What would the Founding Fathers think of America today?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hewhoknowsall
If they could somehow travel forward in time, what would they think of America today? (this could vary between each of the Founders)

(please be serious in voting and not automatically say bad stuff just for the sake of doing so)

Robtard
Freed blacks! Jews! Women having equal rights! They would all die from a massive coronary.

dadudemon
They would shit themselves to see how bloated and completely the opposite of what they intended the government to be.

They had in mind an efficient, small, regulatory government. We have an overly bloated, inefficient, "meddling in all your business" government.

WickedDynamite
Benjamin Franklin:

"How can you men and women allied yourselves with the Tyrant King George?!"

George Washington:

"I'm not crossing the Delaware again..."

John Adams:

"What is this, someone build a baseball stadium in Boston?"

Thomas Jefferson:

"Goodness! These BangBros websites have lots of beautiful negro women!"

John Jay:

"YOU LET THE CATHOLICS DO WHAT?!"

James Madison:

"I don't care if you people love the British! I want them DEAD! ALL OF THEM!"

Alexander Hamilton:

"How did the French came to hate you guys?! They loved us for kickin the British and Germans in the ass!"

Symmetric Chaos
The shock of seeing our magic would kill them.

lord xyz
John Hancock might get pissed off everyone's making fun of his signature.

Robtard
Originally posted by lord xyz
John Hancock might get pissed off everyone's making fun of his signature.

Na, said he's cool with it, finds the attention flattering.

lord xyz
Originally posted by Robtard
Na, said he's cool with it, finds the attention flattering. I see you're good at talking to the dead.

Maybe get John Edward out of business.

Just an idea.

BruceSkywalker
they'd be happy to know hollywood hasn't made a movie yet about them

Rogue Jedi
Bill Clinton got a blowjob in the oval office? What's a blowjob?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Bill Clinton got a blowjob in the oval office? What's a blowjob?

Back then it was known as a "below job".

King Kandy
They banned hemp? What?

Mindset
The President is what?!

Quincy
Originally posted by Mindset
The President is what?!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Symmetric Chaos
I imagine they would be surprised that America is as big as it is.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I imagine they would be surprised that America is as big as it is.
I don't think so. I think plenty (esp Jefferson) envisioned it taking in the whole continent.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by King Kandy
I don't think so. I think plenty (esp Jefferson) envisioned it taking in the whole continent.

That's what they wanted, sure, but with so many established powers competing I sort of doubt they thought they would get the whole thing.

inimalist
the whole thing.

cough cough

wink

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by inimalist
cough cough

wink

embarrasment

Mindset
cough cough

wink Canada; the 51st state. smile

inimalist
Canada; the 51st state. smile

If by "State" you mean place with universal health coverage, multiculturalism, lax marijuana laws, a functional multi-party parlimentary democracy and a secure federal banking system, then sure.

Autokrat
If by "State" you mean place with universal health coverage, multiculturalism, lax marijuana laws, a functional multi-party parlimentary democracy and a secure federal banking system, then sure.

I want to move to Canada now.

I mean I just did my tax returns for 2009 and discovered that I owe the IRS $507.

Despite being a dirt poor college student with no job and a 20k loan for school. Oh my healthcare runs out in about a year... since college students don't matter.

inimalist
I suggest it, our West coast is beautiful

Autokrat
I suggest it, our West coast is beautiful

Does college cost less? Because I had to pay almost 20k.

inimalist
its variable, but mine has been about that, but in Canadian dollars, and I've spent 5 years there.

Our universities are known to be better, on average, just because our academic talent is generally more distributed than in America, with the most influential being at the top schools.

Autokrat
its variable, but mine has been about that, but in Canadian dollars, and I've spent 5 years there.

Our universities are known to be better, on average, just because our academic talent is generally more distributed than in America, with the most influential being at the top schools.

See, the 20k is for two quarters (five months or so), not even a full year and I'm not even at bigger school.

A full year at one of the better universities would cost about 50k all together, maybe more.

inimalist
Originally posted by Autokrat
See, the 20k is for two quarters (five months), not even a full year and I'm not even had a big school.

A full year at one of the better universities would cost about 50k all together.

oh wow...

thats rough man. The most it gets to here is maybe 15-20k a year with residence, and that would depend more on location, though I could see U of Toronro being expensive (not close to 50k expensive)

what can I say, Canada rocks

Autokrat
oh wow...

thats rough man. The most it gets to here is maybe 15-20k a year with residence, and that would depend more on location, though I could see U of Toronro being expensive (not close to 50k expensive)

what can I say, Canada rocks

I don't get financial aid either because my parents make too much money, even though they don't have the money to pay for school because my mom is a heart transplant patient/Type I diabetes and co-pays build up really fast when a single day at a hospital costs five grand.

Instead, I have to take out a student loan. Its got low interest rates, but one way or another, by the time I get my BA, I'll be thousands of dollars in debt.

King Kandy
It's nice, but if i'm looking for countries with better governments than the US, there are so many options it's staggering. Though I guess Canada does have the whole english-speaking part, that would help.

Darth Jello
I'm pretty sure Pierce Butler, Eldridge Gerry, and John Adams would think America was doing great apart from the fact that you couldn't punish people who criticize the government by exile or execution and Louisiana was no longer punishing escaped slaves by breaking them on the wheel.

Mindship
In some ways (eg, militarily, technologically) they'd be amazed.

In other ways (eg, our pop culture, the mass marketing of mediocrity) they'd be aghast (maybe not Ben Franklin: I could see him replacing Simon on American Idol).

Still in other ways (eg, half-black man as Prez) they'd need to discuss it over a beer.

dadudemon

**** you, man. weep

dadudemon
See, the 20k is for two quarters (five months or so), not even a full year and I'm not even at bigger school.

A full year at one of the better universities would cost about 50k all together, maybe more.

I recommend scholarships. Apply for as many of them as possible. They don't all have to be academic, either.

Sometimes, all it takes is writing a good essay. You obviously have good writing skills, so you should be able to beat out some people on some of those.

Another plus is if you help in the community A LOT. I'm dead serious.

You can get all of your college paid for if you are ultra-vigilante in applying for scholarships. it's really like $500 here, $1000 there, $250 here, etc. They add up.

Case in point: I haven't had to pay one drop of tuition for all of my college years.

Mairuzu
Show them our weapons

inimalist
It's nice, but if i'm looking for countries with better governments than the US, there are so many options it's staggering. Though I guess Canada does have the whole english-speaking part, that would help.

god, not to mention a G8 economy, vast untouched wilderness composed of nearly every geographical climate on the planet and tolorance of minorities

Scandanavia aint got shit

Symmetric Chaos
nearly every geographical climate on the planet

But none of the warm ones . . .

Darth Jello
But none of the warm ones . . . Don't be stupid. It's a good in to get chicks to cuddle.

The Dark Cloud
Hard to say. They did found our country based on a small government but the world is vastly different now. Corporations basically didn't exist in their time. I thing they would be disappointed in the subjugation of national autonomy to international corporate power.

Darth Jello
Originally posted by The Dark Cloud
Hard to say. They did found our country based on a small government but the world is vastly different now. Corporations basically didn't exist in their time. I thing they would be disappointed in the subjugation of national autonomy to international corporate power. I think the three founders I named would be happy about the way things were going. John Adams was more or less in favor of European style monarchies, social stratification, and oppression. Just as long as he was in charge of it.

WickedDynamite
Raise your hand if you think the founding fathers would despise the two-party system.

Mindset
If by "State" you mean place with universal health coverage, multiculturalism, lax marijuana laws, a functional multi-party parlimentary democracy and a secure federal banking system, then sure. No, by "state" I mean a place where the top half of people's heads disconnect from the bottom to speak.

Darth Jello
Originally posted by WickedDynamite
Raise your hand if you think the founding fathers would despise the two-party system. Read the Federalist and Anti-Federalist Papers, many of the founders were opposed to political parties period, including George Washington.

WickedDynamite
So you are raising your hand...

inimalist
But none of the warm ones . . .

Fact:

-Alberta has desert, BC has rainforest

-Our most southern points are further south than northern California

-In southern Ontario the temp gets to 35-38 in the hottest points of the summer. This isn't a dry Texas or Death Valley heat either, but a sticky, humid, face destroying heat that many from the souther states lament, even if it isn't as "hot".

inimalist
No, by "state" I mean a place where the top half of people's heads disconnect from the bottom to speak.

?

Canada isn't part of America in South Park... They went to war with eachother...

Mindset
?

Canada isn't part of America in South Park... They went to war with eachother... erm

inimalist
erm

Its not my fault the analogy didn't work

Darth Jello
Be fair inimalist, a temperate rainforest isn't the same as a jungle. I've been to Ketchikan.

Mindset
Its not my fault the analogy didn't work
I'm acting like South Park depicts Canadians how they literally are.

Physically. erm

inimalist
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Be fair inimalist, a temperate rainforest isn't the same as a jungle. I've been to Ketchikan.

no, it is not, however it does meet the requirements to be classified as a "rainforest".

much like the Desert regions in Alberta would be of a different nature than those found in Nevada.

lol, I was more making fun of Scandanavia for being small and geologically homogenous, even though I have no idea about their climate regions.

I'm acting like South Park depicts Canadians how they literally are.

Physically. erm

but we were talking about Canada being an American state.......

We do have flappy-mouths, to be sure

Mindset
Yes, the only American state where the people have "flappy-mouths".

Darth Jello
Well by those definitions, Antarctica is a desert.

inimalist
Yes, the only American state where the people have "flappy-mouths".

and:

http://www.macleans.ca/canada/national/article.jsp?content=20080625_50113_50113

inimalist
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Well by those definitions, Antarctica is a desert.

wouldn't it qualify as tundra?

EDIT: and if it does, so what? Canada has a more diverse climate than Scandanavia. Its probably among the most diverse places on the planet, not unrelated to the fact it is the second largest nation in the world. However you want to define these regions, Canada has them, with the exception of like Tropical stuff.

Darth Jello
wouldn't it qualify as tundra?

EDIT: and if it does, so what? Canada has a more diverse climate than Scandanavia. Its probably among the most diverse places on the planet, not unrelated to the fact it is the second largest nation in the world. However you want to define these regions, Canada has them, with the exception of like Tropical stuff. Scandanavia has better pastries, more redheads, and a more liberal attitude towards sex. Plus they're better off right now too.

Autokrat
You know, I live in a temperate rainforest. Welcome to the Olympic Peninsula, home to the gods of rain and ghey vampires that sparkle in the sunlight.

Its actually not a long drive to Canada from here, which is why Canada is the only foreign country that I've been to.

lil bitchiness
Canada; the 51st state. smile

The line has been crossed.

Hewhoknowsall
I wonder how they'd think about our alliance with Britain smile

One Free Man
grass is always greener. you'd find shit to ***** about in canada as well. as far as climate goes, i'm happy in california.

King Kandy
Originally posted by One Free Man
grass is always greener.
Cool, lets just toss out cliche phrases to avoid actual analysis on how the US compares to other countries.

WickedDynamite
i'm happy in california.

We are broke.

We might be liberal.

We have Earthquakes....

...but godamn this place friggin rulez! w00t

Up yours rest of the US!

Mindset
and:

http://www.macleans.ca/canada/national/article.jsp?content=20080625_50113_50113 Sounds nice.

The only downside is having to live in Canada.

One Free Man
Cool, lets just toss out cliche phrases to avoid actual analysis on how the US compares to other countries. nah let's just toss out cliche phrases to point out the pointlessness in bitching about moving to another country when you'd never seriously even consider it unless your scrotum-less crotch got drafted.

One Free Man
We are broke.

We might be liberal.

We have Earthquakes....

...but godamn this place friggin rulez! w00t

Up yours rest of the US! Exactly. We've got the ****in beach and shit. And we've got a desert and a mountain. Shit we're so ****in great.

Autokrat
Universal healthcare, more liberal environment, cheaper school, multi-party parliamentary system, larger middle class.

vs

Crap healthcare, annoying conservatives/religious fanatics, huge division of wealth/shrinking middle class, massive school costs, crappy partisan government with broken/bloated system and a retarded 44% of the population that believes that the Earth is 6000 years old.

Yea, I'm getting out of this place as soon as I get my Masters.

Mindset
Universal healthcare, more liberal environment, cheaper school, multi-party parliamentary system, larger middle class.

vs

Crap healthcare, annoying conservatives/religious fanatics, huge division of wealth/shrinking middle class, massive school costs, crappy partisan government with broken/bloated government and a retarded 44% of the population that believes that the Earth is 6000 years old.

Yea, I'm getting out of this place as soon as I get my Masters. Move to Australia.

Autokrat
Move to Australia.

Too hot and dry.

I like the cold and the wet.

Mairuzu

vs

Crap healthcare, annoying conservatives/religious fanatics, huge division of wealth/shrinking middle class, massive school costs, crappy partisan government with broken/bloated system and a retarded 44% of the population that believes that the Earth is 6000 years old.

Yea, I'm getting out of this place as soon as I get my Masters. Good riddance?

Where is safe? Where is familiar?

Where can i smoke?

Ms.Marvel

vs

but... LA is such a nice place to live. sad

at least as long as you stay away from the black neighborhoods sad

Autokrat
Originally posted by Mairuzu
Good riddance?

If you say so. My parents would be devastated. Despite my dislike for religion I was raised in a "Born Again" conservative Christian household. I even did the whole accepting Jesus into your heart stuff.

Then I went to college and became an atheist and discovered that America wasn't the greatest place on Earth.

Mairuzu
LA is wonderful. I enjoy the blacks, depsite the fact that they robbed me at gun point before.

Mairuzu
If you say so. My parents would be devastated. Despite my dislike for religion I was raised in a "Born Again" conservative Christian household. I even did the whole accepting Jesus into your heart stuff.

Then I went to college and became an atheist and discovered that America wasn't the greatest place on Earth.

It definitely isn't. But canada? CANADA????

That's like saying you're not gonna date strippers anymore, you're gonna stick to black chicks.

One Free Man
there's no vice in canada. Your escaping to a bunch of white-ass snobs.

One Free Man
There's no New york, no fresno, and no reno.

RLMkV7VyPns move to alberta if you go.

Mairuzu
no homo

Robtard
LA is wonderful. I enjoy the blacks, depsite the fact that they robbed me at gun point before.

LA sucks ass.

lil bitchiness

vs

You could study in Canada, no? I suspect tuition fees would be very high...

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Robtard
LA sucks ass. Someone didn't fit in.

Robtard
Someone didn't fit in.

Na, wasn't that. Weather sucks, air sucks, traffic sucks, people's attitude sucks etc x infinity.

WickedDynamite

Same...except they were Mexican thugs and had a knife with them.

FE Expert

vs

Quebec (and Ontario to some extent) could more or less fit the above definition...

Really, there is just one place in Canada you would most definitely NOT move to: Alberta. Not that healthcare is crap or the school to be too expensive in this province, just that Albertan conservatives/religious fanatics are just as annoying as they are in, say, Texas.

lil bitchiness
Or if you don't like people, and want a place where you can watch your dog run away from home for two hours without him getting out of your line of sight, you can always move to Saskatchewan.

Mindset
Too hot and dry.

I like the cold and the wet. Move to Melbourne.

It gets around 70 and rains.

Mairuzu
Same...except they were Mexican thugs and had a knife with them. Even mexican's are more civil

Nemesis X
Personally I think the founders would slap Bush and Obama with a white glove for being liars, idiots, and attempting to ruin this great country. Given time to learn the ways of the new era, Washington would be President again in no time.

inimalist
there's no vice in canada.

http://www.cbc.ca/health/story/2009/06/24/f-unitednations-drug-report-canada-ecstasy.html

you get your vice from us FFS!!!

and:

http://www.macleans.ca/culture/lifestyle/article.jsp?content=20080625_78542_78542

ATX/UT ND Money
They would move to canada

Ms.Marvel
cananda is a great place to live in as long as you dont remind yourself that you live in canada.

Symmetric Chaos
http://www.macleans.ca/culture/lifestyle/article.jsp?content=20080625_78542_78542

They put not wanting romance as a good thing? Clearly you people are nothing but sex freaks, devoid of real human feeling.

King Kandy
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
You could study in Canada, no? I suspect tuition fees would be very high...
Actually I know people considering studying in Canada because of it being cheaper in terms of private colleges.

inimalist
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
cananda is a great place to live in as long as you dont remind yourself that you live in canada.

defensive much wink

They put not wanting romance as a good thing? Clearly you people are nothing but sex freaks, devoid of real human feeling.

Yes

Actually I know people considering studying in Canada because of it being cheaper in terms of private colleges.

indeed, post secondary is highly subsidized here

lil bitchiness
indeed, post secondary is highly subsidized here

Yes, for Canadian citizens or residents. Not for internationals.

Although schooling is still cheaper than USA...I'm guessing. MAs or MSs in Canada vary from 5,650 - $26,764 per year. Depends on what you're doing.

I had a scholarship when I studied in USA. I don't even want to know how much it would have cost had I had to pay it myself.

Ms.Marvel
defensive much wink

stick out tongue

inimalist
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Yes, for Canadian citizens or residents. Not for internationals.

Although schooling is still cheaper than USA...I'm guessing. MAs or MSs in Canada vary from 5,650 - $26,764 per year. Depends on what you're doing.

I had a scholarship when I studied in USA. I don't even want to know how much it would have cost had I had to pay it myself.

no, you are totally right. I still can't imagine it being more as Autokrat was saying he is paying more than that per year for a Bachelors.

I just put out my applications for grad school, and ya, its steep, but pay is good to. Once you are at a masters level, money is way easier to come by than prior to having a bachelors.

stick out tongue

inimalist - 1
Ms. Marvel - 0

Bardock42
defensive much wink
stick out tongue Originally posted by inimalist

inimalist - 1
Ms. Marvel - 0

Awww, you two are such a cute couple.

Ms.Marvel
pfffffft. he cant afford me!

Bardock42

Did you just call yourself a hooker?

Ms.Marvel
er...

-hey look over there, jews! -runs-

hee hee.... a jew joke... because youre german. get it? its funny! big grin

Bardock42
er...

The violent, cruel death of 6 million people amuses you then?

Ms.Marvel
depends on the time of the month

firefox keeps redirecting away from here to some toshiba site o.0

Bardock42
depends on the time of the month big grin

firefox keeps redirecting away from here to some toshiba site o.0

Get Google Chrome, Firefox is so Internet Explorer 5 years ago.

Though, ****ing google won't let me verify my damn account, maybe I should use Firefox just to spite them. Then they'll have to listen to me.

inimalist
Originally posted by Bardock42
Did you just call yourself a hooker?
er...

The violent, cruel death of 6 million people amuses you then?
depends on the time of the month

Bardock42

A threesome? Hmm, I'll consider it.

inimalist
this party just got kicking!

dadudemon
A threesome? Hmm, I'll consider it.

this party just got kicking!

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall
If they could somehow travel forward in time, what would they think of America today? (this could vary between each of the Founders)

(please be serious in voting and not automatically say bad stuff just for the sake of doing so)

They'd roll over in their graves, then get up and start plans for a second revolutionary war with the goal of creating a smaller government.

jaden101
They'd say "WHAT THE ****?...YOU'VE FREED THE SLAVES?...YOU'VE GIVEN BLACK PEOPLE THE VOTE??...YOU'VE ****ING ELECTED ONE AS PRESIDENT?"

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by jaden101
They'd say "WHAT THE ****?...YOU'VE FREED THE SLAVES?...YOU'VE GIVEN BLACK PEOPLE THE VOTE??...YOU'VE ****ING ELECTED ONE AS PRESIDENT?"

Yeah, they'd probably also be pissed off that men stopped wearing wigs and knickerbockers. Old people are fukin weird. I don't know how this cuntry ever gots made. I think black magick was involved. HEY!!! Maybe thats how dem slaves got freed...,it all makes sense now. Goddamn voodoo magick.

Ms.Marvel
all you guys think about is butseks food and voodoo magic >_>;

Blinky
Originally posted by jaden101

Don't forget about what they'd say about the dirty Mexicans and savage Indians.

King Kandy
Originally posted by dadudemon
You say that like it's a bad thing.

dadudemon
You say that like it's a bad thing.

I...didn't say anything.

And, it was a parody for a specific person's lulz.

Hewhoknowsall

Um, this wasn't supposed to be a joke thread.

inimalist
Originally posted by Hewhoknowsall

Um, this wasn't supposed to be a joke thread.

they would clearly be surprised by the change and would take much time for some things to sink in. These are likely to be more social, with the predominance of sexual imagry, human equality, and women involved in all aspects of daily life being more unsetteling than technological or political changes. They would likely have many poor things to say of the state of american politics, but so do many observers today, and their lack of context in the modern geo-political arena would make their contribution a triviality at best.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.