LukeSkywalker (New Jedi Order) V DarthNihilus(under a day after eating the Mariluka)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

\\S//
Who was the most powerful force wielder.

Darth Nihilus while the force energy of an entire species is still coursing his Sith Armor.

I have no interest in reading the 20+ novels that make up the entire New Jedi Order Series, maybe I can hear from someone who has if Luke really is all that.

mattatom
Well Nihilus's known feat which we can quantify is his Mass TK of the Starship (since we don't know if the planet thing had prep etc.). So he evidently has some nice TK whereas Luke up to the end of NJO has a few neat tricks of his own including instant kill lightning and a great control of TK himself (His trick with the black hole).

Lightsaber wise I would say Luke has the edge since he was able to beat Palpatine at such an early stage of DE and he's done more since then. All Nihilus has to his name is is "one handed aggressive fighting style" which is the same as Luke in ESB.

I would say Luke takes this even at NJO.

Autokrat
Nihilus eats Luke.

Nephthys
'If you know what I mean'. wink

Darth_Glentract
Luke definitely is better with sabers. He probably is pretty even with Nihilus with the Force, but I'd probably say he's better here too. Even if he isn't, his Force abilities are more than enough for him to be able to force a lightsaber fight, which he wins.

\\S//
So Luke is indisputably the most powerful force wielder by the time of NJO?

mattatom
Originally posted by \S//
So Luke is indisputably the most powerful force wielder by the time of NJO? No.

\\S//
Originally posted by mattatom
No.

Well who is the most powerful force wielder?

mattatom
Originally posted by \S//
Well who is the most powerful force wielder? Sidious.

\\S//
Originally posted by mattatom
Sidious.

Empire's End Sidious maybe.

SIDIOUS 66
Originally posted by \\S//
Empire's End Sidious maybe. As of ROTS he was considered the most powerful sith.

\\S//
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
As of ROTS he was considered the most powerful sith.

Yeah but NJO Luke's a Jedi.

I could see Sidious as being superior by the time of Empire's End.

truejedi
Luke is considered the most powerful duelist.

SIDIOUS 66
Yeah but NJO Luke's a Jedi.

I could see Sidious as being superior by the time of Empire's End. You made this thread to find out who is the most powerful force user ever out of Luke or Nihilus, right? Well if Sidious is more powerful than Nihilus, wouldn't that mean Nihilus is not the most powerful.

Lord Lucien
DE Palpatine is arguable the most powerful person attuned to the Force. I doubt that NJO Luke could beat him--maybe LotF Luke, but less likely for NJO.

Nihilus one saving grace remains an Unknown ability. How long does his drain take to power up? What does it require of the victims (is it absolute unless you're a wound, or could someone as powerful as Palpatine block/deflect/absorb it, etc.)? His TK his wonderful, but again, against Palaptine, he'll only go so far with it.

Autokrat
He drained the Miralukan world rather fast, seeing as how they apparently didn't even have a chance to defend themselves.

Lord Lucien
But was he privately building up to that? He took his sweet bloody time at Telos, so one has to wonder.

Darth_Glentract
So Luke is indisputably the most powerful force wielder by the time of NJO?

Not quite.

Zonoma Sekot takes the cake. After that DE Sidious. Kyp Durron is up their with Luke as well. Raynar Thul when empowered by the Killicks is extremely powerful as well. Nyax was extremely powerful when he was over the ruins of the old Temple on Coruscant. Luke probably beats all but Sidious.

Autokrat
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
But was he privately building up to that? He took his sweet bloody time at Telos, so one has to wonder.

There was nothing at Telos for him to drain. That's why Kreia lead him there in the first place.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Autokrat
There was nothing at Telos for him to drain. That's why Kreia lead him there in the first place. Touche. Didn't he try it anyway?

truejedi
Luke: Black Hole Manipulation is on par with the greatest feats. It doesn't undoubtedly surpass them. But its on par.

Autokrat
Originally posted by truejedi
Luke: Black Hole Manipulation is on par with the greatest feats. It doesn't undoubtedly surpass them. But its on par.

It should be the greatest display of TK ever.

Darth_Glentract
Kyp did so more easily than Luke did.

truejedi
that's what i'm saying. Black hole mass is as large as a system.

Luke also once held himself to a deck of a ship in a way that was quoted as "Even the giant black hole at the center of the galaxy couldn't have moved him." That is as or more impressive than any force storm, or Planet drain.

Darth_Glentract
That was after NJO.

On the black holes, we have to remember that these were actually dovin basals. They merely controlled gravity in a manner that mimicked black holes. An entire solar system worth of matter did not actually just appear whenever a dovin basal was used.

Autokrat
Originally posted by Darth_Glentract
That was after NJO.

On the black holes, we have to remember that these were actually dovin basals. They merely controlled gravity in a manner that mimicked black holes. An entire solar system worth of matter did not actually just appear whenever a dovin basal was used.

How do you control gravity in a matter to mimic a black hole? If it mimics a black hole and therefore sucks in photons as well, then ergo is has ridiculous mass.

Darth_Glentract
I don't know how it's supposedly done, but solar systems worth of matter cannot just appear and disappear at dozens of points around a ship simultaneously.

truejedi
DG: the proton torpedoes didn't explode, they disappeared. Where did they go? Into the mass. I would say it is less likely that the mass WASN'T there, than that it was, since it behaved in such a way as though the mass was there. Otherwise we are talking tractor beam inside a big black spot, and that is incredibly pointless.

The mass is what attracted the torpedoes. Without the mass, you don't have a shield.

ares834
Originally posted by Autokrat
How do you control gravity in a matter to mimic a black hole? If it mimics a black hole and therefore sucks in photons as well, then ergo is has ridiculous mass.
It is feeable that if an atom was super condensed that it would create a very tiny Black Hole.

Darth_Glentract
Where would that mass come from? Why didn't it tear the Vong ship apart instantly?

truejedi
Where would that mass come from? Why didn't it tear the Vong ship apart instantly?

why didn't it tear apart any solar system it was in, instantly?

Darth_Glentract
What?

Autokrat
Touche. Didn't he try it anyway?

I don't think we are ever told.

truejedi
its a "micro-blackhole" (wookie... and yes, i despise myself for using it) Why didn't it destroy everything it was around? That is what an actual black hole would do. But its star wars. The Vong were able to focus it apparently.

Autokrat
Star wars has starship reactors that generate power in the yottawat ranges fairly easily.

The laws of physics must work differently.

Hell, they can violate the second law of thermodynamics even.

Gideon
Darth_Glentract
Kyp did so more easily than Luke did.

Really?

If that's the case, it kind of disproves the notion that that particular feat is based on strength. Perhaps technique? Or frame of mind?

Something's up if Kyp Durron, who while prodigious is not confirmed to be quite on Skywalker's level in terms of Force attunement, is able to perform a technique with greater ease than a superior Force user.

truejedi
crazy quotes about Durron right when Luke first discovered him though. Getting thrown across the room when Leia (who had Luke's force potential, remember) merely "pushed back?"

Jedi Academy trilogy is the source, i don't have it myself.

kodiak430
No offense but this is getting old. I think everyone here knows that by the time of NJO, practically no one can beat Luke. Unless its chuck norris... but thats another story

Darth_Glentract
Originally posted by Gideon
Really?

If that's the case, it kind of disproves the notion that that particular feat is based on strength. Perhaps technique? Or frame of mind?

Something's up if Kyp Durron, who while prodigious is not confirmed to be quite on Skywalker's level in terms of Force attunement, is able to perform a technique with greater ease than a superior Force user.

After Kyp does the technique he is able to climb out of his X-wing and walk away. Luke was unable to lift himself off the shuttle bench. Kyp noted he had greater raw power to perform it. Also not what truejedi said.

truejedi
Kyp noted he had greater raw power to perform it. Also not what truejedi said.

Pretty sure that Kyp saying that it took him more power to do it than it took Luke, as in it took him more effort. I'm pretty sure that mental note was deference to Luke.

Luke being tired after doing something for the first time isn't new either. It almost killed him the first time he cloaked the falcon. Later he does it to an entire planet with no visible strain.

Darth Truculent
Question - when Kyp was possessed by Exar Kun, could some of Exar's strengh in the Force remain in Kyp? Could that explain why he's so strong?

Gideon
In what novel did Kyp manipulate the dovin basal? Luke does it in Dark Tide I.

Darth_Glentract
I believe it was Dark Tide 2

Gideon
I believe it was Dark Tide 2

So does LS, but for the life of me I cannot find a reference to it. I'm using CTRL + F for "dovin basal" and looking for Kyp Durron's name, but I can't find it.

Gideon
Darth Truculent
Question - when Kyp was possessed by Exar Kun, could some of Exar's strengh in the Force remain in Kyp? Could that explain why he's so strong?

Kyp's power really wasn't boosted by Exar Kun's in any real way; Kun merely unlocked Durron's own reserves of energy. When Durron defeated Skywalker, the line in Dark Apprentice reads:

"Against the full might of Kyp Durron and the forbidden weapons of the long-dead spirit of Exar Kun, even a Jedi Master such as Luke Skywalker could not prevail."

It was merely Kun's knowledge, not his power, that enabled Durron to defeat Luke.

Darth_Glentract
^I interpreted that the same was as Gideon.

Gideon
Yeah, I still can't find it.

All I know is that a dovin basal is not the same thing as a black hole; the dovin basal merely creates artificial black holes. It's rather like saying that manipulating the firing mechanism for a nuclear warhead means that someone has power on par with its yield.

Furthermore, the dovin basal in question was powerful enough only to intercept missiles -- and Luke had to enter brief meditation in order to pull that off.

Not nearly as impressive as "LOL LUKE MANIPULATES BLACK WHOLES!"

He has far more impressive feats, imho.

Darth_Glentract
I'll try and take a look for it sometime later. No promises though, the books are back at my parents house.

Gideon
Darth_Glentract
I'll try and take a look for it sometime later. No promises though, the books are back at my parents house.

You have failed me, Glentract...

Don't suppose you have MSN or anything, do ya?

truejedi
"LOL, LUKE MANIPULATES BLACK HOLES!"

fixed

Lord Lucien
I was actually going to change one of the L's to an R, but figured that was going too far.

Dr McBeefington
Wtf is juice? HAHAAHAH Chapelle is hilarious.

Slash_KMC
I was actually going to change one of the L's to an R, but figured that was going too far.

Ditto.

Eminence
Darth_Glentract
I believe it was Dark Tide 2 Enemy Lines I: Rebel Dream.

I've posted the segment here at least once; I'd find it again if someone could point me back to the Russian site where we used to get our online text. swtimeline.ru doesn't seem to be.

mattatom
Originally posted by Eminence
Enemy Lines I: Rebel Dream.

I've posted the segment here at least once; I'd find it again if someone could point me back to the Russian site where we used to get our online text. swtimeline.ru doesn't seem to be. Clicky.

Darth_Glentract
You have failed me, Glentract...

Don't suppose you have MSN or anything, do ya?

I used to have it and AIM. Haven't used either in years. I've been taking six classes the last two semesters and working 30 hours a week, so free time is pretty scarce.

Eminence
mattatom
Clicky. There it is.

Lord Lucien
Well way to-f*cking-go, Kyp. Was that how tired Luke was afterward?

Darth_Glentract
Luke was in worse shape.

truejedi
check and mate i'd say. Only problem being the in-universe part of it. but still pretty darn convincing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.