the source vs lucifer morning

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Colossus-Big C
discuss

Omega Vision
Lucifer Morning sounds like some jazz percussionist.

Probably the Source, it seemed to be higher up than Lucifer if only by a little.

iceman24567
Lucifer didn't think so

Omega Vision
Lucifer is arrogant, but then its been a while since I read the comic where he entered the Wall.

WhiteWitchKing
Lucifer. Seems much wiser than the Source and probably older too. Tricking the Source was one of Darkseid's most ingenious plans ever. If both matched each other in power, I see Lucifer winning this through trickery of kind.

kevdude
Hard to say, The Source seems to equated with God. What Darkseid in DNG did was greater then Thanos in The End, even if it was for a short time, main reason Darkseid had a chance was because The Source was working within time itself.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by kevdude
Hard to say, The Source seems to equated with God. What Darkseid in DNG did was greater then Thanos in The End, even if it was for a short time, main reason Darkseid had a chance was because The Source was working within time itself.

OMG, you have sealed your fate!

Run, run rabbit run
dig a hole forget the sun
he is coming!

panic

kevdude
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
OMG, you have sealed your fate!

Run, run rabbit run
dig a hole forget the sun
he is coming!

panic

laughing out loud I'll try to be ready.

Philosophía
Lucifer.

Eon Blue
Lucy.

Nihilist
Lucifer morning, day and night.

galactusischere
Lucifer morning should win this IMO.

Blanket
Originally posted by kevdude
Hard to say, The Source seems to equated with God. What Darkseid in DNG did was greater then Thanos in The End, even if it was for a short time, main reason Darkseid had a chance was because The Source was working within time itself. In other words:

"go off topic. insert unfounded opinion"

kevdude
Wasn't my intent ninja . When Lucifer went pass the Wall and how he reacted to, that would put him above it. He would never be able to do such a thing to The Presence himself.

quanchi112
Source wins.

AsbestosFlaygon
That gesture that Lucifer showed to The Source means jack shit really.

The Source seemed to be directly connected with The Presence.. it/he is arguably a part of The Presence itself/himself.

Blanket
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon

The Source seemed to be directly connected with The Presence.. it/he is arguably a part of The Presence itself/himself. What is Lucifer then? Not a part of God?

Also, the Word, and Spectre are also a part of God. Would either beat Lucifer?

AsbestosFlaygon
The Word, not sure.

The Spectre, no.

The Voice, yes.

The Source, not sure.

quanchi112
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon

The Source seemed to be directly connected with The Presence.. it/he is arguably a part of The Presence itself/himself. I agree this showing in no way, shape, or form holds any water in a direct confrontation between these two.

Galan007
This page has always intrigued me:
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/6910/lucifer123.jpg

Granted nothing in that scan specifically mentions that Lucifer was more powerful than the Source. However, the fact(s) that he was able to A.) enter the Source itself on a whim, B.) ignore the Source entirely, and C.) utilize the Aleph without struggling in the least is something very few characters have ever done -- and something that no character has ever accomplished with such ease.

Colossus-Big C
they bolded HE IGNORED IT that means the source is below him.

if Silver surfer flew past exitar can he "Ignore Exitar"?

Mindset
Yes.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C

if Silver surfer flew past exitar can he "Ignore Exitar"?
At his peril but yes.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Galan007

Granted nothing in that scan specifically mentions that Lucifer was more powerful than the Source. However, the fact(s) that he was able to A.) enter the Source itself on a whim, B.) ignore the Source entirely, and C.) utilize the Aleph without struggling in the least is something very few characters have ever done -- and something that no character has ever accomplished with such ease. thumb up not much else needs to be said...

kevdude
Originally posted by Galan007

Granted nothing in that scan specifically mentions that Lucifer was more powerful than the Source. However, the fact(s) that he was able to A.) enter the Source itself on a whim, B.) ignore the Source entirely, and C.) utilize the Aleph without struggling in the least is something very few characters have ever done -- and something that no character has ever accomplished with such ease.

thumb up Even states he went pass the veil which implies that it is God or at least his will that created everything

Allankles
I don't see Lucifer being above the Source in general. The Source is hinted at being an aspect of the Presence. It's also hinted at being the mind of the Primal Monitor which may also be the Presence.

If you rememer the Source Wall seperates the Multiverse from the infinite Overvoid, which is the mind of the Primal Monitor and also where the Monitor World exists.

When the 4th world was destroyed by the New God's war the Source Wall was also destroyed, exposing the Multiverse to the Overvoid itself.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Allankles
I don't see Lucifer being above the Source in general. The Source is hinted at being an aspect of the Presence. It's also hinted at being the mind of the Primal Monitor which may also be the Presence.

If you rememer the Source Wall seperates the Multiverse from the infinite Overvoid, which is the mind of the Primal Monitor and also where the Monitor World exists.

When the 4th world was destroyed by the New God's war the Source Wall was also destroyed, exposing the Multiverse to the Overvoid itself.
So if anything the Source Wall is like the Primal Monitor's Corpus Colostrum, keeping the two hemispheres of His mind separate.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Omega Vision
So if anything the Source Wall is like the Primal Monitor's Corpus Colostrum, keeping the two hemispheres of His mind separate.
No, the Source wall keep other universe separate from each other

quanchi112

if Silver surfer flew past exitar can he "Ignore Exitar"? I'm sure Exitar would ignore him so if he ignored Exitar then nothing would happen.

Blanket

if Silver surfer flew past exitar can he "Ignore Exitar"? Surfer ignoring anything is not in his powerset.

Allankles
Originally posted by Omega Vision

Something like that. It would also give a good retconned reason for why the Prometheans and others were imprisoned on the wall.

Allankles
Originally posted by xJLxKing
No, the Source wall keep other universe separate from each other

The Orrery seperates the individual universes within the Multiverse. The Source Wall seperates the Multiverse from the Overvoid/Mind of the Monitor.

It's explained somewhere in FC, Novu's woman mentions the destruction of the Source wall and the exposure of the Multiverse.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Allankles
The Orrery seperates the individual universes within the Multiverse. The Source Wall seperates the Multiverse from the Overvoid/Mind of the Monitor.

It's explained somewhere in FC, Novu's woman mentions the destruction of the Source wall and the exposure of the Multiverse. I don't think the Source Wall was ever mentioned in FC>

AsbestosFlaygon
Lucifer ignoring The Source is insufficient proof to warrant that his power is greater than The Source's.

It was explicitly stated that he ignored The Source because he was looking for something else, The Aleph.

The scene does, however, show that Lucifer is not a part of The Source.

Allankles
Originally posted by xJLxKing
I don't think the Source Wall was ever mentioned in FC>

I think it's mentioned somewhere in the director's cut, or maybe an interview. Anyways in FC The Source is God/the Presence/The Overvoid.

Lucifer is below the Source. I can probably find the interwiew or director's cut somewhere if you want to see it. But The Source was confirmed as being the Overvoid/God.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.