Green lantern vs superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
it seems green lanterns can create kryptonite big grin

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/4/18504-2943-20700-1-dc-comics-presents_super.jpg

xJLxKing
Yup, and seems like most users knew that

JakeTheBank
GLs don't need K-manipulation/creation to beat Superman anyway.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C

SPOILERS

Great PC comic. Good art, I liked it. Though this wasn't the real Hal, an alien (doppelganger) stole his ring and attacked Superman. IIRC he wanted Supermans body and powers, they would have been an upgrade. Hal saved Superman, who was perplexed to be attacked by Hal, with an rock he threw against the head of the would be hal, who lost his concentration so the Kryptonite disappeared. Once Supes realized that this ain't the real Jordan he needed just one punch.
Hal words after witnessing his dopelgangers defeat btw were something along the lines of "I'm defeated".

Oh yes and they fought in the dimension of the entity, so in real time only 1 second has passed.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
Great PC comic. Good art, I liked it. Though this wasn't the real Hal, an alien (doppelganger) stole his ring and attacked Superman. IIRC he wanted Supermans body and powers, they would have been an upgrade. Hal saved Superman, who was perplexed to be attacked by Hal, with an rock he threw against the head of the would be hal, who lost his concentration so the Kryptonite disappeared. Once Supes realized that this ain't the real Jordan he needed just one punch.
Hal words after witnessing his dopelgangers defeat btw were something along the lines of "I'm defeated".

Oh yes and they fought in the dimension of the entity, so in real time only 1 second has passed. You just ruined the whole comic for me miffed

Batman-Prime
You just ruined the whole comic for me miffed

Surely you jest. You read it already, right? big grin

Q99
Post-Crisis, it is a lot harder to make Kryptonite with a ring. Apparently it's molecular structure is highly unusual or something.

It can be done, but it's not as easy.

quanchi112
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
GLs don't need K-manipulation/creation to beat Superman anyway. For a majority though?

chomperx9

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/4/18504-2943-20700-1-dc-comics-presents_super.jpg not so sure DC comics presents is cannon

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by quanchi112
For a majority though?

Hal, for the most part, would split even with Superman.

quanchi112
Hal, for the most part, would split even with Superman. By doing what?

pinksushi1
Green Lantern is leaps and bounds above Superman.

JakeTheBank
By doing what?

Kicking Clark's ass?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by pinksushi1
Green Lantern is leaps and bounds above Superman.

In terms of versatility, yes. I'd say Superman is above the mid tier Lanterns, but Hal (you could even argue for Kyle) can at least split even with him.

quanchi112
Kicking Clark's ass? Easier said than done.

Mindset
In terms of versatility, yes. I'd say Superman is above the mid tier Lanterns, but Hal (you could even argue for Kyle) can at least split even with him. Kyle > Hal.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Mindset
Kyle > Hal.

uhuh

quanchi112
Kyle > Hal. Only in the funny papers.

Mindset
Funny papers = comics?

Then yes, I agree.

quanchi112
Funny papers = comics?

Then yes, I agree. No, as in sunday newspapers.

chomperx9
are sunday comics cannon ?

Mindset
No, as in sunday newspapers. DC has comics in the sunday paper now?

JakeTheBank
DC has comics in the sunday paper now?

I know they have Wednesday comics now.

Q99
Only in the funny papers.

Or observed feats.

People talk up Hal a lot in the recent run, but I still think Kyle actually managed to pull off more awesome stuff.

pinksushi1
I wonder if Green Lantern can defeat Vulcan or Silver Surfer.

Avlon
Supes wins the majority.

David Copperfield is more diverse than Mike Tyson, but I wouldn't vote for him to win in a vs battle.

-Pr-
closed, we have a gl vs superman thread already. its listed in the directory.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.