrated. The ig would decimate the Am or the Spectre. I see no reason as to see how the Spectre defeats Thanos here with Nawwww.........AM was an multiversal beast.

quanchi112
Nawwww.........AM was an multiversal beast. And was defeated in a fight which took place in one universe. whether he is a threat to one universe or many that doesn't change his powers/abilities and the fact his universe destruction stopped when the heroes opposed him and his plans.

Ig would defeat both of these threats at the same time imo.

Blanket
Ah, you're hurt I guess. I read enough to know scrooge basically held the Spectre prisoner for a time. I read enough to know the Spectre needed an amp in coie. I read enough to know the bn have restricted the Spectre and enslaved him. I've read enough to know Marvel rocked him in dov. You've read a couple pages from 4 comics?

quanchi112
You've read a couple pages from 4 comics? I read the entire coie. I don't lose my nerve simply because the stakes were high.

Galan007
^ what stakes?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Galan007
^ what stakes? The stakes in coie.

Galan007
^ So you did or didn't lose your nerve while reading COIE?

quanchi112
^ So you did or didn't lose your nerve while reading COIE? I didn't. When most people read the word multiverse in a story their brain immediately seizes up while imaging ten galacti falling before it.

Blanket
I didn't. When most people read the word multiverse in a story their brain immediately seizes up while imaging ten galacti falling before it. True. Look at the James Jasper hype train.

Although AM did actually accomplish said multiverse feats... so at least his isn't hype. meh

quanchi112
True. Look at the James Jasper hype train.

Although AM did actually accomplish said multiverse feats... so at least his isn't hype. meh But it doesn't translate into him being greater than any universal threat in a forum battle. That's always been my contention here with the minions of dc.

Blanket
But it doesn't translate into him being greater than any universal threat in a forum battle. That's always been my contention here with the minions of dc. k

You mention DC, but the people using DC don't even come close to the people using this logic for Marvel... so...

quanchi112
k

You mention DC, but the people using DC don't even come close to the people using this logic for Marvel... so... I like to think of myself as a fair mediator between the two companies. If someone likes dc more and has a disagreement with a marvelite then ask quan for the fairest answer out there.

Blanket
Yup. You're not bias at all.

quanchi112
Yup. You're not bias at all. I'm glad I have your endorsement.

Prep-Man
LOL!

AsbestosFlaygon
Based on what? We've seen far less take on the Spectre so what showings do you have of beings manhandling the ig to support this? I bet it's more of the same and there's actually no proof whatsoever just a fan wanting his character to win.
Based on the fact that when The Source entered Spectre's being, he became one with The Source?
And that one panel where Hal merged with The Logoz, and easily dispatches his Parallax counterpart?
It doesn't take a genius to figure that out..
The IG is nothing more than an amp, just like the Worlogog. It isn't even on the same realm of power as the LT.
BTW, The Source is arguably >= LT, if not by power then by importance.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I thought the COIE AM was destroying one universe at a time... not multiple universes at the same time. That is multi-universal

quanchi112
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
Based on the fact that when The Source entered Spectre's being, he became one with The Source?
And that one panel where Hal merged with The Logoz, and easily dispatches his Parallax counterpart?
It doesn't take a genius to figure that out..
The IG is nothing more than an amp, just like the Worlogog. It isn't even on the same realm of power as the LT.
BTW, The Source is arguably >= LT, if not by power then by importance. If you really think the ig is nothing more than a mere amp when it makes you complete master of reality, space, power, time, soul, and the mind this is over abou as quickly as mxy can end the Spectre.

The Spectre needed an amp from outside mages to deal with the Am who would be blinked out of existence against the ig in a heartbeat.

lawest9
If you really think the ig is nothing more than a mere amp when it makes you complete master of reality, space, power, time, soul, and the mind this is over abou as quickly as mxy can end the Spectre.

The Spectre needed an amp from outside mages to deal with the Am who would be blinked out of existence against the ig in a heartbeat. You sound like a marvel fanboy, No offense.

quanchi112
You sound like a marvel fanboy, No offense. I am simply reciting facts from both stories. Calling the ig an amp is laughable considering the power the versatility it grants it's user.

AsbestosFlaygon
I am simply reciting facts from both stories. Calling the ig an amp is laughable considering the power the versatility it grants it's user.
The IG IS an amp. It grants limited omnipotence to its wielder.
Only Nemesis can exploit it's full power together with the seventh gem.

The Worlogog is similar to the IG in so many ways, you can consider it the DC counterpart of the IG. Despite its versatility, it is nothing more than an amp; its power can only be utilized when there is a host/user of the artifact.

quanchi112
The IG IS an amp. It grants limited omnipotence to its wielder.
Only Nemesis can exploit it's full power together with the seventh gem.

The Worlogog is similar to the IG in so many ways, you can consider it the DC counterpart of the IG. Despite its versatility, it is nothing more than an amp; its power can only be utilized when there is a host/user of the artifact. That's still more than an amp imo. I consider the power gem a nice amp while the ig has you up for supreme being of the 616 reality.

The worlogog isn't the ig nor does it possess the abilities of the ig.

The ig also has greater feats and abilities. The Spectre was amped. Considering the ig an amp is rather ignorant I must say unless you think users have powers which range from space,time, power, soul, mind, and reality on their own.

lawest9
LOL.

Galan007
The worlogog isn't the ig nor does it possess the abilities of the ig. With an incomplete Worlogog, Extant created an entire working universe (complete with sentient life), from scratch.

That feat in itself denotes an obvious mastery over time, space, reality, mind, power, soul.

quanchi112
With an incomplete Worlogog, Extant created an entire working universe (complete with sentient life), from scratch.

That feat in itself denotes an obvious mastery over time, space, reality, mind, power, soul. No, it doesn't. That's just wanting to equate this feat with that. That's like saying the cc has complete mastery over all these things because of it's reality altering powers alone.

Have any scans claiming it has mastery over these aspects?

Galan007
Have any scans claiming it has mastery over these aspects? Yeah. Him creating a universe, being referred to as omnipotent/omniscient, the 'gog itself being called 'an exact working model of time and space from the big bang to the omega point', etc.

Probably still wouldn't be good enough for you though, so why bother..?

quanchi_is_dumb
I like to think of myself as a fair mediator between the two companies. If someone likes dc more and has a disagreement with a marvelite then ask quan for the fairest answer out there. This is a freaking joke right? You are probably the biggest Marvel c*ck sucker on here along with Carver19 or w/e his name is

You have absolutely no knowledge of DCU what soever

I have even caught you lying and making things up numerous times

BTW Thanos gets slaughtered here

quanchi_is_dumb
You sound like a marvel fanboy, No offense. Thats probably because he is the second biggest Marvel dick sucker on this site along with Carver 9

I even caught him lying numerous times, he has no knowledge of DCU and very little knowledge of Marvel

He gets all of his information off of wikipedia, marvel database and respect threads

kevdude
Originally posted by quanchi_is_dumb
Thats probably because he is the second biggest Marvel dick sucker on this site along with Carver 9

I even caught him lying numerous times, he has no knowledge of DCU and very little knowledge of Marvel

He gets all of his information off of wikipedia, marvel database and respect threads

This is hilarious rolling on floor laughing

quanchi_is_dumb
Originally posted by kevdude
This is hilarious rolling on floor laughing And its true

The Nuul
laughing

quanchi112
Originally posted by quanchi_is_dumb
This is a freaking joke right? You are probably the biggest Marvel c*ck sucker on here along with Carver19 or w/e his name is

You have absolutely no knowledge of DCU what soever

I have even caught you lying and making things up numerous times

BTW Thanos gets slaughtered here I bet I have more knowledge than you anyways.

Thanos wins.

Yeah. Him creating a universe, being referred to as omnipotent/omniscient, the 'gog itself being called 'an exact working model of time and space from the big bang to the omega point', etc.

Probably still wouldn't be good enough for you though, so why bother..? Being referred to as omnipotent/omniscient isn't proof of anything.

You have shown me no proof to suggest he has complete mastery over all the aspects we have discussed.

Galan007
You have shown me no proof to suggest he has complete mastery over all the aspects we have discussed. Except for his creating of a universe, you're right. Strong work. thumb up

quanchi112
Except for his creating of a universe, you're right. Strong work. thumb up So if you create a universe this proves you're all powerful and all knowing?

manx422
Spectre

Galan007
So if you create a universe this proves you're all powerful and all knowing? It proves you have mastery over the same aspects as the IG.

SoulDevourer
but u can make a universe with only space & time gems right? (maybe need power gem )

Galan007
Creating a universe from nothingness, along with sentient life to fill that universe would require all 6 aspects.

SoulDevourer
and wich part needs reality gem? huh

Galan007
The reality part..? confused

SoulDevourer
universe=space+time no expression (u know, space-time)

space & time also aspect of reality btw. that dont mean u need reality gem when lesser gems can do da trick

Mr Master

Creating a universe from nothingness,
along with sentient life to fill that universe would require all 6 aspects.
The Soul Gem created a Universe, with all those extras,
same Soul Gem also erased a Timeline from the prime Multiverse
and thus the same Soul Gem by extension also nullified a possible future of 616.

Funny though, how some other cat (not you) was dying to keep the entire IG at a Universal level,
when a single Gem can do all that. smile

Galan007
^ Another fella stated the Worlogog did not possess abilities akin to the IG, which is obviously wrong. That's all I'ze responding to. smile

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Mr Master
The Soul Gem created a Universe, with all those extras,
same Soul Gem also erased a Timeline from the prime Multiverse
and thus the same Soul Gem by extension also nullified a possible future of 616.

Funny though, how some other cat (not you) was dying to keep the entire IG at a Universal level, when a single Gem can do all that.Warlock used the single Soul Gem to do two things: (i) purify and destroy a kismet trail in the time stream which Thanos transported him to; and (ii) steal a future self's soul at its moment of total despair to prevent any future Magus from emerging. Special circumstances/settings.

And you must recognize these special circumstances/settings as the actual prerequisites to this "feat" by the Soul Gem. And therefore, suggesting that the Soul Gem can destroy a universe (on its own, without the existence of these special circumstances/settings) is attenuation.

In short: It'd be "funny."

quanchi112
It proves you have mastery over the same aspects as the IG. No, it doesn't. To suggest it has complete mastery over this is complete and unsupported speculation.

Creating a universe from nothingness, along with sentient life to fill that universe would require all 6 aspects. That's not the same as having complete mastery over these aspects. The ig also has combat feats to support this as well as it flat it being stated on panel.

Galan007
No, it doesn't. To suggest it has complete mastery over this is complete and unsupported speculation.

That's not the same as having complete mastery over these aspects. The ig also has combat feats to support this as well as it flat it being stated on panel. To create a working universe from a blank slate would require mastery over reality, time, space, mind, soul, and power.

What doesn't compute?

quanchi112
To create a working universe from a blank slate would require mastery over reality, time, space, mind, soul, and power.

What doesn't compute? Not complete mastery. I've seen reality warpers display these sorts of powers before like creating dimensions/galaxies/etc.

Does the worlogog reference anywhere it having these powers as you have suggested?

Galan007
facepalm I've answered these questions already, why waste even more of my time? Especially when I know that nothing I say will ever get through anyway.

quanchi112
facepalm I've answered these questions already, why waste even more of my time? Especially when I know that nothing I say will ever get through anyway. Metron arrived, and told the heroes the deeper truth - the Worlogog was a map of the universe in four dimensions, and allowed the user a certain degree over time and space. In one possible future, its destruction allowed Darkseid to conquer the universe totally.

Well....I don't see reality,power, etc. listed on dc's page do you?

SoulDevourer
to create universe: space+time+power

thats it

Galan007
Well....I don't see reality,power, etc. listed on dc's page do you? Nope. That's why I'm glad I have read all the issues involving the Worlogog, before entering debates regarding it.

wink

quanchi112
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
to create universe: space+time+power

thats it My issue is that it has never shown to have complete mastery over the aspects galan claimed it did. It was just his opinion that it did.

Nope. That's why I'm glad I have read all the issues involving the Worlogog, before entering debates regarding it.

wink I know the feat you are talking about took place outside it, but you made a claim and I can't find it anywhere where it lists it has complete mastery over soul, power, mind, etc.

A timespanning engine given to Hourman by his teacher, Metron of the New Gods. It is a complete map of the space-time continuum of the DCU which grants the owner mastery of time and space.
The phiolosopher's stone, lost on Earth for four thousand years. In the language of New Genesis, it is the Worlogog, the hourglass of the gods. It is a mirror of the universe. in miniature. An exact working model of the entire spacetime continuum from big bang to omega point.

With the powers listed here the feat you described doesn't have anything to do with the aspects I was referring to let alone complete mastery.

What arcs prove me wrong?

Galan007
Extant /w/ an incom...... Never mind. No reason to continue. thumb up

quanchi112
Extant /w/ an incom...... Never mind. No reason to continue. thumb up Yes, I know about extant but seriously it doesn't have complete mastery over the other aspects. You can't find that it any comic book anywhere.

lawest9
Extant /w/ an incom...... Never mind. No reason to continue. thumb up Hahahahaha.......

quanchi112
Hahahahaha....... It is a mirror of the universe. in miniature. An exact working model of the entire spacetime continuum from big bang to omega point.

Explains everything.

AsbestosFlaygon
Moore's Spectre > Thanos w/ IG

quanchi112
Moore's Spectre > Thanos w/ IG Why?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.