Michael Vs World's Funnest Mxy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

galactusischere
CIS, PIS, and jobbing are all off..

Blanket
Micheal

quanchi112
Whoever attacks first wins.

Galan007
^ Purtty much.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Galan007
^ Purtty much. not really erm

quanchi112
Originally posted by Starscream M
not really erm How is it anything but?

Starscream M
Originally posted by quanchi112
How is it anything but? they both possess enough power to withstand an initial attack

Philosophía
Michael.

xJLxKing
Didn't Lucifer survive a big bang attack, or something close to that? Luci=Mich

This is a tough call

KuRuPT Thanosi
I honestly don't view it as THAT hard to call. Wasn't Michael and Lucifer responsible for the creation of Mxy and thus the powers he has?

kevdude
The thing also that people overlook is Michael was there as well, infact he was it, and returned like nothing happened. Michael

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by kevdude
The thing also that people overlook is Michael was there as well, infact he was it, and returned like nothing happened. Michael Which created Mxy in the first place right or wrong?

Colossus-Big C
yea they created mxy

kevdude
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Which created Mxy in the first place right or wrong?

I would think so, Mxy by his nature is an extremely powerful demon.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Right, but if your power created Mxy along with everything else in DC.. how could mxy be more powerful than something responsible for his own power along with everything else's power?

Galan007
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
I honestly don't view it as THAT hard to call. Wasn't Michael and Lucifer responsible for the creation of Mxy and thus the powers he has? Nah. Mike/Lucy created the Vertigo-verse. That has no bearing on Mxy's origin in mainstream DC.

The 5th-D is outside of conceptual universes anyway.

Kris Blaze
The vertigo MULTIverse

Galan007
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
The vertigo MULTIverse Call it what you will. stick out tongue

Mxy also destroyed the DC multiverse with an insane amount of ease, and then snapped it all back into existence (literally.)

That right thur is a Mike/Lucy feat combined. yes

Mindset

Kris Blaze
Call it what you will. stick out tongue

Mxy also destroyed the DC multiverse with an insane amount of ease, and then snapped it all back into existence (literally.)

That right thur is a Mike/Lucy feat combined. yes
The wholesome 52 universes that are left? Or is it 51 now?

Either way, the amount of physical exhaustion someone displays when they do something should become moot once we go above high herald. It's not like it would be less impressive if Mxy had to dance and do 20 pushups in order to erase it.

Galan007
The wholesome 52 universes that are left? Or is it 51 now? Nah, Mxy destroyed/recreated the infinite one. wink

Mindset
The infinite 52?

Galan007
Originally posted by Mindset
The infinite 52? Nope. The infinite, infinite multiverse. smile

Mindset
What's the difference?

Kris Blaze
Nah, Mxy destroyed/recreated the infinite one. wink
Prove that shit, son uhuh

Philosophía
Why is it more impressive whether he destroyed the original infinite parallel earths containing or the current 52 Universes ones when, essentially, we're talking about the same amount of power only molded into different type of structures (universal, multiversal etc.) ?

Galan007

"No more infinite earths."
"No more alternative Universes."
"No more pasts. No more futures."
"No more Superdopes."
"No more anything."

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/Galan_photos/th_wf24.jpg

Kris Blaze
Yeah, not proven.

That sounds like an omniverse. Multiverse does not include pasts or futures. That's what the Omniverse does.

Galan007

Philosophía
Rip debunked the 52 crap anyway:

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/Galan_photos/th_rip_worldexplain1.jpg
thumb up

Kris Blaze
Rip Hunter is the ****ing man.

Mindset
Rip debunked the 52 crap anyway:

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/Galan_photos/th_rip_worldexplain1.jpg

Is that canon?

Galan007
Rip Hunter is like LT. ALL of his appearances are at least canon for him.

Omega Vision
He destroyed universes that were outside of the current 52, Hell the story starts out in PC EARTH ONE!

Colossus-Big C
can mxy go into the marvel universe?
or LT prevents that

xJLxKing
There is a Bio in Marvel that claims he did. He even refers to the Fantastic Four laughing out loud Galan posted in his thread.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
can mxy go into the marvel universe?
or LT prevents that
He's messed with the Fantastic Four before.

Mindset
No he didn't.

galactusischere
Is Mxy the same guy as Impossible Man? or are they different?

Mindset
Different.

Omega Vision
No he didn't.
Well he messed with four guys in blue costumes like the FF in another Universe.

Galan007
No he didn't. Impossible Man's OHOTMU bio referenced Mxy having impersonated him on at least one occasion to torment the F4. IM's bio also references the crossover he and Mxy appeared in together.

Omega Vision
Impossible Man's OHOTMU bio referenced Mxy having impersonated him on at least one occasion to torment to F4. IM's bio also references the crossover he and Mxy appeared in together.
Does that make it a canon crossover for Marvel?

Mindset

Galan007
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Does that make it a canon crossover for Marvel? Seemingly so.

Mindset
Impossible Man's OHOTMU bio referenced Mxy having impersonated him on at least one occasion to torment to F4. I'm pretty sure it didn't.

Galan007
I'm pretty sure it didn't. Read the two portions of IM's bio that I boxed in red plz:

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/8875/imbio1.th.jpg

Mindset
I refuse.

That's Mixed Pickles, like Buried Alien(or w/e his name was), it's an allusion to those character, not necessarily those characters.

Galan007
^ homo. eatermm

Mindset
Reported for homophobia.

xJLxKing
laughing out loud

Galan007
Reported for homophobia. catfight

Galan007
That's Mixed Pickles, like Buried Alien(or w/e his name was), it's an allusion to those character, not necessarily those characters. Except in the crossover, IM specifically called Mxy "Mixed Pickles."

Accept it. thumb up

Mindset
This Mixed Pickles guy may be a distant relative of Mxy, it would explain the similar appearances.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Starscream M
they both possess enough power to withstand an initial attack Not their most devastating attacks. Mxy's been oneshotted before and Michael's went down to far less than Mxy's most powerful attacks.

Nah. Mike/Lucy created the Vertigo-verse. That has no bearing on Mxy's origin in mainstream DC.

The 5th-D is outside of conceptual universes anyway. Exactly. Vertigo is completely different than what takes place in the dcu.

I refuse.

That's Mixed Pickles, like Buried Alien(or w/e his name was), it's an allusion to those character, not necessarily those characters. I agree. It's like saying Thor's alter ego floored Clark Kent with his massive shoulders. It's the staff screwing around more or less.

Galan007
This Mixed Pickles guy may be a distant relative of Mxy, it would explain the similar appearances. laughing out loud

Kris Blaze

Omega Vision

Mr Master
Mxy has absolutely nothing to do with Marvel outside of a cross-over.

Impossible Man has absolutely nothing to do with DC outside of the same.

If Mxy were truly canon to Marvel, then his real name would've been mentioned.

(copyright infringement my ass if it's canon)

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Mr Master

(copyright infringement my ass if it's canon)
Well if memory serves DC referenced JLA/Avengers (which for DC at least is canon) and the Avengers in particular as the "others". No direct naming but that doesn't mean it didn't happen they just don't want to get into lawyer territory.

Batman-Prime
Well if memory serves DC referenced JLA/Avengers (which for DC at least is canon) and the Avengers in particular as the "others". No direct naming but that doesn't mean it didn't happen they just don't want to get into lawyer territory.

The funny thing is that JLA/Avengers was said to be canon for both companies though if Marvel would decide that it's not canon then it would be not canon for both.

Marvel vs DC isn't canon to both, it wasn't during it's release and it wasn't after it.

The Mxy thing is IMO something different, as those "FF" moments from the DC comics couldn't be considered canon til the moment Marvel made them canon with their Impossible Man's OHOTMU bio.
The fact that it was a canon DC Mxy-story and the fact that Marvel deemed it worthy enough to be mentioned in the bio does indeed make it canon. IMO. Though it comes as a surprise as i have never heard of anything similar. It's really unique.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Batman-Prime
The funny thing is that JLA/Avengers was said to be canon for both companies though if Marvel would decide that it's not canon then it would be not canon for both.

Marvel vs DC isn't canon to both, it wasn't during it's release and it wasn't after it.

The Mxy thing is IMO something different, as those "FF" moments from the DC comics couldn't be considered canon til the moment Marvel made them canon with their Impossible Man's OHOTMU bio.
The fact that it was a canon DC Mxy-story and the fact that Marvel deemed it worthy enough to be mentioned in the bio does indeed make it canon. IMO. Though it comes as a surprise as i have never heard of anything similar. It's really unique.

Actually, one of the Power of Shazam comics. issue #20 iirc, directly have Captain Marvel referencing his battle with the "thunder god". I don't doubt that Marvel vs. DC was non-canon, but it was funny to see CM recall it.

Omega Vision

The nature of Mxy makes it possible IMO. If any being could enter the MU it would be him seeing as he's entered the real world twice.

Mindset
The nature of Mxy makes it possible IMO. If any being could enter the MU it would be him seeing as he's entered the real world twice. Doom entered the real world.

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Actually, one of the Power of Shazam comics. issue #20 iirc, directly have Captain Marvel referencing his battle with the "thunder god". I don't doubt that Marvel vs. DC was non-canon, but it was funny to see CM recall it.

Yes, if Marvel would let Thor recall his fight with the champion of eternal rock it would make it canon to both I think wink. Some crossovers were not that bad IMO. I liked the Galactus vs Darkseid. DC vs Marvel was only so bad because it felt so rushed. 4 comics for such an event isn't very much. I liked the Amalagamverse though.

Thorion rocked. cool

The nature of Mxy makes it possible IMO. If any being could enter the MU it would be him seeing as he's entered the real world twice.

Yeah and the fact that a lot of artists/writers work for both companies during their careers. I think they don't see it as narrowminded as comic fans, they want to entertain and they surely appreciate creative work from others, even from other companies.

JakeTheBank
Yes, if Marvel would let Thor recall his fight with the champion of eternal rock it would make it canon to both I think wink. Some crossovers were not that bad IMO. I liked the Galactus vs Darkseid. DC vs Marvel was only so bad because it felt so rushed. 4 comics for such an event isn't very much. I liked the Amalagamverse though.

Thorion rocked. cool

Yeah, as a rule, Marvel vs. DC was just...bad. I think the CM/Thor fight was pretty fair to both characters, though. Of course the two of them are among my favorite heroes from either company, so I'm obligated to say that embarrasment

Batman-Prime
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Yeah, as a rule, Marvel vs. DC was just...bad. I think the CM/Thor fight was pretty fair to both characters, though. Of course the two of them are among my favorite heroes from either company, so I'm obligated to say that embarrasment

Not that bad wink. Some of it. I liked the Kyle vs SS fight and I liked the art of that Crossover.
CM vs Thor was cool, except the "big wheel", that felt sooo wrong. A nice Hammer Knockout would have been better. big grin
Thor's costume was cool (modern), never seen it before that issue.

Mr Master
Characters appearing in crossovers are contained within said crossovers,
and never have and never will appear in an actual canon Marvel title.

When Mxy or any other DC cat pops up in a 616 Marvel title,
then we can say, it's canon.

Otherwise, it's just writers having fun
and placing said cats in this fantasy reality we call crossovers.

And again, if it really were canon, the real name would be mentioned,
instead of some 'dub' term applied to the supposed appearance of another companies character.

quanchi112
Well if memory serves DC referenced JLA/Avengers (which for DC at least is canon) and the Avengers in particular as the "others". No direct naming but that doesn't mean it didn't happen they just don't want to get into lawyer territory. It's just marvel screwing around though. Buried alien and other references are not canon. I mean you can feel free to disagree, but I think it's rather obvious they are just joking around.

Philosophía

Mindset
You actually took the time to look through my posts?

lulz

btw, I said no homo, I'm clear.

Philosophía
I typed Mindset and searched for 'no homo'.

Oddly(?) enough, there were no results at first, so I left it at 'homo' and voila.

Mindset
Sure Phil, sure.

Batman-Prime

quanchi112
You actually took the time to look through my posts?

lulz

btw, I said no homo, I'm clear. And he edited his post. He really thought his next move out.

xJLxKing

Mindset
It's funny that I said homo in my posts?

God, you guys are laugh whores, stop being so easy.

Galan007

(copyright infringement my ass if it's canon) IM's bio simply used the same name for Mxy that IM himself used in the crossover - and that was, "Mixed Pickles" (I can post no less than half a dozen separate instances in which IM referred to Mxy as such, if need be.) IM's bio also went on to reference the instance where Mxy impersonated IM and mucked with the F4 (an obvious 'shout-out' to Superman #50.)

So if Marvel felt the need to acknowledge these happenings in an official published character biography, they must be canon in some way/shape/form.

Mr Master

IM's bio simply used the same name for Mxy that IM himself used in the crossover - and that was, "Mixed Pickles" (I can post no less than half a dozen separate instances in which IM referred to Mxy as such, if need be.) IM's bio also went on to reference the instance where Mxy impersonated IM and mucked with the F4 (an obvious 'shout-out' to Superman #50.)

So if Marvel felt the need to acknowledge these happenings in an official published character biography, they must be canon in some way/shape/form.
Imo, it's only canon concerning cross-overs,
but concerning 616 or any other true alternate Marvel reality, no.

That I know of,
The FF team bio,
or the FF bios of the individuals does not allude to of any of those happenings.

IM's appearance are seldom,
I'm not surprised the 'mixed pickels' comedy was referenced.

That aside, again, if the actual name of the character is not mentioned,
then it's not canon to the actual character imo,
or in other words, there's a character named "mixed pickles" running around in Marvel,
that looks/acts just like Mxy of DC.

That's how I see it,
even though we as readers know what they're trying to akin it to.

Prep-Man

That I know of,
The FF team bio,
or the FF bios of the individuals does not allude to of any of those happenings.

or in other words, there's a character named "mixed pickles" running around in Marvel,

That's how I see it,
even though we as readers know what they're trying to akin it to.

Oh, I kid you not. So HOM Wanda > Living Tribunal?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Oh, I kid you not. So HOM Wanda > Living Tribunal? What does that have to do with his post?

Mr Master
Originally posted by Prep-Man

Oh, I kid you not. So HOM Wanda > Living Tribunal?
no expression

What does my post and/or this thread have to do with Wanda or the LT?

Prep-Man
no expression

What does my post and/or this thread have to do with Wanda or the LT?

Man, I am losing it. This was respond to the HOM Wanda thread. My bad.

Galan007

That I know of,
The FF team bio,

That's how I see it,
even though we as readers know what they're trying to akin it to. That is your opinion and you are entitled to it. I completely disagree though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.