Zeus vs SBP

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Nuul
Adult Zeus...

Who wins?

manx422
SBP

Lord Feron
DC or marvel?

nicamarvin
Originally posted by manx422
SBP HOW.... confused

The Nuul
Marvel of course.

Omega Vision
Zeus 5.5/10 He had trouble dealing with an Avenger's lineup that SBP would have torn apart but that was a rather low showing.

Bentley
Prime unscathed.

galactusischere
Zeus 6-7/10

nicamarvin
Originally posted by Bentley
Prime unscathed. How... confused

Bentley
Originally posted by nicamarvin
How... confused

Mainly by his trademark punch in the opponent's face.

ares834
lol. I too say Prime wins.

quanchi112
Prime wins.

nicamarvin
How about Combo to K.O? will that work on Zeu?.. confused

JakeTheBank
How about Combo to K.O? will that work on Zeu?.. confused

When it's Prime, Combo to KO works on just about everyone.

Colossus-Big C
how strong is super boy prime?

JakeTheBank
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C

Strong. Very strong.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Strong. Very strong. thor strong?

WickedDynamite

Unlimited and invulnerable to magic.

Zeus is toast.

Wild Shadow
thor strong?

army strong.

any who if zues can go giant head he has got this

Colossus-Big C
as i recall zeus physically keep thor in check with 1 hand, and thor lifted an infinit mass book....

JakeTheBank
thor strong?

Much stronger.

Basically he's a murderous Pre-Crisis Superman who is highly resistant if not immune to magic.

Colossus-Big C
Much stronger.

Basically he's a murderous Pre-Crisis Superman who is highly resistant if not immune to magic. i rember captain marvel went intangable once and told zeus that he can touch her, he still physcally beat her while she was intangable

nicamarvin
When it's Prime, Combo to KO works on just about everyone. except Juggernaut..... smokin'

Colossus-Big C
except Juggernaut..... smokin' weres that big green funny looking face smiley ?

quanchi112
thor strong? A lot stronger than Thor.

Omega Vision
as i recall zeus physically keep thor in check with 1 hand, and thor lifted an infinit mass book....
Excuse me? Did you just assign a Superman feat to Thor? I'm pretty sure Thor's high end lifting feat was the Midgard Serpent.

DarkOdin
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Excuse me? Did you just assign a Superman feat to Thor? I'm pretty sure Thor's high end lifting feat was the Midgard Serpent. Yes he just did sad but hay maybe the serpent was reading a magic book that also had infinte mass like th e1 in D/C yes thats what happened smokin'

Omega Vision
Originally posted by DarkOdin
Yes he just did sad but hay maybe the serpent was reading a magic book that also had infinte mass like th e1 in D/C yes thats what happened smokin'
Yeah, what most people don't realize is that the Midgard Serpent had swallowed three infinite mass books. Also Thor wasn't really even trying. stick out tongue

quanchi112
Excuse me? Did you just assign a Superman feat to Thor? I'm pretty sure Thor's high end lifting feat was the Midgard Serpent. Supes' best feat and he needed help to do it. I agree. smile

Omega Vision
Originally posted by quanchi112
Supes' best feat and he needed help to do it. I agree. smile
Its still lightyears beyond anything Thor has ever done. I don't see two Thors lifting the Infinite Book. I don't see five Thors doing it.

Slaanesh
SBP

quanchi112
Its still lightyears beyond anything Thor has ever done. I don't see two Thors lifting the Infinite Book. I don't see five Thors doing it. Marvel did it with Superman. If your best feat is one you needed help to pull off that isn't something to brag about.

Lord Feron
Question for people... if divine power = to magic????

Omega Vision
Marvel did it with Superman. If your best feat is one you needed help to pull off that isn't something to brag about.
Lifting half of infinity is always something to brag about. no expression

Kasper Gutman
Zeus. Do people really think that a pre-crisis level superman could take down Zeus? The answer is no. Also I'm glad highly resistant to magic was mentioned at least once instead of just invulnerable to magic because there are some very large threads predominantly filled with that very debate.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Kasper Gutman
Zeus. Do people really think that a pre-crisis level superman could take down Zeus? The answer is no. Also I'm glad highly resistant to magic was mentioned at least once instead of just invulnerable to magic because there are some very large threads predominantly filled with that very debate.
Pre Crisis Superman wasn't constantly bloodlusted and resistant to Magic.

Lord Feron
Zeus. Do people really think that a pre-crisis level superman could take down Zeus? The answer is no. Also I'm glad highly resistant to magic was mentioned at least once instead of just invulnerable to magic because there are some very large threads predominantly filled with that very debate. YEah agreed. IMO he is very very highly resistant. but not completly immune. He still feels it but it just takes a considerably amount to affect him.

quanchi112
Lifting half of infinity is always something to brag about. no expression He needed help to do so he can't lift it without marvel's aid.

Omega Vision
He needed help to do so he can't lift it without marvel's aid.
What's your point? Needing help to lift a six hundred pound refrigerator (assuming the two of you are bearing equal weight) still puts you ahead of some guy who can barely lift a one hundred pound chest of drawers by himself.

the ninjak
Originally posted by Lord Feron

Depends on what level of deity the entity is.
Hank Pym explained that magic is just science on another level.
Demi Gods and deities like Thor and Herc are probably enchanted beings.
Odin and Zeus breach the line between magic and Cosmic level power.
Eternity Galactus LT are primal beings that have existed probably before time itself so are not magic in nature more RAW ENERGY.

Colossus-Big C
there equal
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1118449-thor_289_10_super.jpg..http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1118450-thor_289_11_super.jpg

Tattoos N Scars
Hell, if Kratos can do it...Prime can too..lol

quanchi112
there equal
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1118449-thor_289_10_super.jpg..http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/51954/1118450-thor_289_11_super.jpg If everyone believed they were as equal as that it would be more or less a 50/50 split between the two when it isn't.

Colossus-Big C
If everyone believed they were as equal as that it would be more or less a 50/50 split between the two when it isn't. it was a 50/50 split

quanchi112
it was a 50/50 split Not everyone sees it that way though. I think most here also side with Thor against Hercules when we take their highest showings into account.

Colossus-Big C
Not everyone sees it that way though. I think most here also side with Thor against Hercules when we take their highest showings into account. yea but the attentions of the writers is to make there pantheons equal
zeus=odin
herc=thor(physical)
ares=balder
pluto=hela(stalemated)

quanchi112
yea but the attentions of the writers is to make there pantheons equal
zeus=odin
herc=thor(physical)
ares=balder
pluto=hela(stalemated) In this one issue, sure. I don't think everyone holds the same opinion here. I for one don't seeing as how Thor is superior to Hercules in almost every conceivable way.

Omega Vision
In this one issue, sure. I don't think everyone holds the same opinion here. I for one don't seeing as how Thor is superior to Hercules in almost every conceivable way.
Not with the ladies.

quanchi112
Not with the ladies. Even with the ladies. Most women prefer Thor to Herc.

Omega Vision
Even with the ladies. Most women prefer Thor to Herc.
erm

JakeTheBank
Hercules is described by writers as being "drunk, womanizing Thor".

Omega Vision
Hercules is described by writers as being "drunk, womanizing Thor".
Thor seems oblivious at times to female attention. Hercules conversely sometimes assumes female attention even in its absence.

Batman-Prime
She-Hulk

JakeTheBank
Thor seems oblivious at times to female attention. Hercules conversely sometimes assumes female attention even in its absence.

I think Thor is more of a "gentlemen" when it comes to women than Herc is. For most of his life, Thor has either been in love with Sif or Jane Foster.

Omega Vision
I think Thor is more of a "gentlemen" when it comes to women than Herc is. For most of his life, Thor has either been in love with Sif or Jane Foster.
I liked the short arc where Herc dressed as Thor to get with that Dark Elf chick. She came for Thor but stayed for Herc. cool

quanchi112
erm I could put up a scan proving it.

zeel

I would totally agree with you but primes resistance to magic is insane thats what saves him him.

50/50

Now if prime would to be dealing with odin we all know it prime would choke P

ares834
What's your point? Needing help to lift a six hundred pound refrigerator (assuming the two of you are bearing equal weight) still puts you ahead of some guy who can barely lift a one hundred pound chest of drawers by himself.
And half of infinity is still infinity.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by ares834
And this is the reason Ultraman lifting it by himself still makes sense, Superman could have done it by himself but it was a sure thing to him with Cap's help.

quanchi112
And half of infinity is still infinity. Not really.

Omega Vision
Not really.
Divide infinity by two. Find the result. Go on.

Now you're lowballing math? eek!

quanchi112
Divide infinity by two. Find the result. Go on.

Now you're lowballing math? eek! If half of infinity weighed the same as infinity then superman wouldn't have needed help.

If you take half of something it's only half of something.

Omega Vision
If half of infinity weighed the same as infinity then superman wouldn't have needed help.

Half of zero or half of infinity are still zero and infinity respectively. Math doesn't seem to be your friend Quan.

ares834
If half of infinity weighed the same as infinity then superman wouldn't have needed help.

Not how it workd infinity divided by any positive integer other than infinity is infinty.

Mindset
Half of zero or half of infinity are still zero and infinity respectively. Math doesn't seem to be your friend Quan. Half of zero is actually 47.

quanchi112
Half of zero or half of infinity are still zero and infinity respectively. Math doesn't seem to be your friend Quan. You're still taking only half of it which isn't infinity.Originally posted by ares834
Not how it workd infinity divided by any positive integer other than infinity is infinty. If you take away half from infinity it isn't infinity.

Colossus-Big C
infinity is an infinit amount of weight, half of that should still be infinit

manx422
You're still taking only half of it which isn't infinity. If you take away half from infinity it isn't infinity. it is infinity my friend

quanchi112
infinity is an infinit amount of weight, half of that should still be infinit Logically though if you one helps it's only half of infinity which isn't the same thing as infinite. If it's still weighs the same he shouldn't need help.

ares834
Logically though if you one helps it's only half of infinity which isn't the same thing as infinite. If it's still weighs the same he shouldn't need help.
Infinity is beyond the human mind so one can't be really logic about it. The best we can do is grasp the concept. However, Mathmatics show that infinty divided by 2 is still infinty. Ask any Math Professor. Infinty divided by any positvie finit number in infinity.

quanchi112
Originally posted by manx422
it is infinity my friend Not half of it.Originally posted by ares834
Infinity is beyond the human mind so one can't be really logic about it. The best we can do is grasp the concept. However, Mathmatics show that infinty divided by 2 is still infinty. Ask any Math Professor. Infinty divided by any positvie finit number in infinity. I am using common sense and if someone needs help to lift half of infinity then they couldn't life all of it on their own.

Omega Vision
You're still taking only half of it which isn't infinity. If you take away half from infinity it isn't infinity. Originally posted by quanchi112
Not half of it. I am using common sense and if someone needs help to lift half of infinity then they couldn't life all of it on their own.
Infinity and zero are both numbers who's products and quotients are always infinity and zero respectively unless they are divided by themselves in which case infinity divided by infinity can equal zero, one, or be undefined and zero divided by zero is also always undefined because a zero in the denominator makes a quotient undefined. Logically unless you can lift infinity by yourself it doesn't matter how many people of comparable strength you add on you'll never be able to reach it. After all no matter how many times you raise ten to a higher power it will never equal infinity. Therefore at least one of the two (my money is on Superman) could lift infinity. This is backed up by his anti-matter duplicate being able to lift the book by himself.

Mindset
Logically though if you one helps it's only half of infinity which isn't the same thing as infinite. If it's still weighs the same he shouldn't need help. Logic and infinity do not go well together.

If you have an unlimited supply of something and you divide it by 2, you still have an unlimited supply.

Mindset
Therefore at least one of the two (my money is on Superman) could lift infinity. He can't.

Don't be a Trickster priest.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Mindset
He can't.

Don't be a Trickster priest.
Look we both saw Superman and Cap lifting infinity and unless one of the factors (Cap or Supes) is capable of lifting infinity on their own adding them won't reach infinity. Basic reasoning.

Mindset
Look we both saw Superman and Cap lifting infinity and unless one of the factors (Cap or Supes) is capable of lifting infinity on their own adding them won't reach infinity. Basic reasoning. The basic reasoning is that it's an outlier feat that wouldn't be reasonable to use as a basis for determining Superman's strength capabilities.

But I see you're gonna be a TricksterPriest about it.

galactusischere
I remember Herc/Zeus lifting the sky. Literally.

Omega Vision
The basic reasoning is that it's an outlier feat that wouldn't be reasonable to use as a basis for determining Superman's strength capabilities.

But I see you're gonna be a TricksterPriest about it.
It is an outlier feat but one that I think is still relevant because many times its been shown that Superman's strength is incredibly variable and fluctuates depending on the needs of his situation. I think all kryptonians have the capacity for infinite strength but many factors inhibit this in practice. Notice that there is no yellow sun as far as we can tell in Limbo. Limbo was stated at one point as being a place where forgotten things go, a cosmic trash-heap where nothing happens. Superman defied this by making something happen and lifting the infinite book, an impossible feat of strength made possible by his imagination. It ties into the theme of thought=reality that was prevalent in Final Crisis.

Mindset
Yea, Herc has unlimited strength too.

And WWH was stronger than him, so he has super unlimited strength.

Mindset
I think all kryptonians have the capacity for infinite strength OK, TP.

galactusischere
Yea, Herc has unlimited strength too.

And WWH was stronger than him, so he has super unlimited strength.

That makes alot of sense.

Omega Vision
OK, TP.
Pretty much. I think kryptonian strength is mentally contrived.

Mindset
Oh, don't forget WW helped Supes lift Spectre who weighed an eternity, and that obviously is equivalent to infinite weight, she has infinite strength too.

So far, Herc, WW, Supes, WWH, Sentry, and Thor have inifinite strength.

WWH is stronger than Herc, who lifted an infinite amount of weight, Thor stalmated Herc, and Sentry survived getting kicked in the nuts.

Omega Vision
Oh, don't forget WW helped Supes lift Spectre who weighed an eternity, and that obviously is equivalent to infinite weight, she has infinite strength too.

So far, Herc, WW, Supes, WWH, Sentry, and Thor have inifinite strength.

WWH is stronger than Herc, who lifted an infinite amount of weight, Thor stalmated Herc, and Sentry survived getting kicked in the nuts.
You're learning. That's good. I think superheroes having strength that's limited only by their imagination and understanding of their strength is a neat concept.

Mindset
I think the ghost of Marilyn Monroe giving me a blowjob is a neat concept, doesn't make it real.

Omega Vision
I think the ghost of Marilyn Monroe giving me a blowjob is a neat concept, doesn't make it real.
In a comic it could be real. Inconsistencies are a part of what makes comics fun (or alternatively infuriating).

Mindset
OK, but this is a debate, not a comic.

What do we do with inconsistencies here?

Omega Vision
OK, but this is a debate, not a comic.

What do we do with inconsistencies here?
We go for the explanation that is most supported. But in this case Superman's capacity for infinite strength isn't poorly supported as shown by both the book lifting and the Spectre lifting.

Mindset
facepalm

Omega Vision
facepalm
The limit to his strength fluctuates and rather than try to affix finite constraints its easier just to assume infinite capability that is often restricted by his mental state and comprehension.

Mindset
And you think the same applies to every other hero I mentioned?

Blanket
We go for the explanation that is most supported. But in this case Superman's capacity for infinite strength isn't poorly supported as shown by both the book lifting and the Spectre lifting. He lifted time with Spectre and so did unlimited strength Diana (woman).
And, double unlimited strength Ultraman lifted the book alone, while Superman (only one unlimited strength) had help with Billy (Earth 5 unlimited strength).

Omega Vision
It could very well apply to Hulk, in fact it most certainly does. His infinite strength is unlocked by his anger.
Originally posted by Blanket
He lifted time with Spectre and so did unlimited strength Diana (woman).
And, double unlimited strength Ultraman lifted the book alone, while Superman (only one unlimited strength) had help with Billy (Earth 5 unlimited strength).
Sadly most people probably think that makes sense.

Mindset
It could very well apply to Hulk, in fact it most certainly does. His infinite strength is unlocked by his anger.

Sadly most people probably think that makes sense. Hulk has infinite strength when he isn't at the height of his anger.

WWH > Herc, who has infinite strength.

So the angrier he gets the more infinite it gets?

ares834
So the angrier he gets the more infinite it gets?
ALL ANIMALS ARE EQUAL BUT SOME ANIMALS ARE MORE EQUAL THAN OTHERS.

Mindset
I'm a manimal.

Blanket

Sadly most people probably think that makes sense. Makes perfect sense when putting them in context and saying it equals unlimited strength. smile

carver9

laughing

quanchi112
Infinity and zero are both numbers who's products and quotients are always infinity and zero respectively unless they are divided by themselves in which case infinity divided by infinity can equal zero, one, or be undefined and zero divided by zero is also always undefined because a zero in the denominator makes a quotient undefined. Logically unless you can lift infinity by yourself it doesn't matter how many people of comparable strength you add on you'll never be able to reach it. After all no matter how many times you raise ten to a higher power it will never equal infinity. Therefore at least one of the two (my money is on Superman) could lift infinity. This is backed up by his anti-matter duplicate being able to lift the book by himself. Yeah, he needed help so saying he could lift it on his own goes against the comic and common sense to boot.Originally posted by Mindset
Logic and infinity do not go well together.

If you have an unlimited supply of something and you divide it by 2, you still have an unlimited supply. But if you take half of infinity it shouldn't way as much as all of infinity.

Colossus-Big C
any one knows where this is from?

zeus

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/39876/1119711-picture_5_super.png

The Nuul
Is that Zealot? that looks like something out of a Image comic.

quanchi112

zeus

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/39876/1119711-picture_5_super.png Awesome.

Omega Vision
Yeah, he needed help so saying he could lift it on his own goes against the comic and common sense to boot. But if you take half of infinity it shouldn't way as much as all of infinity.
You just really don't understand the concept of infinity do you? It isn't a real number so you can't get it by multiplying a real number (a finite limit of strength for both Captain Marvel and Superman, assume in this case they're equal) times the number of lifters (2). You'll get a finite real number, not infinity.

quanchi112
You just really don't understand the concept of infinity do you? It isn't a real number so you can't get it by multiplying a real number (a finite limit of strength for both Captain Marvel and Superman, assume in this case they're equal) times the number of lifters (2). You'll get a finite real number, not infinity. It's a simple concept. Half of something doesn't equal all of something.

Omega Vision
It's a simple concept. Half of something doesn't equal all of something.
The rules change when you're dealing with a non-real number, dinkus.
Half of zero is still zero, half of infinity is still infinity.

Colossus-Big C
Originally posted by The Nuul
Is that Zealot? that looks like something out of a Image comic. who is zealot?

quanchi112
The rules change when you're dealing with a non-real number, dinkus.
Half of zero is still zero, half of infinity is still infinity. No, it defies common sense to suggest half of infinity still equals the same as all of infinity. If so Superman wouldn't have needed help if it weighed the same.

Omega Vision
No, it defies common sense to suggest half of infinity still equals the same as all of infinity. If so Superman wouldn't have needed help if it weighed the same.
This is just frustrating. Infinity isn't a normal number. Just like zero if you divide it by two the quotient is the same as the original.

Blanket
Frustrating? THIS IS QUANCHI!

Omega Vision
Frustrating? THIS IS QUANCHI!
I need to get my Calculus Professor to explain the concept of Infinity to Quan and then if he still doesn't get it to drop a dunce-hat shaped rock on his head.

Blanket
Quanchi doesn't need to understand it because common sense is on a his side.

Omega Vision
Quanchi doesn't need to understand it because common sense is on a his side.
Yeah his opinions are always supported by comics. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Too bad math isn't his buddy.

ares834
No, it defies common sense to suggest half of infinity still equals the same as all of infinity. If so Superman wouldn't have needed help if it weighed the same.
As I said common sense does not work well with infinty. Regardless infinty is endless, which means withour ends, if you cut endless in half you still have endless,

SuperiorTech

zeus

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/39876/1119711-picture_5_super.png

It's from Hulk vs Hercules unleashed

quanchi112
This is just frustrating. Infinity isn't a normal number. Just like zero if you divide it by two the quotient is the same as the original. Again, if it weighed the same he wouldn't need help. Quit getting hung up on the number. Originally posted by Omega Vision
I need to get my Calculus Professor to explain the concept of Infinity to Quan and then if he still doesn't get it to drop a dunce-hat shaped rock on his head. I need to get you to understand the fact this is comic books logic.Originally posted by ares834
As I said common sense does not work well with infinty. Regardless infinty is endless, which means withour ends, if you cut endless in half you still have endless, Again, if you need help to lift up half of something then you realize that half of infinity is less than all of infinity.

Omega Vision
Again, if it weighed the same he wouldn't need help. Quit getting hung up on the number. I need to get you to understand the fact this is comic books logic. Again, if you need help to lift up half of something then you realize that half of infinity is less than all of infinity.
You've tried using "real" logic and when I debunked that you fall back to the tired "this is comic books, guys! Srsly!" roll eyes (sarcastic)

KuRuPT Thanosi
Even split

quanchi112
You've tried using "real" logic and when I debunked that you fall back to the tired "this is comic books, guys! Srsly!" roll eyes (sarcastic) No, I used common sense. half of something isn't the same as all of something. If it weighed the same Superman wouldn't need help.

Omega Vision
No, I used common sense. half of something isn't the same as all of something. If it weighed the same Superman wouldn't need help.
One of the things you'd know if you had any sort of education is that generally common sense and actual fact are two different things. Common sense and math don't always mesh.

quanchi112
One of the things you'd know if you had any sort of education is that generally common sense and actual fact are two different things. Common sense and math don't always mesh. What's wrong with my logic?

Mindset
Quan, what is half of nothing?

DarkOdin
One of the things you'd know if you had any sort of education is that generally common sense and actual fact are two different things. Common sense and math don't always mesh. Well if you had any common sense you would not try to talk common sense or math with Quan laughing

quanchi112
Quan, what is half of nothing? Nothing. No win comics we have seen varying levels of infinity and every weirdo explanation out there. Half of infinity obviously didn't weigh the ttoal amount of infinity or else he wouldn't have needed help.Originally posted by DarkOdin
Well if you had any common sense you would not try to talk common sense or math with Quan laughing You're one to talk.

Mindset
Nothing. No win comics we have seen varying levels of infinity and every weirdo explanation out there. Half of infinity obviously didn't weigh the ttoal amount of infinity or else he wouldn't have needed help. Levels of infinity in magnitudes of power, not weight.

ares834
What's wrong with my logic?
The fact that you are trying to apply logic to infinity but let me show you your big problem.
No, I used common sense. half of something isn't the same as all of something . If it weighed the same Superman wouldn't need help.
Infinity isn't something. Heck it isn't everything. Infinty non finite, hence the name, which means no end. Here is your big problem you treat infinity like a number, but its not its a concept. Imagine dividing justice in half what do you have left... Well you would still have Justice left, infinity works in a similar way.
Here is a site whith some rules about infinity.
Click.

supremthor
what about superman holding a black hole in his hand, that in its self is beats most other characters like thor, Hulk etc.

quanchi112
Levels of infinity in magnitudes of power, not weight. Same thing. Again my logic is correct because half of infinity shouldn't weigh the same as all of infinity.Originally posted by ares834
The fact that you are trying to apply logic to infinity but let me show you your big problem.

Infinity isn't something. Heck it isn't everything. Infinty non finite, hence the name, which means no end. Here is your big problem you treat infinity like a number, but its not its a concept. Imagine dividing justice in half what do you have left... Well you would still have Justice left, infinity works in a similar way.
Here is a site whith some rules about infinity.
Click. I am applying logic to the feat and have explained myself more than once.

ares834
Click the link and read it.

Cartesian Doubt
Originally posted by Lord Feron

The best question anyone has asked ... And I don't think anyone at Marvel can answer this. Its a very metaphysical question. Where do the Gods get their powers. Its be suggested they Origin from Platos Demiurge, which suggests they are meta physical in nature.

Omega Vision
Same thing. Again my logic is correct because half of infinity shouldn't weigh the same as all of infinity. I am applying logic to the feat and have explained myself more than once.
Math would like a word with you.

This may explain exactly why your approach to infinity is wrong:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hilbert%27s_paradox_of_the_Grand_Hotel

You're treating infinity like a finite number that can be divided by two to get a smaller finite number. That isn't the case.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Cartesian Doubt
The best question anyone has asked ... And I don't think anyone at Marvel can answer this. Its a very metaphysical question. Where do the Gods get their powers. Its be suggested they Origin from Platos Demiurge, which suggests they are meta physical in nature.
In DC at least the Gods were created by the Godwave which is shown to be divine and IIRC an aspect of the Source. Yet Phantom Stranger and Spectre are both called magical beings despite being firmly (at least at the moment, it wasn't always the case for the Phantom Stranger) entrenched in the divine.

Cartesian Doubt

But Infinity is hard to quantify ... For example A circle is infinitely long, in a way.

Omega Vision
But Infinity is hard to quantify ... For example A circle is infinitely long, in a way.
If you don't define a point of reference yes, but then so is any continuous shape and/or function.

Cartesian Doubt
You just really don't understand the concept of infinity do you?

And neither DO u ... Nobody does ... In fact Leibniz went partially INSANE trying to understand it, and I hazard a guess that he is A LOT cleverer than you wink

Mindset
And neither DO u ... Nobody does ... In fact Leibniz went partially INSANE trying to understand it, and I hazard a guess that he is A LOT cleverer than you wink He's not more clever than me, though.

Cartesian Doubt
If you don't define a point of reference yes, but then so is any continuous shape and/or function.

Exactly ... How do we know the book had such predicates as a "Defined point of reference" ... Grant Morison is likely to have made it conform with Godel Geometry - As he's made reference to reading Godel in the past. The book probably existed in numerous dimensions simultaneously, so its mass is completely unquantifiable.

Cartesian Doubt
He's not more clever than me, though.

He invented calculus with Newton !!!!!!!

Cartesian Doubt
Suggesting that you understand the concept of Infinity is like suggesting you understand the concept of a square-triangle .... U can claim u do, but u most probably don't. Thanks to Kantian transcendental Idealism, we know that all concepts are contrived using three dimensional space and time. You would have to have evolved cognitive processes beyond this restriction ... I imagine, if you have done, u won't be wasting your time debating over whether Zeus can beat Prime?

Mindset
Logic and infinity do not go well together.

Omega Vision
I never have paid much attention to Liebniz beyond his philosophy, I always thought his theory on monads was interesting but a bit abstruse. I don't really understand it that well.
Suggesting that you understand the concept of Infinity is like suggesting you understand the concept of a square-triangle .... U can claim u do, but u most probably don't. Thanks to Kantian transcendental Idealism, we know that all concepts are contrived using three dimensional space and time. You would have to have evolved cognitive processes beyond this restriction ... I imagine, if you have done, u won't be wasting your time debating over whether Zeus can beat Prime?
No you can't understand infinity. But you can understand it better than Quan does. stick out tongue

Cartesian Doubt
Quan does. stick out tongue

Agreed ! smile

Cartesian Doubt

Indeed .... Infinity's most probably don't even exist in their traditional sense, I'll hazard a guess human beings will understand the concept of square-triangles before they understand infinity.

Omega Vision
Indeed .... Infinity's most probably don't even exist in their traditional sense, I'll hazard a guess human beings will understand the concept of square-triangles before they understand infinity.
Out of curiosity have you ever heard of Sir Roger Penrose's Theory of Aeons?

namorsubby
SBP

quanchi112
Math would like a word with you.

This may explain exactly why your approach to infinity is wrong:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hilbert%27s_paradox_of_the_Grand_Hotel

You're treating infinity like a finite number that can be divided by two to get a smaller finite number. That isn't the case. Again, I am looking at the comic book scene and applying logic to it. By your logic he shouldn't have needed help, right since it weighs the same, right?

And neither DO u ... Nobody does ... In fact Leibniz went partially INSANE trying to understand it, and I hazard a guess that he is A LOT cleverer than you wink Nicely done.Originally posted by Omega Vision
I never have paid much attention to Liebniz beyond his philosophy, I always thought his theory on monads was interesting but a bit abstruse. I don't really understand it that well.

No you can't understand infinity. But you can understand it better than Quan does. stick out tongue You obviously didn't understand the point of the scene in the comic. Half of infinity didn't weigh the same as all of infinity.

Mindset
Again, I am looking at the comic book scene and applying logic to it. By your logic he shouldn't have needed help, right since it weighs the same, right?

Right.

Which is why I disregard the feat as nonsense.

quanchi112
Right.

Which is why I disregard the feat as nonsense. Ok. I also tend not to get hung up on these types of feats.

Batman-Prime
Right.

Which is why I disregard the feat as nonsense.

Which is why i disregard you as nonsense. And comics too.

uhuh

Mindset
Your face is nonsense.

kakuzu
Zeus should win being skyfather and all but Marvel hasn't shown enough to really give him that credit. He pwned She Hulk and Namor like they were kids and fought Thor to a standstill(Zeus wasn't trying) but hasn't shown much besides that. If he can get his lighting on Prime he can win, if he ***** slaps prime enough he can win.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>