Emma Frost (Diamond Form) vs. Colossus.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

pinksushi1

smokin'

the ninjak
Piotr bends Emma's arms back until they crack?

galactusischere
Isn't this kinda spite? What strenght class is Emma in?

pinksushi1
How is it spite?

By the way, in which trade paperbacks did Nimrod appear in?

the ninjak
Originally posted by pinksushi1
How is it spite?

Days of Future Past????
recent XForce Nimrod tech revives Bastion.

pinksushi1
Which recent X-Force?

Also, I can't seem to buy Days of Future past anyhwhere.

Not on Amazon. nowhere.

the ninjak
3rd 4th Trade?

pinksushi1
You mean Necrosha?

KingD19
Emma ranges from Class 1-10. And her durability far outshines her strength. She loses rather badly.

pinksushi1
Can she be koed?

KingD19
I believe so, but I'm not sure. Even if she can't be, Colossus can and will beat her into submission, or BFR her. The strength difference is too much.

Q99
Originally posted by pinksushi1
How is it spite?

Days of Future Past. New X-men Childhood's end (I THINK the second one of the Childhood's end trades). Then he kinda appears in the first new X-force trade.

StiltmanFTW
Colossus

Original Smurph
Emma's past Class 10. Colossus still destroys her though.

snoopdogg
Emma.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Emma.

How?

snoopdogg
I think she will be able to outlast him because she's more durable being diamond and all.

Wei Phoenix
What durability feats does she have that outshine his? What combat prowess does she have that outshine his? How does she break out of a Russian bear hug?

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
How does she break out of a Russian bear hug?
By flexing her breasts. stick out tongue

Colossus-Big C
um colossus is more durable than diamond. in fact diamond is only durable to scratches, it still can be shattered..

KingD19
When Danger came to life, she couldn't hurt Pete at all, so she had to use his fear of hurting Kitty to get him to turn to normal.

She knew Emma's shatterpoint and threatened to use it. Later on, she didn't even need the shatterpoint, she just threatened to drill a hole in her head.

StiltmanFTW
One would argue that she got an upgrade from Breakwordlers, though.

KingD19
True, but Colossus is still far above her, by a significant enough margin that his victory is ensured.

StiltmanFTW
Agreed.

SamZED
containing the void counts as durability feat, no?

Konton
Originally posted by KingD19
When Danger came to life, she couldn't hurt Pete at all, so she had to use his fear of hurting Kitty to get him to turn to normal.

She knew Emma's shatterpoint and threatened to use it. Later on, she didn't even need the shatterpoint, she just threatened to drill a hole in her head.

Her shatter point is in her face. Danger was actively threatening to exploit it then and there, not just busting through Emma with force.

Emma's flaw is her only known weakness in diamond form and it is tiny. Not only that, its location isn't common knowledge. Colossus isn't shattering her.

I say Stalemate. Emma isn't nearly strong enough to compete, but she's durable enough to just sit there and lol.

snoopdogg
If her shatterpoint is her face wouldn't that be the first place you'd hit somebody?

Konton
It's a teeny tiny flaw. Think pin needle small.

Original Smurph
Colossus could probably BFR her...

The Nuul
Pete stomps her....

Konton
Originally posted by KingD19

Danger's analysis of Emma was "impenetrable at current mass."

Danger was bluffing, btw. If you recall the entire scene, Emma called her bluff and came out of diamond form because she knew Danger couldn't kill her.

tideoftime
Colossus, of course. Even if he couldn't hurt her (which I believe he can, even if -- being fair -- it took him awhile), she can't defeat him in her diamond form -- even if she has a degree of superstrength, it would still be far less than his. He wins by being able to pin her and force her to wear something gauche...

Konton
But what will pinning her do? It's not the same as a KO. She has never been showed to be KO'd in diamond form, save for one Cyclops incident which was after an alteration of her powers. Then again, she's been shown to be immune to Cyclop's beams entirely. I mean, that doesn't make sense because they are purely concussive, but comics are comics.

stalemate imo

Original Smurph
Colossus throws her into orbit.

KingD19
If not by beating her with pure force, he can just BFR, and she unlike Colossus has a shatterpoint.

Konton
Talking. To. Walls.

Original Smurph
Battle. Field. Removal.

Parmaniac
B!tch. Fvcked. Rough

tideoftime
Originally posted by Konton
But what will pinning her do? It's not the same as a KO. She has never been showed to be KO'd in diamond form, save for one Cyclops incident which was after an alteration of her powers. Then again, she's been shown to be immune to Cyclop's beams entirely. I mean, that doesn't make sense because they are purely concussive, but comics are comics.

stalemate imo

#1: The latter part of my post was sardonic; Peter would never be so cruel as to put her in a Donatella Versace evening slip -- that's just cruel. Even Doom is like "Damn... what is your *damage*, Peter? I mean, seriously... at least get her a descent Vera Wang..."
#2: It isn't a stalemate; *he* can overcome/whelm *her*, routinely, but she can't do the same in turn, even marginally. In a forum fight, that would make him the winner, much as it would in a standard points fight. *Now*, if the OP had listed this as being a *durability* contest, then that is something completely different: I'd still say Colossus wins, but there would be a more legitimate debate involved at that point, and not the clear victory that it is here.

Konton
How is he going to "overwhelm" someone who doesn't feel ANYTHING?

Yeah he's way stronger and could knock her around, but she'd just get back up and insult him every time. Yeah, she doesn't have the strength to hit him back any, but it doesn't really mean he has a usable advantage...

snoopdogg
He can just pull a WWHulk on her I guess.

KingD19

Yeah he's way stronger and could knock her around, but she'd just get back up and insult him every time. Yeah, she doesn't have the strength to hit him back any, but it doesn't really mean he has a usable advantage...

You beat them unti they don't want to fight anymore, besides, he can just BFR her. WHy can't you accept the fact that he can toss her a few miles away, ending the fight in his favor.

tideoftime

It doesn't matter whether she feels anything or not, or continues to hurl verbal insults (however harsh/witty they may be, and no doubt *would* be), or even that he can *harm* her, directly, in a physical way (though as I said, I think he could, given time) -- he can overwhelm her and prevent her from being able to take viable action in a Forum Fight; this is no different, contextually, than Spiderman being able to web a foe into a cocoon, or Xavier being able to put a target to sleep telepathically, or Wonder Woman using her lasso to force another into submission. In the three previous examples (except that the opponent is asleep in one), the target still has their own thoughts/expressions --Emma will no doubt tear Peter a new one, verbally; that doesn't help her win the fight. Peter wins because Emma has no way to defeat *him* in combat, while *he* can overwhelm her easily.

Again, this is a standard vs. fight, in a Forum Fight context; KO/Kill is *not* required for victory, as such, unless specified by the OP -- one opponent can defeat the other via incapacitation, BFR, neutralization, et al. (And like I said, personally it would have been better to have this be a durability contest -- at least that is a debatable issue, moreso than a standard vs. fight).

EDIT: Oh, and of course there is BFR, but that isn't necessary in this battle, merely an option.

Konton
So he throws her away. She gets up and walks back to him.

That would go on forever. They don't get tired.

By that logic, every fight with Superman in it would end after one punch because he knocks people across continents.

Neither get tired or can permanently injure the other.

SoulDevourer

Danger's analysis of Emma was "impenetrable at current mass." IMO Peter find a way to penetrate her

Original Smurph
Colossus buries her underground. Colossus knocks her into deep water. Colossus throws her into orbit...

Parmaniac
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
IMO Peter find a way to penetrate her
http://www.maskworld.com/pix/teeth/character/3000-austin-powers.jpg
Oh yeah he penetrates her baby

tideoftime

By that logic, every fight with Superman in it would end after one punch because he knocks people across continents.

Konton, I have to say that I am a bit surprised at your flaw in perspective here: what you are describing is a durability/stamina debate, *NOT* a standard forum fight. As I already said, this would be much better as a durability (stamina, what-have-you) debate. As a Forum Fight, Colossus wins, with embarrassing ease; as a durability "fight", well... that can be debated, but in the long haul Emma's wit might make Peter cry, which could rank as at least a moral victory.

KingD19
A BFR is classified as removal from the battlefield, and the opponent removed can't get back quick enough to keep the fight going. If Pete launches Emma across the state line, or even a county away, it's going to take hours at full sprint, days at a walk.

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by Parmaniac
http://www.maskworld.com/pix/teeth/character/3000-austin-powers.jpg
Oh yeah he penetrates her baby GRROOOVY! rock rock

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by snoopdogg
He can just pull a WWHulk on her I guess.

thumb up

Konton
I suppose alcohol impairs my ability to remain unbiased.

tideoftime
I suppose alcohol impairs my ability to remain unbiased.

No problem dude -- if you're as far gone as I'd like to be (I still have more shoveling to do, thanks to Snowpocalypse), then *you*, my friend, are the true victor in this discussion...

... (wonder if I can sucker Kelly out of some port... it's a good afternoon for sippin'...)

Wei Phoenix

He could BFR her easily, it doesn't matter if she feels a thing or not, she can get knocked so far away with one punch whereas her punches against him shouldn't even tickle. Colossus has the advantage in their fight.

Wei Phoenix

If he knocks her from one state to another or even another city then she's bfr'd. She can't get back to the fight fast enough to continue. There's a difference in taking like 30 seconds to get back into the fight and 30 minutes.

-Pr-
been done:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=415221&pagenumber=1

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=321826

please use search in future. closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.