Is this the END of Toyota?!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WickedDynamite
Well?

Accelarator (sp?) problems in certain models.

And now brake pedals for Prius models.

During these tough economic times for car makers...could this strike a deadly blow to Toyota?

For the record I drive a 2010 Corolla model S....my car isn't affected by the recall....my vin # starts with JP!

HA!

p.s. Honda sucks!

Mairuzu
Honda all the way.

WickedDynamite
Street Fighter?

botankus
Are 2000 Avalons affected?

Robtard
No, Toyota is an automotive giant and it's run by the Japanese; not Americans, they'll survive and they'll survive without a bailout (aka government thieving from it's citizens).

BruceSkywalker
I bought along time ago,, decent car lasted a while

Shakyamunison
The US government owns GM, right? Doesn't that put the US government into a conflict of interest were it comes to regulating Toyota?

dadudemon
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
The US government owns GM, right? Doesn't that put the US government into a conflict of interest were it comes to regulating Toyota?

The US does not own GM. Not even close.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by dadudemon
The US does not own GM. Not even close.

Really? That's not what I heard. I heard that the Treasury is a majority share holder of GM.

Robtard
Really? That's not what I heard. I heard that the Treasury is a majority share holder of GM.

Once they file(d) for bankruptcy, the US was/is supposed to own somewhere around 60-70%, but I haven't heard what finally went down.

The Nuul
Originally posted by WickedDynamite
Well?

Accelarator (sp?) problems in certain models.

And now brake pedals for Prius models.

During these tough economic times for car makers...could this strike a deadly blow to Toyota?

For the record I drive a 2010 Corolla model S....my car isn't affected by the recall....my vin # starts with JP!

HA!

p.s. Honda sucks!

Dude....WTF? spoilers dude...use the ****ing spoilers.

I havent watched the news yet.

WickedDynamite

I believe so...but don't take my word as law.

As of this morning the government is apperantly issuing an investigation....there maybe negligence (sp?) with Toyota manufacting in Japan.

The Nuul
So, Toyota is in deeper shit than we all thought? its more than just recalling and correcting the brakes and accelarator?

jaden101
KHGSWs4uJzY

Brings home what one of the problems caused. You're about to hear the last moments of a family of 4.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Robtard
Once they file(d) for bankruptcy, the US was/is supposed to own somewhere around 60-70%, but I haven't heard what finally went down. 60%.

King Kandy
This is pretty awful. I have an Avalon (one of the effected cars). At least there are ways to survive such a problem, but only if you keep a clear head.

Robtard
Originally posted by jaden101

Brings home what one of the problems caused. You're about to hear the last moments of a family of 4.

Can't watch this at the moment, is that really real though?

1) Turn off ignition
2) Apply brakes

Would have likely saved them.

The Nuul
Cant turn off the ignition while driving, thats a safety issue. They could put the car in a lower gear though and hope to blow the engine...its better than crashing or dying.

jaden101
Can't watch this at the moment, is that really real though?

1) Turn off ignition
2) Apply brakes

Would have likely saved them.

Yep...Really real...It's the 911 call they made as they were approaching a junction at 120mph. The last thing you hear is the 13 year old daughter screaming...

It made me cum a wee bit.

King Kandy
That's a bad idea, you'll get carried forward. I think proper thing to do is:

1. Hit brakes
2. Shift to neutral
3. Cut ignition and turn off car

In that order.

The Nuul
Yeah...if the brakes work, brake with E brake then N.

Robtard
Originally posted by The Nuul
Cant turn off the ignition while driving, thats a safety issue. They could put the car in a lower gear though and hope to blow the engine...its better than crashing or dying.

Since when? I've done it before, not good for the car's transmission (esp. if an auto), but it beats being killed.

Robtard
Originally posted by King Kandy
That's a bad idea, you'll get carried forward. I think proper thing to do is:

1. Hit brakes
2. Shift to neutral
3. Cut ignition and turn off car

In that order.

Not sure, chief, hitting the brakes on a car that the engine is actively pushing at 120mph could cause the brakes pads to literally explode out of their carriage, then you're left with nothing except your dick in your hand.

The Nuul
Since when? I've done it before, not good for the car's transmission (esp. if an auto), but it beats being killed.

What year is your car?

The Nuul
Not sure, chief, hitting the brakes on a car that the engine is actively pushing at 120mph could cause the brakes pads to literally explode out of their carriage, then you're left with nothing except your dick in your hand.

I though of that also, way to fast to hit the breaks and also maybe spin out of control.

Robtard
What year is your car?

Done it on my 97 Montero (by accident) and I've done it on a 2001-2 Hyundai rental. You only click the key one notch, enough to kill the engine, but not lock the wheel or turn off the stereo, wouldn't want that.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying this is a smart/safe practice, but in the case of that family, killing the engine star, would have been smart.

Robtard
I though of that also, way to fast to hit the breaks and also maybe spin out of control.

Not the speed per se, as I've slammed the brakes on a car that was going upwards of 130 (in Italy, it's common).

It's the speed and that fact that the pedal is down too, bad combo.

The Nuul
Yeah those are old cars. Buy a new car today and your are unable to take the keys out of the ignition while you put the car in drive. I cant do it in my 07 Impreza.

Robtard
Yeah those are old cars. Buy a new car today and your are unable to take the keys out of the ignition while you put the car in drive. I cant do it in my 07 Impreza.

Not take out, just one click to kill the ignition.

My 97' Benz certainly isn't new; I can't take the key all the way out unless the car is in Neutral or Park, but I can click it down one notch to kill the engine.Your Impreza isn't any different, I'm pretty sure.

Try it while the car isn't moving, turn it on, place it into D and then just kill the engine. (BE SURE YOU'RE NOT MOVING)

The Nuul
Ummm...

The Nuul
BTW in that video on that call at the end....did anyone hear a loud crash, horns beeping etc....? no you didnt, its just static then the phone cuts off. it is possible that it is fake.

Robtard
BTW in that video on that call at the end....did anyone hear a loud crash, horns beeping etc....? no you didnt, its just static then the phone cuts off. it is possible that it is fake.

Maybe the father not wanting a large phone bill ended the call right before the crash?

The Nuul
Maybe...

dadudemon

Hmmm...at that speed....wouldn't the phone get destroyed rather quickly...along with the bodies?

The Nuul
First you would hear BEEEEEEEEEEEP then CRASHHHHHHHHHH then static/phone is dead. Or at the same time.

dadudemon
First you would hear BEEEEEEEEEEEP then CRASHHHHHHHHHH then static/phone is dead. Or at the same time.

Originally posted by dadudemon
Hmmm...at that speed....wouldn't the phone get destroyed rather quickly...along with the bodies?

We are talking small fractions of a second, here...before the phone's receiver is destroyed. At most, you'd hear a crackle before the receiver became useless.

Edit - reciever = mic

chomperx9
i have a 2006 corola S ive had it 4 years and no problems with hitting the gas pedle. not sure if mine is on the list or not

Robtard
Originally posted by chomperx9
i have a 2006 corola S ive had it 4 years and no problems with hitting the gas pedle. not sure if mine is on the list or not

Here your recalls.

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/2006/toyota/corolla/recalls/index.html

WickedDynamite
Looks like Toyota is not catching any breaks (no pun intended)

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/toyota-recall-now-camry-corolla/story?id=9790405

Damn! The Camry too?! Ooohhh...my brother in law is going to be piss. laughing out loud

Rogue Jedi
I was actually thinking of buying a Toyota Tundra. Maybe another Silverado now.

Robtard
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
I was actually thinking of buying a Toyota Tundra. Maybe another Silverado now.

No, go with the Tundra.

Rogue Jedi
No, go with the Tundra. Actually I have my eye on a Chrysler 300 and a Ford Ranger.

WickedDynamite
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100405/ap_on_bi_ge/us_toyota_recall

Oh shitz! Government Motors is out for blood with the competition!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.