Who fares better off against energy blasts, Thor or Superman?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
Durability.

JakeTheBank
Just based off of pure durability or the ability to avoid/negate them?

quanchi112
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Just based off of pure durability or the ability to avoid/negate them? Pure durability.

xJLxKing
Pretty much even

JakeTheBank
I'd say they're pretty much even, too (the diplomatic answer, yeah, but it's accurate lol). I think the composition of the energy blast matters a bit more to Superman than it does to Thor, though. Anything with a specific radiation frequency (see: kryptonite/red sun) or magical in nature effects Superman a little bit more than it would Thor.

Standard energy blasts, though, they're pretty close.

Kris Blaze
Thor can take energy blasts better.

Superman is better with physical punishment.

They're about equal in telepathy.

carver9
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Thor can take energy blasts better.

Superman is better with physical punishment.

They're about equal in telepathy.

I think you did it kind of backwards.

Superman>Thor energy blast/Sharpnel

Physical punishment, Thor>Superman.

SoulDevourer
their about equal for physical

Thor definitly owns for energy attacks

Spire
Hmm....

Giant Cock
Thor has been known to do badly against bullets.

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Giant Cock
Thor has been known to do badly against bullets.

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Stats/ThorDurability23-Projectile315.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Stats/ThorDurability35486Projectile.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Stats/ThorDurability43v304Projectile.jpg

Silent Master
Superman has a few weaknesses that hurt him here, Magic, Red solar energy and kryptonite.

I believe Metallo has blasted him with Kryptonite based energy before

Giant Cock
http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Stats/ThorDurability23-Projectile315.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Stats/ThorDurability35486Projectile.jpg

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo326/OneDumbG0/Thor%20Stats/ThorDurability43v304Projectile.jpg

~Bibeasts guys were energy, third not classic thor, he is post JMS and the second wasn't from a planes cannon.

Wei Phoenix
It depends on the blast for me. Thor would look better than Superman against magic based energy blasts, not saying that Superman would get raped by one, but he's more vulnerable to magic. Non-magic based energy attacks could be seen as even to me especially if we're not counting energy blasts composed of his weaknesses like kryptonite and rd sun energy.

quanchi112
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Pretty much even How can it be even when Superman has weaknesses Thor doesn't have. Do you mean it's even against energy attacks that don't take advantage of his weaknesses?

xJLxKing
Originally posted by quanchi112
How can it be even when Superman has weaknesses Thor doesn't have. Do you mean it's even against energy attacks that don't take advantage of his weaknesses?
Yup. I am talking about regular energy blast in general. It's rather stupid to use their advantage in this kind of thread

quanchi112
Yup. I am talking about regular energy blast in general. It's rather stupid to use their advantage in this kind of thread It's rather stupid to ignore a weakness just to say they are equals.

Parmaniac
Regular energy beam: Superman
Magical energy beam: Thor
Kryptonite energy beam: Thor
Anti-Asgardian energy beam: Superman stick out tongue

xJLxKing
It's rather stupid to ignore a weakness just to say they are equals. Whatever man. Take it however you want.

quanchi112
Whatever man. Take it however you want. So you agree it favors Thor when we take into consideration everything.

xJLxKing
So you agree it favors Thor when we take into consideration everything. Depends what you mean by everything? Does Telepathy count in too?

Blanket
How in the fudge is a durability thread being twisted into a weakness thread?

quanchi112
Depends what you mean by everything? Does Telepathy count in too? Why would telepathy count?

You said they are equals but against magic,k-nite, red solar energy it's in Thor's favor so how is it equal taking all these things into consideration.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Blanket
How in the fudge is a durability thread being twisted into a weakness thread?
Quan Logic lol

Blanket
Why would telepathy count?

You said they are equals but against magic,k-nite, red solar energy it's in Thor's favor so how is it equal taking all these things into consideration. Because you don't take those things into consideration. no expression

This is a durability thread. Not how Thor would do with magic blasts, and manipulation of blasts.

xJLxKing
yes

quanchi112
Because you don't take those things into consideration. no expression

This is a durability thread. Not how Thor would do with magic blasts, and manipulation of blasts. It's against all blasts. If you want to argue equals you have to change his weaknesses. If you want to say Thor is better against magical, etc. but equal to him otherwise then feel free to do so.

You can't just discount a weakness here bran.

Blanket
So you made a thread talking about just blasts... now you want to include Superman's weaknesses and expect this to be talked about?

Thor is more durable than Superman because magic, K-nite, and red sun energy are Superman's weakness. Even if Superman isn't fighting those things, Thor is still more durable because that's his weaknesses. Logic takes a nosedive.

quanchi112
So you made a thread talking about just blasts... now you want to include Superman's weaknesses and expect this to be talked about?

Thor is more durable than Superman because magic, K-nite, and red sun energy are Superman's weakness. Even if Superman isn't fighting those things, Thor is still more durable because that's his weaknesses. Logic takes a nosedive. Yes, because that's a part of his character. I don't want to dismiss this sort of thing just because you think we should.

Blanket
Pure durability.

quanchi112
Yes, against all kinds of energy blasts.

Blanket
Pure durability doesn't include 'circumstances' to where they can be effected only by a certain type of wavelength.

You created a lopsided thread (spite) though, in place of a before acceptable one.

Parmaniac
Isn't Thor vulnable to radiation too? (Radioactive Man)

Colossus-Big C
Physical: Superman
Energy attacks: thor
piercing: supes by a mile.

quanchi112
Pure durability doesn't include 'circumstances' to where they can be effected only by a certain type of wavelength.

You created a lopsided thread (spite) though, in place of a before acceptable one. It also doesn't ignore weaknesses either. You can't have it both ways.Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Energy attacks: thor
piercing: supes by a mile. I am a little curious. Why do you give Superman the nod in physical attacks? I know this has nothing to do with physical attacks but I want to hear your reasoning.

Original Smurph
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
But what if it's a magical, kryptonite fist that radiates red sun energy?!?!?

You're clearly not considering all weaknesses. Listen to Quan, he knows what's up.

Blanket
It does though, as durability has nothing to do with weaknesses. It has to do with the character's origin.

But like I said, Thor is more durable than Superman because Superman is weak to K-nite.

Great spite thread. thumb up

Colossus-Big C
It also doesn't ignore weaknesses either. You can't have it both ways. I am a little curious. Why do you give Superman the nod in physical attacks? I know this has nothing to do with physical attacks but I want to hear your reasoning. thor had his ribs broken before

carver9
thor had his ribs broken before

Dont remember this happening but if it did I can say this, Superman had his Jaw broken before.

carver9
Quan, its retarded to make a thread like this if you're including a character weakness.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Original Smurph
But what if it's a magical, kryptonite fist that radiates red sun energy?!?!?

You're clearly not considering all weaknesses. Listen to Quan, he knows what's up. Tell him gargamel.Originally posted by Blanket
It does though, as durability has nothing to do with weaknesses. It has to do with the character's origin.

But like I said, Thor is more durable than Superman because Superman is weak to K-nite.

Great spite thread. thumb up It isn't spite. No one's even fighting here. Some people might disagree anyways.

Some posters even think that magic isn't even a weakness to Superman anyways.

thor had his ribs broken before When?Originally posted by carver9
Quan, its retarded to make a thread like this if you're including a character weakness. No, it isn't.

Blanket
It's a spite thread against Superman because Thor will win this thread in a landslide. You like Thor, seemingly hate Superman. Seems likely.

A spite thread doesn't have to be targeted against people fighting.

Anyway, Thor makes Superman look like a rookie here.

quanchi112
It's a spite thread against Superman because Thor will win this thread in a landslide. You like Thor, seemingly hate Superman. Seems likely.

A spite thread doesn't have to be targeted against people fighting.

Anyway, Thor makes Superman look like a rookie here. Well, anyways I see Thor has being better against energy blasts whether they are weakness based or not.

Since you consistently cried over the mediator of all comics being unfair the weaknesses are thrown out here.

Ps. I told you I wasn't biased.

carver9
Tell him gargamel. It isn't spite. No one's even fighting here. Some people might disagree anyways.

Some posters even think that magic isn't even a weakness to Superman anyways.

When? No, it isn't.

Yes it is. If you knew you were making this thread about a character that has a weakness why not just use someone like Surfer who doesnt have as many weaknesses. Its pretty obvious if you made a thread the way you just did that Thor would be victorious since he doesnt possess close to the amount of weaknesses Superman have.

Against Sharpnel, Superman>Thor
Bluntforce Trama, Thor>Superman
Energy attacks, about equal but I'll give a small nod to Thor since he has taken blast from celestial, the destroyer, Odin, etc.... and was still awake.

quanchi112
Originally posted by carver9
Yes it is. If you knew you were making this thread about a character that has a weakness why not just use someone like Surfer who doesnt have as many weaknesses. Its pretty obvious if you made a thread the way you just did that Thor would be victorious since he doesnt possess close to the amount of weaknesses Superman have.

Against Sharpnel, Superman>Thor
Bluntforce Trama, Thor>Superman
Energy attacks, about equal but I'll give a small nod to Thor since he has taken blast from celestial, the destroyer, Odin, etc.... and was still awake. Bran touched my heart through his last tear soaked posts. Thank him.

Weaknesses are ignored in this thread.

carver9
Bran touched my heart through his last tear soaked posts. Thank him.

Weaknesses are ignored in this thread.

LOL laughing

Blanket
Well, anyways I see Thor has being better against energy blasts whether they are weakness based or not.

Since you consistently cried over the mediator of all comics being unfair the weaknesses are thrown out here.

Ps. I told you I wasn't biased. K. It still doesn't erase your logic in this thread, but the thread is back to what it was seemingly at the start.

Right, not bias at all. You and H1 are the least bias here.

BTW, don't ask so many questions if you don't like the responses that follow.

quanchi112
K. It still doesn't erase your logic in this thread, but the thread is back to what it was seemingly at the start.

Right, not bias at all. You and H1 are the least bias here.

BTW, don't ask so many questions if you don't like the responses that follow. I changed the thread because you moved me. I'm not biased at all actually unlike that cbr machine.

Do you see them as equals here?

Blanket
I changed the thread because you moved me. I'm not biased at all actually unlike that cbr machine.

Do you see them as equals here? You, H!, and CBR don't even know the meaning of bias.

Pretty close, actually.

quanchi112
You, H!, and CBR don't even know the meaning of bias.

Pretty close, actually. H 1 doesn't know what the inside of a comic book looks like. I really see him acting out these battles and actually koing imaginary marvel character before he posts.

I sense a hidden (quan)bias preventing you from shouting Thor in this very thread.

Blanket
H 1 doesn't know what the inside of a comic book looks like. I really see him acting out these battles and actually koing imaginary marvel character before he posts.

I sense a hidden (quan)bias preventing you from shouting Thor in this very thread. You and h1 have more in common than I thought then.

Truthfully, no. You overrate your range on here.
I've always seen Thor slightly below Supes in strength while they were fairly even in durability. Way before Rage of Olympus came along (when everyone else learned of Thor).
Thor's damage soak helps him a lot, which I believe is higher than Supe's. But on the other hand, it seems more is needed to affect Superman, but when it does, it would do more to him than Thor, if that makes sense.
Like I said, fairly even. Giving either the nod wouldn't be wrong.

quanchi112
You and h1 have more in common than I thought then.

Truthfully, no. You overrate your range on here.
I've always seen Thor slightly below Supes in strength while they were fairly even in durability. Way before Rage of Olympus came along (when everyone else learned of Thor).
Thor's damage soak helps him a lot, which I believe is higher than Supe's. But on the other hand, it seems more is needed to affect Superman, but when it does, it would do more to him than Thor, if that makes sense.
Like I said, fairly even. Giving either the nod wouldn't be wrong. I actually draw diagrams so I've evolved past acting these battles out.

Rage slants Thor a little bit higher than most would though as he's a diehard Thor fan. He won't admit that the Hulk is stronger than Thor when sufficiently angry.

JakeTheBank
OF Thor's ribs got broken by Bor, which obviously isn't a low showing.

SoulDevourer
whats most powerful energy blast Supe has survive?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
whats most powerful energy blast Supe has survive?

The Batglare, I think.

quanchi112
OF Thor's ribs got broken by Bor, which obviously isn't a low showing. Superman's had his jaw completely shattered by an equal in Zod to boot.

-Pr-
Normal, standard energy blasts?

Probably even. If i had to pick one, Superman.

Kasper Gutman
Energy blasts...I gotta go with Thor. Being able to come back again and again after taking celestial blasts was pretty amazing for a below skyfather character.

Supes is definately ahead of Thor in terms of taking the first few hits of general damage but slowly seems to become less impervious in tough fights where as Thor seems to get tougher the longer the fight goes on. There's a zillion examples of Thor getting pounded to the ground then getting back up and turning around the fight. But for energy blasts I gotta go with Thor, he seems tailor made to take them and if he uses his hammer then forget it, there's nothing further to talk about in this thread.

Kasper Gutman
Someone should probably make a thread on who can take more celestial energy blasts and keep fighting. If there isn't one already that is.

Kris Blaze
Bran brings up a good point here.

Thor can take more punishment, but Superman has a higher degree of invulnerability. It takes a bit more to reach the point where you hurt Supes, but once you do he will go down faster than Thor.

Allankles
As far as invulnerability goes there are reason why Supes is the more invulnerable of the 2 imo - bio aura, very high sub atomic density.

Q99
Of the two, I too would peg Superman as the better at taking energy blasts to the flesh.

Though with the hammer, Thor has the overall advantage.

Warlord
very close

Mshinu
Energy Blasts: close, slight edge to Supes
Damage Soak: Thor
Cutting: Supes
Blunt Trauma: close, slight edge to Thor

IMHO

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by Kasper Gutman
Energy blasts...I gotta go with Thor. Being able to come back again and again after taking celestial blasts was pretty amazing for a below skyfather character. EXACLY

also the Destroyer blast cool

The Batglare, I think. lol

Lord Feron
Thor overall.

quanchi112
Someone should probably make a thread on who can take more celestial energy blasts and keep fighting. If there isn't one already that is. The answer is rather obvious.

Philosophía
Superman.

For every Celestial there is Dominus.
For every neutron star narration comparison there is double-blackholes.
For every center of the Sun there is the same, plus more.
etc.

quanchi112

carver9
Energy blasts...I gotta go with Thor. Being able to come back again and again after taking celestial blasts was pretty amazing for a below skyfather character.

Supes is definately ahead of Thor in terms of taking the first few hits of general damage but slowly seems to become less impervious in tough fights where as Thor seems to get tougher the longer the fight goes on. There's a zillion examples of Thor getting pounded to the ground then getting back up and turning around the fight. But for energy blasts I gotta go with Thor, he seems tailor made to take them and if he uses his hammer then forget it, there's nothing further to talk about in this thread.

This is the perfect post. Great way to put it.

carver9
Dominus could have easily destroyed Superman multiple times. Dominus was a reality warper but then again so are cc's and Celestials are higher on the food chain than they are.

Prime showed us he can easily blast through his hand for one. Secondly, you are judging this by feats and feats alone while ignoring how they stack up against each other.

The sun also powers superman up so that's a special circumstance for him.

Lets not even forget about Doctor light one shotting him with an energy blast or a celestial type being, imperex almost killing him with another blast (which darkseid had to save him).

-Pr-
Lets not even forget about Doctor light one shotting him with an energy blast or a celestial type being, imperex almost killing him with another blast (which darkseid had to save him).

facepalm

the ninjak
Superman .....although their durability is the same in nature.

Omega Vision
Dr. Light ****ed with Superman's solar radiation IIRC, it wasn't a straight-up energy blast.

xJLxKing
Again with the lowballing. But if you actually understand, you would understand that it's not lowballing.

Imperiex=Galactus. If not stronger
Light messed with his cells

Though, I doubt any of this makes sense to you

quanchi112
Again with the lowballing. But if you actually understand, you would understand that it's not lowballing.

Though, I doubt any of this makes sense to you How does Imperiex equal Galactus?

carver9

Though, I doubt any of this makes sense to you

Why is it low balling for me to give my reasons on why Thor is more Durable?

Where was it stated that Doctor Light messed with his cells?

Where is it shown or mentioned or some kind of proof letting us know that Imperex= or > a celestial or Galactus?

quanchi112

Where is it shown or mentioned or some kind of proof letting us know that Imperex= or > a celestial or Galactus? He thinks if you bring up a loss it's low balling a character.

carver9
He thinks if you bring up a loss it's low balling a character.

Well he's wrong because he does it all the time with Silver Surfer and Thor.

quanchi112
Well he's wrong because he does it all the time with Silver Surfer and Thor. I agree.

Omega Vision

Where is it shown or mentioned or some kind of proof letting us know that Imperex= or > a celestial or Galactus?
Dr. Light used his powers to manipulate the solar energy stored in Superman's cells.

carver9
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Dr. Light used his powers to manipulate the solar energy stored in Superman's cells.

Show me where it said that.

quanchi112
Someone post the scan.

manx422
Superman

-Pr-

it's lowballing when you bring up a low showing and try to portray it as the average.

complexbrother
Thor takes this one.

abhilegend
Bump.

mmm

Orrsome28
Originally posted by abhilegend
Bump.

mmm

Why Abhi? Why? erm

abhilegend
Originally posted by Orrsome28
Why Abhi? Why? erm
Because I was bored?

eek!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.