Opening a Bar

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ATX/UT ND Money
So I have had discussions with friends and family that I would like to open a bar one day. So far I have 0% progress towards this goal embarrasment haha.

Anyway I thought I would see if anyone had experience in doing such or have worked in a bar before and wanted to share thier opinions...just graduated college but I don't think I can work for someone all my life and would rather attempt to get this goal off the ground within a couple of years.

In Texas I know they require some lincenses but thats about it. Not sure what would be the biggest expense in this industry or any other steps for that matter. Look forward to your thoughts or random comments to help pass the day at work... evil face

Ms.Marvel
1. receive bar/alcohol distribution license

2. buy/rent land

3. build bar

4. purchase essential bar machinery

5. hire girls with big breasts and a cute bar tender guy

6. buy a shotgun

7. profit

Bardock42
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
1. receive bar/alcohol distribution license

2. buy/rent land

3. build bar

4. purchase essential bar machinery

5. hire girls with big breasts and a cute bar tender guy

6. buy a shotgun

7. profit

Woah, no room left for "?????" here.

Ms.Marvel
i wanted to include it but i forgot the format sad

Darth Jello
Originally posted by ATX/UT ND Money
So I have had discussions with friends and family that I would like to open a bar one day. So far I have 0% progress towards this goal embarrasment haha.

Anyway I thought I would see if anyone had experience in doing such or have worked in a bar before and wanted to share thier opinions...just graduated college but I don't think I can work for someone all my life and would rather attempt to get this goal off the ground within a couple of years.

In Texas I know they require some lincenses but thats about it. Not sure what would be the biggest expense in this industry or any other steps for that matter. Look forward to your thoughts or random comments to help pass the day at work... evil face Serve Coffee Buzz and Hallucinating Melon. They're rare drinks that really pack a punch and will attract a wide variety of customers.

Lord Lucien
Oh and Shirley Temples, they're all the rave these days.

jinXed by JaNx
Heres some great advice..., Save your money and spend it on moving to another country and obtaining a citizenship. Then Open up your dream Bar there. Bars are a dime a dozen and in this economy. It is no time to be starting a business, unless you have suddenly stumbled upon a windfall.

That's just me though.

shiv
ATX/UT ND.

You don't need a licence to sell DRUGS smile

WickedDynamite

In Texas I know they require some lincenses but thats about it. Not sure what would be the biggest expense in this industry or any other steps for that matter. Look forward to your thoughts or random comments to help pass the day at work... evil face

Three things that will get you plenty of customers:

Make sure you have sports events.

Make or hire someone to make you a drink/appetizers that will be the house special.

Buy a pool table, karaoke machine, and have contests!

Remember...don't drink and drive.

Darth Jello
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Heres some great advice..., Save your money and spend it on moving to another country and obtaining a citizenship. Then Open up your dream Bar there. Bars are a dime a dozen and in this economy. It is no time to be starting a business, unless you have suddenly stumbled upon a windfall.

That's just me though. This is the first economic recession/depression where alcohol sales haven't gone up.

Robtard
American needs another massive influx of the Irish then.

Darth Jello
Hallucinating Mellon or how to mess someone up with one drink-

Layer 1 shots Midori, Bailey's, and Absinthe in a barrel glass. Light on fire. Blow out. Drink.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Darth Jello
This is the first economic recession/depression where alcohol sales haven't gone up.

In Oregon, the alcohol sales are going up, at least that is what I heard on the radio.

inimalist
Originally posted by shiv
You don't need a licence to sell DRUGS smile

you should though!

lord xyz
Can't you just skip to not having sex?

ATX/UT ND Money
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel

5. hire girls with big breasts a

6. buy a shotgun

7. profit

Think ill be doing these regardless haha

ATX/UT ND Money
This is the first economic recession/depression where alcohol sales haven't gone up.

Is this true? wierd....I know I have certainly been doing my part smile

ATX/UT ND Money
Hallucinating Mellon or how to mess someone up with one drink-

Layer 1 shots Midori, Bailey's, and Absinthe in a barrel glass. Light on fire. Blow out. Drink.

Absinthe...heard about this...what exactly is this and i think my friend once told me its legal here no?

ATX/UT ND Money
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx

That's just me though.

Have not been outside the country besides mexico...is there a short supply in other countries?!

jinXed by JaNx
Have not been outside the country besides mexico...is there a short supply in other countries?!

If you want to do a bar right. Move to Germany and you'll become a rich man. wink
I'm just frackin with you, partner. I simply meant to imply, with my first post, that this may not be the best time to invest in starting a business. There seems to be much gloom on the economic and political horizon.

Either way, a genuine suggestion...,go classy. Don't go for the neighborhood dive. Invest in imported beer and find the right bartender. Quality product brings quality customers and you definitely will have to get a venue license so that you can hire bands and draw more people and always remember...,location location location laughing out loud

Darth Jello
Absinthe...heard about this...what exactly is this and i think my friend once told me its legal here no? Absinthe is an extremely potent liquor made from Absinthe wormwood and several other herbs such as anise, fennel, etc. It was originally formulated in the last 200 years as a method of purifying water and treating malaria but became a popular drink in Europe after a cold snap killed off several grape harvests. After several cases of brain damage due to contamination from copper pipes, absinthe started being banned everywhere. It was legalized again in most of the world in the early 90's and was legalized in the US in 2006.

Absinthe is extremely bitter and tastes like liquorish or even horrid crap if it's the Bohemian variety (which is usually spelled without the e at the end) requiring that if drunk straight, it to be diluted with water and sugar in a ritual involving a special glass and spoon. It's alcohol content can range from 90 proof to 159 proof. It also contains a chemical called thujone which causes certain...enhanced effects on certain people. Regardless, this is NOT your regular drunk.

Typically you get really, really creative and everything starts rocking up and down like you're on a boat. You get really, really horny but unlike regular alcohol, this does not negatively effect sex and in fact makes sex better. Sometimes you do get a bit high and occasionally even see a thing or two, but mainly I would describe the sensation like having a drunk body but a perfectly sober mind. In college, my friends and I would illegally import it, get ripped and then either hook up with girls that had no idea we were completely out of our heads or have long conversations and then remember everything and feel completely clear headed the next day. Too much tho, and you do black out and wake up with the worst hangover ever. It's expensive as shit but if you're smart and you mix it right, one bottle can last a month or two.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.