A Snydecast inspired poll about baldness

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Jello
Listening to the Ken P D Snydecast, they talked about hair club for men/flap surgery in a very comical way. Basically, they implant tissue expanders (aka balloons) under your "hair-bearing" scalp and then have you walk around with an inflated head like something out of Alien Nation until your skin stretches, at which point they take the extra skin off the hair bearing portion, cut off your bald scalp, then transplant the hair bearing scalp where you were bald.

My question is whether it's better to be bald and proud or to walk around with an inflated head only to magically have hair grow back a couple months later?

Shakyamunison
I've found that cutting my hair really short helps hide baldness.

Darth Jello
Based on what that said, you could end up looking like a cabbage patch doll if it doesn't take.

Colossus-Big C
just wash your hair with shampoo once a week, or use a dht shampoo.(if you already experincing balding its too late)

my dad and my grandfather have baldness. im 21 with a full head of hair and hair all the down to my temples, no receding

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
just wash your hair with shampoo once a week, or use a dht shampoo.(if you already experincing balding its too late)

my dad and my grandfather have baldness. im 21 with a full head of hair and hair all the down to my temples, no receding

Hair loss is genetic. Get ready... big grin

Ordo

now thats an amazing story. I'm sure you've escaped it for sure!

*facepalm*

Symmetric Chaos
I'd just go bald.

Darth Jello
Well, I didn't mean other alternatives or personal advice (the chances of me going bald are slim to none). I'm just asking if given the choice, if you'd rather be bald or walk around with an inflated head for a couple of months and then have kind of weird looking hair that rides up towards the back like an ill-fitting toilet rug.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Ordo
now thats an amazing story. I'm sure you've escaped it for sure!

*facepalm*

Definitely. He's 21, his hair is safe.

Darth Jello

my dad and my grandfather have baldness. im 21 with a full head of hair and hair all the down to my temples, no receding Baldness is like color blindness, it comes from your mom's side, dude.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Baldness is like color blindness, it comes from your mom's side, dude.

Oh sweet, my mom isn't bald at all.

Darth Jello
Originally posted by Bardock42
Oh sweet, my mom isn't bald at all. Is her dad or brother or grandpa? I don't want you to miss out on the fun of having an inflatable head.

Darth Jello
Maybe we should discuss when and whether it would be advantageous to have an inflatable head?

Robtard
Listening to the Ken P D Snydecast, they talked about hair club for men/flap surgery in a very comical way. Basically, they implant tissue expanders (aka balloons) under your "hair-bearing" scalp and then have you walk around with an inflated head like something out of Alien Nation until your skin stretches, at which point they take the extra skin off the hair bearing portion, cut off your bald scalp, then transplant the hair bearing scalp where you were bald.

My question is whether it's better to be bald and proud or to walk around with an inflated head only to magically have hair grow back a couple months later?

Fell like an ass saying this, as I've lucked out so far and have a full head of hair, while my two brothers started balding in their late 20's, but balding men should just buzz or shave their heads, looks far better than all these "fixes".

Darth Jello
Originally posted by Robtard
Fell like an ass saying this, as I've lucked out so far and have a full head of hair, while my two brothers started balding in their late 20's, but balding men should just buzz or shave their heads, looks far better than all these "fixes". Again, not an option. For this exercise, you can be bald or you can have the surgery and walk around with what Dana Snyder called "animal balloons" inside your head.

Robtard
I'd choose baldness then.

Edit: What happens if one pops?

Darth Jello
I'd choose baldness then.

Edit: What happens if one pops? I think it all kinda slumps forward and you turn into what Conan O'Brien would look like if he didn't use Preparation H on his face. That or the top of your head would turn into a water bed. I'm not sure if the tissue expanders are filled with air or saline. I'm guessing air because i think you have the capability to gradually pump them up to continually expand your scalp, like an old basketball shoe.

Robtard
LoL aboutConan O'brian, I can picture it in my mind.

Darth Jello
LoL aboutConan O'brian, I can picture it in my mind.
Think a human/Shar-Pei/old Basset Hound mix.

Bicnarok
Being bald is in..smile

Robtard
Originally posted by Bicnarok
Being bald is in..smile

Biased opinion.

Symmetric Chaos
Biased opinion.

I don't know. It seems to be a requirement for being a Captain in Starfleet.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I don't know. It seems to be a requirement for being a Captain in Starfleet.

http://www.physics.unc.edu/~reichart/krksmll.jpg

http://buckingthewave.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/kathryn-janeway.jpg

http://www.startrek.com/imageuploads/200412/gal-ent-cast-02/240x320.jpg

jaden101
Well, I didn't mean other alternatives or personal advice (the chances of me going bald are slim to none). I'm just asking if given the choice, if you'd rather be bald or walk around with an inflated head for a couple of months and then have kind of weird looking hair that rides up towards the back like an ill-fitting toilet rug.

I'd rather be bald. I don't think there's any social stigma in it anymore because most people who are going bald at a relatively young age just shave their heads anyway.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Bardock42
http://www.physics.unc.edu/~reichart/krksmll.jpg

http://buckingthewave.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/kathryn-janeway.jpg

http://www.startrek.com/imageuploads/200412/gal-ent-cast-02/240x320.jpg

A good Captain. Also, Shatner wore a wig mad

Darth Jello
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
A good Captain. Also, Shatner wore a wig mad Actually, all indications are that Shatner had the flap surgery. That's why the front of his hair goes the opposite way of the rest of his hair.

WickedDynamite
Hell friggin NO!

I don't care if I have to shave my pubic hairs and put them on my head. I will never go bald.

Bald people are evil, and good examples are:

Lenin
Mao
Shakespeare
Lex Luthor
Dr. Evil
and of course...Bruce Willis.

Hell no! Give me shine curly goldilocks any time.

Darth Jello
I just realized I never provided a link to the podcast-
http://www.asitecalledfred.com/2009/09/04/snydecast-111-2/

Rogue Jedi
Baldness is like color blindness, it comes from your mom's side, dude. Correct. My grandpa on her side had a full head of hair when he died, and her prick brother has a full head of hair at 68. My hairline is the same as it was when I was 20.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
My hairline is the same as it was when I was 20.

Wow, even 40 years later? That's impressive.

Mindship
Given the OP choice: completely, totally, absolutely bald. I'd be one step closer to looking like my sig.

Naked. Bald. Now if only I could surf...

Darth Jello
If you were getting the surgery, do you think the surgeon would entertain you by making a little doggy with the balloon before the anesthetic kicked in?

Darth Jello
correction: Hair Club For Men is not Flap Surgery. Hair Club charges you $1500+ to take a $300 wig and stick it on your head with glue and double sided tape.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.