Great first lines by a character

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

roughrider
A topic that just came to me. Characters who make their first appearance in a film and have a great piece of dialogue to start.

Came to me while thinking of Oliver Reed's first scene in Gladiator, where the slave master drops by to offer him a deal.

Reed grabs & twists the guy's balls, and hisses: "Those giraffes you sold me - they won't mate. They just walk around eating, and not mating. You - sold - me - queer giraffes. I WANT MY MONEY BACK."

The audience laughed at how bad-ass he was, talking softly and drinking from a cup as he threatened the guy.

Any others?

jaden101
Most of the 1st lines from characters in Aliens are great when the marines are waking up from cryo sleep.

Some classic banter in that scene.

roughrider
The Coen Brothers movies are a good place to look.

Take 'The Big Lewbowski' - Jeff Bridges first words come when he's surprised by the thugs and getting his head repeatedly shoved in the toilet at home - "Where's the money, Lewbowski?!" is repeatedly yelled - and he just answers :"....Uh...it's down there somewhere, let me take another look." laughing out loud

Then John Goodman gets a marvelous first speech in his first scene, covering everything from Donnie's inattentiveness to the meanings of 'unchecked aggression', and then correcting the Dude on how it's not nice to say 'Chinaman' now. laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.