SSJ2 Vegetto vs. SSJ4 Goku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

john allerdyce
If these two were to square off.... Who'd win?

Blinky
Wolverine solos.

BloodRain
^ Agreed

.....of and Goku wins

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by john allerdyce
If these two were to square off.... Who'd win?

Pointless thread. SSJ2 Vegetto does not exist at all.

Galan007
^ The trademark 'lightning' around Vegetto when he first went SSJ is usually indicative of the second level, no?
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/2972/veg1.jpg

Either way: Goku ftw.

BloodRain
Some say that lightning was ssj2, others say its just an indication of his power. But yeah, easy fight.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Galan007
^ The trademark 'lightning' around Vegetto when he first went SSJ is usually indicative of the second level, no?
http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/2972/veg1.jpg

Either way: Goku ftw.

Most likely just a show of his extreme power; that lightning aura does not appear again iirc, as opposed to the SS2 transformation where the lightning aura is almost always present.

Besides, he is credited as being in the first level for the fight, no?

yungz22
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Most likely just a show of his extreme power; that lightning aura does not appear again iirc, as opposed to the SS2 transformation where the lightning aura is almost always present.

Besides, he is credited as being in the first level for the fight, no?
it was just super saiyan because if it was ssj2 you would have seen the electrical aura at all times but instead you only see it once with him

Merlyn
Originally posted by yungz22
it was just super saiyan because if it was ssj2 you would have seen the electrical aura at all times but instead you only see it once with him A few times in the Buu arc I noticed that the lightning from a SSJ2 seemed to go away when the given Saiyan wasn't actively powering up. Personally I believe this was also the case with Vegetto. Why? Because I never saw any Saiyan transformations emit SSJ2-esque lightning to display their raw power if it wasn't either the 2nd or 3rd level. Especially not in the transformation to a normal SSJ... I see both sides of the argument though.

More on point... SSJ2 or not, Vegetto still owned Buu fused with Gohan as though he were absolutely nothing. I don't see SSJ4 Goku easily beating THAT kind of power... If he could beat him at all.

Galan007

Besides, he is credited as being in the first level for the fight, no? 1.) Could very well be. OR it could be more along the lines of what Merlyn said. Toss a coin, I guess.

2.) I don't believe it was ever specifically stated what level Vegetto was utilizing. But its a whole lot easier to believe that Buu could be handled like that by fused SSJ2's, as opposed to fused first level SSJ's. Especially when that version of Buu had the power of Mystic Gohan stacked onto his already uber power. Just my opinion.

Originally posted by Merlyn
More on point... SSJ2 or not, Vegetto still owned Buu fused with Gohan as though he were absolutely nothing. I don't see SSJ4 Goku easily beating THAT kind of power... If he could beat him at all. iirc, in the GT anime Goku stated that Rildo in his base form was even stronger than Majin Buu -- and Rildo would have been less than nothing to Goku as a SSJ4.

I know it's a rough comparison, but it's a comparison none the less.

yungz22
Originally posted by Merlyn
A few times in the Buu arc I noticed that the lightning from a SSJ2 seemed to go away when the given Saiyan wasn't actively powering up. Personally I believe this was also the case with Vegetto. Why? Because I never saw any Saiyan transformations emit SSJ2-esque lightning to display their raw power if it wasn't either the 2nd or 3rd level. Especially not in the transformation to a normal SSJ... I see both sides of the argument though.

More on point... SSJ2 or not, Vegetto still owned Buu fused with Gohan as though he were absolutely nothing. I don't see SSJ4 Goku easily beating THAT kind of power... If he could beat him at all.

ascended super saiyan transformation gives off lightning when powering up

BloodRain
Buu < Rildo < meta rildo < hyper meta rildo =/< Goku SSJ

Goku's gotten alot stronger in those 15 years.

Galan007
Originally posted by BloodRain
Buu < Rildo < meta rildo < hyper meta rildo =/< Goku SSJ

Goku's gotten alot stronger in those 15 years. No joke. Especially when you consider the fact that Goku in his regular Saiyan form was roughly equal to base form Rildo. Thus regular GT Goku was more than likely > Buu... But 15 years prior, even SSJ3 Goku was hard-pressed just to try and match Buu.

That's a HUGE jump in power right thur.

Merlyn
Originally posted by Galan007
iirc, in the GT anime Goku stated that Rildo in his base form was even stronger than Majin Buu -- and Rildo would have been less than nothing to Goku as a SSJ4.

I know it's a rough comparison, but it's a comparison none the less. Odd. I thought Goku's power decreased upon being transformed into a child. Isn't that why he had problems maintaining the SSJ3 transformation in GT? Isn't that why his body grew back to adulthood upon transforming into a SSJ4, in order to compensate for the power increase?

If so, it seems crazy that Goku could handle Rildo (who was apparently more powerful than Buu) as easily as he did, with a diminished power level.

BloodRain
I think it was just his energy that was lowered, and when he became SSJ4 his power was so strong that it bypassed the power of the black star dragon and made him go back to an adult.

Merlyn
I think it was just his energy that was lowered, and when he became SSJ4 his power was so strong that it bypassed the power of the black star dragon and made him go back to an adult. That's what I mean... If Goku was weaker in his 'chibi' form, yet still had enough power to equal a being with Buu-like power (Rildo) as a normal form Saiyan, then the power a SSJ4 has would just be unreal.... So unreal that its hard to imagine.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by yungz22
ascended super saiyan transformation gives off lightning when powering up
A lot of characters (even Piccolo) occasionally give off lightening when powering up, but as far as ascended super saiyan goes, Trunks was the only one to have blue lightening around him when powering up, though his mass powerup made him too slow to be exactly on SSJ2 level anyway.

yungz22
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
A lot of characters (even Piccolo) occasionally give off lightening when powering up, but as far as ascended super saiyan goes, Trunks was the only one to have blue lightening around him when powering up, though his mass powerup made him too slow to be exactly on SSJ2 level anyway.
i kno that but the other guy i quoted said that no other powerups had lightning

Galan007
and when he became SSJ4 his power was so strong that it bypassed the power of the black star dragon and made him go back to an adult. That is an excellent point that I have never given much thought to before. The power SSJ4 Goku possessed was so extreme that it actually rendered the Black Star Dragon's 'spell' null-in-void. Amazing, really. thumb up

AsbestosFlaygon
SSJ Vegetto would probably be in the same level of power of SSJ4, or slightly lower.

Even in candy form in SSJ1, he retained all his powers and was toying with Super Buu.

OT:
Merlyn is Galan's sock account

BloodRain
Buu's noting compared to GT Goku.

AsbestosFlaygon
Buu's noting compared to GT Goku.
Not canon.

SSJ4 is non-canon as well.

But SSJ4 does win more often than not.

AsbestosFlaygon
A friend of mine and I have been debating about this matter for quite some time now.

Granted we never saw a Vegetto in SSJ2, who'd you think would win between the two?

The Potara earrings are said to multiply the power level of the fused characters, unlike the Fusion dance which only stacks up the power of fused characters.

SSJ1 Vegetto was a beast, even in candy form he was pulverizing Buuhan.

Granted that Potara earrings are permanent (without PIS), I'm afraid to think what a SSJ2, let alone a SSJ3, is capable of doing.

Demonic Phoenix
^ What makes you think the Fusion Dance stacks up the power levels? As far as I can tell, it multiplies the power level, like the Potaras.

Potaras are superior in that the fusion is permanent, and the fusees do not have to equalize their power levels & perform a ridiculous, time-consuming dance that has to be perfectly matched.

Anyway, based on the remarkable difference in power between the SS3 and SS4 forms, I'd say nothing short of SS4 Vegeto would be able to beat SS4 Gogeta.

Damborgson
I hated GT. Basically everything about it. Si I'm going to say Vegetto wins out of spite.

AsbestosFlaygon
^ What makes you think the Fusion Dance stacks up the power levels? As far as I can tell, it multiplies the power level, like the Potaras.
The Elder Kai said the Potara was superior to the Fusion dance in power.

Vegetto did not need to be SSJ1, tbh.
His base form was powerful enough to beat Buuhan, but he transformed to SSJ1 as implication of his power boost.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
The Elder Kai said the Potara was superior to the Fusion dance in power.

Vegetto did not need to be SSJ1, tbh.
His base form was powerful enough to beat Buuhan, but he transformed to SSJ1 as implication of his power boost.

Was it explicitly mentioned that it was superior in terms of power, or just superior? There's a difference between the two.

Irrelevant anime filler.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Damborgson
I hated GT. Basically everything about it. Si I'm going to say Vegetto wins out of spite.
I don't like GT either, but that doesn't mean one should let their personal feelings get in the way of seeing who would actually win or most likely win in a versus thread (in this case, SS4 Goku).

AsbestosFlaygon
I don't like GT either, but that doesn't mean one should let their personal feelings get in the way of seeing who would actually win or most likely win in a versus thread (in this case, SS4 Goku).
Here's a question for you:
Do you think Gogeta is stronger than Vegetto?

Ridley_Prime
The Gogeta in GT or the one that killed Janemba? Vegito might possibly be stronger than the latter one, but not the GT one.

Of course, the Gogeta in Fusion Reborn didn't suffer from toying around with his opponent too much.

carver9
Goku wins and good points are being made in this thread. I agree with base form Goku also being more powerful than Buu. Goku continuously trained and Goku have a habit of trying to bypass his previous enemies power "if they gave him a fight".

I would say base form Goku during GT was either =\> Super Saiyan 3 Goku during his fight against Kid Buu and I cant give a indication of his power as a Super Saiyan because the only reason Rildo did as good against Super Saiyan Goku is due to his merging of metals and also being on a planet made of metal.

Damborgson
I don't like GT either, but that doesn't mean one should let their personal feelings get in the way of seeing who would actually win or most likely win in a versus thread (in this case, SS4 Goku). http://img708.imageshack.us/img708/6951/j4i1596uxnaqun44sb71.gif
Nope. I stand by my decision.

Ridley_Prime
I won't stop you from doing so, but am just saying.

Toshi
50 times Vegito murdered the strongest DBZ villain. 100 times Vegito will probably kill SSJ4 Goku.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.