Telepathic battle!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheTyrant
Free for all.

Cassandra Nova Vs. Shama Nate Vs. Zero Hour Saturn Girl.

ONLY TELEPATHY IS ALLOWED!

"Id"
Shaman X-Man wins, no contest.

the ninjak
It would be fun to see CN beaten at her own game.

Original Smurph
What puts Shaman Nate > Cassandra Nova in a telepathic battle?

Not that I disagree, just curious.

"Id"

TheTyrant
What about ZH Saturn Girl?

Original Smurph

Galan007
In a full-on battle with all powers allowed, I would side with Nate. But in the area of pure TP, Cassandra has proven herself to be exceptionally more powerful than Xavier (/w/ Cerebro.) That is a gargantuan feat of telepathic prowess that quite frankly, I am not sure Nate could match.

Cassie ftw.

"Id"
Cable was applying World Class Telepathy unaided on Earth, and overwhelming Emma psi shields w/Cerebra.

I would say X-Man has the same class of telepathic power, probably more. But he does lack a history in mental warfare.

But then again, Nate has a unique use of Telepathy that neither Cassie or Cable have ever applied.

mhmm

rotiart
In the issue with cable stryfe and Nate... It was mentioned that Nate was genetically engineered to be a more powerful or better version of cable iirc...

Original Smurph
Was that Cerebra? I've seen the feat, but isn't Emma in the X-jet at the time? I thought that was Cerebro in there.

Also, she wasn't overwhelmed, just having difficulty, though I realize Cable wasn't directly attacking her.

Anyways, Cassandra's specialty has shown to be one-on-one mental warfare. This should be her battle to win.

"Id"
Originally posted by rotiart
In the issue with cable stryfe and Nate... It was mentioned that Nate was genetically engineered to be a more powerful or better version of cable iirc...

It does not help that AoA Sinister noticed Jean was fermenting comic energies, and decided to make a living weapon from her genetic material.

Q99
Originally posted by rotiart

Though I think a lot of the modifications were physical. There wasn't much higher *to* go up mentally.

Mindset
Originally posted by "Id"

But then again, Nate has a unique use of Telepathy that neither Cassie or Cable have ever applied.

mhmm Couldn't that same be said about Cable?

celestialbodies
Originally posted by Original Smurph
Was that Cerebra? I've seen the feat, but isn't Emma in the X-jet at the time? I thought that was Cerebro in there.

Also, she wasn't overwhelmed, just having difficulty, though I realize Cable wasn't directly attacking her.

Anyways, Cassandra's specialty has shown to be one-on-one mental warfare. This should be her battle to win.

Does anyone have scans of this? Because honestly this is my first time hearing about it I'd love to see em' if you didn't mind.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Original Smurph

It was taxing on Emma, but she still managed to protect the X-Men both times from Cables telepathy particularly the second time when the X-Men faced off against him.

Cassandra on the other hand overwhelmed Xavier on Cerebra, and then Xavier off Cerebra and Jean Grey manifesting the Phoenix Force.

Also keep in mind that Cable is far more experienced then Nate. Emma and non-shaman Nate have met before when he still believed that he lost his telepathy.

Glorificus
It depends on the type of psychic warfare and whether or not it's on the Astral Plane. Astral plane battling comes down to wits and skill and cunning more than raw power, as evident in the astral battle between Emma and Rachel. But if this comes down to telepaths psi-bolting each other in the real world then it becomes a matter of raw power, which I can see Shaman Nate winning ultimately. For the astral battle it becomes harder to say, but I'd probably go with Cassandra. And what are some of ZH Saturn Girl's top feats for one-on-one psychic battles?

"Id"
I still have Nate winning, extremely competent character, with too much raw power.

galactusischere
Nate wins. With SG coming is second IMO.

pinksushi1
There are instances of telepathic raw power overcoming telepathic skill.

For example, Kid Omega defeating Emma, Shadow King defeating Xavier in Muir Island Saga and Nate Grey defeating Xavier.

leonidas
Originally posted by Galan007
In a full-on battle with all powers allowed, I would side with Nate. But in the area of pure TP, Cassandra has proven herself to be exceptionally more powerful than Xavier (/w/ Cerebro.) That is a gargantuan feat of telepathic prowess that quite frankly, I am not sure Nate could match.

Cassie ftw.

no expression

Galan007
^ We aren't dealing with just a TP war, leo. stick out tongue

leonidas
^ We aren't dealing with just a TP war, leo. stick out tongue

yeah, i'm sure that quote won't come back to bite us in the ass at all if smurph's team wins that match. no expression

Galan007
whatdididocry

leonidas
whatdididocry

hmph. that's what i thought.

now i know what you meant to say was shaman nate demolishes her in ANY type of mental battle, right . . .?

pinksushi1
Huh?

Galan007
Originally posted by leonidas
hmph. that's what i thought.

now i know what you meant to say was shaman nate demolishes her in ANY type of mental battle, right . . .? I thought it was obvious. ermmhappy

leonidas
I thought it was obvious. ermmhappy

laughing

leonidas
Originally posted by pinksushi1
Huh?

never mind. proceed with your thread. smile

"Id"
barker

pinksushi1
Originally posted by leonidas
never mind. proceed with your thread. smile

There have been instances in which telepathic raw power over comes telepathic skill. For example, Kid Omega managed to defeat Emma. Also, X-Man defeated Xavier. However, there have also been instances of telepathic skill overcoming telepathic raw power. For instance, Emma defeating X=man or Rachel Grey.

But knowing how blood lusted Nova is, I might see X-Man losing on the astral plane. Or overwhelming her on the astral plane. In short, I am befuddled.
sad sad

"Id"

pinksushi1
She can bring blood lusted telepathic skill in.

Glorificus
Originally posted by pinksushi1
There have been instances in which telepathic raw power over comes telepathic skill. For example, Kid Omega managed to defeat Emma. Also, X-Man defeated Xavier. However, there have also been instances of telepathic skill overcoming telepathic raw power. For instance, Emma defeating X=man or Rachel Grey.

But knowing how blood lusted Nova is, I might see X-Man losing on the astral plane. Or overwhelming her on the astral plane. In short, I am befuddled.
sad sad

Well Nate might not want to risk taking the battle to the Astral plane. If he wanted to overwhelm her with raw power, the best way is to just keep Psi bolting her in the real world. Plus, to keep Saturn Girl in the fight, perhaps astral battling should be kept out, since I'm not sure if she has any Astral projecting/battling feats.

pinksushi1
Originally posted by Glorificus
Well Nate might not want to risk taking the battle to the Astral plane. If he wanted to overwhelm her with raw power, the best way is to just keep Psi bolting her in the real world. Plus, to keep Saturn Girl in the fight, perhaps astral battling should be kept out, since I'm not sure if she has any Astral projecting/battling feats.

X-Man may be forced to fight on the astral plane since Nova is a powerful and skilled telepath and can drag him there. She is blood lusted and ruthless.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.