Yoda Vs Luke Skywalker (Strictly Lightsaber Duel)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

\\S//
Neither can use any force powers, just precog and force aided acrobatics, power and speed.

Darth_Glentract
Probably Luke. He's immensely physically powerful and he also quick too. Moved so fast he was like a blur and it was like he wielded 20 blades.

Maester_yoda
yeh i remember jaina and jacen both saying how it seemed that their uncle was flying and flipping all over when he dual wielded on the vong ship

\\S//
QKFfnRugouY

Yoda smashing droid armies;

g_jFQCDYycA

wTsNIUcc5rU

Yoda in battlefront II;

3_MUMipO3p0

Yoda was the only Jedi to survive a direct Clone Attack in Order 66;

nq9QLrZutSs

Yoda's power did not just surmount to armies of droids, but to THE highly trained 501st clones as well;

q_PLc0XT7LM

Darth Sidious did not win the lightsaber duel. It is in fact blatantly hinted that Yoda was the victor in their duel. Before George Lucas cut to the Anakin/Obi-Wan duel, Yoda and Darth Sidious were fighting on the Emperor's Podium, when they cut back, Yoda had his lightsaber ignited and Darth Sidious didn't have a lightsaber at all. I say this in passage, he didn't have it because he did not use a lightsaber for the entirety of the films from that point on, it was either abandoned or destroyed in his duel with Yoda.

inTbUf5Swfc

\\S//
Darth Sidious began the duel by limiting Yoda's ability to perform acrobatics on the Podium-much like Mace did to Palpatine using three Jedi as bate to force Palpatine to the window of the Chancellor's Office and limit his superior lightsaber skill-this, however, didn't allow Sidious much of an advantage at all, he did not win the lightsaber duel. It is in fact blatantly hinted that Yoda was the victor in their duel. Before George Lucas cut to the Anakin/Obi-Wan duel, Yoda and Darth Sidious were fighting on the Emperor's Podium, when they cut back, Yoda had his lightsaber ignited and Darth Sidious didn't have a lightsaber at all. I say this in passage, he didn't have it because he did not use a lightsaber for the entirety of the films from that point on, it was either abandoned or destroyed in his duel with Yoda. Yoda would have taken Palpatine out and successfully assassinated the super-proficient swordsman with his own superior swordsmanship had it not been for his luring of Yoda onto that Podium.

Luke quickly took out a more agile and powerful Palpatine, but you also have to remember that Luke was very powerfully built, lighter than Darth Bane and stronger than a Wookie (Han's attack on Luke in Dark Empire), he could produce more speed, leverage and powerful motion in a duel using the Strong Style than anyone else in either the films or the entire EU.

But the Strong Style is useless against Force Acrobatics, something Palpatine mysteriously didn't use in his duel with Luke, possibly because Luke had studied Obi-Wan's usage of Shii Cho in exploting the weaknesses of force acrobatics.

However Yoda mastered force acrobatics like Windu mastered Vapaad when no-one else could, Yoda's low volume amplified his proficiency with the form.

Yoda might could win simply because of his low volume, monster force acrobatics and mastery of Ataru.

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by \\S//
Yoda in battlefront II;

3_MUMipO3p0

Oh my god. Great source man, if only everyone here would do this.

\\S//
Originally posted by Slash_KMC

I figure you get more 'lil green meanie' flipping around cutting droids up.

It's a visual thing.

\\S//
tBmKAlW1Xgk

Yoda doing what Luke did except to droids and tanks.

Red Nemesis
The player in BFII is terrible.

truejedi
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
don't be snide slash,this guy doesn't read the books. We shouldn't mock him too much for it.

Luke's lightsaber wins/feats, and stated out-of-universe accolades for lightsaber skills are truly second to none. Unparalleled actually. Probably because every book has him kill something with a saber, but the point is, the quotes are there, if you bother to go look for them. (don't ask me, to look them up for you right now, i've got college) but it appearing as though he had 20 blades at once is a good place to start.

Yoda is tremendous with a saber, but the evidence simply isn't there that he could defeat Luke. Better than Dooku, and therefore by extension, Mace: probably better than sidious (with saber) But there is no tie-in with New Republic era villians or heroes, and the accolades aren't as good for Yoda.

Battlefront 2 gameplay is definitly not a source, just so ya know, but it was an interesting video anyway.

kodiak430
Hey i don't know if any of you remember me but I havent been on for quite a while.. I think maybe 7 months now. But its great to be back i probably wont be on that much.
And to be on topic what version of luke is this?

emoboy13
luke would win because he's the chosen 1's son

Lord Lucien
Zett Jukasa would win becasue he's the Chosen One's species.

And Jurokk would win because he was the Chosen One's first Jedi victim.

And Kitster would win because he was the Chosen One's best friend.

And Revan would win because he's the heart of the Force---which is connected to the midichlorians---which the Chosen One's made of.

And Padme would win because she f*cked the Chosen One.

emoboy13
Originally posted by Lord Lucien

ya i agree

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by Lord Lucien

Pics or it didn't happen.

And no, Luke and Leia are not proof. They're seed put in a vagina.

Jinsoku Takai
Yoda ***king tears his ass up!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.