STAR WARS: RETROSPECTION- Thief

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

REXXXX

REXXXX

REXXXX
Harnaidan, Capital of Muunilinst

It is a relief stepping off of the public transport that got you here. Space-faring was never something you were used to before you had to sneak aboard that first transport that got you off of Mygeeto. Having solid ground that is not roaring through space is comforting.

You have largely been in hiding these past few months, developing your powers in the Dark Side and practicing the social skills you have accrued for your cons. But you feel you are ready to return to a life of crime, now that you understand your powers better and have done some training with a lightsaber. The businessman that was Haron Silverfeet has been replaced with someone far more manipulative and cunning and powerful.

You have chosen the Central Bank of Muunilinst for three reasons. Firstly, it is operated by the InterGalactic Banking Clan, the corrupt financial group that more or less owns your homeworld of Mygeeto; returning to old hunting grounds is familiar and comfortable. Secondly, pulling this off will be a grand way to get back to your thieving. Thirdly... you want a challenge!

A challenge like the Central Bank of Muunilinst needs preparation, though. In order to pull this heist off successfully, you must do the following:

1) Familiarize yourself with the layout of the Central Bank and its security measures.

2) Plan out how you intend to rob the Central Bank and deal with any security measures that may get in your way.

3) Arrange for a way out of the Central Bank and off of Muunilinst.

You can do these three things in any order you like, though doing the first will undoubtedly help you do the second!

Also- you have the option of using your Ally for this mission. Do you want your Astromech droid to accompany you? He may be of use at some point, and it might be appropriate to give him a name!

You start things in the Harnaidan starport, a very large starport from which you can hop on the trolley to zip about the city or take a taxi speeder or simply walk to where you want to go.

magicturtle
First, i would like to use a force point and use foresight

magicturtle
oh, woops forgot and i would like to have my astromech droid with me, and his name is X12 (see pic)

REXXXX
X12 it is! He will accompany you for the rest of the game. Being an astromech droid, he is highly proficient in Fix-It and Sabotage skills, but not much else! He is also difficult to understand, speaking in warbles as he does. Very handy, though.

And your Foresight vision will arrive at a relevant time.

What next?

magicturtle
can i walk towards the trolley and look around

REXXXX
Certainly. The trolley is one of those hi-tech jobs that hovers above a guiding rail, zooming in and out of the indoor station at high speeds. Those who disembarked from the transport you were on are mostly boarding the trolley now, to head into the inner city.

magicturtle
I'd like to try and locate all the secuirity cameras in the trolley(if there are any)

REXXXX
Lacking Observation, you can only see cameras that are blatantly placed to deter criminal activities. There are two monitoring your side of the tracks.

magicturtle
I will enter the trolley keeping my face against the camera and move to a corner and sit down

magicturtle
sorry when i say against, i mean facing away

REXXXX
No problem. You doubt that trolley security is really hunting for someone like you, but better safe than sorry! You hop aboard and keep to yourself.

The trolley zooms off and away from the starport, carrying you into the city! This is when you get your first glimpse of Harnaidan from the ground- towering spires that reach up into Muunilinst's clear green skies, all modeled around neo-classical Greek architectural columns and painted various pale hues of green. Harnaidan, being the headquarters of the InterGalactic Banking Clan, is the most glorious city on Muunilinst, and you can see why.

The trolley deposits you into the inner city, where most of the important buildings are- government complexes, historical monuments, fine museums... and the Central Bank.

magicturtle
I'd like to call a taxi and ask for the nicest hotel in the city

REXXXX
Taxi speeder not required- the nicest hotels of Harnaidan are all around you! A quick Savoir-Faire check ensures that you choose the fanciest and most expensive hotel in the area, near the Central Bank.

I will note that, due to your recent thieving spree, Haron has a not unmentionable stash of credits hidden away. You can use it to buy whatever you need while you are on Muunilinst, within reason and limit.

magicturtle
I'd like to go up to the desk clerk (or whatever you call the person) and ask for a suite

REXXXX
The clerk asks you what kind of suite you would like.

magicturtle
A.... private, first class suite?

REXXXX
A quick pause to establish two things-

How does Haron dress? Has he maintained his classy business attire, or gone for the average civilian look? Or something else entirely?

And where does Haron keep his lightsaber? Wearing it openly in public would be rather foolish, after all.

magicturtle
Haron came dressed in buissness attaire with a suitcase and Haron keeps his lightsaber in his suitcase along with his cloak, some other casual clothing , and about 500 thousand credits (is that ok?)

REXXXX
We will be inspecific about the amount of money Haron is carrying around; it is not greatly important to gameplay. Suffice to say it is a small fortune. Everything else is fine.

Since Haron looks the part, wearing a finely cut suit, and can facilitate the business-like behavior expected from someone wearing such an outfit, the receptionist smiles.

"Of course, sir," she says. "Our private suites are on the uppermost levels of the InterGalactic Resort, reserved for only the most wealthy of travelers. I am supposing you have the funds required to stay in such a suite?"

magicturtle
"Of course" Haron says while handing over his credits

REXXXX
"This way, sir," the receptionist says, guiding you toward a lift.

The suite that you rent out is the height of luxury- an extraordinary view of Harnaidan from nearly the top of the hotel, an immense bed with more room than you need, holographic entertainment displays showing current Republic stock ratings and a variety of sports, a sonic shower, and, of course, room service.

As you requested privacy, the room will only be entered if you give express permission. They understand that men of business need time to themselves.

And now you have somewhere to operate from! Your Astromech droid is able to charge in a corner of the suite.

magicturtle
Is there a computer?

REXXXX
Certainly.

magicturtle
I'd like to put my briefcase on the bed and open it up, place my lightsaber in a holster thats across my chest then leave the room with X12, and enter the elevator.

REXXXX
Consider your lightsaber hidden in your suit jacket! Where do you want to go from the hotel?

magicturtle
I'd like to go to the topmost floor

REXXXX
The floor that the elevator tops off at is used primarily for business meetings, with several conference rooms. From here you can see almost all of Harnaidan- the columnesque towers that make up the city, the steaming green oceans beyond the coast.

X12 beeps- he is wondering where you are going.

magicturtle
I'd like to check around for stairs leading to the roof

REXXXX
You find them in a short maintenance cooridor labeled 'Employees Only.' A ladder leads up to hatch for roof access.

magicturtle
can i open the door and walk to the roof then

REXXXX
The hatch requires an employee key to open, you notice. If forced, an alarm will sound.

X12 nudges your leg, wondering again what you are doing.

magicturtle
I'd like to ask X12 to open the door for me

REXXXX
X12 emits a series of blurps that have a negative tone to them, and you see the problem. The key required is not electronic; it is an old-fashioned key. Additionally, X12 cannot reasonably scale the ladder to the hatch anyway.

It would be Fix-It to disable the alarm (X12 can do that much for you using a nearby control panel) and Intrusion to pick the lock... which you do not have. It would very easily come undone if you cut it with your lightsaber, but that would be a ridiculous way to blow your cover this soon into your heist plans.

magicturtle
Is it possible for me to try and pick the lock with the force?

REXXXX
Such a feat would require a fine-tuned control over the Force, as represented by the kinetic power 'Precision.'

What is it that you wanted to be doing on the roof of your hotel?

magicturtle
I wanted to find out in relationship to the hotel, where the bank is

REXXXX
Ah! No need to go to the roof for that. You can see the Bank down below through one of the windows of the conference rooms. It is a much shorter structure, about a fourth the height of the hotel. It is roughly three blocks down, in line with the hotel.

magicturtle
mmm... Ok, I'd like to drop X12 off at my room change into my casual clothing, and take a cab to the nearest cantina.

REXXXX
Not many casual cantinas in this part of town- most establishments are government buildings or upscale restaurants or clubs. You did eye a few cantinas from the trolley as you left the starport station, however, so you head back in that direction.

The first one you come across is called "The Tarnished Coin." Being in Harnaidan, the exterior is clean and matches the architecture. Your senses tell you that this is what you are looking for, and the mangy patrons hanging about the entrance confirm it.

magicturtle
I'd like to pay the taxi and continue into the cantina.

REXXXX
You receive some unpleasant glares from the patrons at the door as you walk into the cantina. You sense their curiosity keenly.

The cantina's interior breaks with the architectural style of its exterior, stepping away from the majestic column structures to a more practical setting. The main floor around the bar is a rectangular area with tattered wallpapering and a variety of photos and everyday knick-knacks hung up on the wall.

Nobody stops to look when you come in; it appears to be Happy Hour.

magicturtle
I'd like to walk up to the bar and order a drink and look around to try and find where the illegal dealings go on around here.

REXXXX
The Bartender is one of the scruffy types, with a thick moustache, who sighs audibly when you order then shuffles off to get it.

Any way you would like to narrow things down? What specifically are you looking for, and do you have anything that can help you find it?

magicturtle
nvm, I'll just ask the bartender when he gets my drink, who i should keep away from.

REXXXX
"I just serve drinks," he grumpily states.

magicturtle
"Ok, then" I'd like to use perception to find the criminals, if any, in the cantina

REXXXX
What kind of criminals are you looking for? Such a thing is hard to determine on sight alone. You, after all, are a criminal, but you do not look it.

magicturtle
Ok... I'd like to shove the guy sitting next to me on purpose

REXXXX
You do so! The guy you shove happens to be a Dug, who then angrily starts cursing in Huttese and threatening you with his feet-fists.

magicturtle
I'd like to shove him again and tell him to bug off

REXXXX
"You lookin' for a fight, bub?" one of the Dug's friends asks. In fact, that Dug has quite a few friends here...

magicturtle
"I dunno!, am I?" i say sarcastically while glancing around to look for anyone trying to conceal their identity.

REXXXX
Mostly you are getting aggravated glares or glances from people looking to watch a bar fight. Starting a fight isn't exactly the best way to find whoever you are looking for- a social approach would have been more appropriate.

"Looks like it, boyo," the man says. "Leave now or I'm going to make you bite the bar."

He means it, Haron. Either you are going to need to resolve this or you will have to put up a fight...

magicturtle
"ok... ok.... i'll leave, ok? just let me explain... see, i just got dumped by my girlfriend and im having a really bad day... can i just sulk for a while longer?" I lie to him.

REXXXX
Haron goes for a Lying route to get himself out of the trouble he has gotten himself into. That's Charisma + Lying for a total of six dice to roll toward this... but you get +3 dice from the power Presence! Nine dice all told. Three dice is more than enough for your response to be convincing.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever," the guy says, backing down. "Just don't make your crappy life everyone else's problem..."

Fight averted! Perhaps not quite the route you should have gone, though. What kind of person are you trying to find?

magicturtle
i dunno... ok, im gonna leave the bar and go to the bank itself, but not enter it, just stand across the street looking at it

REXXXX
Returning to the business district, then.

As mentioned, the Central Bank of Muunilinst is much smaller than the surrounding buildings, constantly in the shadow of one kilometer-tall tower or another. The front is not unlike the Lincoln Memorial, with a wide flight of steps leading up to its front, which is lined with Ionic columns.

You notice something, though. There are small groups of battle droids making patrols about the front entrance, the Federation kind seen in the films.

magicturtle
interesting... how much floors does teh bank approximately have, and how many does the buildings on both sides approximately have

REXXXX
You cannot be perfectly sure, but you would estimate no more than twenty. The buildings around the bank you cannot even guess. Hundreds at least.

magicturtle
ok... im sorry, but.. can you give me some sort of idea of what the city is like, like...a map, or something... because, as you've probably noticed, im pretty lost, lol... ._.

REXXXX
Seeing as Harnaidan is a massive city, I do not have a map readily available. Think of it more conceptually; tell me where you want to go and you can go there, ask if a place exists and you can find out.

So far you have your points of interest- the San Hill Hotel, in which you are staying; the Central Bank of Muunilinst, which you want to rob; the Harnaidan Starport, where you arrived; and the area near the Starport where all the cantinas are located. The trolley can take you anywhere in the city.

Maybe you should consider your objectives again. Which one did you want to start on?

magicturtle
I want to get plans for the entire building, where would i go to do that

REXXXX
Sorry for the lack of update- busy weekend!

You suspect that access to a detailed map of the complex is limited on principle of not wanting bank robbers to plot and plan based on it... so you might have to simply scout it out yourself!

magicturtle
ok, are there any street alleys along the building side?

REXXXX
Having been built on its own block, there are no alleys around it. Just open streets.

magicturtle
mm.... (you just gotta choose the toughest building to break into lol :P) ok, is there a sewer system in the city?

REXXXX
There would be no challenge if it wasn't!

There is, though of course you would need a map to gain knowledge of it.

magicturtle
ok, I'd like to walk around the bank observing any security precaution installed, while hiding amongst the crowd of busy passerbyers.

REXXXX
How is your Observation score?

magicturtle
my perception is 3

REXXXX
Do you have the Observation skill?

magicturtle
I do not..

REXXXX
Then unfortunately you won't be able to simply spot things from the outside... or even the inside! What you will need is someone with prior knowledge of what the security system consists of. Not necessarily a criminal someone; the bank uses battle droids for security as far as you can tell, but you doubt that they are independently operated. Someone must control them and maintain the broadcast signal that allows them to function.

magicturtle
Ok, i'd like to walk around back and see if there's an 'employee only' door or some sort of back entrance.

REXXXX
There is a cargo entrance for shipping. It is patroled by a group of battle droids.

magicturtle
Ok, I'd like to go to the city library/archives that store all of the cities records and building plans

REXXXX
As mentioned before, while such places do exist, you feel positive that such records and building plans will not be available for the bank itself.

What you need is someone with knowledge of the bank AND the battle droids.

magicturtle
ok, i'd like to try and get as close as possible to a droid without it looking directly at me to try and see the type of droid, and/or the company that made it

REXXXX
That much is fairly apparent. These are Trade Federation battle droids. Think on a simpler scale- if the droids aren't independent, which they aren't, then whoever is in command of security for the bank must be in control of them.

magicturtle
Ok, I'd like to try and sneak into the 'Cargo Entrance' door

REXXXX
The battle droids stop you almost immediately.

"Where do you think you're going?" one asks. "This is a restricted area!"

magicturtle
"sorry, thought i saw something" i say quickly, turning away and getting as far away as possible. ok, hm are there sewer grates?

REXXXX
The battle droids let you go.

Yes, there are plenty. Going to take a look down there?

magicturtle
Yes, but I'd like to wait until night and wear my stealth/thief uniform when i go under. I'd also like to bring my lightsaber

REXXXX
Waiting out the rest of the day, then! You do not have much of a time constrain, so you spend that time readying your things.

Quick question- what color is your lightsaber?

magicturtle
black, i used a special crystal i found on my home world

REXXXX
Noted.

Night falls on Muunilinst. From your hotel room, you watch as Harnadan lights up below you. Spotlights pointed up the sides of ever building illuminate the massive towers. Even the Central Bank is lit up.

Time for your venture into the sewers. Whereabouts are you going to enter them?

magicturtle
I'd like to get to the closest one to the bank, without being totally given away, noting about the direction and distance i need to go to be under the bank

REXXXX
There is a manhole located a few streets over from the bank that you feel comfortable entering, as it is mostly empty. You can describe entering anyway you like, but the sewers themselves are stereotypically dank and musty. You will need to trudge through murky waste water...

magicturtle
crap, can i use my lightsaber for light? so i can see allittle

REXXXX
Certainly. With the familiar snap and hiss, your lightsaber flicks on. Because it is black, it only emits a pake white light. It is enough to see by.

You head toward where the bank should be. It takes a few twists and turns but your intuitive nature assists you in choosing the right path.

magicturtle
Ok, what do i see underneath the bank?

REXXXX
You pick your way through the sewers for the short distance that it is.

Underneath the bank, you find yourself in a tunnel where the Central Bank's refuse is deposited into the sewer system. Elevated walkways line the edge of the sewers as the water is deeper here; you move up onto the walkways to avoid the murky sewage. As it is night, not much is being flushed down, but that is not really what you were checking anyway.

More battle droids are stationed in the sewer tunnel along these walkways. About ten. They are led by a larger battle droid, a model you haven't seen before, a Super Battle Droid.

magicturtle
mmm... very interesting. Do i have some sort of comm link with my robot X12?

REXXXX
Sure. Comms aren't working all that great in the sewers, though.

magicturtle
ok, i'd like to pull back and go back to the surface and scout out the bank again for night time gaurds/secuirity

REXXXX
Out of the sewers. It takes some time to get out of the sewers, avoiding the battle droid patrols, so it is very early morning by the time you get to the bank.

At the bank, you see the battle droids maintaining their night watch, guardians that do not sleep or move away. You are unsure how you will get past them when you make the heist. You want to be subtle, after all.

magicturtle
Ok. i'd like to back track to the hotel and search on the computer for nearby droid maintinance shops

REXXXX
Just before you leave the bank, you feel strongly compelled to stay. For a moment, you are unsure why... but then it is made apparent.

The front door of the bank opens with a quiet swish. Through it walks a man, flanked by two of those Mark II battle droids. Judging by his uniform, a black outfit marked with a yellow stripe across the breast, he must be security. He looks... soft. And pudgy.

Your instincts wanted you to see him.

magicturtle
can, i quietly follow him and see where he is going?

REXXXX
He is just standing around out in front of the Central Bank right now. He seems to be inspecting the battle droids.

magicturtle
What battle droids?What is he doing to them?

REXXXX
The ones patrolling the front door. He is just looking. Probably making sure everything is running smoothly.

magicturtle
ok, i'd like to go note the time and head back to my hotel room

REXXXX
It is early morning. He returns inside later.

The best news you have received from this observation is that someone fleshy and human is in charge of the battle droids. It is impossible for you to use your Mind Tricks on droids- they do not have minds to trick- but a human... that has possibilities.

Shall we move on to the second day? You have gotten some decent information, but you will need more if you are going to break into that vault.

magicturtle
yea, and in the morning i'd like to first ask my droid if he can make it so nobody can see what im searching on the computer, just in case local police are covering the web, and find just how the Mark II droid is made

REXXXX
Smart thinking. X12 is very handy for computer-based activities. He renders your searches untraceable.

You research your enemy and get some general information about the droids that you are going up against here. Whereas battle droids are generally quite flimsy and must be equipped with blaster rifles, these Mark II battle droids are bulkier and have blasters built into their arms. They are no more independent, though; both models rely on a signal to command them. If the signal is cut, they shut down.

As far as gameplay rules are concerned:

Battle droids are Mooks with Guns pools of 5 dice.

Super battle droids are Mooks with Guns pools of 6 dice and an Armor rating of 1.

Mooks are generally easy targets, meant to be lined up and knocked down by the pluck protagonists- in this case, that would be you! Mooks require three successes to kill, and that is raised by one for every point of Armor a mook has.

However, Lightsabers make short work of them! They have a base damage of 6*, meaning they have a Mook Killing Power, meaing you only need to two successes to kill a Mook. They also ignore Armor, meaning that you only need two successes (rather than four) to kill a Mark II.

Does that all make sense?

magicturtle
are there any special designs modifications that i need to know about the Mark II? And i understand the dice system for mooks now.

REXXXX
Merely the increase in Armor and the built-in arm blasters. These are the Super Battle Droids we see in Attack of the Clones, for the record.

magicturtle
Ok, thanks. I'd like to go to a hair cuttery place, and get my hair trimmed to look profesional.

REXXXX
Consider Haron tidied up and looking dashing! What are Haron's plans for the day, as far as gathering more information and setting up his way out of the bank and off of Muunilinst?

magicturtle
just clarifying, this Mark II droid isn't this droid is it?
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Assault_droid_Mark_II

REXXXX
I think you'll find they are a tad more familiar than that.

Super Battle Droid

magicturtle
Ah, ok. I'd like to see if i can aquire any information about a signal jammer, any hints?

REXXXX
The only way to stop that signal is to destroy the transmitter or the receiver- the controller or the droid itself. The Federation has seen to it that it is impossible to jam the signal (otherwise they would have done it in the films!).

magicturtle
Ok, i'd like to go to a store (any store i dont really care, its not important) and buy some engineery looking clothes, rubber boots, goggles, a hard hat, tool belt and tools (wrenches, hammers). then head to the city archives, for a document of a map of the sewer system (wearing my fancy clothes)

REXXXX
You think the clothes might be overdoing it- checking the sewer schematics in casual clothes will do. In which case, it is a task that takes little time. A helpful droid directs you to the sewer schematics as they are readily available to the public.

You are aggravated to find that sections of the sewers have been removed from the map, at the behest of the Central Bank.

magicturtle
agh... lol, stupid bankers :P
ok, what is the building to the direct right of the bank? and the left?

REXXXX
Office complexes, across the street on either side. The Central Bank has its own block.

magicturtle
Can i go in those and check one it out a bit? get a sense of the security and what its purpose is
--
Also if i do check one in, i'd like to check the exactly opposite one out too, as to form a line that intersects the bank lot, from each office complex

REXXXX
Both are standard office complexes- you are not allowed to wander in them quite, as both belong to the Bank. One, you learn, is used for handling bank business planetwide. The other is for handling bank business intergalactically- one of the main offices of the Banking Clan.

They are equipped with alarms and patrolled by casual night watchmen, who are assisted by a light patrol of battle droids. Way more droids patrol the bank.

Also, as an earlier note- you can fill in the blanks with the sewers as you explored them yourself. Not in excruciating detail, mind you, but well enough to find your way underneath the bank again.

magicturtle
Ok, what do you think the chances of me being recognized with my new haircut, and if im wearing buisines attire?

REXXXX
Consider it a non-issue. Your Reputation does not come into effect.

magicturtle
Ok, i'd like to hang out around the bank until the security guy comes out of the bank. then run up to him and say "oh, phew, thought i'd have to come back in the morning, i think i dropped my wallet inside, can i go in?"

REXXXX
That would require you to wait until the next night to come around, meaning you would waste an entire day! There might be a more proactive way to find him, or you can hit upon one of your other objectives.

magicturtle
good point, can i enter the sewers an spend a good while exploring around underneath the bank and the surrounding areas

REXXXX
There areas you want to explore are filled with battle droids. A waste of time, that, unless you intend to destroy them.

magicturtle
Yes, i do intend on destroying them, but i want to go at night, and wear my thieving uniform, and something to cover my face in-case they send my picture back to the computer that supplies the signal.

REXXXX
Bear in mind the dangers of destroying battle droids before you're ready to make the heist. You only have one means of destroying them, after all- your lightsaber. Very tell-tale damage that it inflicts!

And again, that leaves your day open for more preparations. You haven't seen the inside of the bank yet and know nothing about it besides that they use battle droids, and you have no way to get off-world.

magicturtle
mm, thats right, i never thought about the escape plan... i'd like to go to the cantina and try to find myself a pilot

REXXXX
Good thinking! As you have no ship or the skill to fly one, it'd be grand to get a pilot.

You head downtown to one of the cantinas you saw on your way into the city. The cantina you choose- the Harping Dragon- is bustling with activity, with the regular assortment of aliens throughout. What is your entrance like and how do you intend to find a pilot?

magicturtle
well, i want to just casually walk in, sit at the bar, listen to the band,then order a drink.

REXXXX
The bartender will fetch whatever you ask for. The band is some sort of sci-fi synth-pop-ish thing.

magicturtle
lol (sci-fi synth-pop-ish thing)
can i casually ask the bartender, "hey, whos the best pilot in these parts?"

REXXXX
The bartender- a fat and hairy man with a formidable mustache- shrugs.

"That's a matter of opinion, don'tcha think?" the bartender asks. "You're just askin' me to point you in the right direction, I feel."

magicturtle
"lets just say im more of a... 'no questions asked' type of guy..." Kren chuckles " but if you point me to the best pilot...i might accidentally leave behind a few credits..." kren says sliding a 100 credit chip across the bar top.

REXXXX
The bartender slaps a hand down on the credit you give him, Haron.

"Well," the bartender says. "Maybe I can help."

He points out several pilots in the cantina:

- A grizzled, tired old war veteran

- A fresh-faced and sassy racer

- A trio of tough but short alien smugglers

Choose one to approach.

magicturtle
I would like to approach the alien smugglers
"so, i heard you are the dominant pilots here.. would you like to do business together?" Haron says

REXXXX
The trio of alien smugglers- short scrappy reptilians- immediately begin jabbering in high yet gruff voices, rapidly and incessantly.

How is your Language skill?

magicturtle
2 for language and 1 for savoir-farie

REXXXX
Language is more the concern here, though a Savoir-Faire roll would help you figure out what they are. Going for both?

magicturtle
why not, sure.
-
also, i would like to use empathy in this situation, if you would please

REXXXX
Spending a point on Empathy? Who are you examining with the power?

magicturtle
oh, i didn't know it cost a force point, in the rules thread it didn't say it cost any points.

REXXXX
The majority of Force powers cost one point unless it says otherwise in their description (i.e. Scan can be used at no cost, or Staredown costs two points). Empathy costs a point.

Do remember that you start with 9 Force Points! You spent a point on Foresight, leaving you with 8.

magicturtle
mm... I'd like to roll for language and savoir-farie first, then see if i need to push it further

REXXXX
Alright. It is Savoir-Faire + Intelligence to test your galactic knowledge, and Language + Intelligence to translate what they are saying.

Two successes on the Savoir-Faire check. These fellows are Nergians, a race of fast-talking and short-tempered reptilians with a penchant for weaponry and for low intelligence.

Two successes on the Language check too. They seem to be bickering about how much they should charge you already.

magicturtle
"ill give you 2 thousand right now, you'll get the rest of the 10 thousand after i am safely at my destination" Haron says in Nergian to the bickering smugglers, as to put an end to the arguments.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>