Gaea Vs. Zeus and Odin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

galactusischere
Gaea(marvel) vs. Zeus(marvel) and Odin(marvel).

CIS, PIS and jobbing are all off.

Fight to the death.

Colossus-Big C
Gaea=zeus grandmother
Gaea=Odins great grand mother
also gaea has been shown to be the thing that powers storm.
gaea beat down dormammu on panel.
gaea beat down the defenders.
idk how powerful she really is

galactusischere
Odin has done it with his great grandmother....?

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by galactusischere
Odin has done it with his great grandmother....? gods interbreed very much.......

Blanket
OMG, yucky! ick

WhiteWitchKing
Odin wins.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Dormammu and Umar have beaten Gaea far more often than she has beaten them.

Colossus-Big C
Gaea gives chaos war hercules (who already is above skyfather level) a massive amp in power that even gives mikaboshi pause
(Chaos war 4)
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1571016-g_2_super.png
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1571014-g_1_super.png
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1571015-g_3_super.png

Sin I AM
hmmmmmmmmmm interesting

Stoic
Originally posted by Sin I AM
hmmmmmmmmmm interesting

My sig wants to do naughty things with your sig. Oh and Odin wins.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Odin wins.

Gaea=zeus grandmother
Gaea=Odins great grand mother
also gaea has been shown to be the thing that powers storm.
gaea beat down the defenders.
idk how powerful she really is

Why would Gaea be Odin's great grandmother?

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Odin wins.

Why would Gaea be Odin's great grandmother? she established that all the gods come from her (all of the pantheons decend from her), and its also in the ohotmu that buri descended from her the cow that licked the ice was one of gaeas manifestations.

how does odin win? did you see the scans? amping someone who is above odin in power to whole new levels, she also stated in the comic she is reponsible for all the power the gods have.
she is the font of creation and power for the gods

Rage.Of.Olympus
she established that all the gods come from her, and its also in the ohotmu that buri descended from her.

how does odin win? did you see the scans, she also stated in the comic she is reponsible for all the power the gods have

Chaos War #4? Even if that is true, how what that make her Odin's grandmother? I don't care what it says in the OHOTMU about Buri.

By being more powerful. At least pre Chaos War #4 revelation where she's the surrogate Eternity.

Colossus-Big C
Chaos War #4? Even if that is true, how what that make her Odin's grandmother? I don't care what it says in the OHOTMU about Buri.

By being more powerful. At least pre Chaos War #4 revelation where she's the surrogate Eternity. why dont you care about whats in the ohotmu?
1. she stated all the gods came from her
2. the ohotmu goes in detail on her manifestations which was the cow that licked buri from the ice

Rage.Of.Olympus
why dont you care about whats in the ohotmu?
1. she stated all the gods came from her
2. the ohotmu goes in detail on her manifestations which was the cow that licked buri from the ice

Because it's a handbook. They pull shit out of their asses half the time.

How does that make her Odin's grand mother?

Chaos War #4 really pissed not only on the original Asgardian continuity, but on the Elder God side of the story as well. Shit's a mess.

DarkOdin
Odin and Zeus for the win Gaea has no combat feats. So far Hercules upgraded only seemed do give him true omniscience opposed of before when he was all knowing and still acting like head strong Herculles

FanBoy101
Originally posted by DarkOdin
Odin and Zeus for the win Gaea has no combat feats. So? She summons Atum for the quick lunch win... laughing

she is the mother of Atum which is>>RKT>>chaos war hercules>>>Odin>Zeus

does the ABC makes any sense... confused

lional
Odin.

zopzop
Based on feats, Odin takes this thing solo and with ease.

Common sense-wise, Gaea slaughters them. She's the mother to ALL the pantheons on Earth. It's been mentioned repeatedly, not just the handbooks, there's on panel confirmation but I don't care enough now to look for it.

She's an Elder Goddess with BILLIONS of years of experience honing her powers. She created her own pocket dimension/universe called Avalon. She's the creator of one of the Cornerstones of Creation (a mystic artifact of universal importance). She along with Oshtur, Set and Chthon created the Crossroads (mystic roadway that allows travel between the inner and outer planes and Earth).

zopzop
Originally posted by FanBoy101
So? She summons Atum for the quick lunch win... laughing

does the ABC makes any sense... confused

Atum is deadski sad

zopzop

Chaos War #4 really pissed not only on the original Asgardian continuity, but on the Elder God side of the story as well. Shit's a mess.

I smell retcon as soon as this debacle is over.

FanBoy101
Originally posted by zopzop
Atum is deadski sad he aint Uncle ben...he aint staying dead for long... stick out tongue

DarkOdin
Based on feats, Odin takes this thing solo and with ease.

Common sense-wise, Gaea slaughters them. She's the mother to ALL the pantheons on Earth. It's been mentioned repeatedly, not just the handbooks, there's on panel confirmation but I don't care enough now to look for it.

She's an Elder Goddess with BILLIONS of years of experience honing her powers. She created her own pocket dimension/universe called Avalon. She's the creator of one of the Cornerstones of Creation (a mystic artifact of universal importance). She along with Oshtur, Set and Chthon created the Crossroads (mystic roadway that allows travel between the inner and outer planes and Earth). True but know twice w ehave here being useless in combat

1 st when the celestrials "ok like she would even stand a chance but still she did nothing.

2nd Chaos as powerful as she is supposed to be she had to amp Hercules instead of fighting herself or at the least protecting herself

DarkOdin
Originally posted by FanBoy101
So? She summons Atum for the quick lunch win... laughing

does the ABC makes any sense... confused Eh by that logic Zeus and Odin can summon eternity and other abstract. I mean on paper she should be stronger then a skyfather so she SHOULD be able to take Odin or Zeus but hell 2 skyfathers against 1 elder god she be pretty even

Utrigita
2nd Chaos as powerful as she is supposed to be she had to amp Hercules instead of fighting herself or at the least protecting herself

Obvious plot device imo. It's all about the Mighty Hercules!!! after all. The others are just there, why Galactus, Silver Surfer and the eternal girl (forgot her name) (and you can throw Thor in to imo) is involved seems absolute pointless from a story viewpoint, but ofcause it makes Herc looks good...

Anyways based on the marvelous Chaos War 4# Gaea most likely win.

guy222
thumb up

bbrem123
Originally posted by Utrigita
Obvious plot device imo. It's all about the Mighty Hercules!!! after all. The others are just there, why Galactus, Silver Surfer and the eternal girl (forgot her name) (and you can throw Thor in to imo) is involved seems absolute pointless from a story viewpoint, but ofcause it makes Herc looks good...

Anyways based on the marvelous Chaos War 4# Gaea most likely win.

yea is this herc beyond galactus...?

DarkOdin

Anyways based on the marvelous Chaos War 4# Gaea most likely win. Being that fact that this new hercules version 3.0 has yet to do anything beyond a reg. skyfather imo Hercules upgrade only helped his omniscience as it was hinted he already had the power needed he however hasn't used it SO Odin and Zeus still take this one.

DarkOdin
Originally posted by bbrem123
yea is this herc beyond galactus...? The way pac is goin it looks like it Big G jobbers yet again sick

Utrigita
Being that fact that this new hercules version 3.0 has yet to do anything beyond a reg. skyfather imo Hercules upgrade only helped his omniscience as it was hinted he already had the power needed he however hasn't used it SO Odin and Zeus still take this one.

I disagree, from my point of view it's obvious that Hercules in his previous state couldn't defeat the Chaos King (else all those calculations the kid ran wouldn't have been there and he wouldn't have tried to relocate them to a separate pocket dimension) because he didn't have access to the same powers as he do now as a result of him being reborn by Gaea (her being the creation blah blah), now with that said, I also think it's fairly obvious that Hercules moment of glory is coming in number 5 where he most likely singlehanded will defeat a being that have already destroyed 97% of the multiverse. Doing that will skyrocket Hercules into the most powerful Skyfather to have existed. In short Gaea's power boost to Hercules will in the 5th Chaos War place Hercules a significant leap above both Odin and Zeus and basically all the other abstracts that just looked on the Chaos King wreacked everything.

DarkOdin
I disagree, from my point of view it's obvious that Hercules in his previous state couldn't defeat the Chaos King (else all those calculations the kid ran wouldn't have been there and he wouldn't have tried to relocate them to a separate pocket dimension) because he didn't have access to the same powers as he do now as a result of him being reborn by Gaea (her being the creation blah blah), now with that said, I also think it's fairly obvious that Hercules moment of glory is coming in number 5 where he most likely singlehanded will defeat a being that have already destroyed 97% of the multiverse. Doing that will skyrocket Hercules into the most powerful Skyfather to have existed. In short Gaea's power boost to Hercules will in the 5th Chaos War place Hercules a significant leap above both Odin and Zeus and basically all the other abstracts that just looked on the Chaos King wreacked everything. SPOILER !!!!!!!!!!!!!

At the End chaos king says that the supergod is finally awaken hinting that he didn't realize or able to tap into his powers. Either Gaea boosting his powers or knowledge to that level doesn't mean she has the same powers as hercules. We are comparing Gaea power to ODin and Zeus Heck we seen odin give the odinpower to Thor and king Thor was a beast. Know if odin gave his powers to Zeus you would also have a super god.

My point is gaea upgrading Hercules doesn't mean she was more pwoerful then 2 skyfather s to begin with

Uriel005
she established that all the gods come from her (all of the pantheons decend from her), and its also in the ohotmu that buri descended from her the cow that licked the ice was one of gaeas manifestations.

how does odin win? did you see the scans? amping someone who is above odin in power to whole new levels, she also stated in the comic she is reponsible for all the power the gods have.
she is the font of creation and power for the gods

Just wanted to say just because you can amp someone doesn't mean you take a fight. That said. I say CIS PIS off Gaea wins just on raw power she can throw around if not concerned for the wellfare of other beings and civilizations.

Gaea.

DarkOdin
Originally posted by Uriel005
Just wanted to say just because you can amp someone doesn't mean you take a fight. That said. I say CIS PIS off Gaea wins just on raw power she can throw around if not concerned for the wellfare of other beings and civilizations. BUt if i am not mistaken she has no battle feats at all or does she???

Uriel005
BUt if i am not mistaken she has no battle feats at all or does she???
This is a case of raw power overcoming skill. also worst comes to worst she spontaneously births several skyfathers and has them deal with them big grin btw that last part is a joke...

Utrigita
SPOILER !!!!!!!!!!!!!

At the End chaos king says that the supergod is finally awaken hinting that he didn't realize or able to tap into his powers. Either Gaea boosting his powers or knowledge to that level doesn't mean she has the same powers as hercules. We are comparing Gaea power to ODin and Zeus Heck we seen odin give the odinpower to Thor and king Thor was a beast. Know if odin gave his powers to Zeus you would also have a super god.

My point is gaea upgrading Hercules doesn't mean she was more pwoerful then 2 skyfather s to begin with

Nah not in here.

Or the Chaos King was, given his previous comment about Gaea, aware of Gaea now having used her power to fuse with Hercules, making Hercules much stronger then previous. No it doesn't mean that she has the same power as Hercules but, again as I see it, the massive powerboost that Hercules experience is Gaea's power doing that, all will probably be better explained in a tie in, but so far I think that the creation of that powerup and making a Pocket Universe that is disconnected from the rest of the multiverse speaks for Gaea operating atleast on the same level as Odin and Zeus. King Thor however was not remotely near being the same beast that Hercules have turned into now.

My point is the opposite, that if she can empower Hercules from going to not have a chance, to basically make the Chaos King aware of Hercules, especially given the circumstances evolving the Chaos King inability to locate foes, then Gaea's power is greater then what have been previously assumed.

Gaea lacks battle feats, but she doesn't really need them. Her status, other feats and recognized power level are enough here. I doubt we'd be having this discussion if it was Father Set or Cthon vs these 2.

DarkOdin
Originally posted by 753
Gaea lacks battle feats, but she doesn't really need them. Her status, other feats and recognized power level are enough here. I doubt we'd be having this discussion if it was Father Set or Cthon vs these 2. Still need something to gauge Her all here feats are nothing Odin couldn't do on top he has greater feat but the same token if we assume Gaea is more powerful then 2 skyfathers RKT whould shitsttomp all over chaos king since he beat 5 of them sometimes abc logic can't be used this is one of them heck as someone else said she gave birth to skyfathers but then again odin and gaea only gave birth to a high herald Until we has some greta feat from hercules powerwise gaea IMO doesn't have anytyhing to back power feats wise not the same as SET and Cthon they have some feats of raw power and battle even if soem are of panels gaea still has none

Sr J-Bieb
The Skyfathers easily win pre Chaos War. After it...

BUt if i am not mistaken she has no battle feats at all or does she??? She swatted around the regular Defenders like nothing.

But that's all she's done iirc.

Konton
Originally posted by 753
I doubt we'd be having this discussion if it was Father Set or Cthon vs these 2.

Truth! I've found truth!

I'm all for real life misogyny, but you leave my comic womenz alone.
crazy

Originally posted by Konton
Truth! I've found truth!

I'm all for real life misogyny, but you leave my comic womenz alone.
crazy Not quite what I was getting at. They get respect because they are cosmic menaces who weild their powers in overtly destructive ways, while she doesn't, because she is benevolent and protective, so people don't give her her due. Her power is still comparable to theirs.

As for how much you like real life misoginy, well, whatever floats your boat, champ.

zopzop
Originally posted by 753
Gaea lacks battle feats, but she doesn't really need them. Her status, other feats and recognized power level are enough here.

True but feats go a long way to help us gauge power levels (especially if the combatants never directly fought before).

The difference is Set and Chthon have some feats to their name. In Set's case : causing Gaea to flee and summon Demogorge, the million year battle with Demogorge, imprisoning Gaea and holding her captive with no way to reach out for help (something that amazed Thor), etc...

Yet I still don't see Set (or Chthon or Gaea) taking Odin or Zeus. For all Set's (or Gaea or Chthon) feats, Odin's are still vastly superior. Set, Gaea, or Chthon have never been shown busting galaxies, shaking the multiverse or threatening the destruction of all creation as a side effect of any of their fights.

Set/Gaea/Chthon don't have objects of power that they created that can rival the Asgardian Destroyer.

So........

Elder Gods lack feats because they are supposed to be vague and larger than life. Their accepted power level is above skyfathers.

DarkOdin
Originally posted by 753
Elder Gods lack feats because they are supposed to be vague and larger than life. Their accepted power level is above skyfathers. True however Odin is pretty much top teir in terms of skyfathers and Zeus is more or less his equal. In comics and using ABC logic two guys one teir below another can take someone of a higher tier down.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Why are Elder Gods considered to be above Skyfathers exactly? Ignoring the fact that like 90% of the Elder Gods are just random demonic entities, was it pointed out somewhere that Elder Gods are above Skyfathers, or is just something people assume because the word "Elder" is in their name?

I'd give Odin odds over either Set or Chthon. At least a higher end Odin. Unless I'm forgetting something that Set or Chthon accomplished.

Colossus-Big C
Why are Elder Gods considered to be above Skyfathers exactly? Ignoring the fact that like 90% of the Elder Gods are just random demonic entities, was it pointed out somewhere that Elder Gods are above Skyfathers, or is just something people assume because the word "Elder" is in their name? not all of them but the remaining 4, and its in a comic when they compared the current earth gods and the elder gods they called the current "lesser gods" iirc it was the watcher narrating the story or something
not to mention elder gods are very different from skyfathers the dont really have physical forms unless they manifest in one

Rage.Of.Olympus
Gaea, Set, Chthon and Oshtur?

quanchi112
not all of them but the remaining 4 He's asking why anyone believes so. Your response didn't answer that you just made another unsupported statement like it's a fact.

Colossus-Big C
True but feats go a long way to help us gauge power levels (especially if the combatants never directly fought before).

The difference is Set and Chthon have some feats to their name. In Set's case : causing Gaea to flee and summon Demogorge, the million year battle with Demogorge, imprisoning Gaea and holding her captive with no way to reach out for help (something that amazed Thor), etc...

Yet I still don't see Set (or Chthon or Gaea) taking Odin or Zeus. For all Set's (or Gaea or Chthon) feats, Odin's are still vastly superior. Set, Gaea, or Chthon have never been shown busting galaxies, shaking the multiverse or threatening the destruction of all creation as a side effect of any of their fights.

Set/Gaea/Chthon don't have objects of power that they created that can rival the Asgardian Destroyer.

So........ merlyn not being able to affect chthon puts him much above skyfather, merlyn is one of the guys who went up against mad jim jaspers and is known as the omniversal guardian

Colossus-Big C
Gaea, Set, Chthon and Oshtur? yea

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by quanchi112
He's asking why anyone believes so. Your response didn't answer that you just made another unsupported statement like it's a fact. the remaning 4 all have creating an artifact which is part of the courner stones of creation, the courner stones were destroyed once and it caused no one in the universe to have magic

not to mention they all created Pocket Universes of there own (father set created 6 of them)

shuma gorath recently used sets serpan crown to summon himself to earth

quanchi112
the remaning 4 all have creating an artifact which is part of the courner stones of creation, the courner stones were destroyed once and it caused no one in the universe to have magic

not to mention they all created pocket universe of there own (father set created 6 of them) Post an actual scan.

Colossus-Big C
Post an actual scan. which one? the one where the courner stones disrupted all magic in the universe or the one of each elder god created a pocket universe? either way i willl take some time to dig up these old comicbooks

Colossus-Big C
also oshtur created the astral plane, which ALL telepaths use

Rage.Of.Olympus
A portion of Odin's power has created a separate dimension.

I'm not sure how powerful the four cornerstones are, or how they were created.

zopzop
Post an actual scan.

I can do it when I get home. Gaea/Set/Oshtur/Chthon each created a Cornerstone of Creation :

Set - Serpent Crown
Chthon - Dark Mirror
Gaea - Ebon Rose
Oshtur - Sword of Bone

If anything happens to even one of these objects all magic in the universe is going down or being affected severely.

Rage.Of.Olympus
From what I remember of the Serpent Crown, it wasn't impressive. Not when dealing with these type of forces.

Are all those items equivalent to each other in power? Maybe this is more of a symbolic thing than a statement of power.

Unfortunately, this isn't a topic I'm familiar with.

quanchi112
which one? the one where the courner stones disrupted all magic in the universe or the one of each elder god created a pocket universe? either way i willl take some time to dig up these old comicbooks either or.Originally posted by zopzop
I can do it when I get home. Gaea/Set/Oshtur/Chthon each created a Cornerstone of Creation :

Set - Serpent Crown
Chthon - Dark Mirror
Gaea - Ebon Rose
Oshtur - Sword of Bone

If anything happens to even one of these objects all magic in the universe is going down or being affected severely. Good I will be awaiting these scans.

zopzop
A portion of Odin's power has created a separate dimension.

Each of the Elders have their own pocket dimesion aka pocket universe that's actually inhabited by worshipers/creations :

Gaea - Avalon
Oshtur - Astral Plan
Chthon - Flickering Realm
Set - Serpent's Sea

Plus the four of them created the "Crossroads" which makes travel between the inner (their 4 created realms) and the outer planes (the crimson cosmos of cytorrak, dream dimension, etc...) possible.

All magic in the universe is affected by them. If even one goes down, major problems occur.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Each of the Elders have their own pocket dimesion aka pocket universe that's actually inhabited by worshipers/creations :

Gaea - Avalon
Oshtur - Astral Plan
Chthon - Flickering Realm
Set - Serpent's Sea

Plus the four of them created the "Crossroads" which makes travel between the inner (their 4 created realms) and the outer planes (the crimson cosmos of cytorrak, dream dimension, etc...) possible.

Okay? The residual energy of an Odin enchanted sword created a dimension complete with it's own Asgardian counterparts, and races.

Okay? Is there a reason why that's more impressive than the rainbow bridge?

All magic in the universe is affected by them. If even one goes down, major problems occur.

Unless the items (At least the Serpent Crown) have more to them than meets the eye, I'm not impressed.

psycho gundam
yea you forgot y'garon and belathauzar

wait...are they dead?

zopzop
Okay? The residual energy of an Odin enchanted sword created a dimension complete with it's own Asgardian counterparts, and races.

As I said, feat wise Odin trumps all. But the Mystic Arcana and Marvel Tarot when cataloging the who's who of magic made no mention of anything below Elder God level. Odin and Zeus didn't even rank.

Rainbow bridge is only Asgard/Earth no? This connects ALL inner and outer planes and makes travel between them and Earth possible. Huge difference.

Join the club, I thought it was pretty scrubby. But apparently it's not, well according to Marvel Tarot/Mystic Arcana.

Colossus-Big C
From what I remember of the Serpent Crown, it wasn't impressive. Not when dealing with these type of forces.

Are all those items equivalent to each other in power? Maybe this is more of a symbolic thing than a statement of power.

Unfortunately, this isn't a topic I'm familiar with. i dont know if there all equal in power. but i know it took a cosmic cube to destroy Sets serpent crown

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by psycho gundam
you forgot y'garon and belathauzar

wait...are they dead? no there alive i forgot about them. Crom from conan ( the one who banished shuma) is also an elder god . i dont know were these guys rank in power though

Rage.Of.Olympus
As I said, feat wise Odin trumps all. But the Mystic Arcana and Marvel Tarot when cataloging the who's who of magic made no mention of anything below Elder God level. Odin and Zeus didn't even rank.

Well, that doesn't prove like....anything. I didn't read the miniseries, but wasn't it co-written by Thomas? It's no surprise that the Elder Gods were played up while Skyfathers were ignored.

Rainbow bridge is only Asgard/Earth no? This connects ALL inner and outer planes and makes travel between them and Earth possible. Huge difference.

Nah, the Rainbow Bridge allows Asgardians to travel to not only Midgard, and the other worlds in the World Tree, but to other dimensions. I know that's been mentioned at least once. Also, IIRC, the Asgardians used it to travel to the Negative Zone or back once.

Besides, Odin is the one who gave Mjolnir it's space warping enchantment, and we all know how impressive that is.

Join the club, I thought it was pretty scrubby. But apparently it's not, well according to .

What did the series say regarding the Crown?

Colossus-Big C
Set resist being destroyed by a cosmic cube, even with the combined will of 4 people the most they could do is banish him.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1466340-marvel_team_up_annual_1982_39.jpg

that didnt work though. set has since returned twice

Rage.Of.Olympus
What you described and what's happening in the scan, are two different things.

Colossus-Big C
i made one mistake , it was 3 people not 4

zopzop
Well, that doesn't prove like....anything. I didn't read the miniseries, but wasn't it co-written by Thomas? It's no surprise that the Elder Gods were played up while Skyfathers were ignored.

Well they are ELDER gods big grin Each of them is Billions of years old. They've had epochs to hone their abilities. They've had epochs to gather worshipers and build their power base. They've had epochs to spread their influence across the planes. Set, especially, has been shown coiled around every Earth in the multiverse.

The current crop of gods exist only because Demogorge seeded the biosphere with the energies of the dead Elders and MUCH later these energies + human worshipers molded the new set of gods to what they are now. Unless this has been retconned.

The Crossroads connects everything to Earth and each other. I'll post the scan. It's a lot more than the Rainbow bridge. Plus I think the creator of the Rainbow Bridge was retconned.

It's a Cornerstone of Creation. One of four and they govern ALL magic in the universe.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Well they are ELDER gods big grin Each of them is Billions of years old. They've had epochs to hone their abilities. They've had epochs to gather worshipers and build their power base. They've had epochs to spread their influence across the planes. Set, especially, has been shown coiled around every Earth in the multiverse.

You seem to really be focused on age. It doesn't matter nearly as much as you think. Besides, depending on what interpretation you take, Odin's billions of years old too.

Pretty sure that isn't cannon. And if it is, wasn't it more symbolic than anything? It's been a while.

The current crop of gods exist only because Demogorge seeded the biosphere with the energies of the dead Elders and MUCH later these energies + human worshipers molded the new set of gods to what they are now. Unless this has been retconned.

Sure, if you go by the origin introduced in the Thomas era. Shit's been ignored for a while. Asgardian's aren't two thousand year old beings created by the minds of man.

We have the origins of Asgardians ranging from Odin creating Earth and/or man, to Thor creating man and modern day Earth. It's come long before the Elder God origin (Kirby days), and has even been mentioned as recently as JMS' run.

The Crossroads connects everything to Earth and each other. I'll post the scan. It's a lot more than the Rainbow bridge. Plus I think the creator of the Rainbow Bridge was retconned.

The rainbow bridge connects Asgard to everything else.

When?

It's a Cornerstone of Creation. One of four and they govern ALL magic in the universe.

In what way?

psycho gundam
odin's 3 sky-father beings in one, and gaea's not much of a fighter to even make this a thread

there really isn't anything to grant her a win with cis off, but there definitely is for odin

zopzop
You seem to really be focused on age. It doesn't matter nearly as much as you think. Besides, depending on what interpretation you take, Odin's billions of years old too.

Pretty sure that isn't cannon. And if it is, wasn't it more symbolic than anything? It's been a while.

Sure, if you go by the origin introduced in the Thomas era. Shit's been ignored for a while. Asgardian's aren't two thousand year old beings created by the minds of man.

We have the origins of Asgardians ranging from Odin creating Earth and/or man, to Thor creating man and modern day Earth. It's come long before the Elder God origin (Kirby days), and has even been mentioned as recently as JMS' run.

I don't know how recent that is, but if you say so I have no reason to doubt it.

Marvel's own Encyclopedia Mythica, or whatever its' called, that categorizes and explains the history behind all Earth's Pantheons doesn't have Odin creating Earth or humanity. It also lists the Norse Pantheon as 4000 or so years old at the latest. This is official Marvel info.

Not for anything when was it mentioned that Odin is "billions" of years old or he created the Earth or humanity?

No I meant the Crossroads does. I was saying as of the Marvel Tarot, I think they retconned who created the Rainbow Bridge (it wasn't Odin).

It's been 3 or so years but I'll check and post tonight. Quan wanted the scans too.

Colossus-Big C
crom overpowered odins enchantments on mljonir and then took and hid it from thor

zopzop
I think that was a What If Colossus big grin

Rage.Of.Olympus
It was.

I don't know how recent that is, but if you say so I have no reason to doubt it.

Marvel's own Encyclopedia Mythica, or whatever its' called, that categorizes and explains the history behind all Earth's Pantheons doesn't have Odin creating Earth or humanity. It also lists the Norse Pantheon as 4000 or so years old at the latest. This is official Marvel info.

It's official handbook information. Which means it amounts to shit.

They picked 4000 years out of a hat. I'm pretty sure Enchantress was stated to be older than that like in the 90's.

Not for anything when was it mentioned that Odin is "billions" of years old or he created the Earth or humanity?

Most recently? In JMS' run -around a year ago- it showed that Odin created humanity a long time ago.

Besides that, there's Oeming's run around 2004 where it showed Odin and his brothers creating Earth and humanity but that was more mythic.

No I meant the Crossroads does. I was saying as of the Marvel Tarot, I think they retconned who created the Rainbow Bridge (it wasn't Odin).

Like I said, the Rainbow bridge connects Asgard to everything else.

What? If Odin didn't create the Rainbow bridge, who did? Thomas himself had Thor create a parallel rainbow bridge with a throw of his hammer in a flashback.

It's been 3 or so years but I'll check and post tonight. Quan wanted the scans too.

It'd be appreciated.

zopzop
It's official handbook information. Which means it amounts to shit.

They picked 4000 years out of a hat. I'm pretty sure Enchantress was stated to be older than that like in the 90's.

I think they were trying to tie it into real world traditions. Did you see the encyclopedia? There's a Pantheon respect thread on the forums. Very informative.

Hmm. It seems like Marvel is treating Odin as the creator god and ignoring the other skyfathers from rival pantheons. This also seems like a recent development.

IMHO the Demiurge>Elder God>Atum seeding storyline made more sense because it allowed for a semi-rational explanation for the existnece of the various Earth Pantheons. If Odin created the Earth and humanity, then what were the other Skyfathers doing?

What about the Celestials. It's canon that they provided humanity's primate ancestors with the genes needed to evolve into humans/mutants. If that's the case, how could Odin have created humanity? The Celestial storyline hasn't ever been retconned.

I'll get the scan. Basically Earth and what became Asgard existed long before Odin. The creator of the Rainbow Bridge existed before Odin and linked proto Asgard and Earth with it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I think they were trying to tie it into real world traditions. Did you see the encyclopedia? There's a Pantheon respect thread on the forums. Very informative.

Why would they do that? Marvel Asgard has very little in common with the Asgardians of our world. Part's of it. Now I'll have to check it out.

Hmm. It seems like Marvel is treating Odin as the creator god and ignoring the other skyfathers from rival pantheons. This also seems like a recent development.

IMHO the Demiurge>Elder God>Atum seeding storyline made more sense because it allowed for a semi-rational explanation for the existnece of the various Earth Pantheons. If Odin created the Earth and humanity, then what were the other Skyfathers doing?

Odin -or at least Odin through Thor- was credited with the creation of man etc. a long time ago. As far back as the Kirby days as I recall. At least

I hated the Elder God origin. That entire era watered down the Asgardians a great deal.

What about the Celestials. It's canon that they provided humanity's primate ancestors with the genes needed to evolve into humans/mutants. If that's the case, how could Odin have created humanity? The Celestial storyline hasn't ever been retconned.

I have absolutely no idea how the Celestials fit into all of this.

I'll get the scan. Basically Earth and what became Asgard existed long before Odin. The creator of the Rainbow Bridge existed before Odin and linked proto Asgard and Earth with it.

Lol what the f*ck? Thank god's it's been completely ignored. Was this being at least Bor or Buri?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.