Darth Bane Vs Galen Marek

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

\\S//
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/b/be/Darth_Bane-TEA.jpg

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/9/9c/Galen_Marek_in_Star_Wars-_The_Force_Unleashed_II.jpg

Dynasty of Evil & Force Unleashed II, respectively.

Bane's got monster Sith lightning that makes Darth Sidious look like a lightweight baby, he's taller and more powerfully built than Galen Marek, he has Force Barrier which provides more protection than Galen Marek has, Bane's also got Force Wave which trumps Force Repulse by a wide margin, Galen Marek's got a larger skill set and slightly wider range of powers, plus his TK and Precog are a little better too.

mattatom
Bandon Solo'sFanboyism aside. Bane throws a moon at Marek whilst Marek throw's a few Star Destroyers at the moon, then Chewie gets Squashed.

No but seriously. We don't know anythign about TFU2 Marek here he may of lost most of his abilities or his strength or he's stronger since we don't know I'm going to use TFU Marek. Bane wins on that premise.

\\S//
Originally posted by mattatom
Bandon Solo'sFanboyism aside. Bane throws a moon at Marek whilst Marek throw's a few Star Destroyers at the moon, then Chewie gets Squashed.

No but seriously. We don't know anythign about TFU2 Marek here he may of lost most of his abilities or his strength or he's stronger since we don't know I'm going to use TFU Marek. Bane wins on that premise.

The only reason I'd question this is because Marek could easily take the Emperor, who's TK trumped Bane's, but who's lightning was-although greater than any other Sith in the films-pretty inferior to Bane's, Sidious did not possess Force Barrier and could not match the damage caused by Bane's Force Wave.

In short both Galen Marek and Darth Bane are more powerful in the force than either Yoda or Palpatine. But I might go with Bane for the victor, I own both POD and ROT, just need Dynasty of Evil, can you get that for hard cover?

mattatom
Originally posted by \S//
The only reason I'd question this is because Marek could easily take the Emperor, who's TK trumped Bane's, but who's lightning was-although greater than any other Sith in the films-pretty inferior to Bane's, Sidious did not possess Force Barrier and could not match the damage caused by Bane's Force Wave.

In short both Galen Marek and Darth Bane are more powerful in the force than either Yoda or Palpatine. But I might go with Bane for the victor, I own both POD and ROT, just need Dynasty of Evil, can you get that for hard cover? This is the same Palpatine who can make wormholes? (Dark Empire)

Yes you can get DoE in hardcover finished it a week ago. For me DoE was a let down I still prefer PoD over either of it's sequels.

ares834
Originally posted by \\S//
In short both Galen Marek and Darth Bane are more powerful in the force than either Yoda or Palpatine.
No. Bane and Galen are weaker than both.

\\S//
Originally posted by ares834
No. Bane and Galen are weaker than both.

Prove it.

\\S//
This is the same Palpatine who can make wormholes? (Dark Empire)

Yes you can get DoE in hardcover finished it a week ago. For me DoE was a let down I still prefer PoD over either of it's sequels.

No, definately not that Palpatine.

Crashing a Star Destroying>Yoda and Darth Sidious' feats.

Sidious never killed someone instantly with force lightning, Bane did. Sidious couldn't shatter temples, break opponent's limbs apart and break force barriers either.

BoratBorat
Sidious killed 50 storm troopers with one blast and he opened hyerspace wormholes that destroyed an entire star fleet.

\\S//
Originally posted by BoratBorat
Sidious killed 50 storm troopers with one blast and he opened hyerspace wormholes that destroyed an entire star fleet.

Darth Bane blew somene's ligthsaber up when it was in their hand if we want to use comic book feats.

BoratBorat
And sidious didn't do that to leia in dark empire? How i forgot sidious easily mind wiped billions of people on coruscant, or turn a "once lush and fertile world" into "one of the most powerful dark side sites" in the galaxy.

Please there are plenty of sources that state sidious is the most powerful sith lord in history, even wookiepedia says so.

Still, sidious summoning a force storm that destroyed an entire fleet and ravaging a planets surface beats anything bane did.
And don't forget how sidious easily destroyed galen marek in the dark side ending when he was willing to harm him.

mattatom
Plus he didn't crash the damn destroyer. Canon states he redirected it.

\\S//
And sidious didn't do that to leia in dark empire? How i forgot sidious easily mind wiped billions of people on coruscant, or turn a "once lush and fertile world" into "one of the most powerful dark side sites" in the galaxy.

Please there are plenty of sources that state sidious is the most powerful sith lord in history, even wookiepedia says so.

Still, sidious summoning a force storm that destroyed an entire fleet and ravaging a planets surface beats anything bane did.
And don't forget how sidious easily destroyed galen marek in the dark side ending when he was willing to harm him.

Now you're just using Dark Empire feats.

Neither Movie Sidious nor Movie Yoda could redirect a 20 kilometer Imperial Class Star Destroyer, they didn't even have battle ships that large in the prequel trilogy.

Bane's force lightning lightning killed on contact and his force wave tore humanoids apart and ruptured stone.

I really don't care about Dark Empire or the Dark Side Ending because it's irrelevant, Galen Marek beat Sidious fair and square after taking out Vader and half the Death, he wtf pwned.

BoratBorat
Now you're just using Dark Empire feats.

Neither Movie Sidious nor Movie Yoda could redirect a 20 kilometer Imperial Class Star Destroyer, they didn't even have battle ships that large in the prequel trilogy.

Bane's force lightning lightning killed on contact and his force wave tore humanoids apart and ruptured stone.
I really don't care about Dark Empire or the Dark Side Ending because it's irrelevant, Galen Marek beat Sidious fair and square after taking out Vader and half the Death, he wtf pwned. You are an idiot, you are using banes feats which are expanded universe and i can't use feats from sidious that are to, from the expanded universe?

How is dark empire or dark side ending "irrelevant"? Its canon you dimwit, you can't just ignore something because you choose to and don't like it.

Oh and stop pulling statements out of your ass, an imeprial class stay destroyer is not 20 km, its 1.8km long and the movies DO show giant star destroyers(darth vaders star destroyer which is 19km).

He took out sidious because sidious was not willing to fight and we saw what happened when he was. Answer : Your precious galen got pwned.

mattatom

I'm just happy redrect was used smile
You are an idiot, you are using banes feats which are expanded universe and i can't use feats from sidious that are to, from the expanded universe?

How is dark empire or dark side ending "irrelevant"? Its canon you dimwit, you can't just ignore something because you choose to and don't like it.

Oh and stop pulling statements out of your ass, an imeprial class stay destroyer is not 20 km, its 1.8km long and the movies DO show giant star destroyers(darth vaders star destroyer which is 19km).

He took out sidious because sidious was not willing to fight and we saw what happened when he was. Answer : Your precious galen got pwned.
I thought the LS ending was canon Borat?

Also ISD's are 1,600 meters long smile

BoratBorat
I know, i was just showing what happened if sidious really wanted to harm him.

Nephthys
Sorry //S\\, but the novel directly says that Marek is no match for the Emperor. His Massive kamikazi attack barely singed his robes for example.

And Sidious has in the past vaporised things with his FLightning. I'm not saying that he's stronger or more skilled in the Force than Bane is, but he certainly is to Marek. Though Marek is a frigging beast.

mattatom
I know, i was just showing what happened if sidious really wanted to harm him. Ahh understood.

\\S//
Originally posted by Nephthys
Sorry //S\\, but the novel directly says that Marek is no match for the Emperor. His Massive kamikazi attack barely singed his robes for example.

And Sidious has in the past vaporised things with his FLightning. I'm not saying that he's stronger or more skilled in the Force than Bane is, but he certainly is to Marek. Though Marek is a frigging beast.

Does it really say this

Can I have a direct quote, I have the novel, just look at what page it's on and tell me and this topic will be ended until the new game comes out, thanks.

ares834
Not from the novel but it should suffice,
"Lightsabers clashed inside the Emperor's observation dome, but Starkiller was ultimately no match for the power of Darth Sidious."
This is from the databank.

\\S//
Originally posted by ares834
Not from the novel but it should suffice,
"Lightsabers clashed inside the Emperor's observation dome, but Starkiller was ultimately no match for the power of Darth Sidious."
This is from the databank.

Hmmm, maybe that will change by the end of the Force Unleashed Novel.

Lord Lucien
The end of the Force Unleashed novel has him beaten by the Emperor, so, no it won't.

Nephthys
I don't have the book right now, so I can't direct you. Though, now that I think about it...... it may have actually have been in one of the source-books or something. I know it certainly is somewhere, but you'll have to get one of the other guys to help you. If you can track down Gideon he'll have it becuase he was the guy who first pointed it out.

But yeah, it is said somewhere. Plus the non-canon ending shows what would happen if Galen fought a serious Sidious. He gets owned.

Edit: Thank you ares!

Gideon
The novelization, graphic novel, and cutscene vary differently.

The novelization doesn't depict a fight between the Emperor and Marek at all; Sidious attacks Rahm Kota and Marek intervenes by hurling debris at Palpatine, who kneels in submission and goads Marek into delivering a killing blow.

The graphic novel shows Palpatine attack Marek; Marek subdues him, though Palpatine laughs this off and goads Marek to strike and "prove that was right about from the beginning!"

The cutscene depicts a decidedly less enthusiastic Sidious on the floor at Marek's mercy.

I'm not certain which one is the most canon, but we can deduce certain facts from all three, since they have a lot in common. In all three, Palpatine ends the conflict by submitting to Marek in an attempt to lure him to the dark side. The fact that Marek cautions Kota that Sidious is "stronger than knows" suggests strongly that Marek understands all too well that Palpatine was not attacking at full strength. That Sidious promptly stands up upon Marek's rejection of the dark side and launches another attack also lends credibility to the idea that he was pulling his punches, so to speak.

Lastly, Palpatine survived Marek's Force-generated explosive jump to martyr without a scratch and, since the dark side ending is contingent solely on a different decision and takes place immediately after the fact, we can use it as a reliable indicator of what would have happened had Palpatine really decided to get nasty.

Combined with the official word from the databank and Encyclopedia (ultimately no match for the power of Darth Sidious), Marek would clearly get thoroughly crushed.

Gideon
Nephthys
I'm not saying that he's stronger or more skilled in the Force than Bane is,

miffed

truejedi
Bane is more powerful than yoda and Sidious? BS. Prove it.

Eminence
BANE

IS

BEOWULF!!

Samurai100
Does Bane have his orbalislks?

mattatom
Originally posted by Samurai100
Does Bane have his orbalislks? No read the original post. (DoE)

Samurai100
Bane still wins though

darthbanelives
yeah idk if galen could beat bane from ages 26-46

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Gideon
I'm not certain which one is the most canon, but we can deduce certain facts from all three, since they have a lot in common. In all three, Palpatine ends the conflict by submitting to Marek in an attempt to lure him to the dark side. The fact that Marek cautions Kota that Sidious is "stronger than knows" suggests strongly that Marek understands all too well that Palpatine was not attacking at full strength. That Sidious promptly stands up upon Marek's rejection of the dark side and launches another attack also lends credibility to the idea that he was pulling his punches, so to speak.

Lastly, Palpatine survived Marek's Force-generated explosive jump to martyr without a scratch and, since the dark side ending is contingent solely on a different decision and takes place immediately after the fact, we can use it as a reliable indicator of what would have happened had Palpatine really decided to get nasty.

Combined with the official word from the databank and Encyclopedia (ultimately no match for the power of Darth Sidious), Marek would clearly get thoroughly crushed.

Amen.

chilled monkey
Galen wins this one because he has more heart.

Bane turned to the dark side out of fear. He coveted power because he was afraid of others having power over him. On the one hand it's understandable, given his abusive father, being heavily in debt to the ORO company etc, but look at Galen's childhood. He was brought up by an abusive father-figure too (Vader) and his only friend tried repeatedly to kill him. At least Des's only friend (Groshik) never tried to kill him.

Galen was able to rise above his past and turn away from darkness. Bane wasn't. That shows Galen is stronger.

SIDIOUS 66
Originally posted by chilled monkey

Bane turned to the dark side out of fear. He coveted power because he was afraid of others having power over him. On the one hand it's understandable, given his abusive father, being heavily in debt to the ORO company etc, but look at Galen's childhood. He was brought up by an abusive father-figure too (Vader) and his only friend tried repeatedly to kill him. At least Des's only friend (Groshik) never tried to kill him.

Galen was able to rise above his past and turn away from darkness. Bane wasn't. That shows Galen is stronger. How does that indicate force or combat superiority?

Red Nemesis
ell eh double ewe ell

Did truculent hack ur account?

\\S//
Galen Marek might not be as strong in the force but his combat skill is definitely superior to any other force wielder. He takes his powers as far as they'll go.

BoratBorat
Galen Marek might not be as strong in the force but his combat skill is definitely superior to any other force wielder. He takes his powers as far as they'll go. No he isn't, he got tooled when sidious decided to fight and luke skywalker has demonstrated superior combat prowess.

You are a galen fanboy.

chilled monkey
No he isn't, he got tooled when sidious decided to fight

1) That didn't actually happen, so it doesn't count.

2) Even if it did, keep in mind Sidious caught him by surprise.

Heck, Galen was able to push Sidious's lightning back/advance on him while getting hit by lightning and grapple him so that Sidious zapped himself.

and luke skywalker has demonstrated superior combat prowess.

True, but he's Luke frigging Skywalker. There's no shame in not being as good as him.

Galen's combat skill is a lot better than most other Jedi, Sith etc. There aren't many who surpass him.

BoratBorat
1) That didn't actually happen, so it doesn't count.

2) Even if it did, keep in mind Sidious caught him by surprise.

Keep it mind that it was what would have happened.

And the SW data bank clearly stated "Galen marek is no match for the emperor.

You lose galen fanboy, suck it up.

Heck, Galen was able to push Sidious's lightning back/advance on him while getting hit by lightning and grapple him so that Sidious zapped himself.
Yet sidious survived the ordeal without his robes even getting tarnished when your precious galen lay dead on the floor.

Galen's combat skill is a lot better than most other Jedi, Sith etc. There aren't many who surpass him. Sidious, luke, caedus?

Ms.Marvel
kyp, bane, yoda, possibly mace

SIDIOUS 66
1) That didn't actually happen, so it doesn't count. But that is what would have happened if Sidious decided to really attack him.

Sidious did not catch him by surprise. As a matter of fact Galen had the advantage of having his lightsaber ignited, whereas Sidious did not.

Exactly he held the Emperor off long enough for the rebels to get in the ship. Galen knew he would not survive, and opened himself up to the force releasing everything he had in him, leaving the Emperor completely unharmed.

I can name quite a few who are more skilled than him. True, there is not many more powerful... But skilled? Yeah.

Red Nemesis
Skywalker, Dooku, Maul, Vastor, Thul, Jaina, Horn, Revan, N, Kas'im, Plo Koon? Ragnos

Johun Othone?

Lord Lucien
No you guys are all wrong. Galen took down Vader, ergo Galen>>>>like everyone else. Just cause.

mattatom
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
No you guys are all wrong. Just Cause 2. Looks completely epic Fixed

Lord Lucien
Why you little... If you were a woman, I'd slug you.

mattatom
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Why you little... If you were a woman, I'd slug you. I'm not exactly little and if I was a woman i'd let you. Just cos i'm right though, eh? wink

BoratBorat
lick me lick me

chilled monkey
Keep it mind that it was what would have happened.

Same as Red Skull would have shot Spiderman? Or Logan would have KO'ed Silver Surfer with a brick?

What-If's are not canon. What happens in them isn't counted.

Sidious, luke, caedus?

Exactly. That's just three guys. See what I mean by "there aren't many who surpass him"?

Originally posted by Red Nemesis
Skywalker, Dooku, Maul, Vastor, Thul, Jaina, Horn, Revan, N, Kas'im, Plo Koon?

Some of those are highly dubious and I suspect are just jokes (Plo Koon?) But even with the legitimate ones, that's still not a lot.

Red Nemesis
There was not a single name bounded by the first question mark that I would not endorse. As for your charge of insufficient quantity, I'd like you to come look over the list of threads on the board and tell me how many people couldn't beat him. I listed just about all of the major players in our matches. (I forgot Kun because I've never read his material. The only people I'd put Marek above are Kenobi, Grievous (because Marek lieks 2 ragdoll foolz) and the myriad of no-names that nobody cares about.)

Darth_Glentract
Some of those are highly dubious and I suspect are just jokes (Plo Koon?) But even with the legitimate ones, that's still not a lot.

There are plenty missing from there too. Mace, Yoda, Kyp, Jacen, Katarn, Malak, Exar, Ulic, and then of course the Ancient Sith like Ragnos, Sadow, Ludo, Freedon Nadd, ect. The list is already plenty long.

Red Nemesis
It might be more efficient to list the people that could not beat Starkiller.

mattatom
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
It might be more efficient to list the people that could not beat Starkiller. Revan. First!

Slash_KMC
This all brings Vader down a lot. You know, because he got beaten by Marek...

RevanBandon. First!

Fixed. Don't need to thank me for it.

mattatom
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
This all brings Vader down a lot. You know, because he got beaten by Marek...

Fixed. Don't need to thank me for it. I'm not going to, I'm waving my communist flag and getting you banned for heresy.

truejedi
FIRST!!!

BoratBorat
Same as Red Skull would have shot Spiderman? Or Logan would have KO'ed Silver Surfer with a brick?

No, still the SW databanks prove that your precious galen marek is no match for emperor palpatine. I suggest you deal with it hun.

The book even makes it clear that sidious wasn't even engaging starkiller in a pure duel.
The non canon ending was to simply show that sidious is capable of overwhelming galen, canon or not the fact remains that sidious > galen seeing its backed up by so many sources.

18scsc
ok nothing from a vidio game is relvent galen shuold kill any body with one lightsaber strike (exept the malordians because of malordion armor)and sidious was just trying to turn luke not blast him to kingdom come plus he can redrect a star destroyer but not smush a clone troper like tin foil? (wtf) in the movies he was never using the full extent of his streangh ( pluss it is theriosed that he was using force batle meditaion or somthing like that) while he was killing luke yoda might trump alll of them in light saber skills but in the force he gets powned bye the( garreck can also use mallstorm) here is what i think .

darth bane/darth sidius>garen>yoda (sidius is more power full on large scale ablities so if you give him a minute before the fight he kills plus bane had the liotel bug guys on him (i forgot their name) that puts him in itense pain and anger an lets not forget childrren that totaly gets dark side users more powerfull)

truejedi
First of all: Use punctuation.
Second of all: Seriously, who is Garen?
Thirdly: Darth Bane and Sidious aren't equals.

Red Nemesis
fortheley: Yoda'z strnger than Garen.

truejedi
NO RED!! i'm pretending not to know what he meant with "Garen!"

Lord Lucien
Bad grammar gives me headaches. Seriously, that hurt to read.

Slash_KMC
I didn't even try to read it.

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by truejedi
NO RED!! i'm pretending not to know what he meant with "Garen!"

I don't see how it could be a problem.

Garen Darkstar, mercenary of the First Foundation, sole possessor of the mental fortitude to counter the Mule.

Right?

Darth Truculent
Cut me some slack guys - gone for 2 weeks and someone said I hacked an account. Accidently slashed my hand to the bone on a replica 14th century German broadsword that I own. First time I ever had to get stiches.

Sure I'm a fan of Galen, but not a fanboy. Just an unorthodox character that came from the dark and turned to the light. Always did like a redemption story.

Lord Lucien
Ya always gotta tell us your excuses the woes of your existence, huh?

Major Valerian

Galen was able to rise above his past and turn away from darkness. Bane wasn't. That shows Galen is stronger.

More heart? No offense, but that's a terrible argument.
It is completely irrelevant that Bane turned to the DS out of fear, and that Marek 'rose above his past'. History is irrelevant.

Define 'stronger'. Stronger how? Emotionally? Mentally? Because Starkiller getting over his past certainly has nothing to do with who wins this fight...

truejedi
no, if you define heart as "will", and truly, what else would it matter? Then Bane definitly has a stronger will.

Lord Lucien
What kind of lame ass weapon is Heart anyway?

Dr McBeefington
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
Cut me some slack guys - gone for 2 weeks and someone said I hacked an account. Accidently slashed my hand to the bone on a replica 14th century German broadsword that I own. First time I ever had to get stiches.

Sure I'm a fan of Galen, but not a fanboy. Just an unorthodox character that came from the dark and turned to the light. Always did like a redemption story.

How many times have I told you to keep your personal life to yourself? Seriously, how insecure are you? Go write in your feelings diary if you feel compelled to have your life story on the internet.

Nephthys
Maybe he's making the mistake of thinking that we're, like, his friends or something. Or that we're *not* emotionally stunted assholes.

Damn him for trying to socialise and talk to us! Damn him to Hades!

Dr McBeefington
Maybe he's making the mistake of thinking that we're, like, his friends or something. Or that we're *not* emotionally stunted assholes.

Damn him for trying to socialise and talk to us! Damn him to Hades!

Maybe someone who makes the mistake of considering people he types to on a forum his friends, is someone who doesn't really have friends in real life, nor social skills.

truejedi
Beefy, its like this article:

http://www.cracked.com/article_17522_6-new-personality-disorders-caused-by-internet.html

(which wouldn't load correctly for me for some reason today, but have you read it?)

Nephthys
Originally posted by Dr McBeefington
Maybe someone who makes the mistake of considering people he types to on a forum his friends, is someone who doesn't really have friends in real life, nor social skills.

..... I'm not your friend?

.....cry

Dr McBeefington
Beefy, its like this article:

http://www.cracked.com/article_17522_6-new-personality-disorders-caused-by-internet.html

(which wouldn't load correctly for me for some reason today, but have you read it?)

Haha yes I have..

Lord Lucien
Munchhausen by Internet.

Fits Truculent.

emoboy13
galen marek because he can use force mailstorm and i doubt bane even knows wat that is

mattatom
Originally posted by emoboy13
galen marek because he can use force mailstorm and i doubt bane even knows wat that is Marek been raiding the Royal Mail again? Damn him!

Welt
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/b/be/Darth_Bane-TEA.jpg

Why won't the moderating staff let me set this as my avatar?!

mattatom
Originally posted by Welt
Why won't the moderating staff let me set this as my avatar?! It's a tad big, oh and Bane fails.

Lord Lucien
Ugh, he's got some sort of Gorbachev thing going on there.

truejedi
It's a tad big.

That's what she said.

mattatom
That's what she said. Yes, yes she did.

Darth Ray Park
Bump.

Ascendancy
From all the books, I would love to see both of them go all out in the Force. Between what Galen did to Vader and Palp aboard the Death Star and the lightning and force blast that Bane has it would be intense indeed.

I love me some Bane, but I'm honestly unsure how this one would go.

Arhael
When Bane fought less powerful Kasim, he took time to gather power and gave Force blast capable to shatter all bones and liquefy flesh. Yet, Kasim managed to put barrier and block it.

And we have Marek giving several instant Force blasts that overpowered Sidious.
So we have Bane unable to Force blast less powerful opponent, even though he took time to gather power. And we have Marek, whose instant Force blasts put on the floor the most powerful Sith of all time.

If Bane can take any advantage over Marek, that would be in lightsaber combat but not in the Force.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Ascendancy
I love me some Bane, but I'm honestly unsure how this one would go.

I agree.

Ascendancy
Originally posted by Arhael
When Bane fought less powerful Kasim, he took time to gather power and gave Force blast capable to shatter all bones and liquefy flesh. Yet, Kasim managed to put barrier and block it.

And we have Marek giving several instant Force blasts that overpowered Sidious.
So we have Bane unable to Force blast less powerful opponent, even though he took time to gather power. And we have Marek, whose instant Force blasts put on the floor the most powerful Sith of all time.

If Bane can take any advantage over Marek, that would be in lightsaber combat but not in the Force.

The technique of shielding oneself from a force blast seems to be one that was much more understood and widely taught during the Old Republic. Not sure if it was lost or what but with most of the battles in the "modern" era I don't really recall accounts of opponents deflecting force blasts from attackers. This is just off-hand, so as any proof to the contrary is welcome.

Existentialist

This feat is less impressive when you take into account the fact that Lehon was a Force nexus that apparently put Korriban to shame.

Pwned
Korriban was weak at that time. It was hardly even a nexus anymore.

Arhael
The technique of shielding oneself from a force blast seems to be one that was much more understood and widely taught during the Old Republic. Not sure if it was lost or what but with most of the battles in the "modern" era I don't really recall accounts of opponents deflecting force blasts from attackers. This is just off-hand, so as any proof to the contrary is welcome. laughing

Existentialist
Originally posted by Pwned
Korriban was weak at that time. It was hardly even a nexus anymore.

Book of Sith confirms that Korriban continued to lose potency well into Sidious's reign as Emperor. It is still referred to as a dark side nexus in all the source material and is potent enough to hamper the likes of Luke and Jaina during their battle with the Sith in Fate of the Jedi.

Ascendancy
laughing

An excellent, well thought-out retort. I commend your efforts.

Arhael
An excellent, well thought-out retort. I commend your efforts.
I am sorry, just couldn't hold myself. Name any famous Jedi/Sith from PT or RotJ and after I will give example of them resisting TK at one or another point.
Here just few examples:
There are countless examples of Luke blocking TK. The most famous example was him resisting Force blast empowered by millions killiks. In film Obi-Wan and Anakin were resisting each other's TK. In CW both Obi-Wan and Anakin resisted Opress' Force wave. Anakin in one of the episodes resisted Ventress' TK.
Dooku's Force push in one of the later episodes merely staggered Anakin, while his TK was enough to instantly break metal objects like that huge pillar in AotC.
And Marek's TK was powerful enough to explode a ship. The lone fact that Palpatine didn't turn into smear proves that he was proficient at resisting TK. Moreover, it is strange to assume that the most powerful Sith of all time did not have knowledge of how to utilize such a basic Force ability as defense against TK.

Ascendancy
I dunno, just doesn't seem like it was utilized to the same extent, or maybe it's just that in some of the newer era novels it's not described as vividly. About to finish up LOTF and a lot of the duels just seem to be lacking intensity. Could all come down to the writing I guess. I mean, for whatever reason it feels like after reading about one Force user pushing an entire fleet of Star Destroyers out of orbit, albeit at the cost of his life, something seems to fall short.

Maybe I'm just high on Bane, no? Could happen to anyone.

Nephthys
LOTF sucks dick. Maybe thats it.

Ascendancy
Except for the Mandalore's actually getting some characterization, yeah, pretty much a total let-down.

I do think I need to read the books for Ep I-III and the off-shoots that happpen between though because I recall more than one person mentioning that you get a much better idea of all the Force-users abilities.

Nephthys
You should definately read the RotS novel. ****ing amazing in my opinion.

Zampanó
You should definately read the RotS novel. ****ing amazing in my opinion.
thumb up

LotF has some good duels! Luke/Caedus with Ben spectating was pretty intense, and I consider the fight that Mara won to be one of the finest in the mythos.

FotJ has the worst Jedi fight scenes ever. Anytime a lightsaber is lit, the narration turns into "they fight." Han/Leia get some cool combat feats, though ;\

Nephthys

Arhael
I dunno, just doesn't seem like it was utilized to the same extent, or maybe it's just that in some of the newer era novels it's not described as vividly. About to finish up LOTF and a lot of the duels just seem to be lacking intensity. Could all come down to the writing I guess. I mean, for whatever reason it feels like after reading about one Force user pushing an entire fleet of Star Destroyers out of orbit, albeit at the cost of his life, something seems to fall short.

Maybe I'm just high on Bane, no? Could happen to anyone.
I would blame variable Force portrayal.

That's at least something. In Luke's case he shows up and then walks with already unlit lightsaber among dead bodies. The only Luke's portrayed lightsaber fight I remember was against Abeloth, when he blocked single lightsaber strike and next instance Force pulled her on his lightsaber.
The only lightsaber fight I liked was Jaina's.

Headbutting Lumya's metal chin was the most epic part. big grin

Darth Truculent
Thanks for the insult Lucien. Tell me, you can dish it out, but can you take it thrown back at you?

Ascendancy
Meh, the LOTF battles were the weakest part of the series. The only memorable ones were Fel vs. Alema and Jaina's final throwdown with Jacen, and that more so because they included what they were feeling. Okay, I'm lying. Luke against Jacen when Luke came to save Ben was actually pretty good, as well as Jacen vs. Jaina when Luke was augmenting her and projecting his image.

Still, for a ten or whatever book series the number of quality fights was pretty weak. Great character development but whack fights and poop in terms of Jacen's descent to the darkside.

Back on topic, I still say Galen vs Bane would be pretty close. Between both of their saber skills and abilities in the Force it would be something to see.

heitoi_which

Ascendancy
Bane also shielded himself and a beast he was riding in the force so that he could fly between two closely-orbiting planets, then shielded himself again as it and another crashed to the ground, turning them both into pulp but leaving Bane able to walk away.

As mentioned elsewhere his lightning reached one million volts, he's demonstrated some of the best saber combat of the Jedi Civil War, and generated force waves and fields capable of reducing those struck into nothing.

I'm not lessening Galen's feats in terms of TK, he's obviously powerful in the Force as well but it's not the same as standing against other Force-users. Based on what he did against Palp and Vader I saw it would be a very close match.

Lightsnake
Bane also shielded himself and a beast he was riding in the force so that he could fly between two closely-orbiting planets, then shielded himself again as it and another crashed to the ground, turning them both into pulp but leaving Bane able to walk away.

"""They are called orbalisks," Bane said, offering an explanation rather than a greeting. "Creatures that feed on the power of the dark side. Without them I could never have survived what you just witnessed." He gasped faintly as he spoke, though whether from pain or the recent exertion of using the Force - or possibly both - she couldn't tell.""

Marek defeated Darth Vader and quite a few other opponents in saber combat. And Bane reduced people to pulp with his waves, not nothing. Marek's lightning with Shaak ti was considerably more impressive as well

Probably, but I give the nod to a guy who stood against a fighter more powerful than Bane

Nephthys
Originally posted by Lightsnake
a fighter more powerful than Bane

..... Bandon?

WollfMyth
Darth Bane wins. He is smarter, more powerful, more skilled, more durable, faster, stronger. He is superior to Marek in every way.

carthage
Bane gets ragdolled or destroyed immediately in the force.

Both are mediocre duelists, but at least Marek held his own against Shaak Ti and beat slightly better duelists than two trainees.

Bane can't hurt him with his pitiful TK, and Marek is many tiers more powerful.

Bane gets destroyed

Stigma
Um, I see you really like to necro stuff, Wolf erm

Nevetheless, it's always a pleasure to re-read Lightsnake's comments.

Also on topic: Bane dies a painful death.

carthage
Originally posted by Dr McBeefington

Lmfao

FreshestSlice
A thread from 2010, necro'd in 2012, and then again in 2014. Can't wait until 2016. Every two years, this should be a thing.

carthage
And its all for naught as Galen would LOLSTOMP Bane every single time its bumped.

SEE YOU AGAIN IN 2016 THREAD

deathslash
Originally posted by carthage
And its all for naught as Galen would LOLSTOMP Bane every single time its bumped.

SEE YOU AGAIN IN 2016 THREAD thumb up this guy...... this guy clearly knows his stuff

Jmanghan
Galen solidly.

Stigma
Galen Marek wins this one.

carthage
Bane gets stomped

EmperorSidious2
I'd say Galen as he can match anything bane has. In sabers bane is the better of two, but with force, bane has a deeper understanding, but starkiller is more powerful. So it's really a question of who acts first because bane can penetrate his force shield but Galen can penetrate banes.

Jmanghan
No, Galen is on a whole different level then Bane is.

Bane could take H2H I guess, lol.

The Ellimist
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
A thread from 2010, necro'd in 2012, and then again in 2014. Can't wait until 2016. Every two years, this should be a thing.

Galen SLAUGHTERHOUSE

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.